Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee will play the 3

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo Lee will play the 3

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Check out this youtube video. Lee is working on his jump shot and ball handling. He looks like he bulked up. I like Lee as back up for Randolph but he could start at the 3. We could bench Crawford and move Richardson to the two spot. Sounds like a nice line up with Raldolph and Lee starting.

I think Lee willl be a beast this year. His jump shot and his handle will be the exact thing what we need. He is our best rebounder and he will definately be having more minutes thins year.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Lee is our best PF. **** Randolph.

Of course he's gonna play 'some' 3 next season...didn't take a genius 2 figure that out. He will no doubt be comming off the bench and Zeke will put him @ all frontcourt positions. Best believe if Rashard Lewis is on the floor @ the 3 Lee will not be guarding him. Lee will avg. 13ppg and 13rebs.

I 4got 2 mention....With Curry ZBo and Lee look 4 Curry 2 be aggressive on D...Now that we some depth @ the bigman positions....He shouldn't be worrying about foul trouble 2 much w/ ZBo as another offensive option in the paint. This SHOULD result with Curry blocking more shots (I HOPE)

Curry just has to have that mentality. He doesn't have that yet. When will he get it...nobody knows but he needs to get it soon. Somebody with quick feet for a man that size is rare, he needs to put that to use on the defensive side of the ball as well as using it more on the offensive end. This will limit his offensive fouls (other than the flops) and increase his blocks especially from the help side.

We shouldn't expect Lee to play many minutes at 3 next season since we already have Q, Balkman, Chandler and Nicols... I think this is more of a backup option incase Q isn't healthy and Chandler and Nichols aren't ready for next season... I was hoping Lee would have talked about stepping up his defense too... but there's always next offseason... realisticly... We can prolly expect Lee's major minutes to be at 4 and 5... otherwise... I don't see how a 5 SF rotation can work for 48 minutes a game... I would rather see balkman develop...

yeah, that's nice he's developing his offensive game, but that's not even the problem. put him out there at the 3, and he won't have to touch the ball. zbo, curry, steph, and whoever's playin 2 will take care of that. the problem with Lee at the 3 is that he's not quick enough to guard the 3s of the L. just in our division he would have to match up with: Paul Pierce, Richard Jefferson, and AI2. Do you really think he can stick with any of these guys?

and for the record i'm a huge d-lee mark. I was losin my mind during the rookie game.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Lee is our best PF. **** Randolph.
    i think i'm going to co-sign this

I think Randolph will be the starter when the season starts and will keep it if he keeps his head on straight and plays like he is suppose to.If he does'nt live up to all the hype then Thomas will bench him before you know it and lee will be starting.I like Balkman but I still am not sold on him yet but I like how he played in his rookie season.He reminds me alot of Marcus Camby with more energy.If he keeps playing like he did last year then he will be a good player for the Knicks.

If Randolph does'nt play good then you have to give Lee the starting spot b/c of what he did last year.I hate to say it but I to figure he will lose alot of minutes b/c of the Randolph trade.Just think if he loses all those minutes then Balkman will play even less and imo this could hurt Balkman's play even more b/c he needs all the playing time he can get b/c like alot on here has said he is just now learning how to play in the NBA.

It definitely depends on the court matchups. I dont think we can expect Lee to guard SFs like Tayshaun Prince, Richard Jefferson, Paul Pierce, Caron Butler, Luol Deng, or other quicker small forwards. It would create mismatches and a lack of outside shooters for the knicks ( you cant just totally improve your jumpshot in one offseason, not the like the guy hasnt practices shots the rest of his life).

Its more likely to imagine scenarios where Randolph moves to the 5 when Curry is out of the game, leaving the 4 spot for Lee. Then, the conventional sub for Randolph at the 4. If Curry and Randolph average 30-35min a game, that can leave Lee with around the same 30-35min a game as well.

Therefore, i dont see malik rose getting any time and hopefully his contract can be packaged with someone else to get Artest. Randolph Morris and Jerome James will serve as the garbage time men at the 5.

there are two things that will stop David Lee from time at the three. Renaldo Balkman and Quentin Richardson. They are both far ahead of David Lee Defensively. They are also quicker and far more athletic. With reports of Q looking good during the first summer league game, and Balkman's defensive domination, Lee will struggle to find time at the 3. My opinion.

imo, i would play lee @ the 3... i dont know why the hell q-rich is so determined to start this season. he missed more games than he played last season. his back problems definatly will hinder his ability to play 30+ mins.. i would keep a younger and healthier crawford @ the sg spot and have q come of the bench. plus i think with the chemistry crawford and curry have they should be starting together and have that chemistry grow even more. with that being said that would leave us with a serious line-up of...

pg- marbury
    sg- crawford
    sf- lee
    pf- randolph
    c- curry

Originally Posted by donchris
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Check out this youtube video. Lee is working on his jump shot and ball handling. He looks like he bulked up. I like Lee as back up for Randolph but he could start at the 3. We could bench Crawford and move Richardson to the two spot. Sounds like a nice line up with Raldolph and Lee starting.
    I like the idea on paper but not sure if it would be a great fit to start Curry Randolph and Lee together. Having Q and Crawford start together would give our low post guys more space to work.

Although Lee has probably improved the range on his jumper, guys will still stray away from him and help out on Curry or Randolph. Having Q and Crawford in there you almost dare defenders to take that chance and leave them open.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by sxmarbury516
    imo, i would play lee @ the 3... i dont know why the hell q-rich is so determined to start this season. he missed more games than he played last season. his back problems definatly will hinder his ability to play 30+ mins.. i would keep a younger and healthier crawford @ the sg spot and have q come of the bench. plus i think with the chemistry crawford and curry have they should be starting together and have that chemistry grow even more. with that being said that would leave us with a serious line-up of...

pg- marbury
    sg- crawford
    sf- lee
    pf- randolph
    c- curry
    Defense motha****a, do you speak it?