Lee will play the 3

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23aeUJ5TeFk

Check out this youtube video. Lee is working on his jump shot and ball handling. He looks like he bulked up. I like Lee as back up for Randolph but he could start at the 3. We could bench Crawford and move Richardson to the two spot. Sounds like a nice line up with Raldolph and Lee starting.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I think Lee willl be a beast this year. His jump shot and his handle will be the exact thing what we need. He is our best rebounder and he will definately be having more minutes thins year.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Of course he's gonna play 'some' 3 next season...didn't take a genius 2 figure that out. He will no doubt be comming off the bench and Zeke will put him @ all frontcourt positions. Best believe if Rashard Lewis is on the floor @ the 3 Lee will not be guarding him. Lee will avg. 13ppg and 13rebs.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I 4got 2 mention....With Curry ZBo and Lee look 4 Curry 2 be aggressive on D...Now that we some depth @ the bigman positions....He shouldn't be worrying about foul trouble 2 much w/ ZBo as another offensive option in the paint. This SHOULD result with Curry blocking more shots (I HOPE)

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Curry just has to have that mentality. He doesn't have that yet. When will he get it...nobody knows but he needs to get it soon. Somebody with quick feet for a man that size is rare, he needs to put that to use on the defensive side of the ball as well as using it more on the offensive end. This will limit his offensive fouls (other than the flops) and increase his blocks especially from the help side.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
We shouldn't expect Lee to play many minutes at 3 next season since we already have Q, Balkman, Chandler and Nicols... I think this is more of a backup option incase Q isn't healthy and Chandler and Nichols aren't ready for next season... I was hoping Lee would have talked about stepping up his defense too... but there's always next offseason... realisticly... We can prolly expect Lee's major minutes to be at 4 and 5... otherwise... I don't see how a 5 SF rotation can work for 48 minutes a game... I would rather see balkman develop...

yeah, that's nice he's developing his offensive game, but that's not even the problem. put him out there at the 3, and he won't have to touch the ball. zbo, curry, steph, and whoever's playin 2 will take care of that. the problem with Lee at the 3 is that he's not quick enough to guard the 3s of the L. just in our division he would have to match up with: Paul Pierce, Richard Jefferson, and AI2. Do you really think he can stick with any of these guys?

and for the record i'm a huge d-lee mark. I was losin my mind during the rookie game.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I think Randolph will be the starter when the season starts and will keep it if he keeps his head on straight and plays like he is suppose to.If he does'nt live up to all the hype then Thomas will bench him before you know it and lee will be starting.I like Balkman but I still am not sold on him yet but I like how he played in his rookie season.He reminds me alot of Marcus Camby with more energy.If he keeps playing like he did last year then he will be a good player for the Knicks.

If Randolph does'nt play good then you have to give Lee the starting spot b/c of what he did last year.I hate to say it but I to figure he will lose alot of minutes b/c of the Randolph trade.Just think if he loses all those minutes then Balkman will play even less and imo this could hurt Balkman's play even more b/c he needs all the playing time he can get b/c like alot on here has said he is just now learning how to play in the NBA.

It definitely depends on the court matchups. I dont think we can expect Lee to guard SFs like Tayshaun Prince, Richard Jefferson, Paul Pierce, Caron Butler, Luol Deng, or other quicker small forwards. It would create mismatches and a lack of outside shooters for the knicks ( you cant just totally improve your jumpshot in one offseason, not the like the guy hasnt practices shots the rest of his life).

Its more likely to imagine scenarios where Randolph moves to the 5 when Curry is out of the game, leaving the 4 spot for Lee. Then, the conventional sub for Randolph at the 4. If Curry and Randolph average 30-35min a game, that can leave Lee with around the same 30-35min a game as well.

Therefore, i dont see malik rose getting any time and hopefully his contract can be packaged with someone else to get Artest. Randolph Morris and Jerome James will serve as the garbage time men at the 5.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
there are two things that will stop David Lee from time at the three. Renaldo Balkman and Quentin Richardson. They are both far ahead of David Lee Defensively. They are also quicker and far more athletic. With reports of Q looking good during the first summer league game, and Balkman's defensive domination, Lee will struggle to find time at the 3. My opinion.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
imo, i would play lee @ the 3... i dont know why the hell q-rich is so determined to start this season. he missed more games than he played last season. his back problems definatly will hinder his ability to play 30+ mins.. i would keep a younger and healthier crawford @ the sg spot and have q come of the bench. plus i think with the chemistry crawford and curry have they should be starting together and have that chemistry grow even more. with that being said that would leave us with a serious line-up of...

pg- marbury
sg- crawford
sf- lee
pf- randolph
c- curry

nyk_nyk

All Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23aeUJ5TeFk

Check out this youtube video. Lee is working on his jump shot and ball handling. He looks like he bulked up. I like Lee as back up for Randolph but he could start at the 3. We could bench Crawford and move Richardson to the two spot. Sounds like a nice line up with Raldolph and Lee starting.
I like the idea on paper but not sure if it would be a great fit to start Curry Randolph and Lee together. Having Q and Crawford start together would give our low post guys more space to work.

Although Lee has probably improved the range on his jumper, guys will still stray away from him and help out on Curry or Randolph. Having Q and Crawford in there you almost dare defenders to take that chance and leave them open.

metrocard

Legend
imo, i would play lee @ the 3... i dont know why the hell q-rich is so determined to start this season. he missed more games than he played last season. his back problems definatly will hinder his ability to play 30+ mins.. i would keep a younger and healthier crawford @ the sg spot and have q come of the bench. plus i think with the chemistry crawford and curry have they should be starting together and have that chemistry grow even more. with that being said that would leave us with a serious line-up of...

pg- marbury
sg- crawford
sf- lee
pf- randolph
c- curry

Defense mothafucka, do you speak it?

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
Defense mothafucka, do you speak it?

1. so whats ur brilliant idea spigga, start q-rich @ the 2?

yea this way our best 3 point shooter will be out for the season by december-january (no later) for rushin himself BACK into the starting 5. i dont care what he says he shouldnt be playing more then 25 mins. we have too many players that can play the 2 or 3 and theres no reason to risk q's health. and was it just me or did anyone else think @ times that jamal's outside shot was lookin better than q-rich's. i know jamal had some awful shot selection but in adding zach to the squad i think it will limit crawford from launchin up as many bad shots as he did last season. i agree jamal hardly played defense last season. im sure he knows he needs to step it up. but lets put it this way half the haterz on this site were sayin stephon doesnt know how to play defense. i think he proved them wrong last year by being one of the best defenders we had. bottom line is isiah has said our team is being built around curry. no player on this team makes curry shine more than jamal crawford. for that reason alone i think he needs to be on the court from the opening tip. crawford should be playing about 30+ mins a game.

2. and what would you do put balkman at the sf position?

im not even against that, im really not. i just think lee showed so much improvement last season that he deserves to be starting over him. lee started @ the 3 every game during our last 6 game winning streak (which was many moons ago) so when u guys say he's too slow to play that position i dont think u know what the hell ur talkin about. both players play with the same intensity, hustle.. both players rebound the ball like monsters. either way u look @ it, either balkman and randolph or lee and randolph will own the glass on both ends of the floor. no one on our bench last season brought more energy onto the court than b-man and thats why i would keep it that way. marbury and lee seem to have a great chemistry jus like jamal and eddy. i named those 5 players because i think they are the best 5 players we have. they need to learn how to co-exist and each of them needs to learn their role. its not like we dont have a great defender at dam near each position that could backup the starters if their d is lackin...

pg- collins
sg- q-rich / jones
sf- balkman / chandler
pf- jeffries
c- morris

and even tho nate doesnt play defense he was still one of our most energetic players coming off the bench.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

in case you dont remember how isiah coached, size didnt mean jackshit 2 him. he would put 4 guards on the court with renaldo balkman without thinking twice. so i dont think anything is written in stone. this is jus my opinion. and metro try n show a lil respect b4 ur mother is the next one i f*ck

metrocard

Legend
Don't cry vanilla face, I wasn't trying to diss you, why are you so sensitive for? It wasn't really called for you to call me a spigga. For people in this forum who don't know what a spigga is; spic+nigga = spigga. This is coming from a white boy too, he's going to throw some racist remarks at me now? I just asked if you knew what defense meant. I'm not going to retaliate, cause I can say some really hurtful thins to you that will make you lose sleep. The mods should atleast warn you to fall back on the racist remarks. I'm cool with insults, but keep the racist shit in your family. Lets discuss basketball.

Firstly, I disagreed with your rotation because we were already a bad defensive team last year, and it seems like to me you had no idea about that. If you did, you wouldn't have that line up. Lee can't guard 3's, and Lee works best in the paint. I don't want to see Lee playing with Randolph and Curry at the same time, he'll affect his game and force him out of the perimeter. The perimeter isn't Lee's game.

Its just you. Q-Rich is a better shooter than Crawford. Shot selection is part of shooting.

We don't need Crawford, we have Curry, Randolph, and Marbury. We're good with scoring.

Balkman is a better 3 than Lee. Lee is a better 4 than Balkman. Educate yourself about match-ups.

I remember how Isiah coached, it lead to us 33 wins, most of them were close games, and most of the losses? Close games we couldn't close out. We're a talented team, I just hope Isiah emphasizes defense this season, cause that will be the key to our success, comprende?

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
Lee is not a 3, doesn't have the footspeed to defend high level wing players. I think certain nights you can get away with giving him some minutes at the 3 but you deffinately can't start him. Also i believe he's work on his jumpshot but until i see it i can't slot him in as my starting 3. I still think he should see good minutes but he just isn't suited to play next to Curry and Randolph at the same time. With Channing gone Lee is slotted in at the 4. Not to mention every now and then IT tries to throw a small lineup on the court so he can steal a few minutes at the 5.

Marbury
Q- Starts over Crawford because hes the best spot up shooter we have.
Jefferies/ Balkmans the better player but i love him off the bench.
Randolph
Curry

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I read the posts and oh my GOD! I'm about to have Metro's back!

sxmarbury516: Keep that Arkansas deep backwater bullshit dead here. You wouldn't call J-Lo a sp#####. So why do you feel the need to say that ingnorant shit to Metro? He has an opinion. You don't like it? Turn the fucking page! Most people here do. You don't have to spit vitriolic racist shit like some cousin fucking yokel from dirtbag, alabamee. Grow up, I know it can be a challenge, but get with it.

Lee will did get torched in these situations last year @ the 3 versus Philly he couldn't keep AI2 (Iguodala) in front of him and kept getting killed. Gerald Wallace gave him the business last year, good thing he came back to tip the ball for the win. He couldn't keep up with smaller quicker guys in college. So now he's gonna magically do it in the pros? And why would most people want Lee and the perimeter anyways? At the 4 spot he can rebound the ball more effectively. That's his game.