Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee will play the 3

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Defense motha****a, do you speak it?
    lol...

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Defense motha****a, do you speak it?
    1. so whats ur brilliant idea spigga, start q-rich @ the 2?

yea this way our best 3 point shooter will be out for the season by december-january (no later) for rushin himself BACK into the starting 5. i dont care what he says he shouldnt be playing more then 25 mins. we have too many players that can play the 2 or 3 and theres no reason to risk q's health. and was it just me or did anyone else think @ times that jamal's outside shot was lookin better than q-rich's. i know jamal had some awful shot selection but in adding zach to the squad i think it will limit crawford from launchin up as many bad shots as he did last season. i agree jamal hardly played defense last season. im sure he knows he needs to step it up. but lets put it this way half the haterz on this site were sayin stephon doesnt know how to play defense. i think he proved them wrong last year by being one of the best defenders we had. bottom line is isiah has said our team is being built around curry. no player on this team makes curry shine more than jamal crawford. for that reason alone i think he needs to be on the court from the opening tip. crawford should be playing about 30+ mins a game.

2. and what would you do put balkman at the sf position?

im not even against that, im really not. i just think lee showed so much improvement last season that he deserves to be starting over him. lee started @ the 3 every game during our last 6 game winning streak (which was many moons ago) so when u guys say he's too slow to play that position i dont think u know what the hell ur talkin about. both players play with the same intensity, hustle.. both players rebound the ball like monsters. either way u look @ it, either balkman and randolph or lee and randolph will own the glass on both ends of the floor. no one on our bench last season brought more energy onto the court than b-man and thats why i would keep it that way. marbury and lee seem to have a great chemistry jus like jamal and eddy. i named those 5 players because i think they are the best 5 players we have. they need to learn how to co-exist and each of them needs to learn their role. its not like we dont have a great defender at dam near each position that could backup the starters if their d is lackin...

pg- collins
    sg- q-rich / jones
    sf- balkman / chandler
    pf- jeffries
    c- morris

and even tho nate doesnt play defense he was still one of our most energetic players coming off the bench.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

in case you dont remember how isiah coached, size didnt mean jack**** 2 him. he would put 4 guards on the court with renaldo balkman without thinking twice. so i dont think anything is written in stone. this is jus my opinion. and metro try n show a lil respect b4 ur mother is the next one i f*ck

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Don't cry vanilla face, I wasn't trying to diss you, why are you so sensitive for? It wasn't really called for you to call me a spigga. For people in this forum who don't know what a spigga is; spic+***** = spigga. This is coming from a white boy too, he's going to throw some racist remarks at me now? I just asked if you knew what defense meant. I'm not going to retaliate, cause I can say some really hurtful thins to you that will make you lose sleep. The mods should atleast warn you to fall back on the racist remarks. I'm cool with insults, but keep the racist **** in your family. Lets discuss basketball.

Firstly, I disagreed with your rotation because we were already a bad defensive team last year, and it seems like to me you had no idea about that. If you did, you wouldn't have that line up. Lee can't guard 3's, and Lee works best in the paint. I don't want to see Lee playing with Randolph and Curry at the same time, he'll affect his game and force him out of the perimeter. The perimeter isn't Lee's game.

Its just you. Q-Rich is a better shooter than Crawford. Shot selection is part of shooting.

We don't need Crawford, we have Curry, Randolph, and Marbury. We're good with scoring.

Balkman is a better 3 than Lee. Lee is a better 4 than Balkman. Educate yourself about match-ups.

I remember how Isiah coached, it lead to us 33 wins, most of them were close games, and most of the losses? Close games we couldn't close out. We're a talented team, I just hope Isiah emphasizes defense this season, cause that will be the key to our success, comprende?
    Last edited by metrocard; Jul 11, 2007 at 23:12.

Lee is not a 3, doesn't have the footspeed to defend high level wing players. I think certain nights you can get away with giving him some minutes at the 3 but you deffinately can't start him. Also i believe he's work on his jumpshot but until i see it i can't slot him in as my starting 3. I still think he should see good minutes but he just isn't suited to play next to Curry and Randolph at the same time. With Channing gone Lee is slotted in at the 4. Not to mention every now and then IT tries to throw a small lineup on the court so he can steal a few minutes at the 5.

Marbury
    Q- Starts over Crawford because hes the best spot up shooter we have.
    Jefferies/ Balkmans the better player but i love him off the bench.
    Randolph
    Curry

I read the posts and oh my GOD! I'm about to have Metro's back!

sxmarbury516: Keep that Arkansas deep backwater bull**** dead here. You wouldn't call J-Lo a sp#####. So why do you feel the need to say that ingnorant **** to Metro? He has an opinion. You don't like it? Turn the ****ing page! Most people here do. You don't have to spit vitriolic racist **** like some cousin ****ing yokel from dirtbag, alabamee. Grow up, I know it can be a challenge, but get with it.

Lee will did get torched in these situations last year @ the 3 versus Philly he couldn't keep AI2 (Iguodala) in front of him and kept getting killed. Gerald Wallace gave him the business last year, good thing he came back to tip the ball for the win. He couldn't keep up with smaller quicker guys in college. So now he's gonna magically do it in the pros? And why would most people want Lee and the perimeter anyways? At the 4 spot he can rebound the ball more effectively. That's his game.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

You've got to admit when Carpy and I are taking Metros back there is hope for the world. Now somebody sing 'We Are The World' and we'll be all set.

Ok so Lee isn't as quick as some of the smaller faster small forwards but he can play the position. It's not like there are a great deal of elite small forwards in the east. Just imagine what Lee can do with the small defenders on the offensive end. I've always liked Lee and Frye as back up bench players but I think there may be an option for Lee to play the 3. If not starting then definitely in the 2nd quarter.

if i offended anybody then my apoligies. im not tryin to get into a whole racial issue again. im far from racist, in fact in about 3 months imma be having a half spanish baby. so it wasnt even like that. metro didnt even seem to get offended so lets leave it be.

now back to david lee. i think we can all agree if isiah doesnt ship out randolph by the start of the season u can expect him to be playing 30+ mpg. now if all of u are as persistant about lee playing strictly the PF position then what does that mean? that leaves david lee approx less than 20 mpg. now if thats not a waste of talent then i dont know what is. one way or another these 2 will need to learn to co-exist. d-lee is not just effective down low. he and balkman are also very good @ penetrating into the lane and finding another big man or just an open man in general. and if he seriously did improve him jumpshot then i think he brings more to the table as a starter then jeffries or balkman.

Damn!
    Yo everybody be getting worked up this forum man!!! damn...
    everybody need to take a chill pill and relax...
    Why can't we all just get along! lol

Anyway seriously - please users lose the racial undertones, and overly excessive cussin'....I really don't want to have to hit people up with infractions and possible bans.....but if anyone continues about it after my post....i'll be forced to.

Originally Posted by donchris
    You've got to admit when Carpy and I are taking Metros back there is hope for the world. Now somebody sing 'We Are The World' and we'll be all set.
    +1 lol
    Where's Michael when u need him!!

Originally Posted by sxmarbury516
    if i offended anybody then my apoligies. im not tryin to get into a whole racial issue again. im far from racist, in fact in about 3 months imma be having a half spanish baby. so it wasnt even like that. metro didnt even seem to get offended so lets leave it be.

now back to david lee. i think we can all agree if isiah doesnt ship out randolph by the start of the season u can expect him to be playing 30+ mpg. now if all of u are as persistant about lee playing strictly the PF position then what does that mean? that leaves david lee approx less than 20 mpg. now if thats not a waste of talent then i dont know what is. one way or another these 2 will need to learn to co-exist. d-lee is not just effective down low. he and balkman are also very good @ penetrating into the lane and finding another big man or just an open man in general. and if he seriously did improve him jumpshot then i think he brings more to the table as a starter then jeffries or balkman.
    Randolph will not be traded and despite your opinion, Lee will get a lil more than 20 minutes a game. Since Thomas is not that high on Jerome "wack ass" James this leaves Randolph to move to the 5 spot when Curry gets into foul trouble or just needs a powerbar.

I don't expect Morris to get much minutes at the 5 unless he performs like crazy in training camp. Lee will ultimately get minutes at the 3 and 4 spots. I don't expect Randolph's 35 min/gm to change much, but I also don't think Isaiah will risk losinig Q to injury by having him play many minutes either.

Also, the backup sg position isn't set in stone so Q can even get some time there and that would allow more minutes at the 3 for Lee.

Damn Isaiah, must be hard trying to manage all this talent.

Default Lee and racist?

I find it interesting that you dont want to get into a whole racial issue "again". Congrats on the kid. What part of Spain is your baby's mom from? Catalan? Madrid?

As for Lee, he is not able to keep up with the smaller, quicker 3's. Im not talking about stars like Pierce, I just mean quick guys who could play some SG if they needed to. Those guys. On nights when Lee can't make the other team pay for putting a smaller guy on him, he wont play as much at the 3. His minutes should fluctuate between about 22 minutes to a little over 30. And thats fine. The Knicks are in an enviable position right now, they have a pretty deep squad. A good amount of athletic, talented players who have different strengths. I was a little disappointed in Jeffries' defense, so we'll see how her plays this year.

Balkman will get his minutes against those smaller, quicker 3's for his rebounding, hustle, defense and decent ball handling. But it wont be consistent. There are too many guys that can play and not enough stars on the team. Isiah will have to reward guys who are making an impact on the court or who win minutes in practice. This might make guys compete more in practice which is a good thing. Get them hungry and they'll play some "D" and hustle.

If Isiah plays this right, he'll be able to consistently match up with or create mismatches with the team on a nightly basis. This should be a fun season.

oh yeah, Jamal should start if only because of his chemistry with Curry. Wouldn't you want Curry getting off to a hot start and putting opposing teams on their heels?

You say a racist term...you have a racist's thought of mind deep within your head tissues...just diss'em, when you have to go racist on somebody that means you're weak especially when you say it over a forum...weak. Say it to the dude's face and see what happens

But yea JC and Curry needs to start together and I'm pretty sure they are going to start together. Curry needs to be aggressive early to make the defense respect his ability...otherwise they'll sag on him knowing he'll only take 1 or 2 dribbles and force him into a TO machine. Also marbury needs to be a slight bit more aggressive. No team in this league can stop both marbury and curry...it's just not possible...

Curry and Randolph will get about 35 minutes each.

When Curry is out, Randolph will move to center and Lee will play the 4.

When Randolph is out, Lee will play the 4.

Assuming that Curry and Randolph are rarely out at the same time, that leaves 26 minutes a night for Lee. He will get some minutes at the 3 here or there when the matchup is correct, but QRich and Balkman are going to get most of the time at the 3.

There is no chance at all that Randolph will be benched in favor of Lee and it is very unlikely that Randolph will be part of some other trade yet to come.

If QRich's back holds up, we are in decent shape at the 3 given that Chandler is also looking pretty good in the summr league.

I think we also have to hope that Steph's legs hold up. He was in pretty bad shape at the end of the season and is getting older, not younger. If he gets hurt (likely at some point during the season), I am hoping Mardy Collins can take the PG spot. He looked great at year end. I think it's time to move Nate while his marketability is still high. He's not a natural PG and his size is a problem too. He's just a great athlete.

We have to get rid of 2 players. I vote for Nate and either James or Jeffries depending on how QRich's back is holding up.

Veteran

I want David Lee to be a STARTER just as much as the next guy.
    However, listening to Q.Richardson comments during the Knicks first Summer League game vs the Sonics where Balkman shut down Durant and took control over the game (MVP of the Rookie vs Sophmore game this upcomming season) for a sure Knick WIN.

I know longer want David Lee in the Starting lineup at any of the three Frontcourt position he can play at well.
    I want Lee, Balkman, and Nate to be the first three players off of the bench (they have better "jellin-chemistry" together than any other three Knicks).
    Plus Q.Richardson Leadership on the court is needed badly with Knick STARTERS Marbury, Crawford, Zack, and Curry.