A star is on the rise

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
His upside is ridiculous! Just watching him dominate Kevin Durant and Yi Jianlian. The thing is that people are still surprised he's this good. Sure, he was an unknown quantity before he was drafted, but his hustle, heart, and stellar defense is definetly ready to handle the responsibilty of an increased role with the Knicks.

GetRealistic

Starter
Dude could you really stop with the links. Side note without the permission of those newspapers its illegal to post there whole article. Your only allowed to show around 100 characters then you must link it to the source.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
what i really like about balkman is that as soon as his teammates launch a shot... he puts himself in position to grab the offensive board... thereby creating more possessions and scoring opportunities... it also looks like he seriously worked on that handle and offensive awareness... and his man defense is ridiculous...

metrocard

Legend
what i really like about balkman is that as soon as his teammates launch a shot... he puts himself in position to grab the offensive board... thereby creating more possessions and scoring opportunities... it also looks like he seriously worked on that handle and offensive awareness... and his man defense is ridiculous...

Ding ding ding.

I agree with everyone here about Balkman, except the people who think Lee is a better 3 than Balkman. Another thing is his ability to rebound and run the court. I hope we see more fast breaks. Marbury should push the ball as much as possible, cause Balkman is always beating his man offensively or defensively, he's too wild to contain.

yeah Renaldo and Lee are the ideal bench players for any team, they are going to keep the momentum going if the Knicks build a lead on a team, and they are going to keep the Knicks in games w/ their hustle and heart. I just wish we had either one of them, or another player like them starting for us, I think Q is not as intense compettetior as Lee and Balkman, but he shows hustle on both sides of the ball like them, but we need atleast one more starting. Looks at both teams in the Finals, Cleavlend is Lebron and a bunch of role players, The Spurs are Duncan, Parker, and role players. But back to Reanldo, he may never be an All Star for the Knicks ( neither was Mason,Camby, and Harper, all of them All Stars either before or after they were in New York) but he is a key role player, and he has the type of game opposing coaches can't draw up a strategy against, because it's all hustle.

Also can someone tell me what it means by rep power next to each of our names.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
yeah Renaldo and Lee are the ideal bench players for any team, they are going to keep the momentum going if the Knicks build a lead on a team, and they are going to keep the Knicks in games w/ their hustle and heart. I just wish we had either one of them, or another player like them starting for us, I think Q is not as intense compettetior as Lee and Balkman, but he shows hustle on both sides of the ball like them, but we need atleast one more starting. Looks at both teams in the Finals, Cleavlend is Lebron and a bunch of role players, The Spurs are Duncan, Parker, and role players. But back to Reanldo, he may never be an All Star for the Knicks ( neither was Mason,Camby, and Harper, all of them All Stars either before or after they were in New York) but he is a key role player, and he has the type of game opposing coaches can't draw up a strategy against, because it's all hustle.

Also can someone tell me what it means by rep power next to each of our names.

go to the site feedback board and it will tell you about the rep points.

GetRealistic

Starter
I admit that when they announced Balkman as our draft pick last year i nearly took all my Knicks gear and set it on fire, but this kid continues to amaze and improve. He's got the length and motor to be a Scottie Pippen type defensive stopper. Not to mention the fact he has the work ethic and the heart of the early 90's Knicks. I've only seen parts of the summer league games but he's been tremendous on defensive and he runs the lane as good as any wing player in the league. Give him another year and about 10 more pounds of muscle and you could be talking about a legit all-star. Just think of how guys like Ben Wallace and Bruce Bowen can change the game with hustle, defense, and rebounding.... This is exactly what we're going to get from balkman.

With Renaldo and David Lee coming back healthy thiss year, our bench will be crazy. 2 guys who should be the future of the knicks. Both are the definition of hustle. They're both young too, so flaws, if any, in their games can most likely be worked out before long.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
for real though... at worse... Balkman could be JYD (one of my favorite players)... at best... he could be the Worm with dreads... he even kinda dribbles like him...

Kiyaman

Legend
Ding ding ding.

I agree with everyone here about Balkman, except the people who think Lee is a better 3 than Balkman. Another thing is his ability to rebound and run the court. I hope we see more fast breaks. Marbury should push the ball as much as possible, cause Balkman is always beating his man offensively or defensively, he's too wild to contain.

I could actually say that Balkman & Lee play the SF position evenly (the same), somewhat like Chandler & Nichols play the SF evenly.
Remember who was getting plenty of playingtime alongside of Curry last season when Curry had 9 straight double-doubles (Lee & Balkman).

Marbury never push the ball that is why K-Mart, KVH, Kittles, Marion, Joe Johnson, and Amare wanted him off the team. Marbury is strictly a Halfcourt offensive PG.

Lets be honest with ourselves!
Marbury cant push and Crawford cant pass equals a 23 and 33 WIN Season.
Marbury is not the PG that you want on the court at the same time with Frye, Lee, Balkman, Q.Rich, or any of the Knicks 3 rookies.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Steph's teammates (outside Van Horn) never wanted him traded... management always did...

Remember the slam cover where Amare, Marion and Steph were rocking the orange Pho unis and they were praising him for being the team leader and helping guys develop?