Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 110

Thread: Steph marbury..what ranking does he deserve on top PG list

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Steph marbury..what ranking does he deserve on top PG list

    This is my ranking of top 10 point guards..post yours and say if u agree with me

    1. steve nash
    2. jason kidd
    3. deron williams
    4. tony parker.
    5. chauncey billups
    6. Baron davis
    7. stephon marbury
    8. chris paul
    9. kurt hinrich
    10. gilbert arenas (#10 ONLY because i consider him as a sg and not a true point..62..50..60 point games..doesnt sound like a true pg to me..

  2. #2
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The most productive PG's are

    1. Kidd(All around)
    2. Nash(Most valuable)
    3. Arenas(Best scoring)

    These two guys are the future of the PG position in the NBA, they're both at the same level. Paul is underrated. Hornets were banged up, but like I said before, injuries are part of the game
    4. Paul
    5. Williams

    These two guys are some of the most productive/talented offensive PG's you can find in the NBA, both has similar styles, both strong PG's that can pass and score.
    6. Marbury
    7. Davis

    These are winning PG's who had their sucess in the playoffs.
    8. Parker(playing with Duncan helps, Parker is still a great PG)
    9. Billups

    He's overrated a big, solid defender.
    10. Hinrich

  3. #3
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    My rankings.


    Nash

    Deron Williams -basically because of his great playoff run and Kidd getting slightly older

    Kidd

    Tony Parker -Duncan helps but since he got that midrange game he's been top notch)

    Agent 0 - not a true PG but can't knock a guy who can drop 50

    Chris Paul

    Billups- Been to the finals twice and was a finals MVP

    Baron Davis- Amazing when healthy

    Andre Miller- I know i'm going to catch hell for putting him over Marbury but Miller is the definition of the word point guard. Just look at how he made Phila halfway decent after the Iverson trade.

    Marbury- As much as i hate him he has amazing talent levels

    Raymond Felton- He'll be good

  4. #4
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by dialdayo
    This is my ranking of top 10 point guards..post yours and say if u agree with me

    1. steve nash
    2. jason kidd
    3. deron williams
    4. tony parker.
    5. chauncey billups
    6. Baron davis
    7. stephon marbury
    8. chris paul
    9. kurt hinrich
    10. gilbert arenas (#10 ONLY because i consider him as a sg and not a true point..62..50..60 point games..doesnt sound like a true pg to me..
    As of right now-pretty accurate. Just switch the 3 and 4 spots,and the 6 and 8 spots-you put stephh right where he should be.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I think the best PG in the League is Jason Kidd. If Steve Nash could defend, he'd be Jason Kidd. However the NBA never made him an MVP, when clearly in 2001 he was. Deron Williams could potentially be the next Jason Kidd. He makes the game ridiculously easy for his teammates. My rankings:

    1. Jason Kidd
    2. Tony Parker
    3. Steve Nash
    4. Chauncey Billups
    5. Baron Davis
    6. Chris Paul
    7. Stephon Marbury
    8. Andre Miller
    9. Gilbert Arenas
    10. Kirk Hinrich

  6. #6
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    tony parker is marbury's son, remember dat

  7. #7
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    I think the best PG in the League is Jason Kidd. If Steve Nash could defend, he'd be Jason Kidd. However the NBA never made him an MVP, when clearly in 2001 he was. Deron Williams could potentially be the next Jason Kidd. He makes the game ridiculously easy for his teammates. My rankings:

    1. Jason Kidd
    2. Tony Parker
    3. Steve Nash
    4. Chauncey Billups
    5. Baron Davis
    6. Chris Paul
    7. Stephon Marbury
    8. Andre Miller
    9. Gilbert Arenas
    10. Kirk Hinrich
    I think you've got all the right guys in your top ten although my order is a bit different.

    1. Nash
    2. Parker
    3. Bilups
    4. Kid
    5. Davis
    6. Marbury
    7. Paul
    8. Arenas
    9. Miller
    10. Hinrich

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NY 'til I Die
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    The most productive PG's are

    1. Kidd(All around)
    2. Nash(Most valuable)
    3. Arenas(Best scoring)

    These two guys are the future of the PG position in the NBA, they're both at the same level. Paul is underrated. Hornets were banged up, but like I said before, injuries are part of the game
    4. Paul
    5. Williams

    These two guys are some of the most productive/talented offensive PG's you can find in the NBA, both has similar styles, both strong PG's that can pass and score.
    6. Marbury
    7. Davis

    These are winning PG's who had their sucess in the playoffs.
    8. Parker(playing with Duncan helps, Parker is still a great PG)
    9. Billups

    He's overrated a big, solid defender.
    10. Hinrich
    i agree 100%

  9. #9
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by dialdayo
    This is my ranking of top 10 point guards..post yours and say if u agree with me

    1. steve nash
    2. jason kidd
    3. deron williams
    4. tony parker.
    5. chauncey billups
    6. Baron davis
    7. stephon marbury
    8. chris paul
    9. kurt hinrich
    10. gilbert arenas (#10 ONLY because i consider him as a sg and not a true point..62..50..60 point games..doesnt sound like a true pg to me..
    Here is my list that was very carefully put together. I made some changes at the last minute. [#]

    1. Steve Nash - How can you argue over this 2-time mvp. (Should have won this year too!)

    2. Jason Kidd - Still good for a triple double on any night.

    [4]. Baron Davis - His strength and offensive explosiveness while dishing out 8 dimes/gm can't be compared to many.

    [5]. Deron Williams - In only his second season he showed why he is worthy to succeed Stockton in Utah.

    [3]. Chauncey Billups - Finals MVP and consitently good. Knows how to juggle being a playmaker and a scorer.

    6.Tony Parker - Same as above BUT Tony has only recently displayed the ability to knock down 3's and mid range jumpers at a good percentage.

    7. Stephon Marbury - Hasn't had much success in the playoffs, but with career numbers of 20 ppg and 8 ast you can't knock his talent.

    8. Chris Paul - Still a bit young, but If you want your club to perform as a team, you let this guy run the show.

    9. Jamal Tinsley - Underrated with exceptional PG skills.

    10. Gilbert Arenas - Why? Because he ain't no PG no matter what the roster says. Great talent, but not effective if he has to run a team. Butler and Jamison can create their own shots, so that works out good for Hibachi.

    Honorable mentions:

    Andre Miller
    Mike Bibby

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    YALLL are crazy,.. I understand parker has some rings but ****k!! so does John sally( as a matter of fact hes got a good 5 or 6 rings i believe) doesnt mean he was the greatest pf. Parker is talented but the top signifigant pg's are Jason Kidd,steve nash, because they obviously make or break a squad.. U take parker , iverson or arenas or any of those listed bums above off there team that team will more than likely have the same odds of achieving anything they planned on with they players.The prob with marbury is he is not surrounded by matured talent..this year i hope is a diff story,!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    1. Billups ( best all around point can shoot defend rebound and is clutch)
    2. Nash ( his weak D can't be overlooked)
    3. Kidd ( old age can't be overlooked)
    4. Parker ( 3 rings can't be overlooked)
    5. Williams ( Great playoff run can't be overlooked, but let's give him a full season, although I doubt he will disappoint, more than likely one of the top 2 in a season or two)
    6. Kirk Hinrich ( Solid D, Nice shot, great playmaker can't be overlooked, probably top 2 or 3 when Nash and Kidd hang it up)

    7. Baron Davis ( he and Steph are virtually the same player but we have to give the nod to Baron due to his team making the playoffs in the West w/ the same amount or maybe less talent than the Knicks)

    8. Steph ( showed that he can be a decent defender last year, doesn't need to score, but scored when his team needed him most, examples: the game at Dallas and the triple OT victory against Det.)

    9. Chris Paul ( injury last season causes him to drop in my opinion, but is young enough to bounce back and crack the top 5 again)

    10. Delonte West ( yeah I said Delonte West, very good defender, blocked the hell out if Curry twice, good playmaker, and can hit the shot, his team is loaded w/ PG's causing him to be overlooked, but on the right squad, he could shine.)

    Gilbert just plays point, no way he can be considered to be one in my book

    Honerable mention TJ Ford

  12. #12
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by infamouz585
    YALLL are crazy,.. I understand parker has some rings but ****k!! so does John sally( as a matter of fact hes got a good 5 or 6 rings i believe) doesnt mean he was the greatest pf. Parker is talented but the top signifigant pg's are Jason Kidd,steve nash, because they obviously make or break a squad.. U take parker , iverson or arenas or any of those listed bums above off there team that team will more than likely have the same odds of achieving anything they planned on with they players.The prob with marbury is he is not surrounded by matured talent..this year i hope is a diff story,!
    Wow, you must be smoking something with that statement. Parker is a BIG part of the success in SA. Sure Duncan is the key piece, but without Parker's quickness and outright scoring ability players like Finley, Bowen and Horry would have a harder time scoring. Having Tony on the court makes it harder to cheat on D because he gets to the paint with ease.

  13. #13
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    1. Billups ( best all around point can shoot defend rebound and is clutch)
    2. Nash ( his weak D can't be overlooked)
    3. Kidd ( old age can't be overlooked)
    4. Parker ( 3 rings can't be overlooked)
    5. Williams ( Great playoff run can't be overlooked, but let's give him a full season, although I doubt he will disappoint, more than likely one of the top 2 in a season or two)
    6. Kirk Hinrich ( Solid D, Nice shot, great playmaker can't be overlooked, probably top 2 or 3 when Nash and Kidd hang it up)

    7. Baron Davis ( he and Steph are virtually the same player but we have to give the nod to Baron due to his team making the playoffs in the West w/ the same amount or maybe less talent than the Knicks)

    8. Steph ( showed that he can be a decent defender last year, doesn't need to score, but scored when his team needed him most, examples: the game at Dallas and the triple OT victory against Det.)

    9. Chris Paul ( injury last season causes him to drop in my opinion, but is young enough to bounce back and crack the top 5 again)

    10. Delonte West ( yeah I said Delonte West, very good defender, blocked the hell out if Curry twice, good playmaker, and can hit the shot, his team is loaded w/ PG's causing him to be overlooked, but on the right squad, he could shine.)

    Gilbert just plays point, no way he can be considered to be one in my book

    Honerable mention TJ Ford
    Billups the best PG in the NBA... Never.

    OH and whats Kidds age got to do with his numbers this season. He is a triple double player, and you rank him below Billups!! .

    1.Steve Nash+
    2.Jason Kidd+
    3.Gilbert Arenas+
    4.Chris Paul+/-
    5.Deron Williams+
    6.Tony Parker+
    7.Chauncey Billups+/-
    8.Stephon Marbury+/-
    9.Kirk Hinrich+
    10.Baron Davis-
    11.Sam Cassell-
    12.Allen Iverson-
    13.Mike Bibby-
    14.Ray Felton+/-
    15.TJ Ford+/-

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Billups the best PG in the NBA... Never.

    OH and whats Kidds age got to do with his numbers this season. He is a triple double player, and you rank him below Billups!! .

    1.Steve Nash+
    2.Jason Kidd+
    3.Gilbert Arenas+
    4.Chris Paul+/-
    5.Deron Williams+
    6.Tony Parker+
    7.Chauncey Billups+/-
    8.Stephon Marbury+/-
    9.Kirk Hinrich+
    10.Baron Davis-
    11.Sam Cassell-
    12.Allen Iverson-
    13.Mike Bibby-
    14.Ray Felton+/-
    15.TJ Ford+/-
    I was in a hurry while making my list so I didn't give it the kind of thought I should've, and left off some of my favorite PG's like Bibby, Andre Miller and Tinsley peep the new list....
    1.Kidd
    2. Billups
    3. Nash
    4. Parker
    5. Williams
    6.Hinrich
    7. Baron Davis
    8. Mike Bibby
    9. Steph
    10.Chris Paul

    Honarable mention Gilbert Arenas( he's really a 2) Andre Miller, Delonte West, Jamal Tinsley, TJ Ford, and Jason Terry.

    What I shouldv'e said instead of Kidd's age was his injuries and that is why I initally had him second to Chauncy, but there probably hasn't been a triple double player like him since Magic, and I think no other player has ever made his teammates better that J. Kidd, I mean what has K-Mart, Kerry Kittles done since, and look how he rejuvenated V. Carter. I think Billups isn't as good a playmaker as Nash, but is far more superior on the Defense end ( think Eddy Curry to Dwight Howard).

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Top Ten?

    1) Steve Nash (Obvious; however, I do believe Jason Kidd could be better. I give the nod to Nash because he does play in the West and in a harder Conference. Also Nash just seems to do the best job at making people around him look good, which I believe is the number 1 job of a point guard. Nash is a better leader.)
    2) Jason Kidd (Obvious; see above. He is a better defender then Nash and a much better Rebounder.)
    3) Chauncey Billups (It is hard to ignore what he has done in the past, but this season he did not seem like the clutch player he usually is)
    4) Baron Davis (If he didn't get injured so much he would probably be in the top three. He makes some amazing shots, great passing, and is just plain lucky at times. He is also a very good leader.)
    5) Deron Williams (He has grown a lot in two years and was pretty damn good in the play-offs.)
    6) Stephon Marbury (Hard to ignore his amazing past play. The past two seasons are hard to gauge due to Larry Brown and the new system of having Curry as the number 1 scoring option.)
    7) Chris Paul (I almost wanted to put him above Marbury. I've watched him play live and he was pretty amazing. If he were on a better team I'd think he would look stronger.)
    8) Tony Parker (Getting better every year. He does play for a great team which I believe makes him even better. He fits well in their system.)
    9) Kirk Hinrich (He is a great all around point guard. He can shoot, pass, and defend.)
    10) T.J. Ford (Very good at driving to the hoop and can pass. He just lacks a good jumper and needs to work on some better D).

    I would have loved to put A.I. up there, but he was moved to SG.

    Gilbert Arenas is not a top 10 point guard. Living in Maryland, I get to watch a lot of Wizards games. He is an amazing scorer; but so is Kobe Bryant, who could probably do a better job at PG then Arenas.

Similar Threads

  1. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 08:41
  2. If the Knicks want Brown, get rid of Marbury
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2005, 21:04
  3. Knick Concerns
    By mrj18 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 14:51
  4. newspaper article request
    By NY all day BABY in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 28, 2004, 12:04
  5. Steph May Take Kidd's U.S. Spot
    By frankwilliams in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: May 20, 2004, 20:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •