3.) Marcus Banks
4.) Eric Snow
5.) Jordan Farmar
6.) Luke Ridnour
7.) Damon Jones
8.) Shaun Livingston
9.) Steve Francis
10. Jameer Nelson

...cough...cough...That's some good sh*t dude...

jimkcchief88

All Star
maybe you 2 should start smokin that good stuff to help your cataracts out. because if u dont think a player with a 11 year career average of 19.9ppg and 7.9 apg doesnt fit any where in your top 10 then you're either dumb or blind as hell. 'possibly not the best pg on the team'??? watch sum games u so called fans then your allowed to have an opinion that counts.

Been watchin' Marbury play since his days at GT. How old were you then??? Even in middle school yet??? I doubt it. I know that Marbury is a hometown boy and all that but seriously the rest of the basketball country would double over laughing while reading this thread. You and me have been over this before and I hate beating dead horses so I am through here but rest assured when the KNICKS get some real backcourt talent besides has beens and never beens the rest of the KNICK fans that don't get the games for FREE while start watching again.

nyk_nyk

All Star
1.) Sebastian Telfair
2.) Smush Parker
3.) Marcus Banks
4.) Eric Snow
5.) Jordan Farmar
6.) Luke Ridnour
7.) Damon Jones
8.) Shaun Livingston
9.) Steve Francis
10. Jameer Nelson

...cough...cough...That's some good sh*t dude...
I just laughed my food up looking at this list. lol

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
The most productive PG's are

1. Kidd(All around)
2. Nash(Most valuable)
3. Arenas(Best scoring)

These two guys are the future of the PG position in the NBA, they're both at the same level. Paul is underrated. Hornets were banged up, but like I said before, injuries are part of the game
4. Paul
5. Williams

These two guys are some of the most productive/talented offensive PG's you can find in the NBA, both has similar styles, both strong PG's that can pass and score.
6. Marbury
7. Davis

These are winning PG's who had their sucess in the playoffs.
8. Parker(playing with Duncan helps, Parker is still a great PG)
9. Billups

He's overrated a big, solid defender.
10. Hinrich

I'd put AI at #4 and switch 6 & 7... but otherwise... I co-sign...

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
The fact some of you did not even mention Gary Payton is astonishing...head to head in their primes...GP atleast 3x better than Marbury.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Thank you. Y'all must be smokin' dat goody good to put Marbury anywhere near the top ten PG's in the NBA. At least 16 PG's are better because those teams make the playoffs. Can you Imagine Marbury on Dallas or Phoenix?? Yeah he is buried on the bench and only gets mop up minutes. Marbury had a better season last year than I thought but to put him anywhere near the top ten PG's in the league buy any rank but salary is a joke. Top 10 point guards LEAD their teams into the playoffs instead of riding the pine down the stretch with a towel on the thier head. Look how Baron Davis played in the playoffs hurt and lead his team to an improbable upset. You can't even put Baron and Marbury in the same sentence. I'm a true Knicks fan but damn, Marbury might not even be the best PG on the team, let alone top ten in the league.

soooo... you rank these guys ahead of Steph:

(1) T. Parker (SA) (2) Nash (Pho) (3) Terry (Dal) (4) Alston (Hou) (5) Williams (Uta) (6) AI (Den) (7) Smush Parker (LAL) (8) Baron Davis (GS) (9) Chauncey (Det) (10) Nelson (Orl) (11) Larry Hughes (Cle) (12) Antonio Daniels (Was) (13) Ford (Tor) (14) J. Kidd (NJ) (15) Jason Williams (Mia) (16) Hinrick (Chi)

This also means that guys like Chris Paul and Cassell are worse points than Smush Parker... see how stupid that logic is? Steph might not be the top 3 player he once was... but he's still top 10 (IMO)... remember how bad his numbers were in November and December when Isiah was benching him? Discount those months and steph had a very good year... don't sh*t on steph cuz we haven't made the playoffs in a while...

The fact some of you did not even mention Gary Payton is astonishing...head to head in their primes...GP atleast 3x better than Marbury.

This list is based on last season...

Allen

Benchwarmer
I would consider Marbury, I hate calling him "starbury", one of the top pgs in the league. However when its all set and done he will be one of those players who will put up great stats but has little to show for it. He hasn't lead any team to anything other than a quick playoff exit. He doesn't have 2 mvp trophies like Nash, he doesn't have 80+ career triple-doubles like Kidd. Hell, he hasn't even made it to any type of conference finals let alone sniff the NBA fianls. Marbury has a good career with great stats but little to no trophies to show for it.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury doesn't even make my top 10.

1.) Gary Payton-- Will be a HOF'er...outstanding offensive/defensive player every single season for well over a decade...role player now...but he to me has been the best PG overall for quite some time when he was in his prime. Championship ring gets him over.

2.) Jason Kidd-- number 2 only to Payton. Great hustler, great passer, steady handed. Triple double kingpin. Led team to Finals what 2x? another HOF'er with Payton.

3.) Tony Parker... he himself has won 3 championships in 5 years...he's got to be doing something right, not to mention 1 Finals MVP.

4.) Baron Davis---can play all phases of the game..offense, passing, scoring...get's over looked because of injuries last few years.

5.) Steve Nash-- same as Baron..cept plays no defense...but he hustles his ass off, and without him the Suns fizzle out.

6.) Mike Bibby- led his team to several playoff appearances. Always a key member. Just ran into much better LA teams when he had his best chance to win a title. One of the most consistent to ever play. And started every game of his career.

7.) Sam Cassell- everywhere he has gone. He was won..maybe not a title but playoff appearances. When healthy 100% and in the playoffs few are better than him. Constantly overlooked, and underrated.

8.) Gilbert Arenas-- would rank him higher but not starting for I think 2 seasons holds him back on my list. But his talent is bananas.

9.) Chris Paul-- the engine that runs NO. Period. He very well could be the next Oscar Robertson with his talent level. He could very well pull off averaging a triple double for one season.

10.) Derron Willams- has the killer instinct, can set up teammates, hit the 3, drive the lane. Can do it all...he works on his D...could be the next GP minus the trash talking.

blunt-1213.jpg

Pass that shit man.

You talk about winning so much, but doesn't even have a Finals MVP like Billups on your list? Talk about an inconstant view on things

I'd put AI at #4 and switch 6 & 7... but otherwise... I co-sign...

AI = SG most of career, Snow played most of the PG in Philadephia, Blake in Denver. But you can also come back at me saying AI was the lead guard most of his career and basically was the offense of his team, meaning the leader.

Baron Davis has been injury prone, if he wasn't, I would agree also.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
blunt-1213.jpg

Pass that shit man.

You talk about winning so much, but doesn't even have a Finals MVP like Billups on your list? Talk about an inconstant view on things

AI = SG most of career, Snow played most of the PG in Philadephia, Blake in Denver. But you can also come back at me saying AI was the lead guard most of his career and basically was the offense of his team, meaning the leader.

I'm not inconsistent. Billups does not impress me at all overall. Payton has 1, Parker has 3, Cassell has 2...championships. Billups as won 1 title...1 finals mvp. My list was made in conjunction with career, and post season accomplishments. I figured any fool could see that...

Every player on my list with the exception of Williams and Paul...those two being projections...has a great career and some playoff heroics to go along with them....Williams last playoff series doesn't count till he does it a few more times..and he was strong against SA.

Chauncey in my view is a one hit wonder...he wasn't doing shit till he got to Detroit..and when he hooked up with LB. Hell, Avery Johnson has 2 titles...had a long career...and he's not on my list. Kenny Smith is not on my list either...

My scores are composites between career, playoffs, and finals if applicable...all Chauncey has is 1 title...yeah yeah they have been to the Eastern Conference finals 5 times in row. They key to those teams was everyone none of the Pistons really stand out, at all.

metrocard

Legend
I'm not inconsistent. Billups does not impress me at all overall. Payton has 1, Parker has 3, Cassell has 2...championships. Billups as won 1 title...1 finals mvp. My list was made in conjunction with career, and post season accomplishments. I figured any fool could see that...

Every player on my list with the exception of Williams and Paul...those two being projections...has a great career and some playoff heroics to go along with them....Williams last playoff series doesn't count till he does it a few more times..and he was strong against SA.

Chauncey in my view is a one hit wonder...he wasn't doing shit till he got to Detroit..and when he hooked up with LB. Hell, Avery Johnson has 2 titles...had a long career...and he's not on my list. Kenny Smith is not on my list either...

My scores are composites between career, playoffs, and finals if applicable...all Chauncey has is 1 title...yeah yeah they have been to the Eastern Conference finals 5 times in row. They key to those teams was everyone none of the Pistons really stand out, at all.

You still smoking that shit?

metrocard

Legend

This list was poorly thought out.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Just because you are on Marbury's nuts as a point guard does not mean everyone has to agree with you. Like I said I think there are better point guards in the NBA than him. I told you how I came up with my composite, you don't like it that's just too damned bad. Of all the point guards that have entered the league counting from 1990 and on....I would rank several ahead of him...Marbury would make my top 20...but not my top 10. I'm basing this on accomplishment...and not just career average...

You want to give Steph all the excuses in the world for not leading a team to one playoff series win...NOT ONE. Ahh he didn't have help, he had guys that were injured, he left before they could develop whatever...you want to be a Marbury apologist fine.

I still think the KNICKS need to move him...and get someone else...because you cannot win with him...teams have been more successful without him at the helm of the PG position...not to mention we could use the cap space.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Spot on. The point is that teams get better after Marbury leaves and we need to take that lesson to heart. The problem is that even though Marbury plays like a lower tier player he is paid like an upper tier player and the rest of the league knows teams don't win with him on the roster. So we are stuck like chuck with this guy.

Kiyaman

Legend
Only us Knick-Fans would put Stephon Marbury in the TOP 10 PG in the league right now.

The Marbury Hype is over you could not trade Marbury for Brevin Knight or an Old Sam Cassel if the contracts were the same.

The Knicks would've been in the last two seasons playoffs if the Knicks had Mike "Henry" Bibby at the PG rather than Marbury.

Marbury average 36 MPG in his career with the Knicks.
Marbury is only affective in the halfcourt set (inconsistency though).
His running game is questionable and the last time you seen his running game was when he was in a Phoenix Suns uniform.

The Knicks young Players want to RUN, and get into a fastpace transition game on bothsides of the court however, Marbury and Curry 35 MPG halfcourt offense dont let the young players play their game.

Kidd
Billups
Nash
Arenas
Iverson
Parker
Cassel
Bibby
T.J Ford
Chris Paul
Payton

The above is 11 Star NBA PG that show and prove each season that their performance is much better with their teammates than Marbury.
There are other PG like Hindrich, Baron Davis, Deron, Mo Williams, that has proved in the last 3 seasons their performance is above Marbury in so many standards.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player

AI played point at GT and in his first 2 or 3 years... then LB shifted him to 2... but yeah...

soooooooo... if your scores are composites between career, playoffs and finals... shouldn't chauncey be on your list anyway? his season averages (since coming to detroit) are 16 pts, 5 assts, 3 rebs, 1 steal... his playoff stats are even better 18 pts, 6 assts, 4 rbs, 1 steal... finals MVP and one chip... Payton has won no titles, no regular season MVPs, not even DPY... then you add Williams and Paul who have accomplished nothing and continue to say your list is valid...

Steph has career playoff averages of 19.4 pts, 6.7 assts, 3.8 rebs and 1.6 steals in 18 playoff games... season career averages are 19.9 pts, 7.9 assts, 3.0 rebs, 1.0 steal... since finals only count if applicable... I dare you to name someone else on your list who has better numbers than Steph...

be for real... you don't like Steph or Chauncy... don't front like you made an objective list when you used the same subjective criteria that you blame Metro for using...

I'm basing this on accomplishment...and not just career average...

You want to give Steph all the excuses in the world for not leading a team to one playoff series win...NOT ONE. Ahh he didn't have help, he had guys that were injured, he left before they could develop whatever...you want to be a Marbury apologist fine.

I still think the KNICKS need to move him...and get someone else...because you cannot win with him...teams have been more successful without him at the helm of the PG position...not to mention we could use the cap space.

ummmmm... yeah... definately not biased against steph... i take it back...

Spot on. The point is that teams get better after Marbury leaves and we need to take that lesson to heart. The problem is that even though Marbury plays like a lower tier player he is paid like an upper tier player and the rest of the league knows teams don't win with him on the roster. So we are stuck like chuck with this guy.

Minnesota won... Phoenix won... the Knicks won in his first year... THE ONLY TEAM THAT DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITH MARBURY WAS NEW JERSEY... this is a fallacious argument... get your facts right before spitting on steph...

Only us Knick-Fans would put Stephon Marbury in the TOP 10 PG in the league right now.

The Marbury Hype is over you could not trade Marbury for Brevin Knight or an Old Sam Cassel if the contracts were the same.

The Knicks would've been in the last two seasons playoffs if the Knicks had Mike "Henry" Bibby at the PG rather than Marbury.

Marbury average 36 MPG in his career with the Knicks.
Marbury is only affective in the halfcourt set (inconsistency though).
His running game is questionable and the last time you seen his running game was when he was in a Phoenix Suns uniform.

The Knicks young Players want to RUN, and get into a fastpace transition game on bothsides of the court however, Marbury and Curry 35 MPG halfcourt offense dont let the young players play their game.

Kidd
Billups
Nash
Arenas
Iverson
Parker
Cassel
Bibby
T.J Ford
Chris Paul
Payton

The above is 11 Star NBA PG that show and prove each season that their performance is much better with their teammates than Marbury.
There are other PG like Hindrich, Baron Davis, Deron, Mo Williams, that has proved in the last 3 seasons their performance is above Marbury in so many standards.

ummm... you really think we'd be better with Bibby than Steph? the only time Bibby made the playoffs... deep into the playoffs... he was on a loaded roster... Peja, Webber, Christie, Miller, Turkolu, Bobby Jackson... if Marbury was in Sacto... they would have done the same... what criteria makes TJ Ford, Cassel and Bibby better points than CP3?

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I've always stated on here I think there are other PG's better than Steph....go through my posts and you'll find my history bears that out.

As far as Chauncey goes yeah like you said...ONLY GOOD WHEN HE GOT TO DETROIT before that he really was not amounting to shit now was he? He was truly fading away to being one of those busted draft picks till Larry Brown made him into the PG you see today. And like I said no one on Detroit stands out...they all overlap.

Payton I gave a higher score to because he has HALL OF FAME numbers...Chauncey won't ain't even able to breathe the same air as GP..PERIOD.

ALL OF GARY PAYTON'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS...

8 consecutive All-NBA team selections when he was chosen to the All-NBA Third team in 1994. He was selected All-NBA First-Team in 1998 and 2000, All-NBA Second Team in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, and 2002, and All-NBA Third Team in 1994 and 2001. He was selected to the NBA All-Defensive First Team a record nine consecutive seasons (1994–2002), and won the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award in 1996, the first guard to have won the award in 8 years. He has been selected to the NBA All-Star Team nine times and was voted as a starter in 1997 and 1998. He was a member of the gold medal-winning 1996 and 2000 U.S. Men's Olympic Basketball Teams.

* In NBA history (as of 18th April 2007):

* ranks 21st in points (21,813) - passed Larry Bird (21,791) on March 26, 2007
* ranks 6th in assists (8,966)
* ranks 3rd in steals (2,445)
* ranks 7th in minutes (47,117)
* ranks 8th in games (1335)

* Only player in NBA history to accumulate 20,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, 8,000 assists and 2,000 steals in a career

Chauncey AIN'T GOT SHIT COMPARED TO GP...SO PLEASE SHUT UP

2004 NBA Finals MVP
2004-05 NBA All-Defense Second Team
2005-06 NBA All-Defense Second Team
2005-06 All-NBA Second Team
2006, 2007 All-Star
2006-07 All-NBA Third Team

metrocard

Legend
Whats good with the Marbury hate on here?

ShairanXIII, exactly. I asked him the same thing. He explained himself poorly and killed his agruement. I mean, Billups is an all star PG, a finals MVP and has come up big in the playoffs for Detroit.

This guy has the most random list ever.

Baron Davis makes his top 4, but Marbury doesn't? Marbury has been more consistant than Davis. The only thing that stopped Davis from being better than Marbury is his chucking and his injuries.

Gary Payton has won a ring as a bench scrub for the Miami Heat. Congrats Gary, you've been ranked as the top point guard's in the NBA list. Hey, if you're going to put Payton, you might as well put Stockton and Magic, they were pretty good in the late 80s and 90s like Payton too. In matter fact, they were BETTER than Payton. so Payton wouldn't even be number one.

If you don't get guy, the top PG list is current. Get updated here. Payton hasn't done anything in the NBA ever since he left Seattle.

lmao...the great Gary Payton shot 35% in the playoffs for the Lakers. That was the year #1, Gary Payton couldn't handle Chauncey Billups. Payton has Karl Malone, Shaq, Kobe, and a bench of championship experienced veterans. Ever since Payton joined the Lakers he's been a sub-par bench scrub and medicore starter. Payton isn't at his prime anymore, Chauncey is. Chauncey right now is light years ahead of Payton. To put Payton as your number PG just makes this thread really comical. Thanks for the laughs and killing the agruement that Payton is the number one point guard in the NBA. Payton isn't even a top 30 PG in the NBA.

Kiyaman, Mo Williams? Are you serious now? I can't even take your agrument seriously now. This is just Marbury hate.

If you guys know anything about real basketball. Being a PG in the NBA and having 11 different coaches in 9-10 seasons is not easy to PERFECT the offense and be comfortable with the system. Tim Duncan has been playing under Pop for years and that HELPS. Its never been that Marbury can't work under the system, management has never given the CHANCE or opportunity to Marbury.

You guys act foolishly, seeing Marbury just walking in the NBA and averaging very close to 20 and 8 as if its easy. That kind of career is similar to a career of an Oscar Robinson or Lebron James. Marbury isn't a hall of fame player, but he has had an extremely productive career at the PG position, and that only should place him in the top 10.

jimkcchief88, Marbury is now a low tier player? LMAO. Dude, listen everyone in the NBA gets paid alot, thats how it is. There are very few underpaid guys in the NBA; so throw that overpaid stuff out the window.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Like I said you dude's are so on Marbury's nuts you're probably pregnant.

Billups if you compare accomplishments to Gary Payton..Billups by far is nowhere near close. Period. Finals MVP does not outrank the fact Gary was ALL DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM 9 SEASONS IN A ROW, or NBA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

Like Rasheed Wallace once said about Cleveland last year, "Even the sun shines on a dog's ass" And thats the case with Chauncey. One Finals MVP, la de fucking da...just one finals MVP...that's his whole career.

Gary Payton will be a Hall of Famer...Chauncey will not be..Period.

Marbury's only claim to fame has been what...having a career average of 20pts 8 assists...that's it? Thats the only thing he has accomplished in his career? No All NBA awards, no Olympic medals no wait he has 1 BRONZE not GOLD, Marbury was an NBA All-Star in 2001 and 2003 and an All-NBA Third Team member in 2003.

Gary has 1 more ring than Marbury, and he atleast did carry his TEAM TO THE NBA FINALS. Unlike a certain other player in NY whom wears #3 and is not John Starks.

Chauncey's best days have past him by..he is 30 now...maybe at best he has what 3 more good years in that body...guards tend to burn out quicker...

If Marbury was traded tomorrow for someone better I'd dance a jig and be happy.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
AI played point at GT and in his first 2 or 3 years... then LB shifted him to 2... but yeah...

soooooooo... if your scores are composites between career, playoffs and finals... shouldn't chauncey be on your list anyway? his season averages (since coming to detroit) are 16 pts, 5 assts, 3 rebs, 1 steal... his playoff stats are even better 18 pts, 6 assts, 4 rbs, 1 steal... finals MVP and one chip... Payton has won no titles, no regular season MVPs, not even DPY... then you add Williams and Paul who have accomplished nothing and continue to say your list is valid...

Steph has career playoff averages of 19.4 pts, 6.7 assts, 3.8 rebs and 1.6 steals in 18 playoff games... season career averages are 19.9 pts, 7.9 assts, 3.0 rebs, 1.0 steal... since finals only count if applicable... I dare you to name someone else on your list who has better numbers than Steph...

be for real... you don't like Steph or Chauncy... don't front like you made an objective list when you used the same subjective criteria that you blame Metro for using...

ummmmm... yeah... definately not biased against steph... i take it back...

Minnesota won... Phoenix won... the Knicks won in his first year... THE ONLY TEAM THAT DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITH MARBURY WAS NEW JERSEY... this is a fallacious argument... get your facts right before spitting on steph...

ummm... you really think we'd be better with Bibby than Steph? the only time Bibby made the playoffs... deep into the playoffs... he was on a loaded roster... Peja, Webber, Christie, Miller, Turkolu, Bobby Jackson... if Marbury was in Sacto... they would have done the same... what criteria makes TJ Ford, Cassel and Bibby better points than CP3?

What fact do I need to get straight??? That the guy has NEVER led a team to a PLAYOFF series win??? I got that fact straight. Maybe you are talking about a Jr High championship!!!