Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 110

Thread: Steph marbury..what ranking does he deserve on top PG list

  1. #46
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    What fact do I need to get straight??? That the guy has NEVER led a team to a PLAYOFF series win??? I got that fact straight. Maybe you are talking about a Jr High championship!!!
    Don't change it up now... your original quote was "teams don't win with Marbury at point"... scroll up... by your logic KG has to be a scrub too... since he only sniffed the western finals once and has missed the playoffs for the last 3 seasons...

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Like Rasheed Wallace once said about Cleveland last year, "Even the sun shines on a dog's ass" And thats the case with Chauncey. One Finals MVP, la de ****ing da...just one finals MVP...that's his whole career.

    Gary Payton will be a Hall of Famer...Chauncey will not be..Period.

    Gary has 1 more ring than Marbury, and he atleast did carry his TEAM TO THE NBA FINALS. Unlike a certain other player in NY whom wears #3 and is not John Starks.
    If all those INDIVIDUAL accomplishments meant more to GP than the Finals MVP... then why'd he chase rings in LA and Mia his final seasons? And I was a Sonics fan in 96... Payton didn't "carry" the team to a title... they had a squad... Kemp, Schremph, Perkins, Johnson, Marcilonus (sp?)... GP was there second best player... and in the finals he shriveled up... so again... either 96 or 2006... GP NEVER carried a team to the finals... PS... the Defensive POY didn't even guard MJ in the finals... they let him destroy Schrempf...

    you put Steph on that LA team... or that Sea team... or that Mia team... they still reach the finals... you're lying to yourself if you say otherwise...

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Alright fine TOP PG'S in the League that are relevant to their teams goes as follows...

    1.) Tony Parker
    2.) Steve Nash
    3.) Jason Kidd
    4.) Gilbert Arenas
    5.) Chauncey Billups
    6.) Baron Davis
    7.) Jason Terry
    8.) Derron Williams
    9.) Chris Paul
    10.) Kirk Hinrich


    Marbury still does not make the top 10...because they can WIN without him, especially at the PG position. As I have said in another thread he would be much better doing what Philly did with Iverson...place him at the SG spot. And make Nate, or Collins your 1.

    As far as greatest PG's of all time is concerned...in know particular order...

    1.) Bob Cousy
    2.) Oscar Robertson
    3.) Walt Frazier
    4.) Nate Archibald
    5.) Pete Maravich
    6.) Magic Johnson
    7.) Isiah Thomas
    8.) Gary Payton
    9.) Jason Kidd
    10.) Lenny Wilkens

    Tracy will suffer the same fate, just as Ray Allen has for the most part. Meanwhile Rip Hamilton who is not better than Tracy or Ray...has been there several times.

    When Steph averages 20pts a game....team don't win..Nash and Kidd do it..team win...so what is Steph's problem? And Kidd did it without VC...
    ummm... Larry Brown made a mistake putting AI at 2... he admits it... AI admits it... it probably set him back more than it pushed him forward... yes they made the finals... but that team was constructed around AI specifically... do you want us to construct the team around a 30 year old steph at 2? c'mon... admit that you're a steph hater and I'll leave you alone...

    Your all time list looks official...

    so would you rank Rip ahead of T-Mac and Ray Allen? Ray made it to the conference finals and the conference semis in Mil... he brought Sea to the second round his first year there... but... he's not a winner either I guess... hopefully you see the error in your argument...

    go jig for the hawks... steph doesn't run point over there...

  2. #47
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Spot on. The point is that teams get better after Marbury leaves and we need to take that lesson to heart. The problem is that even though Marbury plays like a lower tier player he is paid like an upper tier player and the rest of the league knows teams don't win with him on the roster. So we are stuck like chuck with this guy.
    Marbury plays like a lower tier player???? Dude, you should get your comments straight before you post something like that. The guy can drop 30 on any given night. LOWER TIER??????????????

    Your on drugs.

  3. #48
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    [b]AI played point at GT and in his first 2 or 3 years... then LB shifted him to 2... but yeah...



    soooooooo... if your scores are composites between career, playoffs and finals... shouldn't chauncey be on your list anyway? his season averages (since coming to detroit) are 16 pts, 5 assts, 3 rebs, 1 steal... his playoff stats are even better 18 pts, 6 assts, 4 rbs, 1 steal... finals MVP and one chip... Payton has won no titles, no regular season MVPs, not even DPY... then you add Williams and Paul who have accomplished nothing and continue to say your list is valid...

    Steph has career playoff averages of 19.4 pts, 6.7 assts, 3.8 rebs and 1.6 steals in 18 playoff games... season career averages are 19.9 pts, 7.9 assts, 3.0 rebs, 1.0 steal... since finals only count if applicable... I dare you to name someone else on your list who has better numbers than Steph...

    be for real... you don't like Steph or Chauncy... don't front like you made an objective list when you used the same subjective criteria that you blame Metro for using...



    ummmmm... yeah... definately not biased against steph... i take it back...



    Minnesota won... Phoenix won... the Knicks won in his first year... THE ONLY TEAM THAT DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITH MARBURY WAS NEW JERSEY... this is a fallacious argument... get your facts right before spitting on steph...



    ummm... you really think we'd be better with Bibby than Steph? the only time Bibby made the playoffs... deep into the playoffs... he was on a loaded roster... Peja, Webber, Christie, Miller, Turkolu, Bobby Jackson... if Marbury was in Sacto... they would have done the same... what criteria makes TJ Ford, Cassel and Bibby better points than CP3?
    Great post!

  4. #49
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Because it was the only thing GP was missing, just as it's the same thing Patrick Ewing is missing...you accomplish all you can individually as a player..the only thing left is to win a championship..Mario Elie will never be a Hall of Famer..but he has I think 3 or 5 rings....

    I've never stated I liked Steph in the first place..I have always say I think he as a player is bad for the team. Not saying anything new here....

    Yeah it's too late to construct a team around Steph but I do think with his much better offensive ability he'd be better off at the 2 spot. He offensively FG% wise is much more consistent than Crawford, and much more healthy than Qrich...so I think this would be the best utilization for him. Basically, starting 2 pg's....I think it would work better with him and someone else in the back court handling the rock more often. There would be some match up problems night to night..but with his quickness he should at least be able to draw 3 fouls on his man...and not get beat off the dribble forcing his opponent to shoot...

    I would not rank Rip ahead of Tracy or Ray. What I was saying was Rip has won a title, and is not the most talented SG in the league. The fact that he won without being the most talented..yes he had help..but he was a key player..DET basically as 5 role players in the starting 5..well had 5 minus Big Ben...

    Tracy and Ray as talented as they are...are not going to come close to winning a title. Yeah help is apart of it...but a leader takes over a team..a leader gets his team closer to the win...tired of seeing Tracy crying..not saying it's all his fault..he is only one man at the end of the day. But other players have pretty much done it by themselves with the role players they get around them..because you make them better. Larry Bird made the guys around him better...Patrick made guys around him better...Reggie Miller made guys around him better....Iverson even for 1 season made guys around him good enough to go to the Finals....

  5. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    Don't change it up now... your original quote was "teams don't win with Marbury at point"... scroll up... by your logic KG has to be a scrub too... since he only sniffed the western finals once and has missed the playoffs for the last 3 seasons...



    If all those INDIVIDUAL accomplishments meant more to GP than the Finals MVP... then why'd he chase rings in LA and Mia his final seasons? And I was a Sonics fan in 96... Payton didn't "carry" the team to a title... they had a squad... Kemp, Schremph, Perkins, Johnson, Marcilonus (sp?)... GP was there second best player... and in the finals he shriveled up... so again... either 96 or 2006... GP NEVER carried a team to the finals... PS... the Defensive POY didn't even guard MJ in the finals... they let him destroy Schrempf...

    you put Steph on that LA team... or that Sea team... or that Mia team... they still reach the finals... you're lying to yourself if you say otherwise...



    ummm... Larry Brown made a mistake putting AI at 2... he admits it... AI admits it... it probably set him back more than it pushed him forward... yes they made the finals... but that team was constructed around AI specifically... do you want us to construct the team around a 30 year old steph at 2? c'mon... admit that you're a steph hater and I'll leave you alone...

    Your all time list looks official...

    so would you rank Rip ahead of T-Mac and Ray Allen? Ray made it to the conference finals and the conference semis in Mil... he brought Sea to the second round his first year there... but... he's not a winner either I guess... hopefully you see the error in your argument...

    go jig for the hawks... steph doesn't run point over there...
    Dude, I ain't changin' nothin' up. You scroll. I said teams that have Marbury at the point don't win. You are the one that stated that the Suns and Wolves won with him to which I replied not in the playoffs. Don't put words in my mouth.

  6. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Marbury plays like a lower tier player???? Dude, you should get your comments straight before you post something like that. The guy can drop 30 on any given night. LOWER TIER??????????????

    Your on drugs.
    The guy averaged 16 points a game last season. So that means all those 30 point games must be offset by alot of 2 point games.

  7. #52
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Alright fine TOP PG'S in the League that are relevant to their teams goes as follows...

    1.) Tony Parker
    2.) Steve Nash
    3.) Jason Kidd
    4.) Gilbert Arenas
    5.) Chauncey Billups
    6.) Baron Davis
    7.) Jason Terry
    8.) Derron Williams
    9.) Chris Paul
    10.) Kirk Hinrich


    Marbury still does not make the top 10...because they can WIN without him, especially at the PG position. As I have said in another thread he would be much better doing what Philly did with Iverson...place him at the SG spot. And make Nate, or Collins your 1.

    As far as greatest PG's of all time is concerned...in know particular order...

    1.) Bob Cousy
    2.) Oscar Robertson
    3.) Walt Frazier
    4.) Nate Archibald
    5.) Pete Maravich
    6.) Magic Johnson
    7.) Isiah Thomas
    8.) Gary Payton
    9.) Jason Kidd
    10.) Lenny Wilkens

    As far as the KNICKS go..Patrick Ewing led that team to the Finals in 93/94. John Starks was great in GAME 6...accept for when he tried to go for the WIN instead of the TIE giving us a chance to win in overtime...that is where he ****ed up. And then of course in Game 7 with his abysmal 2-18 performance. Which I still blame Riles for not playing Blackman in that spot since Starks had burnt his wad in game 6.

    Tracy McGrady just like Marbury has yet to get it done in the playoffs. Similar is like A-ROD is for the Yankees. All season they shall be great, but when its crunch time they seem to fade away and cannot deliver. Don't know whether it is psychological...or what...but at some point some guy just isn't a playoff guy for whatever reason.

    I don't care about Steph's charitable efforts...that's nice but this is about basketball. We had plenty of local products that can't do **** for the hometown team...ie Strickland and Kenny Anderson...remember them?

    Marbury in 3 years will not even lead this team to the Conference Finals..what you going to say then? He did the best he could...champions deliver when there is pressure on line PERIOD. He has not, and never will. If he had that in him..would have seen it by now...because in 3 years...career is over...before he does perhaps become a role player on someone else's team. It's one thing to lose a title, it's another to never even come close to breathing and smelling the damned thing.

    Tracy will suffer the same fate, just as Ray Allen has for the most part. Meanwhile Rip Hamilton who is not better than Tracy or Ray...has been there several times.

    When Steph averages 20pts a game....team don't win..Nash and Kidd do it..team win...so what is Steph's problem? And Kidd did it without VC...


    Tony Parker isn't the best PG in the NBA. He's a poor defender, passer, and lacks the range. Playing with the best all around player, and the greatest PF of all time doesn't make you the best PG in the NBA.

    Dude...everything Baron Davis does, Marbury does. Davis isn't even a good defender and chucks up alot of 3pt shots and shoots a low FG%. He's also injury prone. Baron Davis and Marbury are in the same level; with Marbury having the slight edge. For you to put Davis near your top 5 just proves you have a bias against Marbury.

    Jason Terry isn't even the 2nd best player on the Mavericks. Seriously, are you pulling these rankings out of your ass? Playing on the team with the best RECORD doesn't automatically put you on a top 10 PG list. Terry isn't a better passer, defender or better overall PG than Marbury. I'll take Terry's jumpshot over Marbury, but honestly who's was Jason Terry before Dallas? He was putting up decent stats in Alanta and losing. Jason Terry isn't even an all star and has never been near All Star level. Being the PG of the team with the best record in the NBA doesn't make you elite. Terry always been a great PG, but never has been better than Stephon Marbury, from the Hawks to now.

    Marbury >>> Hinrich. Hinrich will never be an all star in this league. He's a B-level PG who fits Chicago's role nicely. He won't play a bigger role in his career, cause he has his limits.

    I could respect your all time PG rankings.


    With all that said, how the hell did you establish your first PG rankings? That was so crazy and random, and I was like wtf...where does this dude get his bud from.

    A'Rod for the Yankees...true. But that doesn't change the fact A'Rod is the best player in the American league and has been for almost a decade.

    Ray Allen > Rip too. Rip won a title because he's on a good team with the best group of players in the league. It doesn't make him the best SG in the league. Kobe only plays with one border-line all star who's injury prone. The result? You don't see Kobe in the Western Conference finals anymore. With Shaq, they were a dynasty. Now with Walton, Bynum, Cook etc, they're just an 8th at best. Now Kobe isn't the best SG in the NBA? He is, and will be till he retires, doesn't matter if he wins a title or not.

    All I'm saying T'Mac > Bowen, Teyshaun. Bowen and Teyshaun aren't top 5 SF in the NBA. T'Mac would be found in the top 3 of all SF's in the NBA.

    lol...where does Kevin Garnett fall on your top PF rankings...Number 9; with Robert Horry ahead of him? Kevin Garnett is a prime example when you don't have the right players around you can't carry your team by yourself to the finals. When the T'Wolves finally had some mentionable players like Sprewell, Cassel, and Wally to held Garnett, they made it to the West Conference finals.

    Another point I want to make, winning does help your resume as a player in any league. But you shouldn't emphasize so much to the point that player becomes ranked above players he isn't better than. Its that simple.

  8. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Metro you are sounding crazy right now. Marbury better than Baron Davis??? Did you even watch any of the playoffs??? Baron Davis leads a barely .500 team to the biggest upset in NBA playoff history since the Dikembe Nuggets knocked off the Sonics while Marbury was riding the pine when the Knicks needed him the most. Skill set may be the same but Baron has twice the heart of Marbury. Whenever the Warriors needed a pick-me up Baron was there getting a steal or a big three or got to the foul line. Marbury will NEVER be that type of player. Not knocking Marbury but some guys just don't have it in them. How about calling Barkley and Kenny " The Jet" Smith and telling them that Marbury is better than Baron Davis. They will have a "gone fishing" portrait ready complete with a fitted fisherman's hat. PERIOD.

  9. #54
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    I've never stated I liked Steph in the first place..I have always say I think he as a player is bad for the team. Not saying anything new here....

    Yeah it's too late to construct a team around Steph but I do think with his much better offensive ability he'd be better off at the 2 spot. He offensively FG% wise is much more consistent than Crawford, and much more healthy than Qrich...so I think this would be the best utilization for him. Basically, starting 2 pg's....I think it would work better with him and someone else in the back court handling the rock more often. There would be some match up problems night to night..but with his quickness he should at least be able to draw 3 fouls on his man...and not get beat off the dribble forcing his opponent to shoot...

    I would not rank Rip ahead of Tracy or Ray. What I was saying was Rip has won a title, and is not the most talented SG in the league. The fact that he won without being the most talented..yes he had help..but he was a key player..DET basically as 5 role players in the starting 5..well had 5 minus Big Ben...

    Tracy and Ray as talented as they are...are not going to come close to winning a title. Yeah help is apart of it...but a leader takes over a team..a leader gets his team closer to the win...tired of seeing Tracy crying..not saying it's all his fault..he is only one man at the end of the day. But other players have pretty much done it by themselves with the role players they get around them..because you make them better. Larry Bird made the guys around him better...Patrick made guys around him better...Reggie Miller made guys around him better....Iverson even for 1 season made guys around him good enough to go to the Finals....
    when not liking clouds your vision... that's hate... plain and simple... thanks for admitting it... your bias was evident...

    so because steph has a high FG % he should be a 2 guard? maybe Nash should run the 2 at phoenix too... 2pgs... at the same time... hmmmm... too bad we traded steve francis... he could take care of the point guard responsibilities for steph... too bad NO ONE ever tried that... we'd win the chip for sure...

    so if Rip... who is not the best SG can win with help... can steph... who cracks your top 20 can't win with help? again... your bias is clouding your argument my dude...

    Larry Bird played with... Top 50 NBA players Kevin McHale and Robert Parish... former finals MVP Dennis Johnson... Danny Ainge... former league MVP Bill Walton... not hard to "make" everyone else around you better when they're HOF already...

    Reggie had Ric Smits, Mark Jackson, Dale and Antonio Davis... again... nice supporting cast...

    Patrick is a post player... as history has shown... it's easier to win with a dominant post player on your roster than with a dominant point guard...

    Iverson's team was designed around his talents... defensive hustle... offensive rebounds... and a great help defender in the middle (motumbo)...

    you're proving my point... get steph the help... and he too can win... name the last time a team won with a dominant point guard and nothing else? now that he has Curry and Randolph to take the offensive pressure off him... the knicks will be even more dangerous since he can still bust out those 30/40 point games...

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Metro you are sounding crazy right now. Marbury better than Baron Davis??? Did you even watch any of the playoffs??? Baron Davis leads a barely .500 team to the biggest upset in NBA playoff history since the Dikembe Nuggets knocked off the Sonics while Marbury was riding the pine when the Knicks needed him the most. Skill set may be the same but Baron has twice the heart of Marbury. Whenever the Warriors needed a pick-me up Baron was there getting a steal or a big three or got to the foul line. Marbury will NEVER be that type of player. Not knocking Marbury but some guys just don't have it in them. How about calling Barkley and Kenny " The Jet" Smith and telling them that Marbury is better than Baron Davis. They will have a "gone fishing" portrait ready complete with a fitted fisherman's hat. PERIOD.
    before last season... when was the last time you talked about Baron Davis? When he was in Charlotte? look... one season shouldn't override a career... BDiddy hasn't played an entire season since 2002... talentwise... he's probably #2 behind JKidd... remember that mvp-like run he had in Charlotte? fact is... golden state didn't go on a run this year until jackson and harrington came... even the great BDiddy needed help... let's not underestimate the benefits of playing with Nellie... who coached Dallas for 3 or so years... Avery's mentor... Nellie got into Nellie's head as much as Diddy got up in Dallas' ass...

  10. #55
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Metro you are sounding crazy right now. Marbury better than Baron Davis??? Did you even watch any of the playoffs??? Baron Davis leads a barely .500 team to the biggest upset in NBA playoff history since the Dikembe Nuggets knocked off the Sonics while Marbury was riding the pine when the Knicks needed him the most. Skill set may be the same but Baron has twice the heart of Marbury. Whenever the Warriors needed a pick-me up Baron was there getting a steal or a big three or got to the foul line. Marbury will NEVER be that type of player. Not knocking Marbury but some guys just don't have it in them. How about calling Barkley and Kenny " The Jet" Smith and telling them that Marbury is better than Baron Davis. They will have a "gone fishing" portrait ready complete with a fitted fisherman's hat. PERIOD.
    barely .500? Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, Al Harrington, Andris Bendrins, JAX...thats a pretty damn good supporting cast along with Don Nelson as head coach.

    YES I WATCHED THE PLAYOFFS!!! WHY DO YOU USE EXCLAMATION MARKS 3 TIMES???

    Baron had a great playoffs series. Kudos to him. Davis is fishing with Marbury too, you're a couple months late.

    It doesn't change the fact Davis is one of the most injury prone PG's in the NBA. At best he'll play 70 games, and he only played 62 for Golden State. He hasn't played a full NBA season since 2001. Thats 6 ****ing years, this dude is as injury prone as Grant Hill.

    His best FG% is 43...thats like Marbury's career average. Davis is normally a 40-41% FG shooter on 18 ppg. He's accually on the same level with Marbury on terms of passing. He's accually a below average 3pt shooter at 32%, and accually almost took 600 threes one season(crazy). His weaknesses are his injuries and his shot selection.

    I'll tell you what about Davis, those injuries held him back from having possibly a hall of fame career. He had it all, the hops, the ability at PG, the size, everything. I remember him in the 1999, he was one of the most explosive PG's I ever seen in my life.

    But Marbury's consistancy > Davis. Davis gotta stay healthy till be becomes a top 5 PG again.

    Overall talent, Davis is probably the best you can find at PG. But as an overall player, Davis falls to the same level with Marbury, which isn't bad.

  11. #56
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    barely .500? Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, Al Harrington, Andris Bendrins, JAX...thats a pretty damn good supporting cast along with Don Nelson as head coach.

    YES I WATCHED THE PLAYOFFS!!! WHY DO YOU USE EXCLAMATION MARKS 3 TIMES???

    Baron had a great playoffs series. Kudos to him. Davis is fishing with Marbury too, you're a couple months late.

    It doesn't change the fact Davis is one of the most injury prone PG's in the NBA. At best he'll play 70 games, and he only played 62 for Golden State. He hasn't played a full NBA season since 2001. Thats 6 ****ing years, this dude is as injury prone as Grant Hill.

    His best FG% is 43...thats like Marbury's career average. Davis is normally a 40-41% FG shooter on 18 ppg. He's accually on the same level with Marbury on terms of passing. He's accually a below average 3pt shooter at 32%, and accually almost took 600 threes one season(crazy). His weaknesses are his injuries and his shot selection.

    I'll tell you what about Davis, those injuries held him back from having possibly a hall of fame career. He had it all, the hops, the ability at PG, the size, everything. I remember him in the 1999, he was one of the most explosive PG's I ever seen in my life.

    But Marbury's consistancy > Davis. Davis gotta stay healthy till be becomes a top 5 PG again.

    Overall talent, Davis is probably the best you can find at PG. But as an overall player, Davis falls to the same level with Marbury, which isn't bad.
    well said... but you mean question marks (?) not exclamation points (!)

  12. #57
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Marbury not too high on list

    1. Steve Nash
    2. Gilber Arenas
    3. Jason Kidd
    4. Tony Parker
    4.5. Baron Davis
    6. Deron Williams
    6. Chauncey Billups
    7. Chris Paul
    8. Allen Iverson
    9. Starbury
    10. Mike Bibby
    11. Jason Terry
    12. Kirk Hinrich
    13. Delonte West
    14. Ray Felton
    15. Speddy Claxton
    16. Andre Miller
    17. Earl Boykins
    18. Smush Parker
    19. Dan Gibson
    20. Jason Williams

  13. #58
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    1. Steve Nash
    2. Gilber Arenas
    3. Jason Kidd
    4. Tony Parker
    4.5. Baron Davis
    6. Deron Williams
    6. Chauncey Billups
    7. Chris Paul
    8. Allen Iverson
    9. Starbury
    10. Mike Bibby
    11. Jason Terry
    12. Kirk Hinrich
    13. Delonte West
    14. Ray Felton
    15. Speddy Claxton
    16. Andre Miller
    17. Earl Boykins
    18. Smush Parker
    19. Dan Gibson
    20. Jason Williams
    OPPS I should've put TJ Ford and Sam Cassel in the top 10 or so

  14. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Now Listen All Of U Guyz Who Saying Stephon Marbury Is A Looser Need To Get Ur Facts Straight. First Of All Jason Kidd Was Drafted By The Dallas Mavericks, What Did He Accomplish With Me Mavericks Nothing. He Was A Distraction To That Team With His Off The Court Issue With His Wife. Then Got Traded To The Phoenix Where They Made It To The Playoffs Not Because Of Him But Because He Had The Supporting Cast. Meanwhile He Was Traded To New Jersey For Stephom Marbury Where He Had A Healthy Kerry Kittles, Healthy Keyon Martin And A Rookie From Arizona In Richard Jefferson.they Made It To The Finals Twice And Got Swept By The Lakers And Spurs Granteed. So Tell Me What In The Hell Makes Jason Kidd And Steve Nash Better Than Marbury, When None Of These Men Has Ever Won A Championship. To Me An Athlet Is Categorized As An Achiever If And When He Or She Has Won A Championship. To Me All Three Men Are Lossers Cos None Of Them Have A Trophy Or Ring To Show For It. Secondly U Guys Just Say Anything U Hear From The Media, Just Because The Guy Leave The Team Don't Make The Team Better. They Don't Become Better Cos Stephon Marbury Was Traded. Look At Karl Marlon And John Stockton, One Of The Best Power Forward And Point Guard To Ever Play This Game, That Don't Mean They Are Winners Cos They Aint Got The Trophy Or Ring To Show For It. Therefore U People Need To Research And Get Ur Facts Straight, U Making This Guy Look Like He Is The Bad Guy On Every Team He Plays On.

  15. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,916
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by starbury4real
    Now Listen All Of U Guyz Who Saying Stephon Marbury Is A Looser Need To Get Ur Facts Straight. First Of All Jason Kidd Was Drafted By The Dallas Mavericks, What Did He Accomplish With Me Mavericks Nothing. He Was A Distraction To That Team With His Off The Court Issue With His Wife. Then Got Traded To The Phoenix Where They Made It To The Playoffs Not Because Of Him But Because He Had The Supporting Cast. Meanwhile He Was Traded To New Jersey For Stephom Marbury Where He Had A Healthy Kerry Kittles, Healthy Keyon Martin And A Rookie From Arizona In Richard Jefferson.they Made It To The Finals Twice And Got Swept By The Lakers And Spurs Granteed. So Tell Me What In The Hell Makes Jason Kidd And Steve Nash Better Than Marbury, When None Of These Men Has Ever Won A Championship. To Me An Athlet Is Categorized As An Achiever If And When He Or She Has Won A Championship. To Me All Three Men Are Lossers Cos None Of Them Have A Trophy Or Ring To Show For It. Secondly U Guys Just Say Anything U Hear From The Media, Just Because The Guy Leave The Team Don't Make The Team Better. They Don't Become Better Cos Stephon Marbury Was Traded. Look At Karl Marlon And John Stockton, One Of The Best Power Forward And Point Guard To Ever Play This Game, That Don't Mean They Are Winners Cos They Aint Got The Trophy Or Ring To Show For It. Therefore U People Need To Research And Get Ur Facts Straight, U Making This Guy Look Like He Is The Bad Guy On Every Team He Plays On.
    Marbury is not a Team Player. You can not mention one Player in the NBA that Marbury ever meshed with as a teammate. Basketball is a Team Sport.

Similar Threads

  1. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 08:41
  2. If the Knicks want Brown, get rid of Marbury
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2005, 21:04
  3. Knick Concerns
    By mrj18 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 14:51
  4. newspaper article request
    By NY all day BABY in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 28, 2004, 12:04
  5. Steph May Take Kidd's U.S. Spot
    By frankwilliams in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: May 20, 2004, 20:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •