Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should the Knicks buyout Jerome James?????????

i dont think we should buy ouy jj, i think he will show enough improvement to grab the eye of another team....then we trade him

JJ doesn't care. He got his money and he's happy. He should be booed every time he takes the court. Maybe that will motvate his fat ass to play harder. He's also become the comic relief of the Knicks. Notice how every time he scores a couple of baskets the bench is laughing and joking? It pisses me off when he waives his hand to Isiah to take him out after only playing for 5 minutes. He is the exact opposite of Lee and Balkman. The Garden needs to continue cheering every time Lee and Balkman come onto the court and boo every time James comes on the court. Yet, the Garden cheers him when he scores a couple of baskets in a row. He shouldn't deserve applause until he starts playing hard every minute he's on the floor. I will be angry if JJ is still on the team and Demetrius Nichols or some other player is not because we have too many players on our roster.

O.K. I'm done complaining about Jerome James for a while. Just needed to vent my frustration over that fat, lazy P.O.S.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    JJ doesn't care. He got his money and he's happy. He should be booed every time he takes the court. Maybe that will motvate his fat ass to play harder. He's also become the comic relief of the Knicks. Notice how every time he scores a couple of baskets the bench is laughing and joking? It pisses me off when he waives his hand to Isiah to take him out after only playing for 5 minutes. He is the exact opposite of Lee and Balkman. The Garden needs to continue cheering every time Lee and Balkman come onto the court and boo every time James comes on the court. Yet, the Garden cheers him when he scores a couple of baskets in a row. He shouldn't deserve applause until he starts playing hard every minute he's on the floor. I will be angry if JJ is still on the team and Demetrius Nichols or some other player is not because we have too many players on our roster.

O.K. I'm done complaining about Jerome James for a while. Just needed to vent my frustration over that fat, lazy P.O.S.

Players like Malik Rose, Jerome James, and Jared Jefferies best value on this Knick-Team lies in their performance in Practice.
    Eddy Curry & Zack is not going to walk over Jerome James & Malik Rose in Practice. Lee & Balkman need Jared Jefferies defense up in their face to improve their offense in practice.

As for Nate Robinson he has Leadership, Heart, and Energy, that cant be coached into any player, he was born with that and this Knick Team and its coaches need to be aware of this.

Now Fred Jones and Dickau compared with Rookies Morris, Chandler, and Nichols whom Summer League Performances is looking like Future Role-Players in the NBA is up to Isiah decision Making after the Preseason Games.

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Thomas did go after Diop, DIOP signed with the Mavs instead. Remember when Zeke signed James, the Knicks had no center on the roster. Their tallest player i believe was Maurice Taylor. We had to sign a BIG, it just happened that he was a bust, but to cry that he is paid too much is ridiculous when he is, discounting people on their rookie contracts, one of the lowest paid Bigs in the game. He signed for the MLE. He is not getting ludicrous amount of change. The reason he is un-tradeable is because he hasn't done shyte since coming to the Knicks. A lot of that has been because of his weight issue which may have caused the injuries over the past 2 seasons. Not every signing works out, every team, EVERY TEAM, has a group of people on their team that they paid a lot of money too and haven't performed, that's the way of the game.
    As far as buying him out... I would wait to see what he did over the summer, how he has worked out and tried to get into shape. See how he performs in training camp and if he plays real well in training camp, then have him as EC's backup for the first part of the season. If he continues to show improvement then trade his azz for a need. However, he comes into training camp his same over-weight self... BUYOUT
    problem is JJ13 showed the same thing when seattle re-signed him in 2000... remember Layden tried to go after him hard that summer... then he was never productive in SEA... the guy plays one season per contract... IT should have seen this coming... I'd rather take you and a bag of flaming sh*t to back up EC than JJ... he is there to collect his check... foul and wave... 5 mil per year... for a guy with career averages of 4.3 pts, 3.1 rebs, 2.8 fouls, in 13 mins per night? IT shoulda seen this coming...

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Somehow I see PF-Zack Randolph Meshing better with Jerome James at the Center, rather than Eddy Curry.
    Jerome James does not have chemistry with anything... when he starts giving a sh*t about earning his paycheck then maybe we can fantasize about his chemistry with zbo...

If i'm Zeke...JJ13 is running laps 4 daaaaaaayyyyz. I'd work him out soooo hard in practice i'd force him 2 retire lol

At that time getting Jerome was filling a need at center. We were anemic and he was a center who had decent playoff series.

yeahh they gotta. At the end of the year he started to play okay...but he shouldnt be playing like an okay player with the money they're payin him. Buy him out. He's wastin roster space and money.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Jerome James for MIP 2007-2008.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Jerome James for MIP 2007-2008.
    in all seriousness its gonna be balkman. james has no real room for improvement unless he drops 30-50 lbs and finds motivation. suspiciously enough all indications point to cannabis as the problem here...no motivation, weight problems, stupid mistakes, inability to focus, etc.

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    in all seriousness its gonna be balkman. james has no real room for improvement unless he drops 30-50 lbs and finds motivation. suspiciously enough all indications point to cannabis as the problem here...no motivation, weight problems, stupid mistakes, inability to focus, etc.
    cept all the serious weed heads i know are skinny dudes...

Superstar

i dont know where youre from but up in philly not all of them are.