Marc Berman on Knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->http://www.nypost.com/seven/07132007/sports/knicks/knicks_big_men_coming_up_small_knicks_marc_berman.htm

Thats the biggest question..they both can score BUT how will chemistry play out..Thats my biggest problem with IT signings he almost never thinks how players will mesh..

You have to give Marc Berman his PROPS on that article, because it said alot about the Knicks 23 and 33 WIN Seasons. If any Knick-Player belongs in the Knicks Bigman mini-camp in Los Vegas it have to be Eddy Curry. His non-passing-skillz when doubled is worst than his rebounding and defense which is non existing. Plus Zack Randolph showed up.

For Marc Berman to add the BIG-BUST of the two-max MLE Knick-Players in the same article with both being Frontcourt Players that are supposed to give Eddy Curry talent some improvement in the Frontcourt, but made it look like President Zeke is clueless when spending $BIG Money$ on veteran players that dont mesh together under any circumstances. Yet President/Coach Zeke have to give these players playingtime because of their huge contract which made Zeke a "SAVE-FACE" Losing Coach this past season.

First Impression:
How will all this affect how Zack Randolph look at this Knick organization, players, coaches, and Brass???

Kiyaman

Legend
Lets be honest, does anyone know a Basketball player that likes to play with a teammate that never passes the ball when he is double or tipple teamed???<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Lets be honest, does anyone know a Basketball player that likes to play with a teammate that never passes the ball when he is double or tipple teamed???<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->
I know I wouldn't....I can't seem 2 understand, y do players not like 2 paas the ball???? I know when I play ball, I love 2 pass. If I can set sum1 up 4 an assist....i'd be just as happy if not happier 2 do that than 2 score myself.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Does curry have a responsibility to the franchise? Yes. Does he also have a responsibilty to his wife? Yes.
It would have been great if Curry could attend the summer workouts with some of the team especially Zach but I don't think it would have made too much of a difference on the court right now. Most of the players there aren't married and have no reponsibility to anyone.

Let's give Curry a break and just hope that he is working out and getting ready for October. During the game last night Mark Agguire said that Curry is ahead of schedule in terms of conditioning.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Both JJ's no shows 4 summer workouts

Both Jefferies and James were no shows 2 voluntary workouts....They need 2 be Glued 2 the bench next season.

Does curry have a responsibility to the franchise? Yes. Does he also have a responsibilty to his wife? Yes.
It would have been great if Curry could attend the summer workouts with some of the team especially Zach but I don't think it would have made too much of a difference on the court right now. Most of the players there aren't married and have no reponsibility to anyone.

Let's give Curry a break and just hope that he is working out and getting ready for October. During the game last night Mark Agguire said that Curry is ahead of schedule in terms of conditioning.

very well put ! look what we as fans need to realize is these players are men off the court who have families and obligations, if Eddy is indeed working out like Q and Mark Aguire have stated then he is showing responsibility and leadership to his team. It was more important from a image stand point that Zach made it then Eddy. But seriously when it is all said and done Basketball is just a game, and we only care about Curry for what he does on the court, his wife and family is his real life. As a fan I wouldv'e loved to see him there, as a husband and father I understand why he wasn't. Bottom line Marc Berman just needed something different to write about, and he tried to stir up something w/ that half witted article.

Trin_Starr

Starter

+1 great post

Here's an nice article by Allan Hahn refuting Berman's claim
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/

And here's the excerpt:

I saw one of my colleagues took on Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries and Jerome James for not being in Vegas for the veteran workout. I only agree with one of the three. In fact, I was the one who asked Isiah Thomas about Jerome and the fact that he's not there. Isiah tried to spin it as if to suggest Jerome might have things at home that keep him from spending a few days in Vegas with his teammates. Funny, those issues didn't come up during the all-star break, when James was in Vegas (as a tourist, of course).

I checked on Curry and I know he's been working out. He has a pretty elaborate home gym that the Knicks helped him set up and he regularly checks in with strength coach Greg Brittenham, who designed an offseason regimen specifically for him. Curry has also worked with renown fitness guru Tim Grover of Attack Athletics in Chicago. Grover has worked with many NBA players, including Michael Jordan. Quentin Richardson, who also lives in Chicago during the offseason, said Curry is working hard. "He'll be ready," Q said. Anyone listening to the broadcast last night heard Mark Aguirre say he's gone to Chicago to work out with Eddy and said "he's farther along than he was last year."

I will give Curry the respect that I trust he's taking his career serious enough to put in the offseason work. He promised his wife an anniversary trip. The guy is gone all season long, so I think it's fair to give his wife precedence in the summer. My wife would have preferred that I didn't have to go to Vegas, either!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->http://www.nypost.com/seven/07132007/sports/knicks/knicks_big_men_coming_up_small_knicks_marc_berman.htm

Thats the biggest question..they both can score BUT how will chemistry play out..Thats my biggest problem with IT signings he almost never thinks how players will mesh..

You have to give Marc Berman his PROPS on that article, because it said alot about the Knicks 23 and 33 WIN Seasons. If any Knick-Player belongs in the Knicks Bigman mini-camp in Los Vegas it have to be Eddy Curry. His non-passing-skillz when doubled is worst than his rebounding and defense which is non existing. Plus Zack Randolph showed up.

For Marc Berman to add the BIG-BUST of the two-max MLE Knick-Players in the same article with both being Frontcourt Players that are supposed to give Eddy Curry talent some improvement in the Frontcourt, but made it look like President Zeke is clueless when spending $BIG Money$ on veteran players that dont mesh together under any circumstances. Yet President/Coach Zeke have to give these players playingtime because of their huge contract which made Zeke a "SAVE-FACE" Losing Coach this past season.

First Impression:
How will all this affect how Zack Randolph look at this Knick organization, players, coaches, and Brass???

Much like Seinfield this article was much about nothing. It's full of assumptions. We don't know why Curry didn't show nor was he obligated to be there. I think it would have been great for him to show up but it wasn't a mandatory event. On the other hand, Zach Randolph did show up according to the article so what does that tell you about Zach? He is willing to be a team player and shows up to optional events.

Kiyaman

Legend
When given a one year contract for any sport it should be your main Priority to stay healthy and fit throughout that contract. The same with a 6 year contract. The Knicks BIG-MONEY Players in their Starting Lineup PROBLEM is being a TEAM!

Point well taken on everything else however, we must remember when you are a Scorer on a team you have to learn how to pass the ball to your teammates to make you a better scoring threat on a TEAM.
Example: Paul Pierce and Ray Allen NBA Career gets the majority of their points in the 4th quarter. they play Posum throughout the first three quarters just scoring here or there but in the 4th Qtr. they are liable to score 20 points in that Qtr..

When Marbury turns into Starbury all his teammates STAND AROUND on offense. When a Play is called for Eddy Curry all his teammates stand around. This is not just when these two players started playing for the Knicks this is the same thing that been happening on their previous teams before they became a Knick.
It's very bad for this Knick Team because both Zack and Crawford gets the same treatment from their teammates.
This is the reason why reporting to Mark Aquire Summer Mini-Camp session should've been (Priority) important to Curry, Zack, Crawford, and Marbury, they have to work-out together way before training camp opens. WHY? Because when any of them do not have the BALL in their hands on offense they FREEZE and become the main STAND-STILL Players on the court (and not just on offense but defense too). And do not forget that non of these players put in ANY EFFORT in their passing-skillz to make their teammates a better scorer, especially that once in a while Crawford to Curry alley-oop.
Knick-Fans hurt bad when their oponents fans say, "you may have Curry, Marbury, Crawford, and now Zack (Francis), but you only have ONE-BALL !".
The Scoring Players are on this Knick Team, but the Offense-Talent as a TEAM is missing...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
When Marbury turns into Starbury all his teammates STAND AROUND on offense. When a Play is called for Eddy Curry all his teammates stand around. This is not just when these two players started playing for the Knicks this is the same thing that been happening on their previous teams before they became a Knick.

This is the reason why reporting to Mark Aquire Summer Mini-Camp session should've been (Priority) important to Curry, Zack, Crawford, and Marbury, they have to work-out together way before training camp opens. WHY? Because when any of them do not have the BALL in their hands on offense they FREEZE and become the main STAND-STILL Players on the court (and not just on offense but defense too). And do not forget that non of these players put in ANY EFFORT in their passing-skillz to make their teammates a better scorer, especially that once in a while Crawford to Curry alley-oop.
Knick-Fans hurt bad when their oponents fans say, "you may have Curry, Marbury, Crawford, and now Zack (Francis), but you only have ONE-BALL !".
The Scoring Players are on this Knick Team, but the Offense-Talent as a TEAM is missing...

First of all... it's a voluntary BIG MAN camp... Marbury and Crawford wouldn't be able to attend since they're a few inches too short to qualify for "big man" status...

When Marbury was in Pho... he's cut to the basket and guys would set up in the corners... or set up in the post... he has always been a drive and dish guy... Curry never had to face tripple teams in Chi since he was never the focus of the offense... Knicks players not moving when Curry and Steph have the ball is IT's fault as a coach...

Say what you will... but Aguire, IT and Q Rich say that EC is ahead of schedule... the man made a promise to his wife that he doesn't see during the year to take a trip... f*ck Marc Berman... the NY Post is a coloring book anyway...