Thread: Nichols earned a contract

Veteran

Nyk Logo Nichols earned a contract

D. Nichols defense, passing, peremeter shooting, B-Ball-Instincts, and ability to play all three positions, should be signed immediately with a team that has a Curry & Zack on their team.

I like both Nichols & Chandler hustle, but Nichols outbeat Chandler in alot of small things inwhich this Knick team need. Especially his 3-point shooting.

The Knicks have 16 contracts signed to the roster. Two got to go to sign 2nd round pick Nichols...

I Think He Really Deserve A Contract If I Was Isiah, I Will Trade Or Buyout Dan Dickau And Fred Jones So That I Will Be Able To Sign Demitris Nichols. That Guy Can Ball And Ny Knicks Need Perimeter Shooter So That Eddy Curry And Randolph Will Not Be Double Team. I Don't Think Dan Dickau And Fred Jones Are The Type Of Players The Knicks Need, No Offense To Neither Players But The Knicks Need To Buy Their Contracts Out.

i don't think IT will make any roster cuts until after training camp... all the vets have been saying that IT is going to make everyone work for their spot... I agree that Nichols should get a contract over Chandler... he should get the same kind of looks playing with Zebo and EC that he's been getting in the summer league... plus he can back up 3 and 2...

Superstar

chandler's contract is guaranteed and nichols' isnt.... so only possibility is they both make the team, or just chandler. i think once we can trade the new players we got from portland well make a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 move to free up roster space.

He earned it ! I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jerome James is gone, I bet IT has called his agent and told him to prepare for it ! so only one has to go.

chandler has much better man defense than nichols....and isnt defense what we really need? we have a 2 shooters....crawford and Q

Superstar

Originally Posted by Toons
    chandler has much better man defense than nichols....and isnt defense what we really need? we have a 2 shooters....crawford and Q
    From what was seen in the summer league, we saw for a definite certainty that Nichols has a real good outside game AND plays more defense than people said he could play. What we saw from Chandler was that he played defense as people said he could and had a nice offensive game. But if you want to weigh the two players good points, You would, at least I would, say Nichols would take it, because his offensive and defensive skills that we saw over the summer was better all around than what we saw from chandler.