Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chandler and Nichols must stay?

Default Chandler and Nichols must stay?

I've watched every summer league game and the rookies are the real deal. Both rookies should be signed! They are both 6'8" with NBA bodies, range and defense. Fred Jones and Dickau can't possibly bring more to the table than those two. They most likely won't play due to the crunch at each position any. But they factor in.

Superstar

i addressed this on another thread but chandler already has a guaranteed contract. theres no way isiah is gonna just cut nichols or i think trade him. we have a greater need for a backup swingman than two backup pgs when we already have 2, so i think something will be done with the extra backup pgs or jeffries and james.

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    i addressed this on another thread but chandler already has a guaranteed contract. theres no way isiah is gonna just cut nichols or i think trade him. we have a greater need for a backup swingman than two backup pgs when we already have 2, so i think something will be done with the extra backup pgs or jeffries and james.
    we HOPE Jeffries and James...

nichols definetly deserves a spot on this team. Ive watched him at Syracuse and all summer league and hes a great scorer. We need someone like him and he may become a premier off guard in future years

Superstar

I believe we package Chandler and dickauor Jones along with someone else. We do not need another 3 or 4 at this time. Nichols can go as a backup 2 or 3. This guy can play and his shot is pretty sweet. Chandler also showed he can play as well, the only reason I say we should try to package him, is because of the people we already have at the position.

Still say w should have grabbed Alando Tucker over Chandler when we had the chance....

Veteran

Isiah Thomas biggest Problem lies right now after the 6-0 WIN Summer League Games. The Syracuse 6.8 SF/SG-Demetris Nichols (The BIGGEST Steal in the second Round).

On the truth of it all, 6.8 SF/SG-Demetris Nichols basic instinct performance fits the bill of what "Curry & Zack" will NEED in their playingtime together on court to make them a strong scoring Bigman Tandem in the NBA.

There is no other player out of the Knicks 16 signed contracts that can fit the bill better than Nichols in becoming a Dangerous Tripple-Offensive Threat with Curry & Zack on this team.

Rookie Nichols practice sessions would only be taking 500+ 3-point shots, and taking five dribbles in any direction and passing off to Curry or Zack who would be looking and moving to get that Pass on that 5th dribble, if not let the ROOKIE Shoot for the ROY!

The Curry, Zack, and Nichols lineup could turn into something very decent in the future if Rookie Nichols was signed and given just 8 straight MPG (in any quarter) at the start of the regular season with Curry & Zack. If anyone knows anything about Syracuse B-Ball philosophy than they know this would workout fine for the Knicks.
    Nichols is a STEAL in the second round if your team has two scoring threats already.

Balkman is not a scoring threat in the NBA yet, but we seen what Balkman & Nate did with Nichols inside outside game. Imagine Curry, Zack, and Marbury having Nichols cutting to different 3-point ranges while they are setting up down low for Curry or Zack. I dont see any other Knick with the height, quickness, dribble, upside, and Shooting-RANGE that could do this best alongside of Curry & Zack.

wow a lot of talk of Nichols scoring, but no one talks about how good a defender Chandler showed he can be, and truthfully that's what the Knicks need more than scoring. Don't get me wrong Nichols is a keeper in my books, and he can shoot, but on nights when the shot just isn't dropping then what else does he bring to the table? Plus scoring in the Summer Leagues doesn't say much frankly. Also it's not like Chandler can't shoot the ball

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    wow a lot of talk of Nichols scoring, but no one talks about how good a defender Chandler showed he can be, and truthfully that's what the Knicks need more than scoring. Don't get me wrong Nichols is a keeper in my books, and he can shoot, but on nights when the shot just isn't dropping then what else does he bring to the table? Plus scoring in the Summer Leagues doesn't say much frankly. Also it's not like Chandler can't shoot the ball

Chandler is alright, but Nichols got that Syracuse 3-Point shot down pack. plus he is 6.8 slim-quick with upside that could switch positions from SF to SG in seconds. Work with him on that 3-Pointshot and it makes players like Prince, Lebron, Pierce, Peterson, Stevenson, Bowen, Artest, Bell, RJ, Deng, stay out on the peremeter rather than doubling up on Curry or Zack downlow.

Nichols and Chandler outside shooting with a 6.8 fram in height made it easy for Balkman to score, rebound, and take full advantage of the paint in the Knicks Summer League Games.

You work with Nichols this season, and by the end of the season or next season you will see the results it makes on how well it is for the Knicks two Starting Bigmen to score, even if Nichols shot is off teams will still defend him with their best defender. However, it is up to Zeke to make Nichols deep Peremeter Shooting a dangerous weapon this upcomming season.

im from near cuse and love nichols and think he can be a great player; but he hasnt even played an nba game yet lets not call him the next ray allen. nichols is what we need and will fit in nicely with the SECOND UNIT. Q should play 3 and can spread the defense quit nicely himself with his shot and steller d. our rookies are good, but both will not get more then 10 minutes a game for the first half of the year.

Nichols and Chandler did very well in the summer league, but I don't see Isiah keeping them both unless he just trades players like Jeffries, James, Nate, Jones, Dickau and Rose for nothing. I think the best idea would be to have either of them play overseas for a year. The Knicks would still retain the rights of Nichols since he was a 2nd rounder.

The perfect scenerio would be to get James, Rose and Jeffries out but with their salaries and sub par seasons, that would be difficult.

If this overseas thing is true, I would let Nichols develops over there IF we retain his rights... otherwise... I say keep them both... since they are both athletic and play the passing lanes well (albeit against summer league scrubs)... Chandler is a better man to man defender though... I would keep them both if possible... I would also keep malik and look to get rid of Jones, James and Jeffries...

Nyk Logo

I think the best option for us to keep Nichols, and Chandler and just dump Jerome and Jeffries. This way those two will be the last contracts holding us back. I know we got Malik but he's a good character and we need him on our team to keep Zebo and Currie's heads right. I don't think we really need Dan Dickau either especially when we got Marty..

I don't think Jeffries will get bought out since he's 26 and in the second year of a 5 year deal... teams usually buy out older guys... I think Dikau or Jones... along with James makes the most sense... unless we can convince someone else to take Jeffries...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I didn't know you could become the real deal in the summer league...lol just playing. They look promising though.