Chandler and Nichols must stay?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Nichols and Chandler are making the team...because if they are cut over Dickau and Fred Jones then Isiah IS crazy lol. I don't see that happening though. He will make this team younger and more athletic and we will only continue to get better.

How do you make two Blunders in a row for $30 Million each (MLE) season after season (Jerome James & Jared Jefferies).
Zeke may get a A+ on draft picks, but he gets a "F" for MLE signings.
And his trades are a C-, the team has been a .400 team since his arrival.

Zeke got a second round pick in this draft (6.8 Demetris Nichols) that could play SF or SG alongside of PG-Marbury, PF-Zack, and C-Curry in their halfcourt game. In time those four players could build a dominating chemistry for this Knick Team.

Zeke will make another blunder if he let Nichols Raw talent go over seas rather than work his raw talent into a system slowly (10 MPG) with Marbury, Zack, and Curry this season. Nichols shot 39% from the 3-point line in the Summer Games. That is the type of out side threat shooting a coach could work with a player on in every practice to bring off the bench in a NBA Game with Curry, Zack, and Marbury.
A 6.8 outside threat. Sounds like 6.8 Glen Rice...

Its funny you said Glen Rice... Cuz that is exactly who this guy reminds me of game wise. Nothing fancy, just good shooter, and deliberate moves to the basket. He adds a medium range post game... guy could be deadly. But he is really at least 2 years away. They should however keep him on the team.

The knicks obviously have too many players right now...I think they should try to package robinson, jones and maybe another player for a future pick or for one player...Nate's stock might not get higher than it is right now...Mardy collins seems to have the backup position locked so we need to get rid of all these spare pieces...maybe try to package q rich in the nate deal with all these young small forwards, we dont need q rich, we need role players that will get the ball to eddy, zach and jamal.

Sort of want to respond to a post by Kiyaman near the beginning of this thread. I believe that D-Nic's pro position is the the 2 (SG). Kiya said that D-Nic needs 500 shots form the 3 in practice. ...not at all....

We know that D-Nic can shoot the 3....what he needs is more intense ball handling/ball control time

He already is a good passer, can shoot the 3, knows how to plug gaps....if he can control the ball as an off guard, he becomes an incredible mis-match.....

If his ball control holds up with his passing, D-Nic has a long pro career.....hopefully the Knicks are smart enough to keep him...

jzero29

Rotation player
Nichols and chandler

Both seem to be promising young talent, would be nice if they could find some playing time...hmmm. Who plays shooting guard that i want to get ride of....hmmmm.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Sort of want to respond to a post by Kiyaman near the beginning of this thread. I believe that D-Nic's pro position is the the 2 (SG). Kiya said that D-Nic needs 500 shots form the 3 in practice. ...not at all....

We know that D-Nic can shoot the 3....what he needs is more intense ball handling/ball control time

He already is a good passer, can shoot the 3, knows how to plug gaps....if he can control the ball as an off guard, he becomes an incredible mis-match.....

If his ball control holds up with his passing, D-Nic has a long pro career.....hopefully the Knicks are smart enough to keep him...

He also needs serious work on his man to man D and learning to box out... that 'cuse zone D doest make it easy for the transition.

wow a lot of talk of Nichols scoring, but no one talks about how good a defender Chandler showed he can be, and truthfully that's what the Knicks need more than scoring. Don't get me wrong Nichols is a keeper in my books, and he can shoot, but on nights when the shot just isn't dropping then what else does he bring to the table? Plus scoring in the Summer Leagues doesn't say much frankly. Also it's not like Chandler can't shoot the ball

No doubt about it Chandler is the more polished player overall. Moves well laterally to defend his man off the dribble. He can shoot well enough now to get solid minutes and man his position, Nichols has things to work on first. But both are keepers imo unless used in a to acquire a huge proven talent. LOL... I m with Metro though... Summer league can't make you big time lol. But if you evaluate thier talents you can see how they are useful.

Summer league is going to help the league develop players earlier and get them adjusted to the league faster. In the coming years there will be more games, and all teams. Good for the league.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I saw them play in the summer league and both have exactly what the Knicks need. Someone who can put the ball in the basket. They have very good potenial. Isiah has a tough decision to make on his hands.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I think because Chandler is polished and had a good showing is the reason the knicks should add him in on a package IF they are making another trade(which I believe they should). Isiah said the person he picks probably will ride th bench for a little while and develop and actually Nichols could see some minutes depending on who gets traded. The only reason I would say to trade Chandler, if the opportunuty arose, is because of Balkman.

Still waiting on a contract for D-Nic. Have not seen anything yet in the NY Press.

I believe the Knicks are getting this one right. when they tried out D-Nic he was the perfect fit for what ailed the Knicks last year.

Do you folks remember......they doubled down on us inside because we lacked a reliable 3 point shooter. At 6'8" D-Nic mostly cannot be blocked from the 2 guard. I think in value he was a first round quality pick for the knicks needs, but management was A-1 smart and thought they could pick him up in the 2nd round.

I hear talk of other players from last year and there shooting, fact is, they didn't get it done. For big time fans too many of you are naive on the quality of the Knicks bench (and starters).

Trust me. If trades come, D-Nic will not be shipped out cheaply. Management knows what they have in him, and are being foxy in trying to "maneuver" a trade with others to make roster space for him.

When he comes off the bench this year with his instant (almost unstoppable) offense, D-Nic will take up a lot more space on this board before this playing season is out.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I've watched every summer league game and the rookies are the real deal. Both rookies should be signed! They are both 6'8" with NBA bodies, range and defense. Fred Jones and Dickau can't possibly bring more to the table than those two. They most likely won't play due to the crunch at each position any. But they factor in.

Nichols is so much more valuable than dickau, jones, and james. Chandler is also a big factor. Definatley a good pickup there. If Isiah can fit nichols on the team roster and drop some other players, i think we would have a solid roster.

jzero29

Rotation player
Thats bad news for us.

Bye bye D-Nic

http://www.syracuse.com/articles/orangebasketball/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/118768696984100.xml&coll=1

D-Nic has changed agents. In the article above apparantly
D-Nic's agent had a covert deal with the Knicks to send him to Europe this year. When D-Nic got wind of it, he has apparantly changed agents.

He wants the NBA.

It looks like if the Knicks don't open a roster spot for him, we'll have to find some way to defend against him when he plays against us.
If we can't sign him, what a waste. There are several dead weight players on this team, Nichols has talent, if some sort of trade doesn't happen, then the knicks must cut some guarenteed contracts. Like say dickau or jones, to make room for him. If not we loose him, to another team! What a disaster that would be. Isiah must do something. Heck, even if nichols himself is included in a trade, then at least we'd get something for him.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Nichols is showing his youth right now. He has to try to exhibit some patience. The Knicks clearly have plans for him. Why woul the organization give him access to the training facilty if he wasn't factored in team plans? The young fella just need to relax.

Trin_Starr

Starter
dr. carpy - ur right, he needs to relax :)
with the knicks looking to pull off a trade to shorten the roster - it's better for him to be of it for now ....after all, the knicks can't trade what they don't have

jzero29

Rotation player
actually thats not true, they can trade him right now.

dr. carpy - ur right, he needs to relax :)
with the knicks looking to pull off a trade to shorten the roster - it's better for him to be of it for now ....after all, the knicks can't trade what they don't have
Nichols, is tradable now, but once signed, he has to wait 30 days to be traded. You'd trade his draft rights before he's signed and the other team would have to sign him, that is the weird rookie rule, that won't allow teams to trade after they signed him for 30 days after contract is signed.
He performed well in summer league, and want a chance in the NBA, not over seas. He's proved himself enough to know that other teams will be interested, if the knicks can't fit him on the roster.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
With Nichols, he's got no choice. We own his rights exclusively. He has to wait just like the rest of us for a move to come down.