Larry Johnson was back in NY

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
LJ was one of the best Knicks of all time. He had heart and was the voice of reason and leadership in the locker room. He was no Ewing or Clyde but he held this team down season after season, helping Spreewell and Houston carry this team to the finals wile playing out of his natural position of small forward to fulfill the Knicks void at power forward. All of this was done with a serious back injury. The man is a warrior. We need that type of leadership in NY.

Starks

Starter
A Larry Johnson night would be great for the fans.

We owe farewell's to him, Houston, and Mason.

Thers no downside to having a farewell night. It sure as hell beats Towel night.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
A Larry Johnson night would be great for the fans.

We owe farewell's to him, Houston, and Mason.

Thers no downside to having a farewell night. It sure as hell beats Towel night.

I was with you up until you said have an Allan Houston appreciation night....

I can see...

Larry Johnson. ehh okay..Oakley been deserved one...Mason without question...as much as I will always despise John Starks for his famous 2-18...him over Allan Houston without question. Houston was not a real KNICK. Period. Houston had one shot, one moment. Takes more than that in my book. Starks only gets over because he had one fucked up moment, and a lot more key moments...of course the Finals was the most key..but you get my point.

He'll even Sprewell I think deserves one...but that might be pushing it.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
You getting me mad right now ^ Houston averaged 17.9 points in the nine seasons with the knicks, and you are saying he dosen't deserve anything, you really got to stop smoking I think Metro is right. Go Support the Suns and get out of this forum.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
You getting me mad right now ^ Houston averaged 17.9 points in the nine seasons with the knicks, and you are saying he dosen't deserve anything, you really got to stop smoking I think Metro is right. Go Support the Suns and get out of this forum.

Get one thing straight I was raised on the KNICKS and will always be a fan. But I think some of you folks that praise Allan Houston too much get blinded by the stats and the highlight reels they show on MSG and classics.

Houston was never a true Knick. He never played defensive, and was nothing but a jump shooter. Teams when they played us, all you had to do to stop Houston was put a body on him and bump him because he was only going to take maybe 2 dribbles and either put it up...or pass. He wasn't going to drive to the lane and score like so many far far greater 2G's in the league.

I'm not blaming him for getting his astronomical far overpaid contract...but when you making 20 million a season..it comes with the territory. So he never lived up to the hype. I'm grateful he nailed the runner in Miami...but when I think about him..and the 2 I believe 50 pt plus games he had that's all there is....

He didn't play with the fire and heart of a John Starks, even though I'd grant you far better shooter and scorer than John was any day of the week, but it can't be just based on numbers all the time. Houston was too soft to be considered a TRUE KNICK in my opinion. And I will always see him as such...

And in my opinion wasn't till they got Sprewell, Camby..when those late 90's knicks took off...eventhough they had Houston a few years prior to their arrival. So in my view Spree and Camby set Allan up more than anything else..remove those 2 from the equation...he was not every good...nothing more than a statistical player.

You don't like what I'm saying tough shit...I remember crying my eyes out when they lost in 94...I remember what great KNICK teams looked like...and Houston just doesn't measure up to being a KNICK in my view.