Knicks 07-08

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
What are your predictions next season for our Knicks? Stats, players who will shine and who will not, standings, etc?

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Knick's should win at least 42 games...and maybe garner an 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs this year. So I say 42-40.

As far as who will shine...David Lee I think can win either 6th man of the year, or Most Improved Player, then again so can Robinson.

I think Zach Randolph will see some of his numbers drop off because he'll have to lean on other players less he comes off the bench then he can just roam free.

Curry hopefully learns to be a DEFENSIVE force in the middle along to go with his low post offensive game, and he LEARNS TO PASS OUT of the double team.

Marbury you never know which one is going to show up..I hope he does not talk to the media and just let's his game speak because I'm really tired of his excuses.

QRich needs to shit or get off the pot. If he does not come through this season his career you might as well say is over.

Crawford needs to show he can do more than penetrate and score the basketball.

Robinson as I said he can win 6th man or MIP...but he needs to show he can keep his emotions in check and play the game now as a PROFESSIONAL.

Balkman needs playing time to confirm whether he really was a smart move in the draft over a Marcus Williams or Josh Boone.

Jerome James needs to be cut...

Jared Jeffries need to be traded for another player at the MLE...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I see us winning 44 wins and capture 6 - 8 seed (depending on the rest of the conference)...

I hope Curry can put up those Aguire numbers... I expect him to improve his rebounding/boxing out, passing and post defense... if he can be decent at 2/3 either... we have a much better record...

Zebo... scoring should take a hit... but should still be around 20 and 10... hopefully Aguire can teach him how to move his man off the block...

Q-Rich... health... he should be able to play as well as he did early last season (with better offensive production)...

Balkman... MIP...

DLee... mid range jumper and better handle... hopefully his timing will improve so he can be a better help defender...

Steph... now that he's bought into IT's system... should have a much better year... I expect consistent man-to-man defense and leadership from whistle to whistle...

Crawford... needs to improve his offensive awareness... work on mid range consistency and play within the team game plan...

Robinson... play under control... hopefully can average 4 - 5 assists off the bench...

I agree. Good post.

Haha...i dont think thats much of a good post if youve followed the knicks last year and this offseason.

Sure, Lee will be considered for 6th man, but most improved player? If he was to ever win that award it would have been last year. I dont think hell be improving much on his numbers, but he will still be a huge asset to the team.

Nate Robisnon will 100% not be a 6th man or MIP consideration because hell be like 10th man off the bench. Collins, Lee, Balkman, Fred Jones (if he stays) will all be getting more minutes than Nate because Nate can only score and there is plenty of scoring on the Knicks elsewhere. He will be nice to bring off the bench as a sparkplug, but lets not blow his performance in the summer league out of proportion.

Balkman doesnt need to prove that he is a better pick than Marcus Williams or Josh Boone. He hustles like no other player on the Knicks team, and is growing into a legit NBA small forwards. This man is able to blocks shots and dribble out on the break and either knock down the shot or make smart passes. There is a reason why Isaiah said there is absolutely no chance he will trade Balkman or Lee for Artest.

Everything else said by Knicks Fan is already understood. Curry is a bitch and needs to pick up the intensity, marbury needs to become a better team player, crawford needs to learn how to guard somebody and play better team ball, and Q needs to lose some lbs and stay healthy.

Thats great, everyone knows that.

Sorry for being a downer in the post, but oh well.

Kiyaman

Legend
What about the Coach? or the Knicks coaching of these players?

Predictions can not be made when you have Isiah Thomas as the President/Coach. Especially optimistic predictions in the offseason with 16 contracts and an unsigned 2nd round draft pick that is NBA Ready for this team.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
balkman is definitely MIP and him or lee will be sixth man i think.

In order for balkman to win Most Improved Player he has to consistantly hit an outside jumper, and he didnt even get one in 5 games in the summer league. Hes still the man, but ill give him an extra yr b4 he takes to the next level. As he is right now, hes great off the bench but wont challenge to start becuase of his weaknesses in the half court offense.

jzero29

Rotation player
Over optimistic.

I do think nate robinson has made a great improvement based on his performance in the vegas summer league, but also think about this, it was against only a few NBA players, practically no proven players are even in the league. More than half the players in the league won't see a minute in the regular season because they are not yet at NBA skill level. Not to take away from his performance, it was a great performance against bright young talent. He dominated and made his team win. Now we need to see him take it to the NBA level. Then I'll be all about Nate the MIP.
Second I agree Lee has little to no shot at MIP, Only because he was really good last year. Yes he can improve, but his rebounding is a big part of his game and he's already a stud. Point being he was a rebounding stud last year, avg 10 rpg i don't think he'll he can increase that number to much 2 or 3 maybe. his scoring was so so(10ppg), and he could improve greatly with a consistent mid range jumper. But How much will his scoring improve with the addition of zach randolph and Balkmans increasing role. Where do you see the shot opportunities comming from? I can't see him avg 20 with those other players around. He will get his points off of hustle plays, steals off. rebounds fast breaks. just like last year. It would be nice to see him start to develope that shot, but I can't see it being a knick focus. As for 6th man, If he performs like he does now, boosts his scoring/rebounding as much as possible to around 14-16ppg 12-14rpg.
Crawford forget about. I posted last year i can't stand him. Yeah when he played he had a good scoring avg, but he took more shots than anyone else except curry before Crawford got hurt. His field goal pct was terrible for most of the season, when you are taking 20 shots a game, your points are bound to be there. He started coming around at the end of the season, but then got hurt. Plus he's a defensive liability to go along with several other soft defensive players most important Curry.
Most NBA centers are there to protect the paint when a weak def. guard like crawford gets beat. But the knicks guards and forwards need to protect their center from guys beating them off the dribble. So crawford is no good.

Haha...i dont think thats much of a good post if youve followed the knicks last year and this offseason.

Sure, Lee will be considered for 6th man, but most improved player? If he was to ever win that award it would have been last year. I dont think hell be improving much on his numbers, but he will still be a huge asset to the team.

Nate Robisnon will 100% not be a 6th man or MIP consideration because hell be like 10th man off the bench. Collins, Lee, Balkman, Fred Jones (if he stays) will all be getting more minutes than Nate because Nate can only score and there is plenty of scoring on the Knicks elsewhere. He will be nice to bring off the bench as a sparkplug, but lets not blow his performance in the summer league out of proportion.

Balkman doesnt need to prove that he is a better pick than Marcus Williams or Josh Boone. He hustles like no other player on the Knicks team, and is growing into a legit NBA small forwards. This man is able to blocks shots and dribble out on the break and either knock down the shot or make smart passes. There is a reason why Isaiah said there is absolutely no chance he will trade Balkman or Lee for Artest.

Everything else said by Knicks Fan is already understood. Curry is a bitch and needs to pick up the intensity, marbury needs to become a better team player, crawford needs to learn how to guard somebody and play better team ball, and Q needs to lose some lbs and stay healthy.

Thats great, everyone knows that.

Sorry for being a downer in the post, but oh well.

Did you say that Balkman can knock down the shot! Let's not hope that you're not planning to be a NBA scout by 2020, just playing...I would love to see Balkman knocking down jumpers but that aspect isnt there yet, but he has a solid work ethic so there is no reason to think he can't or won't develope a J

I can't make any predictions but I can tell you what is needed to make us a playoff team

Z Bo: Becomes more of a team player, realizes 23 and 10 are nice but 40 plus wins lands you in the playoffs, also some focus on defense won't hurt. We're better if he puts up 19 pts 12 rebs, 3 or 4 assist ( either to Eddy or to open perimeter players)

Eddy : Probably a little frustrating for him considering he could've averaged 23 pts this season, but again if he wants to win. He's content on 19 pts, 9 rebs, and a much neede Blk per game

Q: stay healthy, knock down the J, keep up the D, get to the free throw line more often by using his once very nice post up game ( more IT call than his) and stay active on the boards. We need from him around 10-11 pts, 7 boards, a steal wouldn't hurt, and 38-40% from behind the line.

Jamal: He has to stay under control on offense, when his shot is not dropping he needs to figure out other ways to help the team. Numbers: 14 pts 5 assist and a steal. I thought that Larry Brown said that he was our best on the ball defender two years ago, I missed mostly every game last season ( Moved somewhere that didn't have NBA Leagu Pass) so I can't say anything about how he D'd up last year, but he'll have to play D this year for us to be good. Also he's going to have to do the little things like disrupt passing lanes, taking charges, and making extra passes....Basically that two man game he ran with Eddy, but with the whole team!

Steph- Basically become Steve Nash, while he might not ever be as good at it as Nash, I really beleive Steph can become a player who gets a high number of assist while scoring 11 pts or so. But is that what he wants? I'd like to think so. He'll need to be the purest point guard in the East with this lineup! Stats needed: 11 pts about 10 assist, about 1.5 steals. These are actually his numbers when he first came to NY minus the scoring burden. I think if he got these numbers nightly he should be an All Star again.

David Lee: No pressure just do what you did last year, maybe knock down a couple of jumpers ( showed he can rookie season) to get him more minutes. 10 pts 11 rebs

Balkman : A little presssure now that he's expected to produce, handled pressure well last year, so this year he responds as well. 8 pts 7 rebs 1 blk and a couple of steals ( ok maybe just one) very likely with this kids heart and energy

Mardy : Can he handle the pressure of being a marked man now ( see Channing Frye) ? Also coming off an injury poses a little concern, but Mardy is Cheaney coached, meaning he's tough minded and focused. 6 pts, 5 assist, 4 rebs, 1 or 2 steals. I love his versatility

Nate: I don't care what summmer league says to yall- but Nate is no PG, and with Mardy on the bench w/ him he doesn't need to be. I like him better driving and shooting. I can see him putting up last years numbers again. 10 pts, 2 assist, 37 or better from behind the 3, and most important less TO's

Malik: Keep being proffesional ! Stats don't matter just be that leader for us!

Jefferies: Needs to work on that offense, can he earn playing time if everyone does their part? With Q's back still shaky to me and someone is bound to go down, he'll get to play. 6pts , 6 rebs, 2 assist, and sound man to man D

Nichols and Chandler : Assuming everyone is playing this well ( I can dream can't I) then they won't get much burn, but they should both continue to work because they could be a huge part of our future

Jerome James: Retire! no just playing, but I don't know what he can do for us, Seriously anything I can think of he hasn't shown is realistic to think he can do, alright he can come in represent a defensive presence for us like he did those few games after the All Star Break. 0 pts 3 rebs and 1 blk in 10 mins.
Fred and Dan: don't know enough about them to say what can be expected, but if Fred can D, then that is always a plus, and Dan could serve as another playmaker for us

Naturally all of them can't make the team, but this is what I think those who do make the team can bring....but my ideal starting 5 is still

Mardy
Q
Chandler or Balk
Z Bo
Eddy

I know it's not at all likely, but just what I think would be most effective

portega1968

El Cacique
from this post we can conclude that the top 8 contenders for the Most Improved Player of the Year Award 2007 will be all Knicks... jajajajajja

Knicks will make the playoffs this year and Isiah will trade either Curry or ZRand for a defensive juggernaut in the middle. Well probably see Crawford, Nate and Jeffries shipped out in such a deal... and I'm praying for Jerome James to be vanished.

jzero29

Rotation player
good starting 5

but my ideal starting 5 is still

Mardy
Q
Chandler or Balk
Z Bo
Eddy

I know it's not at all likely, but just what I think would be most effective

Nice starting five, I agree good points in post. Not everyone can avg 20ppg. The shots have to be spread out and I like jamaals Curry's 2 man game now plus randolph, Who also could play 2 man with curry, who can than dish either back to randolph for mid range or crawfor deep or cutting. Crawford really has to be more consistent though. I'd like to see marbury take over that role with curry and randolph, he's a better outside threat than crawford, better shooter in general.

Nate won't be here. He will most certainly be traded. His value won't be any higher than it is off the summer league. He does not fit the Knicks plans based on what Collins showed late last year. That is the reason Collins did not play in the summer league, not necessarily the knee scope. Zeke don't want him on the market. Wise move. Nate will likely be involved in the very next deal Zeke makes which hopefully brings Artest here.

Curry needs to play the same minutes, and play better on the defensive end. By a lot. Hopefully he will.

Zach Needs to find his niche quiuckly.

Lee needs to deal with less minutes, but give the same bang.

Steph and Crawford need to both play how they were later in the season all season.

Balkman and Collins need to be better than last year.

We need something from Jefferies.

Possibly see Morris play. He seems to have something.

And possibly a shot blocker added.

Could win 45 games now I believe... if ya add Artest you should get no less than 50.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
To early to say. On paper we're the 3rd best team in the east but I doubt it will play out that way. No question this is a playoff team. It was a play off team when we had Francis and Frye.

Starting Line up
Marbury
Crawford
Richardson
Randolph
Curry

The players that should watch out are Crawford and Richardson. We've got a bench that is stacked in those two positions SG and SF. I can see Balkman starting in the place of Crawford (Richardson would move to SG). There are lots of possibilities for our squad and all look bright. I wouldn't mind seeing Richardson/Crawford shipped out for younger, more consistent, healthy and less expensive players.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Who knows whats going to happen. They are good on paper but that doesnt win games. The coaches will need to run plays, something they didnt do as much as they should have last season, the coaches will also have to find a way to make randolph Curry ridiculous experiment work.. i dont have confidence in that but hey. And finally the coaches will have to find a way to start preaching defense to this team. perimeter defense mainly and good help defense. if those three things get addressed, the knicks could win 50 games. I dont think the players themselves need to be looked at as much as I believe the coaching staff needs to be looked at to see how the knicks will fare next season.

Who knows whats going to happen. They are good on paper but that doesnt win games. The coaches will need to run plays, something they didnt do as much as they should have last season, the coaches will also have to find a way to make randolph Curry ridiculous experiment work.. i dont have confidence in that but hey. And finally the coaches will have to find a way to start preaching defense to this team. perimeter defense mainly and good help defense. if those three things get addressed, the knicks could win 50 games. I dont think the players themselves need to be looked at as much as I believe the coaching staff needs to be looked at to see how the knicks will fare next season.

Zeke did get Brad Miller and Jermaine Oneal to work fine... Matter of fact, all star caliber.

To early to say. On paper we're the 3rd best team in the east but I doubt it will play out that way. No question this is a playoff team. It was a play off team when we had Francis and Frye.

Starting Line up
Marbury
Crawford
Richardson
Randolph
Curry

The players that should watch out are Crawford and Richardson. We've got a bench that is stacked in those two positions SG and SF. I can see Balkman starting in the place of Crawford (Richardson would move to SG). There are lots of possibilities for our squad and all look bright. I wouldn't mind seeing Richardson/Crawford shipped out for younger, more consistent, healthy and less expensive players.

There is no way Balkman starts at 2 on this team. Too many better options. Need a scorer in that spot. If no trade develops for Artest however, Balkman very well could take Q's spot at some point if he is not the same due to the surgery.

Right now, you have to love Lee and Balkman off the bench as they continue to develop... gives the Knicks two fo the best bench players in the league. It's All up to the frontline defense, mainly Eddie. Most of the time he is non existant on the def end. Hopefully he can just pay more attention... And stop allowing the little guys to lay him up. It's not like he does not have the athleticism to be a solid defender.