Crawford??The Real Deal???

CoolClyde

Crawfish!

Crawfish is a starter who has improved his shot selection, his assists, and, I agree, has one of the best crossovers in the league, hitting the hoop, scoring in and out of the paint, in the clutch, and getting into a (shooter's) zone. last season his on-court rapport with Curry was one of the reasons the big man broke out. A healthy Knick team with Zack will be a much better team, Crawfish with a healthy shot selection can easily be a Rip Hamilton-type all star-calibre player. :crossfingers:

Crawfish is delicious!
CC

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
The solution to Craw being a top flight 2 in the NBA is simple. All he has to do is spend a few weeks with Jerome James and Zach Randolph, eat what those fat bastards eat and gain a few pounds. Then he has to realize how in effect his injury caused the Knicks not to make the playoffs and then inturn realize how important he is to the team. Then he needs to curb those bad shots and bam... there you go.. you have a player who can work his way past those screeens because he would have bulked up, you will have a player who has confidence in knowing he is an important clog in making this team a real contender.

Wow..

Jamal had his best season last year in the pro's, yet we're killin him.

His assist went up, he had way better shot selection, and was OK defensively.

He can break his man down at anytime during the game, and his passing was superb. His problem has always been shot selection offensively... last year he took huge steps to correcting that. And the Knicks missed the playoffs because he was hurt. Better believe it.

I think the east in in for a serious problem this season based on how he and Steph both changed their games for the betterment of the team. Steph knew when to turn it on, and when to let JC and Curry do them ( check out the 52 point game vs Wade and co ) Plus Crawford in late games is pretty money... don't matter what he seems to shoot during the game, come the last 5 minutes... somehow... he seems to hit everything. He even hit the game winner in his last game before the injury.

You have to think now that JC, Steph and Curry all played together in Zeke's system a year, they'd know right where to start off. Sky is really the limit for Jamal if he continues to play toward his strengths...

You know, stats can be a little deceptive. All I'm sayin is most of the stats u posted there are tenths of a percent diff. Thats virtually no change, so i'll grant you he hasn't statistically improved each year. And I dunno who said that he did.

I think the most important stats u mentioned were his assists and turnovers...turnovers up .53 versus assists up.6. those were the only siginifigant ones I think. ( its hard to keep checking back on ur numbers in that huge block of text.) That would be positive numbers.

But my fav part of ur post was u pointing out Mardy Collins poor fg%.
I used to cring everytime that kid came on the court. He was always good for a poor shot, foul, odd turnover or some other screw up. He proved himself a better player with his increaed minutes towards the end of the season, but no body ever mentions it here, the jury is still way way out on that kid.

well um, thats a lil embarrassin cause my previous post was a response to jzero29, and it turns out hes in the other crawford thread and honest to god I have no idea how that happened.
A lil technically challenged here.
mea culpa

jzero29

Rotation player
You know, stats can be a little deceptive. All I'm sayin is most of the stats u posted there are tenths of a percent diff. Thats virtually no change, so i'll grant you he hasn't statistically improved each year. And I dunno who said that he did.

I think the most important stats u mentioned were his assists and turnovers...turnovers up .53 versus assists up.6. those were the only siginifigant ones I think. ( its hard to keep checking back on ur numbers in that huge block of text.) That would be positive numbers.

But my fav part of ur post was u pointing out Mardy Collins poor fg%.
I used to cring everytime that kid came on the court. He was always good for a poor shot, foul, odd turnover or some other screw up. He proved himself a better player with his increaed minutes towards the end of the season, but no body ever mentions it here, the jury is still way way out on that kid.
In my other thread, I showed his best stat years, this last season was comparable but not as good as the other two(all his career highs are in other 2003-04 Chicago and 2004-05 NY. His assist I credit to eddy curry, but they were just as good in 2004-05 and career high in 2003-04 they were over 0.7 assist higher(5.1 v.s.4.4 in 2006-07). I repeat i like crawford, if he plays good and they win i'll love him. I think crawford needs to improve his fg% and that comes from better shot selection, which he's displayed but for some games but also he falls into bad habbits and taking bad shots often. Forcing them up when he's off. They haven't been winning, and thats what they need. They could get a more consisten crawford or any other sg in league. FG% is a measure of consistency.
My other point is mardy collins was a rookie, who had limited playing time and made rookie mistakes. We'll see who has more consisten year this year. I don't think collins will get playing time and chances to show us if he improved. It's his rookie season and you were right he was good for a screw up and an aweful shot, but at the end of the season when he was getting some time, he started to show signs of improvement. We'll see. Let crawford make an idiot of me and my posts. I'd love nothing more! Crawford has become more consistent shooter, but he is still among the league most inconsistent guards. If he can change that, i'll get his jersey.

Kiyaman

Legend
On this Knick Team 16-man Roster Crawford is a Starter. He is the only ledgit NBA SG on this Knick Team. Plus he is familiar with Marbury style of play.
He needs to cut down on all that dribbling on every play, and start practicing how to pass the ball or learn how to pass off of his dribble.

Crawford & Marbury are very POOR DEFENDERS! we Knick-Fans know this and so do the league.

Are Crawford & Marbury WINNERS together? should be the Main TOPIC of any post with Crawford name on it.

Are they Starters and Finishers?
Do they compliment each others performance?
Do they Perform at a .500 % mark for the team? more? or Less?
What other Knick teammate plays best with them?

Dont dream up what kind of weapon Crawford, Marbury, and Curry will be with the new addition of Zack. We dont know how Zack performance will be with his new teammates, or playing in the Eastern Conference.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
On this Knick Team 16-man Roster Crawford is a Starter. He is the only ledgit NBA SG on this Knick Team. Plus he is familiar with Marbury style of play.
He needs to cut down on all that dribbling on every play, and start practicing how to pass the ball or learn how to pass off of his dribble.

Crawford & Marbury are very POOR DEFENDERS! we Knick-Fans know this and so do the league.

Are Crawford & Marbury WINNERS together? should be the Main TOPIC of any post with Crawford name on it.

Are they Starters and Finishers?
Do they compliment each others performance?
Do they Perform at a .500 % mark for the team? more? or Less?
What other Knick teammate plays best with them?

Dont dream up what kind of weapon Crawford, Marbury, and Curry will be with the new addition of Zack. We dont know how Zack performance will be with his new teammates, or playing in the Eastern Conference.

Why do you keep saying steph is a poor defender?
steph and craw don't exactly compliment each other... since both need to dominate the ball to be effective within the offense... and since neither moves well without the rock... BUT... together... they inspire the garden and run the offense efficiently...

play best with Lee, Richardson, Curry and Balkman...

Kiyaman

Legend
Stephon Marbury is a poor defender. Playing one season of being a decent defender out of eleven seasons in the NBA does not qualify Marbury as being a player that you could count on for defense in a 82 game season.

Jason Kidd is a poor one on one defender vs Star Guards however, Kidds help-defense with his teammates is outstanding, it leads to easy fastbreak scoring for his teammates.

The Marbury & Crawford show has yet to show consistent chemistry with any of their Knick teammates for one entire season yet. They are just TOO Inconsistent on both sides of the court.

metrocard

Legend
Stephon Marbury is a poor defender. Playing one season of being a decent defender out of eleven seasons in the NBA does not qualify Marbury as being a player that you could count on for defense in a 82 game season.

Jason Kidd is a poor one on one defender vs Star Guards however, Kidds help-defense with his teammates is outstanding, it leads to easy fastbreak scoring for his teammates.

The Marbury & Crawford show has yet to show consistent chemistry with any of their Knick teammates for one entire season yet. They are just TOO Inconsistent on both sides of the court.

Marbury was always an average defender for most of his career. Most guards in the NBA don't play a lot defense to start with, comparing Marbury's defensive career to your everyday PG's career...he's pretty average.

This year, he was top 3 at his position man to man defense.

nyk_nyk

All Star
While Crawford is a clutch player I don't think he will ever be a dominant player in the NBA. I think "dominant" players perform at a high level on both sides of the floor and Crawford isn't the most consistent defender.

To his credit though I do think he is better than half the SGs in the league.