Nate Robinson MVP

Kiyaman

Legend
To all those Knick-Fan Players out there that keep saying trade Nasty Nate Robinson, did Nate change any of his game in this Summer League from his Rookie and solphmore season? the answer is NO!

Head Coach Isiah Thomas forced Nate Robinson to play a Halfcourt-offense on every offensive possession of his playingtime in his second season in the NBA. By playing Nate with stiff teammates like Jefferies, Francis, Marbury, and Curry this past season. Not to mention Head Coach Isiah calling every offensive play from the bench while Nate was the PG (letting the oposition know whats expected)

Nasty Nate Robinson Skillz and talents has improved to the next level (A bonafied Backup like Barbosa) and so many Knick-Fans does not see it because of Nate High Light in a Knick losing game to promote his Dunking Contest Award. When Nate showed that his talents can go beyond by coping and playing into the Marbury-mode, the Starbury-mode, the Franchise-mode, and the Crawford-mode anytime he wanted to. Only thing is Nate dont make as many Turnovers as those three players. And his DEFENSE is much better than the three because all NBA oponents recall Nate Blocking 7.5 Yao shot inwhich they become extra cautious around Nate athletic abilties.

Knick-Fans expecting Nate to play a Halfcourt offensive game on every offensive possesion is the samething as making Kidd & Nash only play a halfcourt offense. Remember Jason Kidd in Dallas? and Nash first 3 years in Dallas? where they were force to play into a halfcourt offense where the Head Coach called all the offensive plays? It did not work. Jason Kidd got out of Dallas so fast that alot of B-Ball Fans forgot that he was drafted by Dallas. I'm not saying Nate is as good as Kidd or Nash however, Nate is a RUNNING-PG like Kidd & Nash, especially when they have two or more teammates that will run with them.

So Nate Robinson WON the MVP in the Summer League Games, which mean very little to Knick-Fans because Head Coach Isiah Thomas has his head so far up Marbury 35 MPG (losing performance) Halfcourt Game that he went out of his way this offseason in getting Marbury another Halfcourt offensive Player Zack Randolph. What does that do for the Knicks young players who want a fast transition game to improve their talents and skillz in a open court? It makes them only show 40% of their skillz and talents...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
If you want to win the NBA title you have to be able to play halfcourt ball. Anyways, that said we're setting up an excellent change of pace team. 1st unit Vs. 2nd unit. This something we now have over Phoenix. They only play one speed. We have the ability to do both. Nate numbers kill Dan Dickau. So when I read posts to ship out Nate and keep Dickau, I find it comical. Anyone who would post that should watch more ball. Plus with all the things you can find online you can learn. Plus do you get traded 7 times cause your an attribute? Let's real, Jones and Dickau are salary dump.

Nate Robinson

PPG 10.1
RPG 2.4
APG 1.4
SPG 0.8
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.434
FT% 0.777
3P% 0.390
MPG 21.2

Dan Dickau

PPG 3.3
RPG 0.9
APG 1.4
SPG 0.3
BPG 0.0
FG% 0.358
FT% 0.792
3P% 0.262
MPG 8.9

jzero29

Rotation player
Draft picks vs trades

I love Isiahs draft picks, not so much his trades. As much as they say dickau and jones aren't just throw ins to the randolph trade, they are.
I'd love to see robison, collins nichols, chandler, balkman,lee get good playing time and develope. We don't need underachieving vets like jones and dickau to take away minutes. I'd even shave Crawfords minutes. But I don't like him. He can still turn it around.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Kiyaman you've got to move past your despite for Thomas. No coach in the history of this league is going to change his offensive skim for a single player. As specially a bench player. I like Nate, I like what he's done in the 'Summer League' but it was just that, a summer league. It's up to the player to make the adjustment. That being said we've got a problem. We've got too many talented players on the roster. That's a good problem to have. I'd like to dump the long term contracts like Richardson, Jeffries, James and Crawford for a serious three point perimeter shooter. The real key is to pick up short term contracts expiring in 2 or 3 years.

jzero29

Rotation player
Anyways, that said we're setting up an excellent change of pace team. 1st unit Vs. 2nd unit. This something we now have over Phoenix. They only play one speed. We have the ability to do both....when I read posts to ship out Nate and keep Dickau, I find it comical. Anyone who would post that should watch more ball.

This is ridiculous. Are you kidding me? phoenix can't play half court? I guess amare stoudemire and marion aren't good post up players? Raja bell and barbossa aren't good slashers and cutters and have no outside shot.I guess MVP assist machine steve nash doesn't use pick-n-rolls or screens and can't penetrate in half court? Talk about needing to watch more ball?!! Yes, Phoneix's stregth is the fast break but make no mistake they can play half court, thats what made them so versatile. Tey had stamina to play fast for long time, tire out other teams. Eddy curry is not as in good shape as Stoudemire, eddy's body wants to be a plodder?heavy footed center. His Youth and good quick feet make him able to move right now. But eventually during a game and long season his body wins. Making him useless as we saw down the stretch of the season. I agree we have an up beat team, in some senses, But not close to phoenix. They have stamina our players lack. Their first six guys nash stoudemire marion diaw barbossa bell and now maybe Grant hill, can run forever. Can u see Curry,randolph and q-rich doing that most of a game? We need the half court for a break for our plodders. Phoenix doesn't, but they still have it, for when they get slowed down. We have our share of high energy guys robinson,lee,balkman,crawford. But phoenix starting 5 and 6th man are insane and they play really good half court. They just don't waste time with ball control. So even in half court they move fast/high energy. Curry is not a center for that type of game, garnet, camby and dirk are. Jamal magloire could be good. CUrry is more the old grind it out center who over powers and while he's young has quick feet to beat u with. Much like shaq, when he was young, except less dominant.

San Antonio, Miami, Lakers HALF court teams with plenty of rings( with the exception of Miami. )I know that the talent level was different than our team but they got rings. ShairanXIII your absolutly right.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Nasty Nate Robinson Skillz and talents has improved to the next level (A bonafied Backup like Barbosa) ... Only thing is Nate dont make as many Turnovers as those three players. And his DEFENSE is much better than the three because all NBA oponents recall Nate Blocking 7.5 Yao shot inwhich they become extra cautious around Nate athletic abilties.

Knick-Fans expecting Nate to play a Halfcourt offensive game on every offensive possesion is the samething as making Kidd & Nash only play a halfcourt offense. Remember Jason Kidd in Dallas? and Nash first 3 years in Dallas? where they were force to play into a halfcourt offense where the Head Coach called all the offensive plays? It did not work. Jason Kidd got out of Dallas so fast that alot of B-Ball Fans forgot that he was drafted by Dallas. I'm not saying Nate is as good as Kidd or Nash however, Nate is a RUNNING-PG like Kidd & Nash, especially when they have two or more teammates that will run with them.

So Nate Robinson WON the MVP in the Summer League Games, which mean very little to Knick-Fans because Head Coach Isiah Thomas has his head so far up Marbury 35 MPG (losing performance) Halfcourt Game that he went out of his way this offseason in getting Marbury another Halfcourt offensive Player Zack Randolph. What does that do for the Knicks young players who want a fast transition game to improve their talents and skillz in a open court? It makes them only show 40% of their skillz and talents...

dog what are you talking about. nate's d is average at best and noone is afraid of his little ass. if anything people would wanna dunk on him more. i dont think anyone gets extra cautious... yao went all the way back him with that shot and nate managed to block him coming up with it. its not like he jumped up to the rim to stuff ihm. he is a bonafide backup but thats all he will be. barbosa is more than a backup and plays 20-30 mins. nash and kidd are much better passers and rebounders (which is key to starting the break) than nate. also they had more players suited to run - q cant, lee isnt a great runner cause hes rebounding, curry and z-bo you know. our team really isnt built to run other than balkman and maybe some of the rooks, who for the most part dont get all the playing time. why the hell would you run a system for people who arent getting the minutes? who are the knicks players being held back by not running?

jzero29

Rotation player
My point wasn't fast break team are champs

When was the last fast break team that won a title? it's okay... I'll wait...

My point wasn't fast break teams win, it was that phoenix is a better team. Are running game isn't good as others have stated. So we don't have fast break dominated offense. Also I think Phoenix's half court beats us also. They have so many valid options, cutting slashing shooting dunking. I think we have great low post offense but the rest of half court, not so much, screens pick and rolls? Very few last year. I believe that if any team will win a championship as a run and gun offense phoenix will. Either way. I'm still looking forward to the KNicks season.

Kiyaman

Legend
dog what are you talking about. nate's d is average at best and noone is afraid of his little ass. if anything people would wanna dunk on him more. i dont think anyone gets extra cautious... yao went all the way back him with that shot and nate managed to block him coming up with it. its not like he jumped up to the rim to stuff ihm. he is a bonafide backup but thats all he will be. barbosa is more than a backup and plays 20-30 mins. nash and kidd are much better passers and rebounders (which is key to starting the break) than nate. also they had more players suited to run - q cant, lee isnt a great runner cause hes rebounding, curry and z-bo you know. our team really isnt built to run other than balkman and maybe some of the rooks, who for the most part dont get all the playing time. why the hell would you run a system for people who arent getting the minutes? who are the knicks players being held back by not running?

Nate Robinson, Lee, Frye, and Balkman are all great at being a 6th-Man off the bench for more than half the teams in the league.
All three score consistently in a running offensive game.
Your two question was:
1) why the hell would you run a system for people who arent getting the minutes?
You are absolutely right because Frye, Lee, Nate, and Rookie Balkman earned playingtime last season that was not given to them because of Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" poor veteran players.

2) who are the knicks players being held back by not running?

How many times last season did you see this group on the court for the Knicks: PG-Nate, SG-Crawford, SF-Balkman, PF-Lee, and C-Frye.
That 5 man crew was better than any lineup Zeke put out on the court last season. But Zeke like alot of Fans say they are not experienced. Bull!

Do anyone recall the Chicago lineup with Second season PG-Hindrich, SG-Ben Gordon, SF-Deng, Pf-Nocioni, and C-Chandelor? this was Chicago CrunchTime lineup with THREE Rookies in it that Finally took the Bulls to their first Post Season apperance since the Jordan era...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
who else did they have that was any good? most of our vet players arent scrubs and as a result unless they suck it up theyre gonna start over rookies. thats how it works, no matter how much you like the young guys.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Nate Robinson, Lee, Frye, and Balkman are all great at being a 6th-Man off the bench for more than half the teams in the league.
All three score consistently in a running offensive game.
Your two question was:
1) why the hell would you run a system for people who arent getting the minutes?
You are absolutely right because Frye, Lee, Nate, and Rookie Balkman earned playingtime last season that was not given to them because of Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" poor veteran players.

2) who are the knicks players being held back by not running?

How many times last season did you see this group on the court for the Knicks: PG-Nate, SG-Crawford, SF-Balkman, PF-Lee, and C-Frye.
That 5 man crew was better than any lineup Zeke put out on the court last season. But Zeke like alot of Fans say they are not experienced. Bull!

Do anyone recall the Chicago lineup with Second season PG-Hindrich, SG-Ben Gordon, SF-Deng, Pf-Nocioni, and C-Chandelor? this was Chicago CrunchTime lineup with THREE Rookies in it that Finally took the Bulls to their first Post Season apperance since the Jordan era...

Curry started the majority of that season and carried them to 47 wins. that was the lineup in the playoffs after curry went on IR becuase of his heart condition the last couple of days of the season

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
You also have to consider the league is changing very fast.

you're right... rules are opening up the offense more than ever... but the fact is... until someone wins with a predominantly fast break style... logic dictates that you need a half-court offense to win the chip... since the showtime lakers as a matter of fact... no team that plays a lot of fastbreak basketball has won the chip...

89 - 90 pistons: defensive aggression caused turnovers that ignited the break... but IT, Joey D, and the microwave stirred it up in the half most plays...

bulls dynasty... half court all day in the triangle...

93 - 95 rockets... half court...

00 - 02 lakers... shaq and kobe half attack

03, 05, 07 spurs... best halfcourt team in basketball

04 pistons... defense... and the halfcourt disection of rip, chauncy and sheed...

06 heat... dwade, shaq and the halfcourt bandits...

16 years is a hell of a trend... unless the finals format changes (which i don't necessarily advocate)... no professional team is going to let you continually run on them... teams learn each other over long series... it's the nature of nba life that i don't see changing...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Even the "Showtime" Lakers played half court. How many fast breaks did Kareem Run? He was a major contributor then, and that came through half court sets.

Kiyaman

Legend
Fastbreak only means easy baskets (2 on 1, or 3 on 2) which is something the Spurs did alot of with Avery Johnson, Parker, Ginobli, Duncan, and David Robinson to WIN their Championship Rings. The Spurs Defensive Format since the arrival of 7.0 PF-Tim Duncan on the Team has been the best in the league. The only players that I seen that was able to break the Spurs Defensive Format in a Series was C-Divac and Shaq.

As for the Knicks their Coaching Stinks! and my Brooklyn Homeboy Marbury 37 MPG has been STINKING with his inconsistency and non bonding with his teammates talents has been equal to Howard Isley (23 & 33 WIN Seasons proves that)...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
He's fitting into a new role...he's going to be inconsistent. We all know that by now. He's the point guard that we all wanted to see...a defensive, somewhat agressive/passing type of PG. He came here a pure scoring PG. Now he's evolving, he's growing up. And I clearly don't know where the non-bonding part came from lol. This is the closest I've seen the knicks since H20 was here...

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
kg went to boston instead of ny because steph is a "non-bonding" pg... in the miked up interview steph said he wouldn't sleep in the same bed with kg... that's so "non-bonding"...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Fastbreak only means easy baskets (2 on 1, or 3 on 2) which is something the Spurs did alot of with Avery Johnson, Parker, Ginobli, Duncan, and David Robinson to WIN their Championship Rings. The Spurs Defensive Format since the arrival of 7.0 PF-Tim Duncan on the Team has been the best in the league. The only players that I seen that was able to break the Spurs Defensive Format in a Series was C-Divac and Shaq.

As for the Knicks their Coaching Stinks! and my Brooklyn Homeboy Marbury 37 MPG has been STINKING with his inconsistency and non bonding with his teammates talents has been equal to Howard Isley (23 & 33 WIN Seasons proves that)...

fast break actually means scoring very early in the shot clock... typically within the first 6 - 8 seconds... most teams score at least 16 - 20 points on fast breaks... the remainder of their points come from a combination of half court sets, offensive rebounds, inbound plays, etc... teams that rely more on the break usually have faster, smaller guys that can push it... because their team is designed to run... slowing down the game takes away a larger percentage of their score, since they don't have the size to match up with the other team... i agree with you that Duncan changed the defensive schemes in SA... but their d doesn't always ignite the break... Popovich likes to wear you down... make you loose focus by forcing you to work late in the shot clock on offense AND defense...

your opinion about IT and steph will never change until we start winning so I won't address it...