Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63

Thread: Marbury blog

  1. #31
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Whoa... I haven't commented here in a couple days so I'm gonna try to be succinct...

    KnicksFan... you're right that capitalism itself isn't evil... and I doubt anyone was asking for parents to be better educated... but Don Chris said it best... Capitalism with a soul is what we need... Nike has dossiers about their "target" group... they give "promo" materials to entertainers so the entertainer can be seen wearing it... people see entertainer X wearing all this free nike shyte... then they want to cop it... they target the "urban" market with high priced products... because the inner city sets the trends... you're not really "black" unless you have fresh js... or a watch... or a chain... or something else external... when your identity as a people has been eroded for decades... you try to be visible in whatever way you can... again... this isn't the government's fault... but simple FCC limits on things like the number of times a show commercial can be played during children's programming... or a 2:1 ratio for healthy foods and sugary foods... this would not take any new taxpayer spending... but merely a realignment of priorities...

    i also agree that there are places much worse than the US... shyte here isn't hard... i grew up in places where you had to walk to the river for clean water... where a minor hurrican meant homelessness and possibly death... BUT... let's not pretend like life has been sweet since the 60s... the government has subverted every major freedom movement... the panthers... malcom x... dr. king... cointelpro and mccarthy did a number on any marches for true equality...

    i also agree that there are many black people that relish in poverty and being ghetto... but your argument is too similar to Raganomics for me to go further than that... the fact is... black males... you... me... many posters on this forum graduate HS at the lowest rate of any in this country... while we represent the highest percentage of special ed. students... THIS CANNOT BE BECAUSE OF A GENETIC DEFECT... there are many implicit racist forces in this country that we should not ignore either...

    peep the teacher connection... most teachers are white females... check any demographic chart you want... most underperforming schools are mostly minority... we all have intrinsic racist tendancies... again... this was scientifically proven... i'm not in the mood to look up the reference though... so often the actions of the black male student is misinterpreted... he is sent to special education... and after years of being mislabeled and mistreated... he doesn't graduate HS... i'm not saying teachers are to blame... or that they're evil... but our underlying prejudices against 5 year olds sets them up for a lifetime of failure... you cannot ignore the importance of formative years... since you are a good father yourself...

    but the issue of teachers is complicated by the system you defend... we all agree that the most qualified people should be teachers... the people that become teachers don't do it because of the vacation time... they usually do it because they want to make a difference... working in the poorest schools... for a low salary... without the resources you need to help your students learn causes burnout... the average teacher "career" lasts five years... between burn out and teachers quitting... good teachers are at a premium... if every talented individual that wants to help says f**k it... then you're left with less qualified teachers working with our most precious resource... i know that's not what you advocate... the school funding system is archiac and only serves to punish those born into poverty... yes... there are many stories like yours where people overcome all the odds and make it... but when the deck is stacked against you... it takes a special breed to make it...

    when the government itself has historically set up these inequalities... it's up to the government to help level the playing field... within our capitialist representative democracy... there is room for conscience... i think it is our duty to love and take care of our fellow man... period...

  2. #32
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think personally the black community needs more restraint and more foot to ass...just my observation. We need the strong leading the weak, not the other way around. People looking up to rappers, moviestars and such...just plain blows my mind.

    But there comes a point where people have to be held accountable for their own actions, I don't care how much government help you give. And we need to realize you cannot save everybody. Some people are just made to destroy themselves. I could care less about the person who does drugs, as opposed to the person born addicted...I could care less about the person drives drunk...as opposed to the victim of that..

    I just have no tolerance for folks making excuses of any kind. Most of my teachers were white...and I can say honestly they were pretty good to me. Conversely, I had some black teachers that were "difficult". But I was not placated, or anything like that..simply told of the expectations...met and exceeded them. Period.

    Life is a zero sum game, some winners, **** load of losers...it's always going to be that way. No one in this world owes you anything is how I was raised, you want something you have to earn it, and you let nothing stand in your way, you may change tactic but never your goals.

    Being black may make things harder, but it's no excuse.

    He who has no fire, cannot warm others. And I've always been pippin hot.

  3. #33
    Member GiantsKnickFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Ohh cry me a river. I went to PS. 76 MS. 135 Bergtraum HS. Then the US Army...got out then went to Virginia Tech. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and B.S. Philosophy. I grew up right there in the Bronx 666 Adee Ave...White Plains Road.

    People have the power to make their own choices. Period. Yeah yeah advertisements, advertisements. I go to the store, I need water, I need toilet paper, I need cereal, I need juice, I need underwear..etc..etc. I walk through the aisles...some products cost more than others...also some products are of better quality than others. But I as a consumer can choose which products wish to buy. Period. No one cartoon character, or great thematic song, influences my purchasing habits. I base it off of what I believe is better quality, and a good fair price. Most shoppers shop this way..but you have that few no matter what the price...have to get said product because it is "a name" I grant you that point.

    However, if they do not watch their financial bottomline whose fault is that? No one tells you to spend the extra .40cents a roll to get Quilted Northern over Charmin...no one tells you to buy Rocawear jeans at $80 a pair..over say Ralph Lauren that costs $65 bucks a pair. People make choices, and people are responsible for their own choices. Period. It's not the governments job to come in and help folks balance a check book..I would agree it's in government's best interest to show you how to balance a check book....but that's the limit. Once I show you how to do something, I'm taking the training wheels off...how you choose to ride your bike is up to you 100%..and if you fall, after I've made you aware of the dangers...that is your own fault.

    My statement was not ignorant it's true. I lived in the projects for 17 years...can't no one tell me anything about life in the projects I lived it...a lot of people there...are there because they made f'd up choices plain and simple. I can recall a handful of older people than me...talking mid-20's whom I say everyday come in and out going to college...most folks in there...don't give a damn...and are only interested in living "ghetto fabulous" period. Some get out, most don't, and you have many who are happy to be there. Yes it does beat living on the street and being homeless but that's not saying much.

    People need restraint, but they also need to learn to take responsibility for their own actions. I see society moving away from this, and wanting to constantly blame other people, or systems, or institutions, for their ****ed up decision making. What ever happened to personal responsibility? I mean seriously it's like a dirty concept now, especially in the communities that need more of it...and the greatest area it is needed is the BLACK COMMUNITY. That's a fact. We need to put more foot to ass and draw some lines of what acceptable and what is not.

    I never said every single person of color is ignorant or stupid, but ALOT ARE. Stop denying that point. If every single person of color was that smart, alot of them would not be where they currently are in life. So obviously something needs to change. Sure PS.76, MS.135, even Bergtraum being in the financial district and all..was not an equal education to the one say in Larchmont, White Plains, Hartsdale etc...they had better resources than in the inner city. I've already explained how those dollars are calculated...but if you have people dropping out, cutting class...and not even trying to attempt to get and use the education they are getting...it's never going to work.

    I don't care how many schools you revamp...how much more you make them more conducive to learning and provide safety, how many great teachers you woo with great salaries and benefits..if you do not have the internal desire to take your ass to class, that's not one's fault but your OWN. PERIOD. My social studies teacher...said something one time...and it's been apart of my life ever since...

    "If you fail to prepare, then prepare to fail" and he was a Jamaican emigrant...if the black community continuously fails to adopt this mantra...we will never escape the cycle many of our "lost" one's are in...tough love and compassion is needed YES, but we mustn't forget to hand out strong discipline as well.

    The kids don't have the desire is that the parent fault? Is that the rapper's fault? Is that the school's fault? So far pointing all those fingers...the kids are going to have to point them at themselves in the end sum of things. The world is/does not want to hear excuses of why you did not make it...because when you look back on your life only you.

    Parents are the first line of defense in their child's future, PERIOD. I take my daughter and nephew to museums, science fairs all the time...most times we are the only black faces...I go take them to see the Suns/Knicks or a Cardinals game...not tons of black faces..but certainly more at those events..something is wrong with that picture! And it should be a great ****ing shame to the black community. We for the most part come from people who endured slavery, that would have died and did die and get beaten for wanting to learn and read a book...any book...and now **** please...parent's don't even bother to read to their children...and don't give their busy at work...I come from a single father household...my father worked 12-16 hr days..and HE WAS A REAL MAN, AND REAL PARENT AND MADE TIME.

    I'm just tired of all these EXCUSES, in my people. I really am, and it makes me sick.

    As far as the government monitoring is concerned..you people think you really have it bad here? If this government was truly oppressive you would not be here expressing your dissent right now... go to Iraq..Afghan...say something against whomever is in charge see what happens to you...go to China...see if they don't put your nuts in a ringer about voicing a bad opinion about government or Taiwan. People here complain about nothing. I've seen what real oppression looks like first hand, America is nowhere near close to that...people need to really stop exaggerating that point. I tell people, especially civilians all the time...you think you have it that bad here...go overseas and experience it for yourself...and I don't mean France or England...go tour some of the more oppressive countries like Libya..and you tell me how bad you have it here again!
    Exaggerating???
    I must be. This country would never enslave another race for economic means, wouldnt inject african americans with syphilis? treat women as inferiors till only decades ago? Rape and exterminate Native Americans for more land? Round up any asians and keep them in concentration camps?

    Goverment is a tight circle. They tend to like it that way.
    Ask yourself if u truly believe that the people who run this goverment are completely free of any Racial,Religious,Ethnic, Homosexual, Gender prejudice.
    Im not saying its that bad now, as time goes on things do get better, but blind faith in goverment is just settin urself up for the truth to smack u in the face later.

  4. #34
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by GiantsKnickFan
    Exaggerating???
    I must be. This country would never enslave another race for economic means, wouldnt inject african americans with syphilis? treat women as inferiors till only decades ago? Rape and exterminate Native Americans for more land? Round up any asians and keep them in concentration camps?

    Goverment is a tight circle. They tend to like it that way.
    Ask yourself if u truly believe that the people who run this goverment are completely free of any Racial,Religious,Ethnic, Homosexual, Gender prejudice.
    Im not saying its that bad now, as time goes on things do get better, but blind faith in goverment is just settin urself up for the truth to smack u in the face later.
    Like I said go to another country where if you disagree with the government you are shot on site, your family is killed. Or you are starved out LITERALLY.

    Women were always seen as inferiors...especially around the globe..that is not just endemic to the US...I don't know from where you are trying to pull that one.

    Rape and extermination of the Native Americans while tragic...yes that did happen..but name me one society that was not forged from crushing one that was already pre-existing..even the Egyptians crushed other civilizations such as the Kush and the Kartish, so did the Romans crushed the Mincieans, Minoans, the Greeks crushed the Athenians, The Mongols, The Persians.....do you see where I am going? What you are arguing is pointless...all societies crush one...and form another...happens all over the globe and throughout the history of mankind..don't be so quick to fall in love with ideals of what society should be doing. It's a cycle that will never end. Ever.

    There is not one person in this entire USA that does not have a prejudice or preferences towards something and or someone. You can be non-racist, and homophobic...you can be tolerant of all races, and sexual origin...and piss on those whom are religious...you can be a minority and be racist...when people tell me they have no prejudices about anything they are lying, because we all have preferences PERIOD.

    I've never abdicated blind faith in government, only that alot of Americans tend to heavily over exaggerate the problem when there are far more dire situations that make Americans look like a bunch of whiny babies..and FYI most Americans are whiny.

  5. #35
    Member GiantsKnickFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Like I said go to another country where if you disagree with the government you are shot on site, your family is killed. Or you are starved out LITERALLY.

    Women were always seen as inferiors...especially around the globe..that is not just endemic to the US...I don't know from where you are trying to pull that one.

    Rape and extermination of the Native Americans while tragic...yes that did happen..but name me one society that was not forged from crushing one that was already pre-existing..even the Egyptians crushed other civilizations such as the Kush and the Kartish, so did the Romans crushed the Mincieans, Minoans, the Greeks crushed the Athenians, The Mongols, The Persians.....do you see where I am going? What you are arguing is pointless...all societies crush one...and form another...happens all over the globe and throughout the history of mankind..don't be so quick to fall in love with ideals of what society should be doing. It's a cycle that will never end. Ever.

    There is not one person in this entire USA that does not have a prejudice or preferences towards something and or someone. You can be non-racist, and homophobic...you can be tolerant of all races, and sexual origin...and piss on those whom are religious...you can be a minority and be racist...when people tell me they have no prejudices about anything they are lying, because we all have preferences PERIOD.

    I've never abdicated blind faith in government, only that alot of Americans tend to heavily over exaggerate the problem when there are far more dire situations that make Americans look like a bunch of whiny babies..and FYI most Americans are whiny.
    Did u really compare Native Americans to Athenians and Monguls? Whoa dude u need to go to school. Native Americans are a race, just like hispanic, asian, black, white. They are not some primitive ancient society that once existed. They were an already existing self governing community that was pilaged,raped, and nearly completely exterminated.
    Thats like saying China should come over here, kill every american becuase old societies get replaced by new ones. WOW. Genious LOL.
    Honestly is pretty hilarious.
    People like you are what make war exist. U think its the only answer. Military does that to u im sure. U go fight. Ill stay here and be smarter than u.

  6. #36
    Member GiantsKnickFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Im done with the topic. Its gettin pointless. Plus ur setting the bar to low.

  7. #37
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by GiantsKnickFan
    Did u really compare Native Americans to Athenians and Monguls? Whoa dude u need to go to school. Native Americans are a race, just like hispanic, asian, black, white. They are not some primitive ancient society that once existed. They were an already existing self governing community that was pilaged,raped, and nearly completely exterminated.

    Thats like saying China should come over here, kill every american becuase old societies get replaced by new ones. WOW. Genious LOL.
    Honestly is pretty hilarious.

    People like you are what make war exist. U think its the only answer. Military does that to u im sure. U go fight. Ill stay here and be smarter than u.
    Don't get upset because you don't like the facts of human history, pal. Societies become crushed, formed, fall apart, reform, become stable, conquer, and reform all over again. It's a cycle that has been playing out since the dawn of mankind well before you even get into the issue of organized military and warfare.

    War exists naturally within the state of human beings. You people always thinking it has to do with a certain breed of person is laughable. From men fighting over supplies of water, land, livestock, women...wow but because they form a state and then declare war..what they are fighting over is different? It's no different. But somehow because we sit here in the 21 century...you think humans are above this...you think it's all pointless and is going to end...there is always going to fighting and competition over resources.

    I don't know why you folks never realize that fact, or like to admit it.

    Just because it happens in more modern times folks like you get all shocked and shaken as if this is not the norm, you are the one who needs to crack open the history books and realize the world is not the sugar coated topping you like to keep licking beneath it has a very sour taste.

    Ohh the Native Americans...ohh the Blacks....give me a break...it's a cycle of the same thing...that has always happened..only difference is it's in what we call now "modern times"...because in say 10,000 years should we make it that long...we shall be that "ancient past"...and they'll be doing the same thing.

    U folks need to deal in reality, not idealistic fantasies.

    Old societies become abolished, new one's form...period.

    The military does not do that to people, but you so called intellectuals always think you are the smartest folks in the room. The only difference between you and me...I see the world for what it is...you see it for what it should be. And there can only be one actuality at a time.

    People like you who never serve, never put your ass on the line for no one but yourself...try and sit here and dictate to me...RIGHT that will be the day. Put your life in another's strangers hands, and defend other's literally with your own then you come back and tell me something about people like me. When a conflict does arise...tell me how your words are going to save you when the bullets start flying...and if you think it will never come to that guess again...we went from stone weapons, to metal, to now guns and missiles...even the most peaceful of societies believed in defense.

    Why don't you go back to your tofu and worry about saving the trees...I'm sure being soft does that to you as well.

  8. #38
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GiantsKnickFan
    Did u really compare Native Americans to Athenians and Monguls? Whoa dude u need to go to school. Native Americans are a race, just like hispanic, asian, black, white. They are not some primitive ancient society that once existed. They were an already existing self governing community that was pilaged,raped, and nearly completely exterminated.
    Thats like saying China should come over here, kill every american becuase old societies get replaced by new ones. WOW. Genious LOL.
    Honestly is pretty hilarious.
    People like you are what make war exist. U think its the only answer. Military does that to u im sure. U go fight. Ill stay here and be smarter than u.

    Accually as a Puerto Rican/Dominican...I don't indentify with "Hispanic"

    Hispanic is just a label, its not a race...race isn't even real, when the human race is the only real race to consider.

    Most Dominicans are triracials with alot of african/european descent, you even got Chinese people in the Dominican Republic who speak spanish and sell chinese with spanish food, which is mad good. The same goes for Puerto Rico, Brasil, etc.

    Saying things like Native American and African is being too general. Majority of Native Americans did not work together until they were facing a life or death situation with their back against walls fighting European settlers. Before that, they use to have tribal wars against each other for power and dominance. Same thing happend in Africa, hell Africa is so diverse you could barely count how many tribes they were. The winning tribe kept the losers as slaves and sold them to Euros who wanted to use them in the Americas.

    This has always been apart of history, domination and imperialism has been the root to power nations for centuries.

    While I would agree, there is racism in America. But it can be overcome and it won't stop you from being successful in this country if you know the right people and do what you have to do for yourself and your future.

    School in the US just teaches how to study one major, get a job, work for a boss, and work for wages for the rest of your life. If there was no minimum wage, the boss would pay you $2-$3 dollars an hour, basically modern day slavery. People in this country work to not get fired. My mom gets paid 42,000 a year working for the city...she's not happy about it, and she's not getting much support from my pops, but shes still going through it and not get fired, because she is helping me through college, thats why I'm working now to help her pay the bills and pay my own bills also.

    But I try not to be negative. I'm happy I have these problems. Its definitely better than walking 15 miles to get clean water, or living in the projects of Puerto Rico surrounded by drugs, corrupted police and violence.

  9. #39
    Member GiantsKnickFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Accually as a Puerto Rican/Dominican...I don't indentify with "Hispanic"

    Hispanic is just a label, its not a race...race isn't even real, when the human race is the only real race to consider.

    Most Dominicans are triracials with alot of african/european descent, you even got Chinese people in the Dominican Republic who speak spanish and sell chinese with spanish food, which is mad good. The same goes for Puerto Rico, Brasil, etc.

    Saying things like Native American and African is being too general. Majority of Native Americans did not work together until they were facing a life or death situation with their back against walls fighting European settlers. Before that, they use to have tribal wars against each other for power and dominance. Same thing happend in Africa, hell Africa is so diverse you could barely count how many tribes they were. The winning tribe kept the losers as slaves and sold them to Euros who wanted to use them in the Americas.

    This has always been apart of history, domination and imperialism has been the root to power nations for centuries.

    While I would agree, there is racism in America. But it can be overcome and it won't stop you from being successful in this country if you know the right people and do what you have to do for yourself and your future.

    School in the US just teaches how to study one major, get a job, work for a boss, and work for wages for the rest of your life. If there was no minimum wage, the boss would pay you $2-$3 dollars an hour, basically modern day slavery. People in this country work to not get fired. My mom gets paid 42,000 a year working for the city...she's not happy about it, and she's not getting much support from my pops, but shes still going through it and not get fired, because she is helping me through college, thats why I'm working now to help her pay the bills and pay my own bills also.

    But I try not to be negative. I'm happy I have these problems. Its definitely better than walking 15 miles to get clean water, or living in the projects of Puerto Rico surrounded by drugs, corrupted police and violence.
    Im Domincan so i understand. But to me, Hispanic isnt derogatory and is a label but i didnt want to get into the whole Spanish-speaking descent thing cuase a columbian might say he doesnt consider himself latin, a mexican might consider himself of asian descent etc. i was trying to be general to make a point that just becuase it has been all over history, it does not make it right. And it shows the lack of due diligence to learn from human mistakes.

  10. #40
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    One basic point...all current civilizations will crumble and fall...a new one will form...now whether they fall from having warring factions within themselves or from outside influences is of no real consequence. Whether or not through means of warfare, but just one society becoming so large it infringes on it's neighbors peacefully, one will fall and become incorporated into the larger...regardless. So it is indeed a nihilistic concept to argue whether or not warfare is necessary because the concept does not change, only the means through upon which it is executed whether by the sword, the pen...really doesn't matter.

    Society right now is in fractions with members seeing themselves as members of nations, different tribes, of different customs etc... won't be very long till they all fall come together...and break up again...creation is destruction, destruction is creation..all part of the perpetual cycle of the universe.

  11. #41
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GiantsKnickFan
    Im Domincan so i understand. But to me, Hispanic isnt derogatory and is a label but i didnt want to get into the whole Spanish-speaking descent thing cuase a columbian might say he doesnt consider himself latin, a mexican might consider himself of asian descent etc. i was trying to be general to make a point that just becuase it has been all over history, it does not make it right. And it shows the lack of due diligence to learn from human mistakes.
    I understand where you're coming from brother. The reason why I don't choose to fall under Hispanic cause of the stereotype we face nowaway days. A lot people won't care to understand Dominicans and Mexicans are extremely different people, along with Colombians, Venezuala, Cubans and Ricans. Glad to see a Dominican here, peace brother.

  12. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default The right things be easier to do ...

    If people just adhere to bible principles.

  13. #43
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    If people just adhere to bible principles.
    Which ones you talking about?

    Killing the first born of people that pray to a different GOD?

    Stoning your children to death, when an ass whoopin will suffice, because they curse back at you?

    Don't eat shellfish?

    Constantly calling gay people an abomination because it's written in some book?

    If anything people need to get away from the bible and create their own principles.

  14. #44
    Member GiantsKnickFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Which ones you talking about?

    Killing the first born of people that pray to a different GOD?

    Stoning your children to death, when an ass whoopin will suffice, because they curse back at you?

    Don't eat shellfish?

    Constantly calling gay people an abomination because it's written in some book?

    If anything people need to get away from the bible and create their own principles.
    Well, at least we agree that religion is a joke. (Not be confused with God is a joke)

  15. #45
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Excerpt:

    1.) Engineering/Mathematics/Mechanics
    2.) Medicine/Biology/Anatomy/Psychology
    3.) Chemistry/Physics/Mechanics
    4.) Law/Business/Marketing/Economics
    5.) Music/Art/Film/Acting
    6.) Political Science/Government/Economics
    7.) English/Languages
    8.) Journalism/English/Writing
    9.) Military/Aviation
    The problem with such an approach is that students get specialists way to early. How can they make up their mind and go for a profession that does not fit their highschool's profile? That is a serious flaw, for many people change their mind in a gap year.

    Also one of the main problems of today's science and humanities is that their is such an abyss between scientific professions and the Humanities. But the problems of our world today can only be solved if the "two cultures" work together. You cannot get people to do something about climatic change if you cannot communicate your messages. So why would you seperate

    2.) Medicine/Biology/Anatomy/Psychology
    from
    8.) Journalism/English/Writing.


    I know that the world's knowledge is way too much for an individual to cope with but you should at least be confronted witht the fact that their are many different approaches to the same problem.

    And just to get back to the threats original topic: I like the discount sneakers campaign very much but I cannot cope with AND1 shoes. They hurt my feet. Expensive of cheap. But I think I am way too old to belong to the campaign's target group.

Similar Threads

  1. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 08:41
  2. If the Knicks want Brown, get rid of Marbury
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2005, 21:04
  3. good words from marbury
    By risingknicks20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jul 23, 2005, 20:05
  4. Knick Concerns
    By mrj18 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 14:51
  5. newspaper article request
    By NY all day BABY in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 28, 2004, 12:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •