Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curry & Randolph will work! Here's a good reason why...

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by JintsKnicks
    Fogive me, but the Knicks didnt have a coach between Van Gundy and Zeke
    Huh?

Don Chaney
    Lenny Wilkens
    Herb Williams
    Larry Brown
    Isiah Thomas

The only coach to me that was better suited for this team than Thomas was Wilkens.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    It's true that Zeke is the guy to make this work, but I don't think he always centered his offense around 2 post players. If anything, Zeke went for a well balanced offense with the first option being Curry. Now, 2 great post players coupled with good perimeter shooters means that teams have no choice but to be honest on defense.

I also agree that Zach has a perimeter game. This is important in terms of spacing between him and Curry. The thing I didn't like about Frye was that his perimeter game was great but he failed to use any of his size to score in the post. I'm sure EC and ZR will draw plenty of fouls every night and be successful playing together.

Zeke had Jermaine Oneal and Brad Miller both make the all star team same year. Curry is miles ahead of Miller offensively, and Zbo can Match Oneal as well. No reason these two can't co exist....

i hope the knick players are practicing there FTs because wit randolph and curry on the team the knicks will be shooting alot of FTs wit the opposing team in the penalty very early

Brad Miller isn't as close as to being dominant in the post as Zach and Eddy are. Brad Miller had that set jumper from the outside and had 3pt shooting capabilities. Zach doesn't shoot too many 3's if at all and if Curry doesn't develop that mid-range J like what Isiah promised then the lane will be clogged, double teams will ran toward the post and our 3pt shooters will be forced to knock down open shots. If this is the case then possilby one of them could be all-stars...I don't see both of them going...it's possible but I don't see it happening.

Veteran

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Brad Miller isn't as close as to being dominant in the post as Zach and Eddy are. Brad Miller had that set jumper from the outside and had 3pt shooting capabilities. Zach doesn't shoot too many 3's if at all and if Curry doesn't develop that mid-range J like what Isiah promised then the lane will be clogged, double teams will ran toward the post and our 3pt shooters will be forced to knock down open shots. If this is the case then possilby one of them could be all-stars...I don't see both of them going...it's possible but I don't see it happening.

Point is Curry is the main post guy, and Zach can play in the post or wing. So in effect, Curry would be Oneal, and Zach would be Miller. Zach is even in better position because unlike Miller he can put the ball on the floor and has many, many post moves. I wonder how many people have seen Zach play a lot when they say the lane will be clogged... he does not start in the post at all in a lot of his game. He ends up there from his ball handling. Very crafty offensive player Zach is.

He will basically do what Channing and Lee did... play high post. Cept when he gets the ball, he can shoot or put it on the floor... unlike Frye who often settled just for the jimmy.

Main thing this means is that teams will not be able to double team Curry. And that is an awful problem to have because he cannot be stopped alone. Period.

Superstar

the difference is oneal is a beast on defense and at rebounding.

Veteran

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    the difference is oneal is a beast on defense and at rebounding.
    He is certainly a good off the ball defender. On the ball leaves a lot to be desired. But that is about 90% of the league.

Originally Posted by donchris
    Huh?

Don Chaney
    Lenny Wilkens
    Herb Williams
    Larry Brown
    Isiah Thomas

The only coach to me that was better suited for this team than Thomas was Wilkens.
    Ya but Wilkens should have hung it up 10 yrs ago. He isnt a "spring chicken" anymore. Plus hes as bipolar as Larry brown. One day wants to stay one day wants to go.
    I truly believe herb is very underated. The guy is good motivator and was always a smart player in his day. havent seen enuff of him as coach to know if hes the real deal tho.

Originally Posted by GiantsKnickFan
    Ya but Wilkens should have hung it up 10 yrs ago. He isnt a "spring chicken" anymore. Plus hes as bipolar as Larry brown. One day wants to stay one day wants to go.
    I truly believe herb is very underated. The guy is good motivator and was always a smart player in his day. havent seen enuff of him as coach to know if hes the real deal tho.
    herb got the shaft... as interim coach... herb lost something like 36 games by 6 points or less... those losses usually decrease as a coach gets better... hopefully... when IT steps down (hopefully after next season)... herb will be named HC... unless we get Phil...