...wtf... why'd I type so much, I guess I have a lot to say

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Wow this took me a lot longer to write than it should have

Ok, maybe because I had some brain food this morning but listen...
I was reading the "Nate MVP" thread where the poster got nutty... yea that one. and I decided instead of hitting "Reply" I'd hit "New Thread"
Anyway, I'm done rambling.

I like Nate and all, his game and spark plug like ways remind me of an immature (dare I say it?) John Starks. He has attitude, he's got a streaky game, and he'll dare elevate on anyone, where was it that he said "He'd love to dunk on Shaq... I'd say he'll try it this year... I'm not saying he'll succeed but shit he may try. He's not afraid to back down from anyone and he's not afraid to take the last shot.

We saw that fire in Starks, he'd risk iginiting Reggie & a game suspension by headbutting Reggie, but he'll take it just to instill that fear in other teams, we've seen Charlie Ward bridge opponents and start brawls, we've seen Chris Childs punch Kobe in the chin and we saw Chris Dudley launch a ball cross court and hit Shaq on the ass... We are the Knicks and no one I mean no one f*c*s with us. back to Starks we know him wekk week he'll take his 18th 3 pointer and miss it in the NBA Finals although he missed 17 others... Because if he would have made 2 of those the game is in OT and 3 then the Knicks would have been champions and Starks & Oakley's jerseys would have been hanging in the Garden Rafters with Ewing (all of this theoretically of course.) Remember... Riley left Starks in, and Riley would probably leave Nate in the game in the same situation.

And then there is Ron Artest who is trying hard to clean his image these days but lets be honest, do we want Ron Artest because he's a good guy? We want him because he adds a toughness to this team. But the fact is that we want him here, not over David Lee (we all want lee here anyway, so does Ron) but we do want Artest here...

E. Curry
Z. Randolph/Lee
R. Artest

remind anyone of what the 90's looked like (to a lesser degree)
Ewing
Oakley
Mason

While Curry doesnt compare to Ewing, and Randolph doesnt quite compare to Oakley (in regard to heart & hustle) I'd like to imagine (my complete imagination you can imagine this too) that Artest will instill that defensive aggression into his two fellow big men.
Go ahead risk the foul, throw that guy on the floor, hell anyone remember when JR Reid knocked AC Greens teeth... I'm not saying it's right but we need toughness so guys wont try and beat us from the inside. and we really need Jerome James either out of here or to start earning his money... Damn basketball and the guaranteed contracts.

So i guess in a nutshell, this thread started because I wanted to say this...

Starks wasn't perfect, niether was Mason, J.R. Reis, Charles Oakley, but hell we loved them because they brought what I like to call "it" every single night and I think Nate can bring that off the bench and i bet he could bring it better than Dikau and Jones... He's not great, he's not perfect but we love to hate him and he's streaky, and I think Isiah is a good coach for him. If it were Game 7 and Nate kept throwing up shots the way Starks did... I think IT would take him out, maybe someone else could do it.

I'm not a huge Nate fan but I am a Knicks Fan, and I have a certain perception of what New York teams should be like... I started watching sports in 1986 when the Mets won the World Series... and you know what no one f*c*ed with those guys either. That's what I want to see from these Knicks...
IT needs to show them a full 82 game season of the 94 Knicks and the 99 playoff Knicks... and say something like, I want you to bring it. "This is the kind of team this city loves, they know you're not perfect but they want to see you come out every night and play hard... the 94 Knicks got booed and they won 55 games... even they werent perfect.

metrocard

Legend
Good post.

Nate is 5"8 and Starks is like 6"5. I would be more comfortable with my SG chucking up shots, than the guy who's controlling and directing the offense going nut.

Plus, theres alot of other guys in the NBA with heart and toughness, therefor Nate is very replacable.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Good post.

Nate is 5"8 and Starks is like 6"5. I would be more comfortable with my SG chucking up shots, than the guy who's controlling and directing the offense going nut.

Plus, theres alot of other guys in the NBA with heart and toughness, therefor Nate is very replacable.

I know how much everyone loves stats but... Stats dont lie... Nate is younger but...
Nate Robinson
Career -- 3p% 0.393

John Starks
Career 3p% .340

So who would you rather shoot your 3's? The one that makes them slightly more or the taller guy?

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Starks: The One who HELPED them get to the finals.
Starks: The One y ou all cheer for when they show him on the Big Screen

It was a love hate relationship back then with him too. everyone just loves him a little more than they hate him. So they forget sometimes... Same with Nate

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
^^^^tabernacle... but i think Nate has shown he is willing to pass in the SL... let's hope it continues...

Kiyaman

Legend
All the Bashing on Nate Robinson that I been reading and hearing since the end of the regular season from Knick Fans, whom been putting him in practically every thought of Knick Trade to get Nate off the team. I'm sure Isiah and his peeps done heard or read some of this stuff and is ready to make a trade using Nate Robinson before the regular season starts. Especially since Nate Robinson WON the MVP in the summer League Games in Vegas.

I beleive trading Nate Robinson will be a very big mistake for this Knick club.
We all know that Isiah Thomas is not finish trading this offseason.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I have earned more respect for nate for his SL play... but he should have won MVP... he was the most experienced guy out there... let's not overhype it...