Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Has crawford really improved? Is he better than a mediocre SG?

THIS SEASON I THINK CRAWFORD WILL COME OFF THE BENCH.. i think isiah thomas realized that crawford is more effective coming off of the bench..The team is better with richardson starting because q is more of a team player,better defender, and has a better shot selection..this season the new york knicks will definitely me more of a post offense team so expect the guards average shots a game to go down which i believe will be a good thing because with z-bo and curry running the show our fg% will skyrocket.with more of our shots coming down in the post and will also have a positive effect on our guards because they will help spread the floor for our guards and our guards CAN HIT OPEN SHOTS...i think marbury will have a career year stats mayb 12 and 9..and crawford his numbers might go down a little bit but i think his fg percentage will rise dramatically cuz when we kick it out to the guards from the post he will be our first option to shoot..and when hes open we know his shot is automatic..dont forget bout q,nichols and nate who can also hit the shot as well

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Ok. Im lost as to what Jamal does not fit that Carrol and Barnes do other than MAYBE ( Carrol clearly, Barnes iffy imo off one year, cmon ) Shoot better? And I mean, correct me if Im wrong, but there aint exactly a million options out there for the Knicks to just go and get or trade for. Who is the one guy available that you can say trade Jamal now for? Collins likely did not develop his shot enough to be an every day two, they'd leave him open like they did last year when JAMAL WENT DOWN! And no, not saying his 50 point game was the end all, Im saying if you watch the highlights, look at where most the shots came from. After he broke Wade down which he did all game it seemedm he'd get right to the foul line and pop. Also watch the move he gave Mourning and went to the hole. THAT is the Jamal Crawford I like to see because that is him playing to his strengths. That is how he was playing from feb on. And if he continues to, whats the beef?

I am thinking the complaint is as it usually is with Knick fans, good but not good enough. Yea Crawford got game but he cant shoot well enough. Funny, when we HAD a shooter a great one mind you in Houston, everyone said yea... great shooter, but we like Sprewell better cuz he goes to the hole! Now, we have a two gaurd who has handle, an ok 3p % (could be better) and a really good mid range game and solid passer and again... all we do is complain. He aint big enough, he aint as good as this guy at this, or aint as good as that guy at that.

Before he was hurt, Crawford was straight up ballin. That is all I care about as a fan. Knicks had no problem scoring, was no triple teams on Curry, and very rarely double teams because of the perimeter threat we had with Crawford and Steph and at times Q. Curry was 25 a night it seemed every night without issue until Crawford the bum got hurt.

With Zach now in the fold, there will be a lot more 1 on 1 perimeter play, and I'd rather Have Crawford and Steph being able to break their men down at anytime as well as from the perimeter, than a guy who just stands there and that's it.

Collins can be the backup and provide the d, so no need to go searching there. Nichols as good as he looked in summer league, probably needs a year or two at best before talking about starting. Chandler as well.

100 bucks on an open 15 footer, Channing or Zach? Honest? That's what I mean way better. fg% can be deceiving. Channing had no post game and forced a lot of tough one handers. Facing his man he is more comfy. As a jumpshooter, he smokes Zach. Everytime Frye takes an open 15 footer you think it's going down. You aint that confident with Zach though he can make em.

And Spurs needed spark off the bench, something Manu can do well. Finley not so well. Not that Finley is per say a better starter. And they won cuz they play good team D, and they have Tim Duncan ( who bores me to death )
    Good reply.

Zach > Frye, as a jumpshoter. I read somewhere 50% of Randolph's shots are jumpshots, or over 50%, correct me if I'm wrong. Randolph can accually create his own shot, which makes his jumpshot more affective.

Exactly, the Spurs needed balance, just like we need balance, cause we want to win, right? If Crawford drives to the basket more and shoots more midrangers than longrangers, he could average 20 ppg easily for us while shooting 45. Thats a BIG if, so I throw Crawford at the end of the bench or off the team.

Marbury is one of the best in the NBA at breaking defenses down. Crawford is not known for breaking down defenses, even though he has the ability to. Don't be fooled, Crawford hangs around the perimeter alot too.

Your 2nd paragraph had a lot of truth.

I would write more, but i'm really tired from work, nicely written post again.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Good reply.

Zach > Frye, as a jumpshoter. I read somewhere 50% of Randolph's shots are jumpshots, or over 50%, correct me if I'm wrong. Randolph can accually create his own shot, which makes his jumpshot more affective.

Exactly, the Spurs needed balance, just like we need balance, cause we want to win, right? If Crawford drives to the basket more and shoots more midrangers than longrangers, he could average 20 ppg easily for us while shooting 45. Thats a BIG if, so I throw Crawford at the end of the bench or off the team.

Marbury is one of the best in the NBA at breaking defenses down. Crawford is not known for breaking down defenses, even though he has the ability to. Don't be fooled, Crawford hangs around the perimeter alot too.

Thanks for the kind words.

I honestly think the Jamal we seen from feb on is the one that will come to play from now on. Same way I think of the Curry we saw once he started to get the fact that he is big and strong and fast with a soft touch. I think he said " Hey, I really can do this every night! And against everyone! ". I think JC said the same thing. Like " Why am I wasting all this filthy cross over if I'm gonna just take a 3 from where Clyde calls the game? Fading away? Why not break my man down and get to where I am pretty much money on the floor... or better yet, PASS to the open man because I just broke the defense down? Hmm, let me try to play like a sane man for the rest of the season "

Whatever kool-aid Zeke has, it worked well on Curry and JC cuz they never played that well together professionally. And remember, JC was coming off the bench at first, so he came in with the attitude of having to score to get time, which was the wrong approach. As long as he stays within himself he is a very good player. Hopefully he and Curry continue to work on their strengths for the betterment of the team...cuz really, we don't have a better option on the team or trade wise. Yet... Those young dudes will be breathing down JC's neck if he try to act like it's gravy
    ( which I doubt he will )

Maybe I exagerated with Frye and Zach. But from what I have seen of him, he can hit it, but Frye is pure with it. It's like a lay up for him. I think he can hit 5 of 10 blindfolded from 15 feet. He just soft everywhere else. I actually think the Knicks gave up on him too quick, but for Zach, it's a no brainer.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Good reply.

haha, wit randolph now on the team, is going be even tougher to drive, wit curry and randolph clogging up the middle, u going see steph and jamal jacking up more jumpshots

Originally Posted by datruth
    haha, wit randolph now on the team, is going be even tougher to drive, wit curry and randolph clogging up the middle, u going see steph and jamal jacking up more jumpshots
    "Jamal jacking up more jumpshots"

That just means more losses.