Kurt Thomas to Seattle

Kiyaman

Legend
It seems like the Phoenix Suns has not change since the 1980's, they only want players for 2 or 3 years before trading them. I guess to stay on the Phoenix team for longtivity without relocating your family you have to do the samething PG-Keven Johnson and Penny Hardaway did each season get injured. They gave away Kurt Thomas and a first rounder for no player in return so they wont have to pay the $10 million in luxury Tax. Meaning they are too Cheap to be a Championship Contender but they are a WINNING Team.

Kurt Thomas played an outstanding Role in Phoenix Post Season games, especially when Amare Stoudemire was suspended in the Spurs vs Suns game where the Spurs were beating poor Steve Nash up merciless throughout the series.

Marion is the longest player on the Phoenix roster and rumors after their post season game this season were that he would be traded this offseason because of their luxury Tax situation. But it look like Kurt Thomas name was pulled out of the hat instead of Marion. But .... then again, the offseason isnt over yet.

Lenny Wilkins is a sly G.M. now cleaning house for the Sonics much wiser than our Isiah Thomas who could not trade Allan Houston, whom all of us Old Knick Fans knew Allan Houston was never going to help Zeke out to get a WINNING season not after he traded Charlie Ward and Cold FIRED Coach Chaney before a game.
Lenny Wilkins got rid of all the veteran Franchise Players distractions from his Star Rookie Durant before Training-Camp starts this season.
The addition of C/F-Kurt Thomas is a Prize in itself to have in the same Lockerroom and Practice with Durant this 2007-8 season.
Kurt Thomas Performance is consistent and that is what Lenny Wilkins want from Durant. I do not see Lenny Wilkins getting rid of Kurt Thomas at all, he probably add two more seasons on his contract if the growth of Durant improvement start showing game after game this season to next season.

P.S. I still say that the BEST PF that could've help out the growth of Curry & Frye was Veteran Survivor Kurt Thomas. The same Marbury & Kurt Thomas Pick n Roll play that worked 70% of the time was used by the Knicks opositition teams the past two seasons and worked well in giving the Knicks a 23 and 33 WIN Season...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i dont know wat lenny wilkens is doing, he just let go of 2 elite shooters in the NBA, shouldnt u have some kind of veteran to help out durant, wit a deadly shooter like ray or rashard, it would make durants life much easier

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This one is going to bite the Suns in the ass come playoff time next year. Kurt was the only one playing Tim Duncan well. Their run and gun style will still give them a great regular season record, but when it comes to a best of seven playoff series, their lack of defense will be exposed and will be beaten by any good defensive/low post scoring team. Kurt was their best defender and to trade him for next years 2nd round pick is tragic.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
It seems like the Phoenix Suns has not change since the 1980's, they only want players for 2 or 3 years before trading them. I guess to stay on the Phoenix team for longtivity without relocating your family you have to do the samething PG-Keven Johnson and Penny Hardaway did each season get injured. They gave away Kurt Thomas and a first rounder for no player in return so they wont have to pay the $10 million in luxury Tax. Meaning they are too Cheap to be a Championship Contender but they are a WINNING Team.

Kurt Thomas played an outstanding Role in Phoenix Post Season games, especially when Amare Stoudemire was suspended in the Spurs vs Suns game where the Spurs were beating poor Steve Nash up merciless throughout the series.

Marion is the longest player on the Phoenix roster and rumors after their post season game this season were that he would be traded this offseason because of their luxury Tax situation. But it look like Kurt Thomas name was pulled out of the hat instead of Marion. But .... then again, the offseason isnt over yet.

Lenny Wilkins is a sly G.M. now cleaning house for the Sonics much wiser than our Isiah Thomas who could not trade Allan Houston, whom all of us Old Knick Fans knew Allan Houston was never going to help Zeke out to get a WINNING season not after he traded Charlie Ward and Cold FIRED Coach Chaney before a game.
Lenny Wilkins got rid of all the veteran Franchise Players distractions from his Star Rookie Durant before Training-Camp starts this season.
The addition of C/F-Kurt Thomas is a Prize in itself to have in the same Lockerroom and Practice with Durant this 2007-8 season.
Kurt Thomas Performance is consistent and that is what Lenny Wilkins want from Durant. I do not see Lenny Wilkins getting rid of Kurt Thomas at all, he probably add two more seasons on his contract if the growth of Durant improvement start showing game after game this season to next season.

P.S. I still say that the BEST PF that could've help out the growth of Curry & Frye was Veteran Survivor Kurt Thomas. The same Marbury & Kurt Thomas Pick n Roll play that worked 70% of the time was used by the Knicks opositition teams the past two seasons and worked well in giving the Knicks a 23 and 33 WIN Season...

Lenny Wilkins is not the Sonics GM. SAM PRESTI- the youngest GM in the league.
Lenny Wilkins got fired from the Sonics 2 weeks before the draft. He wanted to get back into coaching and presti said no.

Kiyaman

Legend
i dont know wat lenny wilkens is doing, he just let go of 2 elite shooters in the NBA, shouldnt u have some kind of veteran to help out durant, wit a deadly shooter like ray or rashard, it would make durants life much easier

Having Veteran Experience C/F-Kurt Thomas on and off the court personality around your Rookie Star Durant is a Positive move. Kurt Thomas offers Big-Man Leadership on bothsides of the court.
Lenny Wilkins is only interested in the grooming of Durant right now for the future.
Example: Orlando having injured Grant Hill work ethics around Howard was a positive move the last 3 seasons in the Lockerroom and practice.

What gets me the most about this trade is Phoenix is still being Cheap when they have Championship caliber players on the roster and could use some Role Player help off the bench like Kurt Thomas who stepped up his game vs Tim Duncan Spurs in the Post Season game.
Phoenix was Cheap when Barkley took them to the Finals, that offseason rather than build around that rotation they destroyed it.
However,

Phoenix is the oposite of the Knicks.

Phoenix knows how to trade for outstanding NBA Players that help their team WIN. The Knicks were not able to do that since Laydumb & Zeke took over.

The Knicks under Zeke knows how to Draft outstanding players for the NBA. Phoenix does not have a clue on how to do that, they lucked-up and got Amare Stoudemire in the draft on the strength of all the Media Sports Writers saying he would become the first pick after his freshmen year in college.

Phoenix is not in denial, they know they dont have the resources to pick a decent player out of the draft with a late first round pick. So they clear the cap space hoping to find the NBA player that will help them Keep having a WINNING 82 Game regular season.
We Knick-Fans know now that grading Zeke on trading for NBA Players has graded a F (for Failure) in that department.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lenny Wilkins is not the Sonics GM. SAM PRESTI- the youngest GM in the league.
Lenny Wilkins got fired from the Sonics 2 weeks before the draft. He wanted to get back into coaching and presti said no.

WOW! my BAD! I thought that Lenny Wilkins was still in charge of the Sonics. Well, Young Presti is doing a great Job if you ask me. Everthing that he did this offseason was positive for the sake of the future of the Sonics.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
WOW! my BAD! I thought that Lenny Wilkins was still in charge of the Sonics. Well, Young Presti is doing a great Job if you ask me. Everthing that he did this offseason was positive for the sake of the future of the Sonics.

Ya he was assistant GM in San Antonio... lol, those fuckers always lucky in the draft

I think we may see some more of that Pick and Pop with Steph and Zach this year. Zach does like to shoot the jumper, and that would give the Knicks another offensive scheme rather than just dumping it down low

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think we may see some more of that Pick and Pop with Steph and Zach this year. Zach does like to shoot the jumper, and that would give the Knicks another offensive scheme rather than just dumping it down low

Then why didn't we use the pick and roll with Frye? He is a much better jumpshooter than Zach.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
To My fellow Knicks fans and posters,
Know one on the face of this earth other than NY fans gives a crap about Kurt Thomas. This was not a loss for Phoenix. Thomas kept the bench warm. I read some one say Thomas was the only one that could guard Duncan. Allot of good it did! Kurt was a great defender and played with heart but his time is over. In NY Thomas could play out of position at Center. Those days are over in the east and you know they are over in the west. How in the blue hell is Kurt Thomas going to guard Duncan one night and Yao Ming the next? The best we can expect from Thomas at this point is a solid back up PF. Thomas need to go to Dallas and back up Dirk. Then go chill on the side lines and call the games.

metrocard

Legend

Sonics had no chance in the West anyway with Allen and Lewis, why not trade him them for potential franchise players. Durant is going to be a phenom. Kurt Thomas is one of the best post/man to man defenders in the NBA. Damn, Kurt was a gangsta, I miss him.