Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62

Thread: Making Knicks a .500 Team

  1. #16
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Trade Crawford and we're good money.

  2. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Trade Crawford and we're good money.

    For Who???

  3. #18
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i dont thinkmany teams are in need of an undersized guard who doesnt pass too much, is a average shooter, and plays subpar d. all for an overpriced contract.

  4. #19
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    For Who???
    1st or 2nd round draft pick.
    Cheap contract
    Defensive perimeter guy
    3pt shooter.
    Jose Juan Barea

    Any of the five.

  5. #20
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm down with that....except for Jose Juan Barea. I'd take him if we get some picks in return. But the team preferably needs a 3pt shooter first and a defensive perimeter guy 2nd. With Curry and Randolph up front we really don't need a guard to shoot 15-17 shots a game and only make 35-40% of them.

  6. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    trade crawford for marco bellenili(golden state warriors) i know that would never happen but id rather bellenili

  7. #22
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Get it Right
    All the midseasons aquisitions (T.Thomas and Francis) did not work hard enough at the end of the season or during Training-Camp and the Preseason games to Mesh with Marbury to gain a Starters Job on this Knick Team.

    Eddy Curry was a "Heart-Patient", untill after the two weeks he signed with the Knicks, ask every NBA Team accept the Bulls and Knicks while Curry was a FA. The question still remains how are you going to Start a "Heart-Patient-Player" at the start of the regular season games who did not go through Training-Camp or the Preseason games with either the Bulls or Knicks teams?

    The Previous season Q.Richardson had a successful season as the Suns Starting SF, but was injured throughout the Knicks Training-Camp and Preseason games. What kind of gun did he have to become the Knicks Starting SG at the start of the regular season?

    At the end of the offseason the Knicks did a sign and trade for FA Crawford to become a Knicks Starter that same season. To many slow Knick-Fans (who dont know the History) actually thought that "Allan Houston" was going to play for his enemy (Detroit) Isiah Thomas, after he traded and Fired Houston's Best Friends (Charlie Ward and Coach Don Chaney).
    Allan Houston would have chose Charlie Ward to play with him over Marbury against any team in the league, because of their chemistry together beating Marbury Nets and Crawford Bulls teams every time with just Sprewell and Kurt Thomas in their lineup.

    Adding Zack to the Knicks STARTING lineup at the start of the regular season vs players like Howard, Bosh, Wallace, J.O'Neal, Haslem, Ben, and Gooden, will not be a WISE move.
    Now adding Zack vs teams bench players is a very Wise and successful decision for the Knick team, untill he learn how to mix well with the Knicks Starters (maybe in the second half of the season).
    i never said TT or Francis were good acquisitions... so please stop bringing up those two bums... TT only works hard every time his contract is up... he's a bum like Jerome James... Francis has an inflated ego and thinks he's better than he is... he was brought in by IT because Brown wanted to shyte on Steph... remember that...

    despite that... TT was on the roster the last time we made the playoffs...

    Ask the Celtics, Bulls, Pacers, Lakers, TWolves if they'd start Curry... that's ridiculous... you complain about Curry's production with nothing but opinion... people bring facts and you return with more opinion? when Curry shoots 20+ shots he is efficient... yes... he turns it over... and he could be a better defender and rebounder... but if you were a head coach... you'd seriously only play curry 20+ minutes a night? you and doc rivers should form a committee of bad coaches...

    Who would you have started ahead of Q Rich? IT knew he had a bum back... so I kinda agree with you to a point... but seriously... who on the roster would you have started over Q?

    You really think Houston sat out all those games cuz his feelings were hurt? Why did he try to come back time and time again then? Houston has too much class to pull a steve francis... don't insult his integrity...

    these are both predictions... but if Zach AND Curry start... that's the best 4/5 combo than any team in the league... Bosh/Rasho? Howard/Battie? Wallace/Brown? O'Neal/Foster? Gooden/Ilguaskus? Haslem/Shaq? KG/Perkins? c'mon dude... no one is messing with our duo... Lee backing them up gives us the best trio at those positions...

  8. #23
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    chi is the only one that comes to mind with a one-two punch down low, and ben is limited offensively. in terms of pure scoring i think our bigs are the best in the east, obviously they lack in d and rebounding, but in terms of offense i dont think its close. most teams have a scrub playing c so that their big guy is protected in defensive matchups and doesnt get in trouble. were not protecting anyone with our lineup which should create lots of fouls on star pfs (hopefully).

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    i never said TT or Francis were good acquisitions... so please stop bringing up those two bums... TT only works hard every time his contract is up... he's a bum like Jerome James... Francis has an inflated ego and thinks he's better than he is... he was brought in by IT because Brown wanted to shyte on Steph... remember that...

    despite that... TT was on the roster the last time we made the playoffs...

    Ask the Celtics, Bulls, Pacers, Lakers, TWolves if they'd start Curry... that's ridiculous... you complain about Curry's production with nothing but opinion... people bring facts and you return with more opinion? when Curry shoots 20+ shots he is efficient... yes... he turns it over... and he could be a better defender and rebounder... but if you were a head coach... you'd seriously only play curry 20+ minutes a night? you and doc rivers should form a committee of bad coaches...

    Who would you have started ahead of Q Rich? IT knew he had a bum back... so I kinda agree with you to a point... but seriously... who on the roster would you have started over Q?

    You really think Houston sat out all those games cuz his feelings were hurt? Why did he try to come back time and time again then? Houston has too much class to pull a steve francis... don't insult his integrity...

    these are both predictions... but if Zach AND Curry start... that's the best 4/5 combo than any team in the league... Bosh/Rasho? Howard/Battie? Wallace/Brown? O'Neal/Foster? Gooden/Ilguaskus? Haslem/Shaq? KG/Perkins? c'mon dude... no one is messing with our duo... Lee backing them up gives us the best trio at those positions...
    Wazup Shairan, you got me mixed-up on this one. I want to see alot of Curry & Zack on the court together, but not as the Knicks Starters at the opening of the 2007-8 regular season. They are not Super All-Star complimentary players like KG, Ray, and Pierce whom are bonafied creative Leaders on the court with their teammates in meshing & Bonding together.
    The Knicks have alot of decent Players that has played their best consistently with teammates they are familiar with.
    Last season STARTING Francis & Jared Jefferies for 30 MPG early in the season, with second season player Frye clueless of his positions on court alongside of Curry on offense/defense help the Knicks get off to another terrible start. Is this what we want this upcomming season?

    I want the Knicks to get off to a great START at the opening of this regular season, because they have the chemistry players on the roster to do this.
    The Knicks have Players that will make it very hard to draw-up a scouting report on defending the Knicks in the first and third quarter, early in the season if Zack come off the bench (you dont throw all your weapons in the game at the Start of it).
    Example:
    Finley has been the number one underatted player in the NBA his entire career. When he signed with the Spurs in the offseason the Spurs knew he was much better than Ginobli in alot of things however, Finley did not know the Spurs game plan or all his teammates weak & strong areas. So it took Finley practically a season to become a Starter on the Spurs. And the same thing with Barry.

    Everyone keep saying that David Lee is great comming off the bench which is true, and that he will receive 30 MPG which is great. However ......
    Why cant the new player Zack Randolph be the one comming off the bench and receiving 30 MPG for the first 41 games of the season???

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Oh yeah, what do integrity got to do with Allan Houston whom help the Knicks to get to their last Postseason games (him and whomever was left of the Laydumb Players). Do you recall the words and comments of Tim Thomas about the Knicks team when he got hurt in the first game of the playoffs?

    Do you remember Patrick Ewing performance after Starks & Oakley was traded? And Ewing performance after the fist fight between G.M. Ernie Grunfield & Coach Van Gundy, where Grunfield was FIRED immediately the next day, and Coach Van Gundy was next with all of the Knicks BIG Brass comming to the game to watch his coaching. All of a sudden the Knicks went from the 13 seed to the 8th seed and onto the NBA Finals.
    Talk about integrity!
    Patrick Ewing forced the Knicks to trade him after his team just went to the Finals...

  11. #26
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Patrick Ewing forced the Knicks to trade him after his team just went to the Finals...
    Wow...when was this? lol

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Wow...when was this? lol
    The 1999 Offseason, when the Knicks was so busy looking for a G.M., and did not draft Ron Artest offseason.

  13. #28
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    So you're telling me Patrick Ewing...one of the greatest knicks of all-time demanded a trade from a team that he's spent his whole career with?? For some reason i find that hard too believe...besides where's the facts to this assumption?

  14. #29
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Wazup Shairan, you got me mixed-up on this one. I want to see alot of Curry & Zack on the court together, but not as the Knicks Starters at the opening of the 2007-8 regular season. They are not Super All-Star complimentary players like KG, Ray, and Pierce whom are bonafied creative Leaders on the court with their teammates in meshing & Bonding together.
    The Knicks have alot of decent Players that has played their best consistently with teammates they are familiar with.
    Last season STARTING Francis & Jared Jefferies for 30 MPG early in the season, with second season player Frye clueless of his positions on court alongside of Curry on offense/defense help the Knicks get off to another terrible start. Is this what we want this upcomming season?

    I want the Knicks to get off to a great START at the opening of this regular season, because they have the chemistry players on the roster to do this.
    The Knicks have Players that will make it very hard to draw-up a scouting report on defending the Knicks in the first and third quarter, early in the season if Zack come off the bench (you dont throw all your weapons in the game at the Start of it).
    Example:
    Finley has been the number one underatted player in the NBA his entire career. When he signed with the Spurs in the offseason the Spurs knew he was much better than Ginobli in alot of things however, Finley did not know the Spurs game plan or all his teammates weak & strong areas. So it took Finley practically a season to become a Starter on the Spurs. And the same thing with Barry.

    Everyone keep saying that David Lee is great comming off the bench which is true, and that he will receive 30 MPG which is great. However ......
    Why cant the new player Zack Randolph be the one comming off the bench and receiving 30 MPG for the first 41 games of the season???
    I feel your argument about guys that already have chemistry earning playing time and that Zach hasn't been a winner yet... but I'm saying you play your best players... Zach may be willing to sacrifice his numbers... but he'll be more productive starting... Lee, Collins, Nate, Crawford (maybe), Balkman (maybe), D-Nice, Chandler and Morris are gonna be a 40+ ppg squad... we remind me of those Portland squads that had 10 guys average double figures... each of our starters can go for 20 a night and we have 3 - 5 bench guys that can give us double figures...

    you're also right about Ewing forcing the trade... but as stubborn as i think he was... I just don't think he'd sit out the FINALS to prove a point... especially since he never won a ring... not everyone is Willis Reed...

    Hou tried to come back waaay too many times for me to believe he was faking it... camby, mcdyess and some others have complained about our doctors and training staff in the 90s... maybe they exacerbate the problem...

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default ESPN evaluation of Knicks hopes

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    After reading the above article and weighing it carefully with Isiah Thomas coaching (rotations) and selection of players, some of this truth is hard to swallow being a Knick Fan.

    Last season if Head Coach Zeke would have stood his grounds as a hard nose coach by Starting "Marbury & Crawford" for 82 games and had Francis come off the bench to prove himself alot of things would have worked out for the best.
    Also when David Lee & Balkman came off the bench and played 100% better alongside of Curry & Q.Richardson than Channing Frye throughout the first 15 games of the season that automatically sent electrical sparks to the media and fans that doubted Zeke draft pick for Balkman over Williams. Balkman showed 6th-Man performances, and David Lee performance went to the next level as a Knick Starter alongside of Curry & Q.Rich. Changes should've been made imediately.

    When Jared Jefferies came off the injured list and was healthy to play, it was to late the SF position was locked down with great performances for 48 MPG from Starter Q.Richardson and backup Rookie Balkman. When Head Coach Zeke showed he did not care how well "Q.Richardson & Balkman" were performing at the SF position, when he put Jared Jefferies at the SF position for 30 minutes of playingtime his first time playing as a Knick, and the next game imediately put Jared Jefferies in the Starting Lineup at SF over Q.Richardson given Jefferies 30 MPG.

    That sowed the Knicks 2006-7 Season up for me, that was BUM Coaching and stupid-move of "Save-Face" coaching to showcase the G.M. selection of new players added to the roster which stopped the team from playing the best chemitry players together. Now Zeke Knick Team is adding a new traded player this offseason to their regular season Starting lineup because of his Stat-Sheet record and high contract (Zack Randolph).

    This is why every NBA sports writer dont give the Knicks a even chance at making the Playoffs this upcomming season because of having Curry & Zack start the first and third quarter of each game.

    Did'nt we learn that Crawford is a better PARTNER for Marbury than Francis?
    It has been obvious as the SUNLIGHT of mourning dew that David Lee is the BEST Partner for Eddy Curry in any lineup the Knicks made the last two seasons. I would rather see Malik Rose Start with Eddy Curry than Zack Randolph...

Similar Threads

  1. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  2. Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jul 25, 2007, 22:38
  3. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37
  4. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  5. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 22:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •