Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Making Knicks a .500 Team

we don't know if DLee is the best since none of us have watched the Zach and Eddy show...

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    we don't know if DLee is the best since none of us have watched the Zach and Eddy show...
    i totally agree with shairan... dlee is a major part of our team so there's no need to worry about him getting playing time, he'll definitely get his particularly at end of close games just like he did last year... even with zebo in the mix... whether he starts or not will depend on several factors-- who's healthy and who's hurt? who's playing well and who's not? who are we playing against? what's our gameplan coming into the game?

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by highesthigh
    i totally agree with shairan... dlee is a major part of our team so there's no need to worry about him getting playing time, he'll definitely get his particularly at end of close games just like he did last year... even with zebo in the mix... whether he starts or not will depend on several factors-- who's healthy and who's hurt? who's playing well and who's not? who are we playing against? what's our gameplan coming into the game?
    Thats crazy, did you say just like last season (33 WIN season).

And yes Starting is a BIG THING! ask Marbury & Curry with Frye, Jefferies, and Francis? Big Joke lineup. LOL

The Knicks had a 23 WIN season because of a million different Starting lineups.
    The Knicks had a 33 WIN season because of their Starters failure in the first or third quarter.

Do I need to bring-up the Knicks WIN & LOST record with David Lee as a Starter?
    For one second think of Zack, Balkman, Nate, and Collins comming off the bench vs Knick opositions. Thats 35 + points and 18 rebounds off the bench per game.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

while this guys paints a bleak picture of 08 - 09... i think some of his assumptions are faulty... he said franchise is more productive than steph, q and craw for instance...

but he did mention that if Zach and Curry play their average mpgs next year... 36 and 35 respectively... there's 25 minutes available at 4 and 5...

here's where it gets interesting... when Lee plays at least 24 minutes... we were 21 - 22... when he plays less we were 12 - 27...

if IT takes away just 3 minutes from Curry and ZBo... Lee can average 30 minutes per game... while keeping Z and Curry happy and productive... we can be close to .500 with just that move... add our experience from this year...

Kiyaman... Lee (10 - 15 pts.; 10 - 15 rebs), Balkman (6 - 8 pts, 6 - 8 rebs), Collins (3 - 6 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assts), Robinson (10 - 12 pts; 2 rebs; 3 - 4 assts)... 29 - 37 pts, 21 - 28 rebs and 8 or so assists... this would also be our running team... a nice change of pace from our slow half court starters... i like our roster... wear them down with our starters... then bring in the bench to run them ragged...

while this guys paints a bleak picture of 08 - 09... i think some of his assumptions are faulty... he said franchise is more productive than steph, q and craw for instance...

but he did mention that if Zach and Curry play their average mpgs next year... 36 and 35 respectively... there's 25 minutes available at 4 and 5...

here's where it gets interesting... when Lee plays at least 24 minutes... we were 21 - 22... when he plays less we were 12 - 27...

if IT takes away just 3 minutes from Curry and ZBo... Lee can average 30 minutes per game... while keeping Z and Curry happy and productive... we can be close to .500 with just that move... add our experience from this year...

Kiyaman... Lee (10 - 15 pts.; 10 - 15 rebs), Balkman (6 - 8 pts, 6 - 8 rebs), Collins (3 - 6 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assts), Robinson (10 - 12 pts; 2 rebs; 3 - 4 assts)... 29 - 37 pts, 21 - 28 rebs and 8 or so assists... this would also be our running team... a nice change of pace from our slow half court starters... i like our roster... wear them down with our starters... then bring in the bench to run them ragged...
    thanks for clearing that up, shairan...

Question Mark

Originally Posted by metrocard
    1st or 2nd round draft pick.
    Cheap contract
    Defensive perimeter guy
    3pt shooter.
    Jose Juan Barea

Any of the five.
    I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD TRADE JAMAL CRAWFORD FOR A SECON ROUND PICK WHEN CRAWFORD IS THE SECOND BEST PLAYER ON THE KNICKS AFTER CURRY.REMEMBER IF CRAWFORD DOESN'T GET INJURED LAST SEASON KNICKS GO TO THE PLAYOFFS.I THINK CRAWFORD IS A GOOD ENOUGH 3PT SHOOTER AND HE IS BETTER THAN JOSE JUAN BAREA.THE ONLY THING I WANT FOR CRAWFORD IS A FIRST ROUND PICK(TOP 10).

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by BleedOrangeAndBlue
    I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD TRADE JAMAL CRAWFORD FOR A SECON ROUND PICK WHEN CRAWFORD IS THE SECOND BEST PLAYER ON THE KNICKS AFTER CURRY.REMEMBER IF CRAWFORD DOESN'T GET INJURED LAST SEASON KNICKS GO TO THE PLAYOFFS.I THINK CRAWFORD IS A GOOD ENOUGH 3PT SHOOTER AND HE IS BETTER THAN JOSE JUAN BAREA.THE ONLY THING I WANT FOR CRAWFORD IS A FIRST ROUND PICK(TOP 10).
    Crawford isn't better than Marbury, Richardson, Balkman, Lee or Randolph.

Crawford is a 32% 3pt shooter, he isn't a GOOD 3pt shooter.

Crawford is not worth a top 10 pick. He's a 27 year old one dementional SG who averages 17 ppg on 40% FG and 32% 3pt. He plays wreckless on the court and is a player who keeps teams from advancing to the playoffs. Never made the playoffs because when you play Crawford as your first or second option, your bound to lose. As we saw with Chicago and New York.

Why are the hell are you typing in the caps?
    Last edited by metrocard; Aug 07, 2007 at 08:33.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Crawford isn't better than Marbury, Richardson, Balkman, Lee or Randolph.

Crawford is a 32% 3pt shooter, he isn't a GOOD 3pt shooter.

Crawford is not worth a top 10 pick. He's a 27 year old one dementional SG who averages 17 ppg on 40% FG and 32% 3pt. He plays wreckle on the court and is a player who keeps teams from advancing to the playoffs. Never made the playoffs because when you play Crawford as your first or second option, your bound to lose. As we saw with Chicago and New York.

Why are the hell are you typing in the caps?

Very good point about Crawford, that is why I dont care if Chandler was drafted before D-Nichols, I would sign D-Nichols just to backup Crawford at the SG position. He may start out slow in the beginning with 8 to 12 MPG but I'm sure by Midseason just playing the SG position D-Nichols will be very progresive in midseason with 18 to 20 MPG. His peremeter defense may turn the entire Knick Team around.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Very good point about Crawford, that is why I dont care if Chandler was drafted before D-Nichols, I would sign D-Nichols just to backup Crawford at the SG position. He may start out slow in the beginning with 8 to 12 MPG but I'm sure by Midseason just playing the SG position D-Nichols will be very progresive in midseason with 18 to 20 MPG. His peremeter defense may turn the entire Knick Team around.
    Exactly. I rather take a chance and give Chandler or Nichols an opportunity as the back up two guards and start Collins or Richardson. I believe we're solid at the 2, just need Artest, and we'll be set.

You cannot have Crawford and Curry on the same team, its not going to work, ever. They're like a circus version of Kobe/Shaq

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Yawn! Crawford is not as bad as you guys make him out to be. The only part of his game that needs work is his shot selection. Crawford is solid on defense, has great handles and works well with Curry and Marbury. You do not want to leave Crawford open. He's a solid clutch player. He aint Houston or Ray Allen but Crawford is good. That being said I'd trade him and Richardson for the right player.

Nyk Logo

You have to realize also, when doing minutes per game, eddy's minutes increase, when lee misses 14 games, boosting his curry's avg. So naturally he would lose some minutes each of the 14 games that lee would have played, decreasing his total minutes making his avg lower. Say curry played extra 6 minutes when lee was out every one of those 14games, thats an extra mintue, to his avg.

Nyk Logo Crawford, does not compliment marbury

Originally Posted by donchris
    Yawn! Crawford is not as bad as you guys make him out to be. The only part of his game that needs work is his shot selection. Crawford is solid on defense, has great handles and works well with Curry and Marbury. You do not want to leave Crawford open. He's a solid clutch player. He aint Houston or Ray Allen but Crawford is good. That being said I'd trade him and Richardson for the right player.
    Crawford takes the ball out of marbury's hands, crawford has a great handle for sg, not point guard, he's makes to many turnovers when he handles the ball.. Marbury, has much better handle, actually shoots better from 3. But marbury needs the ball. Cut jamaal crawfords time with ball and cut marbury loose! Marbury is so talented, and we have shackled him here in NY. Jamaal takes way to many shots, and turns over to much to have the ball. Sure he's exciting, but he's sub par starter, a bench player at best. Sure he can turn the corner still, plenty of guys are late bloomers. But While steph is still young, i'd rather have him cut loose, playing like old steph, who avged 20pt and 8 assists for like 7-8yrs until crawford took the ball out of his hand.

Originally Posted by jzero29
    Crawford takes the ball out of marbury's hands, crawford has a great handle for sg, not point guard, he's makes to many turnovers when he handles the ball.. Marbury, has much better handle, actually shoots better from 3. But marbury needs the ball. Cut jamaal crawfords time with ball and cut marbury loose! Marbury is so talented, and we have shackled him here in NY. Jamaal takes way to many shots, and turns over to much to have the ball. Sure he's exciting, but he's sub par starter, a bench player at best. Sure he can turn the corner still, plenty of guys are late bloomers. But While steph is still young, i'd rather have him cut loose, playing like old steph, who avged 20pt and 8 assists for like 7-8yrs until crawford took the ball out of his hand.
    jamal took the ball from steph??? steph passes the ball to jamal... it's called an assist... steph averages 8 a game for his carrer... that's his job... if anybody takes the ball from steph that's called a steal... not jamal, they're on the same team!!! you mean jamal play some point while steph play some 2, that's a switch, every team does that... you mean jamal comes in for steph sometimes, that's a substitution, every team does that too, you have to give steph a rest sometimes... steph is getting too much rest??? i don't know... you think???

Veteran

Jamal Crawford dribble the ball way to much in every halfcourt set.
    And Marbury and the coach (Wilkins, Herb, Brown, and Isiah) does nothing about Crawford 7 seconds or more dribbling in a halfcourt offense.
    Marbury does the same thing when he is aghausted in the 4th quarter.

The Knicks have to wake up their Backcourt players in the passing game this 2007-8 season.
    The Frontcourt Bigmen Curry & Zack are going to have to start passing that ball back out or pass to each other this 2007-8 season.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Jamal Crawford dribble the ball way to much in every halfcourt set.
    And Marbury and the coach (Wilkins, Herb, Brown, and Isiah) does nothing about Crawford 7 seconds or more dribbling in a halfcourt offense.
    Marbury does the same thing when he is aghausted in the 4th quarter.

The Knicks have to wake up their Backcourt players in the passing game this 2007-8 season.
    The Frontcourt Bigmen Curry & Zack are going to have to start passing that ball back out or pass to each other this 2007-8 season.
    jamal dribble too much... ok, not as much as francis though...