Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Knicks roster evaluation, any complete players?

  1. #1
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Knicks roster evaluation, any complete players?

    Do the Knicks have any complete players? Not that you have to do everything to be succesfull. But The knicks seem to lack anyone with out substantial holes in there game. From injury prone to inconsistence, No defense and only defense. The knicks could have some trouble.

    Curry good post up offense, no short jumper. If he developes this teams will have to come away from the rim to guard him, and his quick feet can blow by them. and forget defense. Some stamina issues, he improved last year.

    Lee He plays good D, makes mistakes here and there, rebounding machine. Has limited offensive skills. runs the floor well. High energy player.

    Marbury can handle the rock, can shoot, can drive, no real offensive hole, and plays good defense. Probably best all around player on knicks, his only weakness is getting his team involved, which he's made strides in recent years.

    Crawford Not sure where to start, he also has decent all around talent, but unfortunately not good or great at much. he's not a good passer or ball handler(to many turnovers, to have rock so much, better handle than most sg, not consistent with the decisions though) he's not a good shooter(low FG% and 3pt FG%) his defense is okay. killer crossover is his best feature. He does come up big sometimes and is exciting to watch, but exciting doesn't always equal wins. He's not really good at anything enough to make him valuable. To inconsistent. See many many post on this!

    Q-rich He's Got a good shot, he's got good defense, rebounds, can't really beat his man off the dribble. but can cut and slash. Can post up as well. Has decent all around game, but is injury prone. Hurt back is a big problem in his game.

    Jerome James What can i say about jerome james? he's fat, plays good d but eats to much, no stamina, no offense, horrible signning.

    Jarred Jefferies Does he play on the knicks? No offense sub-par d? all around clown, terrible signing. Has potential to turn it around, but does he have the desire?

    Nate robison Surprisingly not so bad d-fense, not that great either, but not bad and his offense is pretty well rounded, he won't be posting anyone up. and he'll get posted. But he's quick, decent bench player. Nice outside shot. Lacks size, but has ups and quickness.

    Renaldo balkman Great energy player, great hustle(one of my favorites) he rebounds on offense and defense, runs the floor well, good defense. Reminds me of the humpty dance song. Digital underground, humpty hump? Never see a lack of effort from this guy, can develope into whatever he wants, he just currently has no shot, he can develope, his offense needs to improve.

    Malik rose He's a hustle player, rebounds plays good D, Professional, okay short range shot, not really much on the offense. Kinda just takes up space. Which is good on defense, no so good on offense.

    Mardy collins had his share of rookie mistakes and had his share of decent moments. Didn't play enough for me to get a good idea on. He started out terrible, but played strong at end of season. TO inconsistent and not enough to judge on. Good defense. Offense was so so, for a rookie, with no play time. He could be a good all around player this year. it's unknown. Plus you can say that about anyone. Young and inexperienced.

    Randolph Morris Not much to say about him either, played few times last year, didn't do much of anything. He had decent summer league, but that doesn't translate to NBA level ball. This is what I hear about him, good defense, solid rebounder but not much offense. Some say his points all came from tip ins and put backs. He's young and inexerienced.

    Nichols and chandler Two rookies, haven't seen them play, nichols from what i hear has a good outside shot, something the knicks really need. We'll see how it goes. Chandler needs to work on his offense. I'm sure both of them will be typical inconsistent rookies who don't play to much. They have a lot to learn.

    Dickau and jones both players showed signs of good play, dickau has been hurt, and jones, just has been getting shipped around. Not really much use on knicks, who have a ton of guards already. Don't really know much about them. Dickau, may be useful at pointguard, jones? not really sure what he brings. Dickaus outside shooting maybe a welcome addition, no idea about his d or handle or really anything.

    Zach randolph I am excited about his offense, post up, short to mid range jumper. Rebounds well, something that eddy curry needs help with, but i hear that he's not so good on defense? something eddy curry needs help with. we'll see.



    I know you don't have to be great at everything to have a succesful career. But teams have to be good at everything, and it's individuals need to compliment each other. Like eddy currys lack of d isn't helped by randolphs lack of D. Jarred jefferies lack of everything doesn't help anyone. The lack of quality outside shot hurts knicks. Injuries. The knicks need to build on defense and thats a hole most of these players have. Center not being good at defense, that needs to improve. SG/PG chucking(crawford), needs to be curbed. Let true point handle the rock. Let true shooters shoot, He should warm bench, give others a chance, and supply excitment and scoring off bench or for another team.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by jzero29
    Do the Knicks have any complete players? Not that you have to do everything to be succesfull. But The knicks seem to lack anyone with out substantial holes in there game. From injury prone to inconsistence, No defense and only defense. The knicks could have some trouble.

    Curry good post up offense, no short jumper. If he developes this teams will have to come away from the rim to guard him, and his quick feet can blow by them. and forget defense. Some stamina issues, he improved last year.

    Lee He plays good D, makes mistakes here and there, rebounding machine. Has limited offensive skills. runs the floor well. High energy player.

    Marbury can handle the rock, can shoot, can drive, no real offensive hole, and plays good defense. Probably best all around player on knicks, his only weakness is getting his team involved, which he's made strides in recent years.

    Crawford Not sure where to start, he also has decent all around talent, but unfortunately not good or great at much. he's not a good passer or ball handler(to many turnovers, to have rock so much, better handle than most sg, not consistent with the decisions though) he's not a good shooter(low FG% and 3pt FG%) his defense is okay. killer crossover is his best feature. He does come up big sometimes and is exciting to watch, but exciting doesn't always equal wins. He's not really good at anything enough to make him valuable. To inconsistent. See many many post on this!

    Q-rich He's Got a good shot, he's got good defense, rebounds, can't really beat his man off the dribble. but can cut and slash. Can post up as well. Has decent all around game, but is injury prone. Hurt back is a big problem in his game.

    Jerome James What can i say about jerome james? he's fat, plays good d but eats to much, no stamina, no offense, horrible signning.

    Jarred Jefferies Does he play on the knicks? No offense sub-par d? all around clown, terrible signing. Has potential to turn it around, but does he have the desire?

    Nate robison Surprisingly not so bad d-fense, not that great either, but not bad and his offense is pretty well rounded, he won't be posting anyone up. and he'll get posted. But he's quick, decent bench player. Nice outside shot. Lacks size, but has ups and quickness.

    Renaldo balkman Great energy player, great hustle(one of my favorites) he rebounds on offense and defense, runs the floor well, good defense. Reminds me of the humpty dance song. Digital underground, humpty hump? Never see a lack of effort from this guy, can develope into whatever he wants, he just currently has no shot, he can develope, his offense needs to improve.

    Malik rose He's a hustle player, rebounds plays good D, Professional, okay short range shot, not really much on the offense. Kinda just takes up space. Which is good on defense, no so good on offense.

    Mardy collins had his share of rookie mistakes and had his share of decent moments. Didn't play enough for me to get a good idea on. He started out terrible, but played strong at end of season. TO inconsistent and not enough to judge on. Good defense. Offense was so so, for a rookie, with no play time. He could be a good all around player this year. it's unknown. Plus you can say that about anyone. Young and inexperienced.

    Randolph Morris Not much to say about him either, played few times last year, didn't do much of anything. He had decent summer league, but that doesn't translate to NBA level ball. This is what I hear about him, good defense, solid rebounder but not much offense. Some say his points all came from tip ins and put backs. He's young and inexerienced.

    Nichols and chandler Two rookies, haven't seen them play, nichols from what i hear has a good outside shot, something the knicks really need. We'll see how it goes. Chandler needs to work on his offense. I'm sure both of them will be typical inconsistent rookies who don't play to much. They have a lot to learn.

    Dickau and jones both players showed signs of good play, dickau has been hurt, and jones, just has been getting shipped around. Not really much use on knicks, who have a ton of guards already. Don't really know much about them. Dickau, may be useful at pointguard, jones? not really sure what he brings. Dickaus outside shooting maybe a welcome addition, no idea about his d or handle or really anything.

    Zach randolph I am excited about his offense, post up, short to mid range jumper. Rebounds well, something that eddy curry needs help with, but i hear that he's not so good on defense? something eddy curry needs help with. we'll see.



    I know you don't have to be great at everything to have a succesful career. But teams have to be good at everything, and it's individuals need to compliment each other. Like eddy currys lack of d isn't helped by randolphs lack of D. Jarred jefferies lack of everything doesn't help anyone. The lack of quality outside shot hurts knicks. Injuries. The knicks need to build on defense and thats a hole most of these players have. Center not being good at defense, that needs to improve. SG/PG chucking(crawford), needs to be curbed. Let true point handle the rock. Let true shooters shoot, He should warm bench, give others a chance, and supply excitment and scoring off bench or for another team.

    Steph is a complete player and JC is closest we have after him whether you like it or not mister! Q too.

    Curry can be if he plays defense. Lee too. Balkman if he gets a decent jumper. Nate too if he stopped running under the screen.

    You should really consider keeping all the JC bashing to one thread though lol...

  3. #3
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    7

    Default I have a new target!

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Steph is a complete player and JC is closest we have after him whether you like it or not mister! Q too.

    Curry can be if he plays defense. Lee too. Balkman if he gets a decent jumper. Nate too if he stopped running under the screen.

    You should really consider keeping all the JC bashing to one thread though lol...
    I herby like to apologize about my JC bashing...well not really, he's still over paid and over rated. But Malik rose makes just as much, and doesn't bring half as much to the knicks! I was unaware that they pay malik rose 7.1million per year!!! JC 7.9mill per! I knew jamaal was overpaid, but rose!!!!!Seriosly Malik rose!!!!almost 7.1 million!!!! seven Million, one hundred thousand!!!! WOW no wonder the knicks have such terrible Cap troubles. Sick!!! There is 7million that you are paying 7 million in luxary tax and the guy doesn't even really play? 12 minutes a game? I like rose, he's a role player, the type of guy you can pay 2-3mill for, not 7 million!
    Crawford, while i do not relinquish the fact that i think he is bad fit for knicks, and over paid, is by far not as overpaid as malik rose? Jerome james is pretty badly over paid but only makes about 5.8 million, for a guy who played maybe 5 minutes here and there!!!

  4. #4
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Zach and Curry only need to play adequate man/position defense in the post if Q, Steph, Naldo and Collins are healthy... if the perimeter guys can keep their man infront of them, we wouldn't need to rely on help defense as much...

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    Zach and Curry only need to play adequate man/position defense in the post if Q, Steph, Naldo and Collins are healthy... if the perimeter guys can keep their man infront of them, we wouldn't need to rely on help defense as much...

    I seen the perimeter defenders get blame for the job the bigs should be doing better. If your bigs don't defend well off the pick and roll, you're dead. And the Knicks bigs don't do that. I seen the Knicks bigs allow too many gaurds free reign off the picks. The gaurds can only do so much. They have to run around the picks, but the bigs must help on the pick. If Curry does not do that... if Lee does not do that... And it the box score gaurd so and so has 30, at the end of the game its like man... these gaurds cant gaurd anyone!


    That is why it's called team defense. The bigs need to play better team defense. Period. TOO many times I seen Steph have his man locked, then comes the pick and Eddie does not help well enough... 3. Or Lee... 3. Frye... 3.

    Meanwhile guys like Mourning who is 500 still chases the gaurds beyond the 3 point line to allow his teammate to recover and get his man... like a good help defender is supposed too. When the Knicks bigs do that, teams will score a lot less.

    Don't get me wrong, they do get beat at times as well, but with these gaurds in the league, you have to expect that more anyways. They are too good. The Bigs must help.... Not watch the little guys run free and lay them up (CURRY LEE )

  6. #6
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    that's what i'm saying though... if Curry and Randolph can play adequate man defense... they should be following the 4 or 5 who sets the pick... it's up to IT whether guards go over (to defend the shot) or under (to defend the drive)... so on the switch... if Curry and ZBo are close... one would HOPE they can cover the shooter while the guard recovers... but between Steph, Q, Balkman, Collins, even Chandler and Nichols... we have enough perimeter guys to defend the best in the league...

  7. #7
    Member brooklyn_baller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Well I think Crawford could carry the Knicks if Isiah can give him a chance to play. Lee has improved with the rebounding for us. Besides them two, nobody has the bravery to carry us.

  8. #8
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    ummmmm... that would be mr. eddy curry... thank you...

  9. #9
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Co-sign to the max about Crawford, jzero is on fire with his threads.

  10. #10
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jzero29
    I herby like to apologize about my JC bashing...well not really, he's still over paid and over rated. But Malik rose makes just as much, and doesn't bring half as much to the knicks! I was unaware that they pay malik rose 7.1million per year!!! JC 7.9mill per! I knew jamaal was overpaid, but rose!!!!!Seriosly Malik rose!!!!almost 7.1 million!!!! seven Million, one hundred thousand!!!! WOW no wonder the knicks have such terrible Cap troubles. Sick!!! There is 7million that you are paying 7 million in luxary tax and the guy doesn't even really play? 12 minutes a game? I like rose, he's a role player, the type of guy you can pay 2-3mill for, not 7 million!
    Crawford, while i do not relinquish the fact that i think he is bad fit for knicks, and over paid, is by far not as overpaid as malik rose? Jerome james is pretty badly over paid but only makes about 5.8 million, for a guy who played maybe 5 minutes here and there!!!
    crawford gets paid 7.9 million, dats exactly what he's worth, and why u acting like is if it was the knicks who gave malik rose that contract, and since when is jamal overrated??? jamal rarely gets prased for good things, ya just love to attack the bad things and make it seem as if he was wack

  11. #11
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    crawford gets paid 7.9 million, dats exactly what he's worth, and why u acting like is if it was the knicks who gave malik rose that contract, and since when is jamal overrated??? jamal rarely gets prased for good things, ya just love to attack the bad things and make it seem as if he was wack
    How is crawford overpaid???? dude gets 7 mil.....rip hamilton gets 10 mil....now you guys may think rip does more but lets look at the stats....
    Crawford 18 ppg, rip 19
    Craw 3.2 boards, rip, 4
    craw, 1 steal/game, rip 0.8
    craw 0.1 blocks, rip 0.2 blocks
    craw 84% ft%age, rip 86%
    craw 33% 3pt, rip 34%
    craw 40% fg percentage, rip, 45%

    crawford is not as bad as u guys make him seem...there is too much player hating on this site....except for james, jeffries and rose threads....our team is solid

  12. #12
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    in other words, crawford is not overpaid....i agree that his salary matches his abilities

  13. #13
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    How is crawford overpaid???? dude gets 7 mil.....rip hamilton gets 10 mil....now you guys may think rip does more but lets look at the stats....
    Crawford 18 ppg, rip 19
    Craw 3.2 boards, rip, 4
    craw, 1 steal/game, rip 0.8
    craw 0.1 blocks, rip 0.2 blocks
    craw 84% ft%age, rip 86%
    craw 33% 3pt, rip 34%
    craw 40% fg percentage, rip, 45%

    crawford is not as bad as u guys make him seem...there is too much player hating on this site....except for james, jeffries and rose threads....our team is solid
    exactly, it also doesnt hurt to know jamal is a much better player in da clutch, wasnt it jamal who killed detroit twice da last two years?!haha

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Knick fans are never satisfied. They always find a reason to bash one of their best players. Nothing new.

    They are just now appreciating Ewing. While he was here? He's slow. Why he finger roll? If we had Shaq he woulda banged that. Why don't we go more to Mason? He can handle, Post, he don't shoot j's like wack Pat! The Knicks will lose as long as they have Pat. Never mind he played his behind off on knees most grown man would not go to work and sit behind a desk for 8 hrs making 6 figures with. Never mind Pat played with at best a host of C+ players in his prime ( Oakley, Mason, Harper, Starks, all C players at best, don't wanna hear it ). Never mind when he actually started to get B talent he was broken down ( LJ, Houston, Spree, Childs ) Had he played with the second crop of players in his prime he'd have a few rings. Of course, when he is gone, we finally see his worth, as we usually do.

    Same with Houston who was a bum cuz he could shoot the J and did not need to go to the rack. He was guilty of being, get this ladies and gents, THE VERY ESSENCE OF A SG! Because he was not MJ or someone similar, he was not good enough for NY. Figures. People tend to forget how important he was to the title run in 98. You would think if you heard people talk about him, he had nothing to do with it. And this by so called FANS OF THE TEAM! And right on Q, now that he is gone, Look at how many WE NEED A SG threads there are? LOL!!!!!

    In NY, we tend to overrate players on championship teams, and underrate players who were great, but could not win it alone, which no athlete has ever done in team sports ( AND YES THAT EVEN MEANS JORDAN ). For instance, next to LT, NY has never seen anyone nearly as good a defensive player as Strahan. But unlike LT, Strahan did not get to play with othr HOF and win the Superdowl. So because of that, Strahan will go down as a great player that could not get it done. He is very unappreciated. Though even at his age, you don't see anyone at his position that can rush the passer, and stop the run year in and out. He is as rare a player as you will see manning his spot in history, yet, he will be viewed in a marginal light for the most part around here.

    That's just NY for ya.

  15. #15
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Jamaal hating

    The fact remains that only one of either, crawford or marbury, who can prosper in isiahs system, They both need the ball to play to there potential, and steph can avg over 20, with crazy assists. Much like his phoenix years. crawford, will never be as good as steph. He's decent player, but not in the role he played last year, he dominates the ball and keeps it out of the knicks best all around guard hands. It's pointless to have both these players on same team. unless one is coming off the bench. I thinkwith Curry establishing himself, and the addition of randolph, if we cut steph lose and let him play like he did with phoenix, let steph be steph and be the man. I think they could have similar success as the marbury run phoenix. A dangerous competitive team, that makes playoffs. Unfortunately, with crawford on board, and isiah running the offense through crawford, marbury can't display the talents he is KNOWN to have. Instead all the clueless knick fans want Crawford to show the Talent people BELIEVE he has. People just want to believe crawford is awesome because he's a knick. He's not.Every one is waiting for crawford to reach his POTENTIAL, instead of letting Marbury play at the level he's capable of. Crawford's okay, but he totaly takes the ball out of stephs hands and makes steph, less involved and less valuable. Steph can get the ball to curry, give him a chance, maybe he didn't buy into the curry thing, but after curry established himself, You know he's in.
    The idea of creating a team and obtaining players, you have an idea and get guys who fit together. Crawford plays marburys role, ditch crawford and set marbury free!!! Put crawford in a role like ginoblli's. Bench player. or he can start as long as he can play without the ball. Or ball as 4th option. He had, third most attempts on offense, and he would have easily been #2 if he didn't play 15 games less than marbury(who had only 60 more than jamaal) If jamaal had shot his avg 15 attempts per game, for 15 games, thats 225, he would have shot 165 times more than steph. Not to mention, in those 15 games he would have taken some shots away from steph. so we're talking over 165 more than steph, the all around superior guard. This year crawfor cannot be the second option again, he's at least 4th. behind curry/randolph/marbury then crawford.

Similar Threads

  1. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  2. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37
  3. Webpage or blogs of Knicks' players
    By tuki_knicks in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 02, 2007, 17:05
  4. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  5. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 22:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •