Remember that Goal Tending Call?

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Anyone remember that Goal Tending Violation, Steph shot the layup and Dwight Howard blocked it by the basket; this happened towards the end of the season vs the Magic. The Knicks were irate, from the coaches to the players, to the fans.

I'm just curious if anyone has a video of it, I'm sure like some others I'm trying to see if Donaghy made the call or if it was another ref. That was one of the most BLATANT BAD CALLS all season long. and it was in a close game.

Hope you can help me.
Anyone know which ref made the call?

"That was clear as day it was goaltending," Knicks guard Stephon Marbury said.

Marbury drove into the lane on the next trip and seemed to have a layup before Howard leaped high to swat it away. Knicks coach Isiah Thomas said the official "missed it," but Magic coach Brian Hill said he didn't think it was "anywhere near close to being goaltending."

As for Howard's take?

"The ref said it was clean, so I guess it's clean," he said.

Either way, it helped Orlando snap a tie with New Jersey in the standings. The Magic were coming off a victory over the Nets, who are two games ahead of 10th-place New York for the last spot.

This game could have put the Knicks in a tie with Orlando and NJ I think... Talk about serious implications forget the spurs/suns

Needless to say, it could have been the one rogue ref

Last edited:

Trin_Starr

Starter
I'm not sure who it was but I think the NBA needs to refund all the players and coaches who got fined for saying something bad about the officiating...
Sometimes the NBA executive board thinks they are so pure - and that insinuating that a referee did a poor job was liable to get someone a hefty fine - well now those bastards should refund some money!!

It's one of these 3 guys:
#31 Scott Wall
#49 Tom Washington
#28 Tommy Nunez J.R.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
well after much investigation I found, TD was not a ref at that game

Officials:
#31 Scott Wall
#49 Tom Washington
#28 Tommy Nunez J.R.