Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 84

Thread: Hit the Panic Button

  1. #46
    Newbie Ewings Knicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Why the F*** is everyone panicing Don't u people believe in your team. Some of you act like we have the worst team in the NBA. Stop F***ing whining and at least wait until 25 to 30 games into the season before you start your bitching. All the Curry and Crawford haters you must be on CRACK. These 2 r good players and there Not going any where. Get use to it. If they were free agents I'm sure many teams would sell their mother to have them join their team. RELAX fellow brethran it's only August 1st.
    Last edited by Ewings Knicks; Aug 01, 2007 at 16:01.

  2. #47
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    F#ck the Celtics. How about we just worry about ourselves and our team. Celtics are going to be good, but i truely think were going to be alot better as well.


    Plus as much as i want us to be true contenders i still think were young at alot of key points so we should be looking to improve and get some bad contracts off the books, not to mention watching the full growth and potential of Balkman, Collins, Lee, Chandler, and Nichols. You all worry about Bostons big three but what happens if any of those young guys turn into a big time player, then we have a pretty formidable team as well. Celtics MAY and i mean MAY win the East this year, but we have the possibilities of winning the East in the years to come after this upcoming season.

    One last point remember when the Lakers brought in Karl Malone and GP to play on a much better LA team they never truely jelled and got beat be a team, not a group of individuals.
    Last edited by Trin_Starr; Aug 01, 2007 at 16:50. Reason: expletives

  3. #48
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    F#ck the Celtics. How about we just worry about ourselves and our team. Celtics are going to be good, but i truely think were going to be alot better as well.
    I agree!
    I live in CT and trust me Boston fans are the worst right now - they think they are the **** now. It's like they have come out in hiding and started bashing the knicks every chance they get.


    I don't know how people can waste time to print this ****:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Read the comments

    I understand from strictly a bball standpoint - it makes the celtpricks a contender - but damn - don't let those a$$holes get gassed up and think they can start ****ting on our team!

  4. #49
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    KG is still an unselfish superstar, and thats the huge difference and that nullifies your post. Celtics got two superstars, and Knicks got one borderline all star. If you can't this, you seriously need to fight Isiah Thomas for brainwashing you.

    ShairanXIII, Bell and Barnes are excellent defenders with jumpshots and can play multi positions. Boykins is a 5"5 guard who can score. Celtics don't need him though. Rando and Perkins can fit the roles perfectly. Rando is a good passer/excellent defender. Perkins can rebound the ball well. Gomes, Powe, Big Baby, Pruitt , and Tony Allen isn't bad. You just need an 8 man rotation, the other 4 guys are just in case for injury.

    Its simple, Isiah has progressed the Knicks, no question. Isn't that his job though? He hasn't progressed the Knicks to medicore yet, we've still an unproven team who can reach .500. It took us what, 4 years to get to that level? Don't reward or credit Isiah. Ainge stock piled on young prospects and got the best player in the NBA, along with the best shooter in the NBA, automatically making the Celtics a top 2-3 team in the East.

    I'm sick of riding on this 4th year of Isiah's 12 year slow ass plan. I have patience, but this is ****ing ridiculous. Why does everyone progress ahead of us, while we have to settle with sub par .500 basketball?

    I'm also sick of this love Isiah has with his Chicago players. Eddy Curry? He's holding us back from getting better, along with Isiah. Why? Isiah believes Curry can be a franchise player and the main focus of the team. Okay, thats nice. Lets compare Curry to other Franchise players in the NBA and the main focus, why would he rank?

    ATL - Johnson > Curry
    ORL - Howard > Curry
    MIA - Wade > Curry
    CHA - Okafor > Curry

    PHI - Iggy > Curry
    BOS - Garnett or Allen or Pierce > Curry
    TOR - Bosh > Curry
    NJ - Kidd or Carter > Curry

    DET - Hamilton or Billups > Curry
    IND - O'Neil > Curry
    CLE - James > Curry
    Bucks - Redd > Curry
    CHI - Deng/Gordon > Curry


    LAL - Bryant/Odom > Curry
    LAC - Brand > Curry
    GSW - Davis > Curry
    PHX - Amare, Marion or Nash > Curry
    SAC - Martin > Curry (avg more points on less turnovers)

    DEN - Anthony > Curry
    UTA - Boozer or Williams > Curry
    MIN - Jefferson > Curry
    POR - Roy > Curry
    SEA - Durant < Curry (right now)

    DAL - Dirk or Howard > Curry
    SA - Parker or Duncan > Curry
    HOU - T'Mac or Yao > Curry
    NO - Paul > Curry
    MEM - Gasol or Gay > Curry


    With that said, let me ask you guys and Isiah something.

    How the hell are we going to the 07-08 season thinking we can be sucessful and compete with other teams when our "best" "franchise" and "main focus in offense" is Curry; when compared to the rest of the NBA it seems like we the weakest "best" "franchise" and "main focus in offense". Our "Franchise" player is a B- level player. All the other franchises in the NBA is a B+ or A level player. Thats not BEING very competitive at all.

    Listen, everyone is progressing and I don't like it. Theres too much hope on Curry, and we need to get a real franchise player.

    Isiah's standard of sucess is Layden's failure. This is why we're never going no where.

    We didn't get KG because

    Eddy Curry is "untradeable" Curry is no Al Jefferson, but I'm sure if you packed Curry, Crawford, Richardson for KG, thats as good as value Boston offered. Boston offered a starter and a couple of bench players. Jesus christ Isiah, what the hell are you doing with yourself? KG has an expiring contract too. We could of resigned him to whatever.


    Isiah's love with our mediocre players continue to hold us hostage of this sub par .500 level of basketball. Kinda like how Fidel Castro holds back his Cuban boxers from being successful else where.
    Finally we agree on something. Isiah isn't taking this team anywhere...not to the penthouse, but we haven't left the doghouse either. This team ain't going anywhere this year...I know I said in another thread that I thought this team could win 41 games...after this acquisition I am going to say 38 now...

    38 Wins...

    Isiah needs to be fired...and we need to eat these contracts A.S.A.****in.P.

    We're letting Boston, our ARCH NEMISIS for crying outloud get A SERIOUS UPPER HAND...WE ARE NEW YOURK ****ING CITY...and this sorry excuse for a team is what we got for ball players?

    We'd do better drafting from the Rucker and giving those guys 2 mill per season..

  5. #50
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    U have to respect the Boston trade and Ainge, for one reason. This was a job saving/political trade for all parties involved. It was looking messed up for the Twolves for NEVER getting KG the help he needed except for that one pipe dream of a season when he got Spree and Sam.

    Then Ainge needed this trade as well because Boston wanted and Pierce, wanted to WIN NOW. As opposed to waiting 3-4 years for that to happen...pretty much Paul pushed this and management atleast on paper did deliver...they got both an 11 and 7 time All Stars respectively...


    **The ironic thing is if anyone cares to remember the 1996 draft..Marbury and Ray Allen were traded for eachother..had both teams that day kept their original picks....Ray Allen would HAVE BEEN IN MINNY with KG...already...NOW IMAGINE HOW THAT WOULD HAVE PLAYED OUT?

    KG, ALLEN FROM DAY 1 IN MINNY....they would've been won a title...or atleast been something like how Dallas is now...always in the mix seemingly.***

    Now in a twist of fate we kind of get to see that happen...cept it's both a well over a decade later in both of their careers.

  6. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Wow..

    I see a lot of Curry bashing in this thread. I said it already, but I'll say it again. Because of Zach, the league is in trouble. If you can't double Curry he will avg 30 a game with no problem. These same people here saying gu such and such> Curry will be piggy back ridin so hard come the season when he can't be stopped. Likely saying they knew he'd do it all along.

    Can't wait til the season starts. Really.

  7. #52
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    F#ck the Celtics. How about we just worry about ourselves and our team. Celtics are going to be good, but i truely think were going to be alot better as well.


    Plus as much as i want us to be true contenders i still think were young at alot of key points so we should be looking to improve and get some bad contracts off the books, not to mention watching the full growth and potential of Balkman, Collins, Lee, Chandler, and Nichols. You all worry about Bostons big three but what happens if any of those young guys turn into a big time player, then we have a pretty formidable team as well. Celtics MAY and i mean MAY win the East this year, but we have the possibilities of winning the East in the years to come after this upcoming season.

    One last point remember when the Lakers brought in Karl Malone and GP to play on a much better LA team they never truely jelled and got beat be a team, not a group of individuals.
    I understand, but this is the NBA. The Knicks play in the NBA, so we have to worry about the competition, don't you understand?

    People buying into Isiah's bull**** now will come around next season (just exactly like this year) and lately realized what Knick fans like me realized long ago.

    KG with Cassel, Sprewell and other scrubs went deep in the Western Conference finals.

    You're telling me KG can't do the same with Pierce and Ray Allen in the eastern conference? btw, Celtics just signed Eddie House, they're not done with their bence. I'm really SICK of seeing other teams improve, while our answer to all our problems is Zach Randolph. Is this a joke? You guys actually buy this ****? It has to stop, its been going on for 4 years and you guys still don't get it. Wait wait, you think Isiah deserves 4 more years to prove himself? LOOOOOL, mad laughs yo.

    We're battle with the 76ers...are you ****ing serious, why the hell you won't press the panic button? Save this "Ride or Die with Isiah" nonsense for another team. We're still at the bottom until we prove we can play defense and take care of the ball. We can rebound, we can score, but those things become irrevelant if we're giving easy points away all the time, every god damn year too.

  8. #53
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    I watched the press conference. I'm sure most people did. You know what I saw. The accident that waiting to happen. KG stole the thunder, while the other guys (WOW! who would ever think of Shuttlesworth and PDuece as others?) sat there. And now comes there real question, whose ego will get to them first. Pierce was dubbed the savior, couldn't get it done. Look at Phoenix, they have a big three, the were trying to move the most versatile piece in Shawn Marion this offseason. Why? Ego. They don't get along as much there anymore.

    My point is about half court based teams are that they ultimately win in the finals. Look at 1999 till now. Look at the winning teams and the style of play and see if there a common denominator. 1999 Spurs (Half Court Team Duncan & Robinson), 2000-2002 Lakers (Half Court Team Shaq), 2003 San Antonio (Half Court Team Duncan), 2004 Detroit (Half Court Team) 2005 San Antonio (Half Court Team), 2006 Miami Heat (Half Court Team) and finally again 2007 San Antonio (Half Court Team). So us being a half court based team that runs when given opportunity makes us contender more than pretender. If we use that to our advantage. That's my point. I have reread my posts and I did read any major ifs. The Knicks will win. They'll be in the playoffs. That's my opinion.

    The Celtics have a big 3 with some big ifs. If they stay healthty. If Ray & Tony Allen are/stay healthty. If they get enough complimentary role players. If Doc Rivers can keep the egos in check. If these players in garnett especially can handle the sometimes overtly racist media of Massachusetts. That was KG's drawback before, and that hasn't changed. Nothing in life is a given. So for all the posts stating that all is doom and gloom. RELAX Y'ALL! The season hasn't started. Whine to me if we start 0-7. Other than that, get outside and enjoy the summer. This stuff will work itself out regardless. Boston has 54.4Mil in 3 players. Now lets see who they bring in. You may get 60pts out of the big 3, but they'll need at least another 35PPG from somewhere. The guys left over Brandon Wallace, Rajon Rondo, Leon Powe, Kendrick Perkins, Gabe Pruitt and Glen (Fatbaby...oops, Big Baby ) Davis ( a poor man's crack headed version of Eddy Curry or Tractor Traylor Pt.2 or the remix whatever you want). Those cats might get 35 points versus me, but I'm not ballin in the L. They put no fear in my heart. Till the season starts, consider my panic button broken.







    Btw, some say we're going to be really good, can I get some explanations why?

    You could please try to understand the difference between really good and an improvement from last season. Improvement from last season does not = very good, comprende?

    Lee, Collin, Robinson and Balkman will immensely improve which is a plus.

    Marbury will be better cause he's more comfortable now and recovered from the BS he had with Larry Brown.

    Q-Rich stays healthy, we're set at the SG position.

    Those are for certain, everything else is a big what if. Isiah supporters do love using those IFs.

  9. #54
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Everyone needs to chill... Ray Allen is 32 and coming off surgery on BOTH ankles... how long did it take Grant Hill (who was younger AND much less jumpshot dependant) to recover from his ankle injuries?

    KG is a beast... instantly the best PF in the east... but he was the 2nd best PF in the west his entire career as well... and Bostonians HATE PP (the ones I speak with at least)... let's see if he can keep from pouting and adjust to being #2 on his team...

    realistically, I'm not worried about Bos' cap number either... most teams splurge on their big three and sign reserves for reasonable sums... NJ, WAS, PHO, etc...

    we do have to remember that Doc is a ****ty coach... he blew that 3 - 1 lead to detroit a couple seasons ago...

    speaking of history... everyone seems to be ignoring Trin_Star's point... Hou brought in three HOF (two of which won a title together in 95)... and didn't do ****... LA tried to pull the same stunt... usually... when teams try to buy a chip by bringing in allstars... it bites them in the ass...

    plus... like dr. carpy said... Bos has a 3 year window at MAX to win the chip with this squad... Jersey is still a better team... Was is comparable (Gil, Butler, Jamison, Stevenson, Daniels, Thomas and Co.)... we're deeper but unproven... and younger... I like our position... Ainge gave away his entire young core for ONE guy... Minny got the better end of this trade IMO...

    Metro... I know your frustration... but all we can do is speculate about Curry, Zach and Craw next season... Curry said at the end of last season that he took the blame for our ****ty record and committed himself to working harder than ever this off season... reports from Q Rich, Malik and Agguire say he's on schedule and their really impressed by him... me and you can only speculate about what he'll do next year... but all those in the know (EC and his teammates and coaches) seem to think he will be a beast...

    haven't heard shyte about Craw so the jury's still out on him... and I have faith in ZBo from what I saw in Portland... again... I don't have inside info...

    this is the way i see it... we have the better 5 and 1... they have a better 4 and 2 (assuming Shuttlesworth stays healthy)... if Q is healthy I think the 3 is a wash as well... BUT... IT > Doc... our bench > their bench...

    is it possible their big three add more value than our 12? sure... but none of us know for sure... and there are prolly 3 spots up for grabs next year (Mia, Orl, Tor)... for 4 new teams Bos, NY, Atl, Mil... next season is gonna be exciting...

    [unsubstantiated conspiracy theory]stern needs the Atlantic to be relevant next season to rebuild the league's image... he already did his magic in bos... now he pressures Buss to move Kobe to the mecca[/unsubstantiated conspiracy theory]

  10. #55
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Ewings Knicks
    Why the F*** is everyone panicing Don't u people believe in your team. Some of you act like we have the worst team in the NBA. Stop F***ing whining and at least wait until 25 to 30 games into the season before you start your bitching. All the Curry and Crawford haters you must be on CRACK. These 2 r good players and there Not going any where. Get use to it. If they were free agents I'm sure many teams would sell their mother to have them join their team. RELAX fellow brethran it's only August 1st.

    Why the F*** is everyone panicing Don't u people believe in your team. Some of you act like we have the worst team in the NBA.
    Dont Panic!!!!! with a 23 WIN season, and a 33 WIN season. That's two LOTTERY Seasons if you ask me. Can it get any WORST.

    Right now all the Boston Celtics NEED is a decent pure PG (Brevin Knight), and they are going to the Eastern Conference Finals.
    No one can stop "Pierce or KG" in the 4th quarter from WINNING a game.
    They will stay at the foul line.

    Us Knick Fans should be furious at Isiah Thomas last 4 year plan.
    Especially, with all the empty roster spots that the Boston Celtics have open this offseason for FA Role-Players, or waive or cut players that will make the team, and make the Celtics Franchise-Three even better.

  11. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard







    Btw, some say we're going to be really good, can I get some explanations why?

    You could please try to understand the difference between really good and an improvement from last season. Improvement from last season does not = very good, comprende?

    Lee, Collin, Robinson and Balkman will immensely improve which is a plus.

    Marbury will be better cause he's more comfortable now and recovered from the BS he had with Larry Brown.

    Q-Rich stays healthy, we're set at the SG position.

    Those are for certain, everything else is a big what if. Isiah supporters do love using those IFs.
    You cannot discount Curry. Im sorry , you just can't. Anyone discounting Curry is seriously just not paying attention to what he did last year in basically 3 1/2 months. He went from being a bum first couple months, to leading the NBA in points in the paint. Contrary to popular belief ( media and some fans on this board ) Curry is still the #1 option. No ifs and or buts. Especially because Zach can play the high post. The fact that Zach Randolph is the number 2 option is what should scare people. That is flat out sick. And what is worse than that, is Steph is the 5th option.

    Boston boast 3 all stars. The Knicks have one player that has been an all star on their team. People don't look at Steph as a star, but he is a better player than Ray Allen and always has been. Curry will be the starting Center in the east for sure this season. So while the attention is warranted in Boston, the Knicks have a roster full of up and coming athletes.

    And remember this... House, Allen, Pierce ... None of those guys are known as great defenders. Pierce is a quality defender at best. Allen on 32 on bad ankles don't have a chance at gaurding anyone of our gaurds. KG, while a very good defender is shutting down Zach when? When is that happening? And Curry just flat out can't be stopped anymore. Period. Boston plays a much defense as we do at this point, with less overall talent. And we will be soon getting Artest... No way Zeke does not get him now after this move. I'd be shocked if he does not.

  12. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    You cannot discount Curry. Im sorry , you just can't. Anyone discounting Curry is seriously just not paying attention to what he did last year in basically 3 1/2 months. He went from being a bum first couple months, to leading the NBA in points in the paint. Contrary to popular belief ( media and some fans on this board ) Curry is still the #1 option. No ifs and or buts. Especially because Zach can play the high post. The fact that Zach Randolph is the number 2 option is what should scare people. That is flat out sick. And what is worse than that, is Steph is the 5th option.

    Boston boast 3 all stars. The Knicks have one player that has been an all star on their team. People don't look at Steph as a star, but he is a better player than Ray Allen and always has been. Curry will be the starting Center in the east for sure this season. So while the attention is warranted in Boston, the Knicks have a roster full of up and coming athletes.

    And remember this... House, Allen, Pierce ... None of those guys are known as great defenders. Pierce is a quality defender at best. Allen on 32 on bad ankles don't have a chance at gaurding anyone of our gaurds. KG, while a very good defender is shutting down Zach when? When is that happening? And Curry just flat out can't be stopped anymore. Period. Boston plays a much defense as we do at this point, with less overall talent. And we will be soon getting Artest... No way Zeke does not get him now after this move. I'd be shocked if he does not.
    I TOTALLY agree with your statements and I couldn't have said it any better myself! IMO,with Randolph as the 2nd reliable low-post scorer on this team Zeke should be able to afford to let Curry grow into the protector of "our paint".If he does get into foul trouble then the ball will be sent down low to Z-BO while Curry is on the bench.If he follows this plan Curry and Z-BO could become All-Stars!!

  13. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    To everyone hear hears a newsflash...I went to bed black and woke up the same way! I get I'm black. Save the Negro Please for somebody else. I'm either a black man or afro-canadian. Negroes were people who couldn't drink from the same fountain, eat at the same restaurant, or enter through a front door. So dead the negro business. What next, a derogatory latin please or caucassian please? I've spent over 11000 days on the planet as black. save the reminders.

    The sad reality is you got to CBS sports or ESPN and there's more anti Knicks posts here. Why do other people believe we'll be formidable except the same handful of people here? Instead of constantly complaining about the Knicks, I don't know, try cheering for the Knicks for a bit before all the complaining starts. The season hasn't started yet. Yet people here write like we're 0-15 already.

  14. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    To everyone hear hears a newsflash...I went to bed black and woke up the same way! I get I'm black. Save the Negro Please for somebody else. I'm either a black man or afro-canadian. Negroes were people who couldn't drink from the same fountain, eat at the same restaurant, or enter through a front door. So dead the negro business. What next, a derogatory latin please or caucassian please? I've spent over 11000 days on the planet as black. save the reminders.

    The sad reality is you got to CBS sports or ESPN and there's more anti Knicks posts here. Why do other people believe we'll be formidable except the same handful of people here? Instead of constantly complaining about the Knicks, I don't know, try cheering for the Knicks for a bit before all the complaining starts. The season hasn't started yet. Yet people here write like we're 0-15 already.

    I don't think he meant it to be that serious. JMO. But I get your point. Not necessary.


    Knicks are going to be a good team this year. This is just Knick fans being Knick fans. If they did not complain, all would be well. The Knicks can win the title this year, and you'd still have 10 threads complaining before the euphoria wore off!

  15. #60
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    To everyone hear hears a newsflash...I went to bed black and woke up the same way! I get I'm black. Save the Negro Please for somebody else. I'm either a black man or afro-canadian. Negroes were people who couldn't drink from the same fountain, eat at the same restaurant, or enter through a front door. So dead the negro business. What next, a derogatory latin please or caucassian please? I've spent over 11000 days on the planet as black. save the reminders.

    The sad reality is you got to CBS sports or ESPN and there's more anti Knicks posts here. Why do other people believe we'll be formidable except the same handful of people here? Instead of constantly complaining about the Knicks, I don't know, try cheering for the Knicks for a bit before all the complaining starts. The season hasn't started yet. Yet people here write like we're 0-15 already.

    Nah, I don't really speak latin. I was just joking bro.

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    Everyone needs to chill... Ray Allen is 32 and coming off surgery on BOTH ankles... how long did it take Grant Hill (who was younger AND much less jumpshot dependant) to recover from his ankle injuries?

    KG is a beast... instantly the best PF in the east... but he was the 2nd best PF in the west his entire career as well... and Bostonians HATE PP (the ones I speak with at least)... let's see if he can keep from pouting and adjust to being #2 on his team...

    realistically, I'm not worried about Bos' cap number either... most teams splurge on their big three and sign reserves for reasonable sums... NJ, WAS, PHO, etc...

    we do have to remember that Doc is a ****ty coach... he blew that 3 - 1 lead to detroit a couple seasons ago...

    speaking of history... everyone seems to be ignoring Trin_Star's point... Hou brought in three HOF (two of which won a title together in 95)... and didn't do ****... LA tried to pull the same stunt... usually... when teams try to buy a chip by bringing in allstars... it bites them in the ass...

    plus... like dr. carpy said... Bos has a 3 year window at MAX to win the chip with this squad... Jersey is still a better team... Was is comparable (Gil, Butler, Jamison, Stevenson, Daniels, Thomas and Co.)... we're deeper but unproven... and younger... I like our position... Ainge gave away his entire young core for ONE guy... Minny got the better end of this trade IMO...

    Metro... I know your frustration... but all we can do is speculate about Curry, Zach and Craw next season... Curry said at the end of last season that he took the blame for our ****ty record and committed himself to working harder than ever this off season... reports from Q Rich, Malik and Agguire say he's on schedule and their really impressed by him... me and you can only speculate about what he'll do next year... but all those in the know (EC and his teammates and coaches) seem to think he will be a beast...

    haven't heard shyte about Craw so the jury's still out on him... and I have faith in ZBo from what I saw in Portland... again... I don't have inside info...

    this is the way i see it... we have the better 5 and 1... they have a better 4 and 2 (assuming Shuttlesworth stays healthy)... if Q is healthy I think the 3 is a wash as well... BUT... IT > Doc... our bench > their bench...

    is it possible their big three add more value than our 12? sure... but none of us know for sure... and there are prolly 3 spots up for grabs next year (Mia, Orl, Tor)... for 4 new teams Bos, NY, Atl, Mil... next season is gonna be exciting...

    [unsubstantiated conspiracy theory]stern needs the Atlantic to be relevant next season to rebuild the league's image... he already did his magic in bos... now he pressures Buss to move Kobe to the mecca[/unsubstantiated conspiracy theory]
    well said.

Similar Threads

  1. Multi quote button
    By rady in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 16, 2007, 00:51
  2. State of Panic: will only kill the Knicks
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2005, 14:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •