Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 84

Thread: Hit the Panic Button

  1. #61
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Finally someone in Boston got their head out of the clouds and wrote a realistic article.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Best quote from the article:
    Please, somebody, calm down, take off the green-and-white underwear and take a good look at the rest of the roster.

    LOL

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default They certainly have holes..

    That is why even when i first saw it I was but only so concerned. No cap room, and stripped of trade assets. They will be good, but I still think the Knicks are the more talented team on paper. Especially when we add Artest.

    Not to mention... this now gives us the inside track to get Kobe if there is a trade involving him ( Not likely this season )

  3. #63
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i say trade any1 on this team except 4 lee cury and crawford and randolph...and we ill be favorites to win the east immediately....WE WILL HAVE THE POST ON LOCK (OFFENSIVE WISE AT LEAST) and were gonna have the best sg in nba history running the back court show...how can we not make it deep in the playoffs????

  4. #64
    Member highesthigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i won't hold my breath on ron or kobe... if they want to be here they'll be here sooner or later without us gutting the team like ainge did to boston... and if they don't want to be here then f--k em... let's focus on what we got, and what we got is a hell of a lot closer to a complete team than what boston got... what they got is great if you're playing a 3-on-3 pick-up game... but a long nba season... they're f--ked... boston? playoffs? what playoffs? what park?

  5. #65
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by highesthigh
    i won't hold my breath on ron or kobe... if they want to be here they'll be here sooner or later without us gutting the team like ainge did to boston... and if they don't want to be here then f--k em... let's focus on what we got, and what we got is a hell of a lot closer to a complete team than what boston got... what they got is great if you're playing a 3-on-3 pick-up game... but a long nba season... they're f--ked... boston? playoffs? what playoffs? what park?
    You've said this atleast 10 times. We get it now.

  6. #66
    Member highesthigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    finally...

  7. #67
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by highesthigh
    i won't hold my breath on ron or kobe... if they want to be here they'll be here sooner or later without us gutting the team like ainge did to boston... and if they don't want to be here then f--k em... let's focus on what we got, and what we got is a hell of a lot closer to a complete team than what boston got... what they got is great if you're playing a 3-on-3 pick-up game... but a long nba season... they're f--ked... boston? playoffs? what playoffs? what park?
    you really think KG and Pierce... even if Allen is hurt... plus Scalabrine, Allen and Powe off the bench and Rondo and Perkins starting... can't make the playoffs?
    Last edited by ShairanXIII; Aug 03, 2007 at 12:04.

  8. #68
    Member highesthigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ok shairan, i'll meet you halfway because i think you're fair and well-informed... boston's a little better than a longshot... but a lock, absolutely not... they still have to put together a real team instead of a fantasy team, ok they got time to put this together but they are running out of money... and then they have to play this out just like everyone else... if they make it they make it, if not good riddance...

  9. #69
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    you really think KG and Pierce... even if Allen is hurt... plus Scalabrine, Allen and Powe off the bench and Rondo and Perkins starting... can't make the playoffs?
    their team outside the stars is rajon rondo, eddie house, big baby davis, kendrick perkins, tony allen, gabe pruit, brian scalabrine, and brandon wallace. so basically their pg cant shoot and is ok other than that in terms of offense and defense, they have undersized big men who arent real athletic or tall, cant score that well, a streaky shooter in eddie house, and not much of anything else other than a few rookies who havent proven anything yet. if the big 3 can stay healthy sure they should make the playoffs but thats an if. i think theyll be a 5-8 seed unless they win the atlantic. im just not ready to crown them atlantic champs before the season starts.

  10. #70
    Member highesthigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    their team outside the stars is rajon rondo, eddie house, big baby davis, kendrick perkins, tony allen, gabe pruit, brian scalabrine, and brandon wallace. so basically their pg cant shoot and is ok other than that in terms of offense and defense, they have undersized big men who arent real athletic or tall, cant score that well, a streaky shooter in eddie house, and not much of anything else other than a few rookies who havent proven anything yet. if the big 3 can stay healthy sure they should make the playoffs but thats an if. i think theyll be a 5-8 seed unless they win the atlantic. im just not ready to crown them atlantic champs before the season starts.
    yes, peter the russian... break it down, yo... f**k boston!!!

  11. #71
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Game Thread

    Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    their team outside the stars is rajon rondo, eddie house, big baby davis, kendrick perkins, tony allen, gabe pruit, brian scalabrine, and brandon wallace. so basically their pg cant shoot and is ok other than that in terms of offense and defense, they have undersized big men who arent real athletic or tall, cant score that well, a streaky shooter in eddie house, and not much of anything else other than a few rookies who havent proven anything yet. if the big 3 can stay healthy sure they should make the playoffs but thats an if. i think theyll be a 5-8 seed unless they win the atlantic. im just not ready to crown them atlantic champs before the season starts.
    You can't be serious to think Boston is finished with their off season. Plus most of the players you named can be average bench players. Rajon Rando is a STUD, their PG don't need to shoot, you have KG, Pierce, and Allen together. Perkins can play defense and rebound, but does nothing else really. Their bench is suspect yes, but Powe and Big Baby can solidify their back up front court, these guys were excellent college players and did great in the summer league. Lets talk about Boston in the preseason. lol @ you saying Powe isn't athletic, same with Wallace. Have you even seen these guys play? Theres a reason why they're on an NBA roster. They're not a championship team yet, but they're definately the favorites in the East.

  12. #72
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    ok maybe two of their minor players are athletic. but regardless, they dont have size and their main expected contributors are all sub par. obviously rondo isnt the focus of their offense but its a lot easier to guard a pg when you know hes not shooting and has no j and is just passing the ball. i dont think theyre finished but are they over the luxury tax? theres just not that many free agents left and they have no more pieces to make trades so barring a few minor signings i think theyre about done with moves. i still think its too early to annoint them favorites in the east but i think they certainly can be that good. right now id say favorites are cle, chi or det.

  13. #73
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    They're not a championship team yet, but they're definately the favorites in the East.

    They have not played a second together. Sorry, can't be favorites until they do. That is a joke. They are paper champs right now. So that means they are just as an enigma as the if you wanna go there.

    Technically speaking. I don't need there avgs. I don't need how they play individually so that will mean this or that. Until they play, it is fools gold to believe they will be favorites in the east. Det, Chi, Cle, Mia, And NJ probably lead that list.

    Not saying that Boston may not be able to play with or better than these teams, but until they prove they can play together, this all looks real nice.... On paper...

  14. #74
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    ok maybe two of their minor players are athletic. but regardless, they dont have size and their main expected contributors are all sub par. obviously rondo isnt the focus of their offense but its a lot easier to guard a pg when you know hes not shooting and has no j and is just passing the ball. i dont think theyre finished but are they over the luxury tax? theres just not that many free agents left and they have no more pieces to make trades so barring a few minor signings i think theyre about done with moves. i still think its too early to annoint them favorites in the east but i think they certainly can be that good. right now id say favorites are cle, chi or det.
    You should watch games of Rando, he penatrates at all. When you have a PG who can penatrate any time he wants, thats going to help Pierce, Allen and Garnett. Plus, since when Rando was a bad PG? I remember being a good college prospect and having good games off the bench for Boston. Plus, he plays DEFENSE, which is important when you have 3 superstars known for their offense.

    You think, but you don't know yet. The off-season isn't over yet. For all we know, Artest can be a Knick and the whole Alantic could turn over.

    Its too early to also doubt the Celtics. btw Detroit lost Delfino, so whats their bench like? We don't know. It could be good if Amir Johnson steps it up. You may not know alot about Amir Johnson, but we'll see. All they have is an aging McDysess and Murray. Jason Maxiell is pretty good, could he start with Rasheed though? I agree about the Cavs and Bulls.

    Knicks4lyfe, so? People knew the Lakers a couple years ago were going to the finals. Payton, Kobe, Malone and Shaq on paper was just too good. This isn't a comparision with the Lakers and the Celtics, but Celtics have the best trio in the NBA, and that should favorite team, especially in a league where superstars are heavily favored.

    You're right, we gotta wait till they prove it. But 6-9 months from now you could look back on this thread and say I was right. Come on, do you people know who Kevin Garnett is?

  15. #75
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    im not saying rondo is a bad pg or wont become a good one, but at the moment i think its safe to say he doesnt have the experience to run a team. key word - you said it yourself

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I remember being a good college prospect and having good games off the bench for Boston.
    i.e. hes never had to run the team as a starting pg and that as we know takes a few years of maturity to be able to do successfully. and of course a distributing pg is key to running offense. so whos his backup out of curiosity? just so many holes once you go past the stars.

    i think he may be a nice fit but i dont think chemistry among all their players can develop overnight as the knicks have seen. i think it takes them a year minimum to get that kind of chemistry and maybe add some more pieces. in a year or two if everyone stays healthy and meshes then id say theyre a lock for the atlantic/east.

    i agree detroit's bench isnt great but on the one hand they picked up some nice backup guards and i know johnson and maxiel are solid bench players.

    do you think in light of the ref scandal superstars are gonna get all the bull**** calls they usually get?

    we all know kg is top 3 talent in the league and noones gonna argue that. but it still comes down to the potential of everything coming together for them in boston. im convinced ray allen wont play more than 50-60 games for them and their lack of depth will then become a major problem. well see i guess though...

Similar Threads

  1. Multi quote button
    By rady in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 16, 2007, 00:51
  2. State of Panic: will only kill the Knicks
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2005, 14:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •