Hit the Panic Button

Starks

Starter
Okay its official, the Atlantic Division is no longer a joke.

Danny Ainge has single handedly beefed our divison up in a matter of 6 weeks. Our Knicks will have no choice but to grow up fast becuase if they had disgusting records for two years in a row in an anemic divison, they will get run out of the NBA if they keep praising morale victories in the divison we have now.

This is it fellas.

No more stupid fouls.
No more missing free throws.
No more Nate Robinson.
No more sulking on the bench.
No more giving Jarred Jeffries PT.
No more soft play from Curry
No more excuses.

If the Knicks have another crappy record, the playoffs will not be as easily attainable as it used to be (which we still couldn't get in, patheticly)

Do you really want to go to war with this roster????? I say we see how we do until December. At which point, we'll need to go after Artest. We can't wait for these guys to develop into a good team, becuase our division stopped waiting for us.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Hold up on the giddyup playboy!

The sky isn't failing. God you're a typical NY Fan. How healthy is Shuttleworth?(Ray Allen in he Got Game, if you don't know now you know.) We all saw H20 when things unravelled for him. That's gonna play a factor. How is that big 3 getting along? Until pre-season, these cats haven't played 1 second of NBA tic as a unit. As well they lost Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes. Three young talented pieces. have you seen the roster besides the big 3. I'll tell you this much, Boston has little margin for error. The Knicks will be just fine.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This reminds me of the Heat when they first got Eddie Jones and Bryan Grant. They are both washed up now but think back to when Eddie was playing for the Hornets and was an all-star and B Grant played for Portland with Sheed. When the Heat traded for them their roster was projected to take the east and at the time the Knicks made no major adjustments. As we know the Heat did nothing until they got Wade and Shaq which was 5 years later. But the Celtics situation is different, much different. Garnett is in his prime. Boston's got three guys that can put up a consistent 20 pts when ever they want. We definitely have more depth on our roster but make no mistake, the Celtics have brought in two very consistent players. Ether way if Garnett goes to Boston that will be good for the league and good for the east. We need a good rivalry in the east.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
yeah boston got ray allen, paul pierce and KG but after them who do they have, Scalabrine?? knicks are good for the moment but of course theres room for improvement, remember this, every night there will be a miss match down low, its either wit zach or eddy

jzero29

Rotation player
Looks like trouble.

This reminds me of the Heat when they first got Eddie Jones and Bryan Grant. They are both washed up now but think back to when Eddie was playing for the Hornets and was an all-star and B Grant played for Portland with Sheed. When the Heat traded for them their roster was projected to take the east and at the time the Knicks made no major adjustments. As we know the Heat did nothing until they got Wade and Shaq which was 5 years later. But the Celtics situation is different, much different. Garnett is in his prime. Boston's got three guys that can put up a consistent 20 pts when ever they want. We definitely have more depth on our roster but make no mistake, the Celtics have brought in two very consistent players. Ether way if Garnett goes to Boston that will be good for the league and good for the east. We need a good rivalry in the east.
I have to say KG is no, brian grant, brian grant had a handfull of good seasons, KG has had a ton. the Guy avgs 20 and 10, every year. sports center, just had a stat that chamberlin and bird only other players to do it longer than KG. The guys a star, Ray allen, who had a bad year last year, could rebound, hopefully not. The only possible kink in all this is the Fact that, pierce, dominates the ball, he shoots a ton, They will have to get a good system in place, for those three to get enough shots. Who do you get the ball to down by one? KG, pierce,ray allen? sick. Each one is dangerous all over. KG has good range and he's money inside. Allen and pierce have insane range and all can move. I think boston will take sometime getting chemistry, but will be one of the better teams at end of year.
We have no good matchups, KG or Curry, both can score,KG more consistent, and he plays crazy D. Randolph will dominate whoever he faces. Lee/Balkman Pierce. The which ever, they are in for a long night covering that guy. Ray allen v.s Q-rich/crawford again another long night. I have to say, lee on peirce and balkman on allen, may be our best bet, have steph at point and randoph curry? No one besides steph to spread floor.

Toons

is the Bo$$
OK, i dont understand u guys...i agree with dr. carpy 100% When isiah makes a move to bring in a 20 and 10 guy to the team, we all get on him because "there is only one ball to go around" but when boston brings in a 20 an d 10 guy, its the best gm move in history...that gets me thinking if this is really a knick fan site....
I was looking at our 1-3 loosng record against the seltics last season...crawford started 2 games and did not play in one....the 2 games crawfors started, he lit boston up for two 37 point games...now the most outstanding fact to me in this series is Why did we loose the other 3 games.....well i have the answer, no PF.....
The one game that w ewon, Frye had 13 points....the other 3 losses, the highest pf point total was frye again with 6 in 2 games, and malik rose with 2 pts, and fry came off the bench to bring 7 pts......we now have that hole filled....i kno boston is different, in this series, Gomes had 22pts 13 rebs, Al. Jeff had a 26 and 9, 3 blks, green had 22, 4/5 3pts in anothe knick loss, and in our third loss, Gomes wen off again for 22 an 14 rebs.....now garnett can bring those numbers, but is an aging ray allen going to b hard for crawford to go off against? i believe in zach.....with a healthy knick team, and our supreme bench...the addition of Zach....we are still a beast in the east!!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
I remember when the Lakers had Kobe, Shaq Diesel, The Mailman and the Glove...and got decimated by the Pistons.
The Lakers had no bench and when Karl got injured - their chances went with him.

The Celtics while very impressive at the 2, 3 and 4 - have NO bench.
Ray Allen is just coming off surgery, Pierce was deactivated for 35 games last season....these are BIG question marks for the team....they need to be healthy to put in the Celtics on top....and with no bench - it means that they will be logging much more minutes every night!

Trin_Starr

Starter
Okay its official, the Atlantic Division is no longer a joke.

Danny Ainge has single handedly beefed our divison up in a matter of 6 weeks. Our Knicks will have no choice but to grow up fast becuase if they had disgusting records for two years in a row in an anemic divison, they will get run out of the NBA if they keep praising morale victories in the divison we have now.

This is it fellas.

No more stupid fouls.
No more missing free throws.
No more Nate Robinson.
No more sulking on the bench.
No more giving Jarred Jeffries PT.
No more soft play from Curry
No more excuses.

If the Knicks have another crappy record, the playoffs will not be as easily attainable as it used to be (which we still couldn't get in, patheticly)

Do you really want to go to war with this roster????? I say we see how we do until December. At which point, we'll need to go after Artest. We can't wait for these guys to develop into a good team, becuase our division stopped waiting for us.

There are 3 things the knicks need to do to be a top team in the east.

1. Cut down on the turnovers
2. Defend the 3pt line
3. Make FTs

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
the Nets, Celtics and Raptors are all going to finish in the 40 - 55 win range... I think we need at least 45 wins to make the playoffs... I think we're better than the raptors... I still think Jersey will win the division since they're deeper... but Bos is gonna make some noise...

It's an Atlantic division arms race at this point... let's see what else IT has up his sleeve...

Still... I think Boston gave up too much to get him though... since he might be a one year rental anyway... Minny is gonna be sick in 5 years or so if they keep all this talent... Green, Jefferson, Foye... draft picks...

Starks

Starter
One thing that no one should ignore is hunger.

I read this in a blog today, but think about this...

KG, PP, and RA are probably 3 of the most hungriest players in the game. KG showed what he can do when he is around 2 great all stars already.

These guys are gona bond in an instant and put them over the decling Pistons as the best team east easily by just showing up. But when you add in the kind of drive these guys have to finally play on a contending team- watch out.

And don't think for a second Boston will sport that weak bench when the season starts. There are some very good role players that are still are free agents: Miki Moore, Chris Webber, Matt Barnes, Charlie Bell, and Earl Boykins can be attained dirt cheap.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Mikki Moore is overpaid in Sacto... Webber wants to go to Dallas or Detroit... dunno about Bell or Barnes and Boykins is a 5'5" two guard...

metrocard

Legend
OK, i dont understand u guys...i agree with dr. carpy 100% When isiah makes a move to bring in a 20 and 10 guy to the team, we all get on him because "there is only one ball to go around" but when boston brings in a 20 an d 10 guy, its the best gm move in history...that gets me thinking if this is really a knick fan site....
I was looking at our 1-3 loosng record against the seltics last season...crawford started 2 games and did not play in one....the 2 games crawfors started, he lit boston up for two 37 point games...now the most outstanding fact to me in this series is Why did we loose the other 3 games.....well i have the answer, no PF.....
The one game that w ewon, Frye had 13 points....the other 3 losses, the highest pf point total was frye again with 6 in 2 games, and malik rose with 2 pts, and fry came off the bench to bring 7 pts......we now have that hole filled....i kno boston is different, in this series, Gomes had 22pts 13 rebs, Al. Jeff had a 26 and 9, 3 blks, green had 22, 4/5 3pts in anothe knick loss, and in our third loss, Gomes wen off again for 22 an 14 rebs.....now garnett can bring those numbers, but is an aging ray allen going to b hard for crawford to go off against? i believe in zach.....with a healthy knick team, and our supreme bench...the addition of Zach....we are still a beast in the east!!!!

KG is still an unselfish superstar, and thats the huge difference and that nullifies your post. Celtics got two superstars, and Knicks got one borderline all star. If you can't this, you seriously need to fight Isiah Thomas for brainwashing you.

ShairanXIII, Bell and Barnes are excellent defenders with jumpshots and can play multi positions. Boykins is a 5"5 guard who can score. Celtics don't need him though. Rando and Perkins can fit the roles perfectly. Rando is a good passer/excellent defender. Perkins can rebound the ball well. Gomes, Powe, Big Baby, Pruitt , and Tony Allen isn't bad. You just need an 8 man rotation, the other 4 guys are just in case for injury.

Its simple, Isiah has progressed the Knicks, no question. Isn't that his job though? He hasn't progressed the Knicks to medicore yet, we've still an unproven team who can reach .500. It took us what, 4 years to get to that level? Don't reward or credit Isiah. Ainge stock piled on young prospects and got the best player in the NBA, along with the best shooter in the NBA, automatically making the Celtics a top 2-3 team in the East.

I'm sick of riding on this 4th year of Isiah's 12 year slow ass plan. I have patience, but this is fucking ridiculous. Why does everyone progress ahead of us, while we have to settle with sub par .500 basketball?

I'm also sick of this love Isiah has with his Chicago players. Eddy Curry? He's holding us back from getting better, along with Isiah. Why? Isiah believes Curry can be a franchise player and the main focus of the team. Okay, thats nice. Lets compare Curry to other Franchise players in the NBA and the main focus, why would he rank?

ATL - Johnson > Curry
ORL - Howard > Curry
MIA - Wade > Curry
CHA - Okafor > Curry

PHI - Iggy > Curry
BOS - Garnett or Allen or Pierce > Curry
TOR - Bosh > Curry
NJ - Kidd or Carter > Curry

DET - Hamilton or Billups > Curry
IND - O'Neil > Curry
CLE - James > Curry
Bucks - Redd > Curry
CHI - Deng/Gordon > Curry

LAL - Bryant/Odom > Curry
LAC - Brand > Curry
GSW - Davis > Curry
PHX - Amare, Marion or Nash > Curry
SAC - Martin > Curry (avg more points on less turnovers)

DEN - Anthony > Curry
UTA - Boozer or Williams > Curry
MIN - Jefferson > Curry
POR - Roy > Curry
SEA - Durant < Curry (right now)

DAL - Dirk or Howard > Curry
SA - Parker or Duncan > Curry
HOU - T'Mac or Yao > Curry
NO - Paul > Curry
MEM - Gasol or Gay > Curry

With that said, let me ask you guys and Isiah something.

How the hell are we going to the 07-08 season thinking we can be sucessful and compete with other teams when our "best" "franchise" and "main focus in offense" is Curry; when compared to the rest of the NBA it seems like we the weakest "best" "franchise" and "main focus in offense". Our "Franchise" player is a B- level player. All the other franchises in the NBA is a B+ or A level player. Thats not BEING very competitive at all.

Listen, everyone is progressing and I don't like it. Theres too much hope on Curry, and we need to get a real franchise player.

Isiah's standard of sucess is Layden's failure. This is why we're never going no where.

We didn't get KG because

Eddy Curry is "untradeable" Curry is no Al Jefferson, but I'm sure if you packed Curry, Crawford, Richardson for KG, thats as good as value Boston offered. Boston offered a starter and a couple of bench players. Jesus christ Isiah, what the hell are you doing with yourself? KG has an expiring contract too. We could of resigned him to whatever.

Isiah's love with our mediocre players continue to hold us hostage of this sub par .500 level of basketball. Kinda like how Fidel Castro holds back his Cuban boxers from being successful else where.

Garnett is not just a 20 10 guy he may have the most complete game of any NBA player, and he makes his teamates around him better. I remeber a game against the Knicks his MVP season when he made Oliver Miller look like a real NBA center. I like Zach, and I'm happy with him being on the team, but the reason Isiah caught critism is because his game isnt exactly a great compliment to Eddy's, not to say they won't both learn each others game and become a dominent force, but it's by no means a given that these two are going to work. Name a team in this league that wouldn't benifit from having KG? (save the jokes about Minn, bottom line there was no supporting cast for him in Minn) I agree that they have no bench what's so ever now, but again with KG, Peirce, Allen, how deep do you have to be as long as one of them is on the floor. Can we compete with this team... I really do belive so, but can we go deeper in the playoffs than this team, I seriously doubt it. We're younger and regardless if Ainge wants to realize it or not this team has a 3 maybe 4 year window to get it done, and being that they are over the cap now it's not like they can add too much to this mix, so this trade is not without risk, but for now we must respect them.

KG is still an unselfish superstar, and thats the huge difference and that nullifies your post. Celtics got two superstars, and Knicks got one borderline all star. If you can't this, you seriously need to fight Isiah Thomas for brainwashing you.

ShairanXIII, Bell and Barnes are excellent defenders with jumpshots and can play multi positions. Boykins is a 5"5 guard who can score. Celtics don't need him though. Rando and Perkins can fit the roles perfectly. Rando is a good passer/excellent defender. Perkins can rebound the ball well. Gomes, Powe, Big Baby, Pruitt , and Tony Allen isn't bad. You just need an 8 man rotation, the other 4 guys are just in case for injury.

Its simple, Isiah has progressed the Knicks, no question. Isn't that his job though? He hasn't progressed the Knicks to medicore yet, we've still an unproven team who can reach .500. It took us what, 4 years to get to that level? Don't reward or credit Isiah. Ainge stock piled on young prospects and got the best player in the NBA, along with the best shooter in the NBA, automatically making the Celtics a top 2-3 team in the East.

I'm sick of riding on this 4th year of Isiah's 12 year slow ass plan. I have patience, but this is fucking ridiculous. Why does everyone progress ahead of us, while we have to settle with sub par .500 basketball?

I'm also sick of this love Isiah has with his Chicago players. Eddy Curry? He's holding us back from getting better, along with Isiah. Why? Isiah believes Curry can be a franchise player and the main focus of the team. Okay, thats nice. Lets compare Curry to other Franchise players in the NBA and the main focus, why would he rank?

ATL - Johnson > Curry
ORL - Howard > Curry
MIA - Wade > Curry
CHA - Okafor > Curry

PHI - Iggy > Curry
BOS - Garnett or Allen or Pierce > Curry
TOR - Bosh > Curry
NJ - Kidd or Carter > Curry

DET - Hamilton or Billups > Curry
IND - O'Neil > Curry
CLE - James > Curry
Bucks - Redd > Curry
CHI - Deng/Gordon > Curry

LAL - Bryant/Odom > Curry
LAC - Brand > Curry
GSW - Davis > Curry
PHX - Amare, Marion or Nash > Curry
SAC - Martin > Curry (avg more points on less turnovers)

DEN - Anthony > Curry
UTA - Boozer or Williams > Curry
MIN - Jefferson > Curry
POR - Roy > Curry
SEA - Durant < Curry (right now)

DAL - Dirk or Howard > Curry
SA - Parker or Duncan > Curry
HOU - T'Mac or Yao > Curry
NO - Paul > Curry
MEM - Gasol or Gay > Curry

With that said, let me ask you guys and Isiah something.

How the hell are we going to the 07-08 season thinking we can be sucessful and compete with other teams when our "best" "franchise" and "main focus in offense" is Curry; when compared to the rest of the NBA it seems like we the weakest "best" "franchise" and "main focus in offense". Our "Franchise" player is a B- level player. All the other franchises in the NBA is a B+ or A level player. Thats not BEING very competitive at all.

Listen, everyone is progressing and I don't like it. Theres too much hope on Curry, and we need to get a real franchise player.

Isiah's standard of sucess is Layden's failure. This is why we're never going no where.

We didn't get KG because

Eddy Curry is "untradeable" Curry is no Al Jefferson, but I'm sure if you packed Curry, Crawford, Richardson for KG, thats as good as value Boston offered. Boston offered a starter and a couple of bench players. Jesus christ Isiah, what the hell are you doing with yourself? KG has an expiring contract too. We could of resigned him to whatever.

Isiah's love with our mediocre players continue to hold us hostage of this sub par .500 level of basketball. Kinda like how Fidel Castro holds back his Cuban boxers from being successful else where.

But what is the point of trading Eddy for Garnett, I wouldn't call it a lateral move, but then we would need a Center to compliment Garnett, as opposed to a PF to compliment Curry. Also Ainge was able to pull this trade off only because Mchale was the other GM, this was a win win for Mchale he helped out his current team, and his old franchise. Who else did Ainge nearly pull off a trade with, none other than Larry the Legend. Ainge in my opinion did nothing to salvage his rep, his old Teamate just helped him out for the sake of the franchise. I personally wouldv'e taken Bynum Odom and Kwame over the package he got from the C's.

I know Metro you hate IT but lets see what else he atleast tries to do this off season to better us. If he decides to sit put, then I agree this guy doesn't get it, but with KG in the Atlantic expect another move for us.

Lastly of the players you compared Eddy to how many are Centers? Joe Johnson, Baron Davis, Ben Gordon, are a dime a dozen, they come along every draft, they are found anywhere from the # 5 pick to mid 2nd round. What makes Curry unique is how he scores the ball, and not too many players in the league demand his respect in the post, and there is not one player in this league who can shut him down every night one on one. Even Dwight Howard and Amare have said he's as tough as they come in the post. Eddy is no way shape or form a complete player and I agree is not amongst the best of the leagues franchise players, but you have some players rated better than him that just frankly aren't ie. Okafor and Kevin Martin, I know you wouldn't trade Eddy straight up for either of those players. Eddy is forreal to me I think he will have an even better season this year, and maybe end up An All Star. We all seem to forget this guy is only as old as a 2nd year player he still has room to grow.

GetRealistic

Starter
Everybody has to relax. KG is a good player and its going to be tough beating Boston with all three in the starting lineup, but i'd say its going to be a max of 30 games where all three are healthy enough to start. Also KG doesn't want to be in Boston, but it was better then being in Minnesota one more year. After this season KG is going to bolt and the Celtics will have mortgaged there whole future and upcoming draft picks for one year of being in the playoff picture. (Sound like the Marbury trade)

And Metro when are you going to realize Curry is here and is going to be here, and as much as you hate him he's a good player and he is our franchise player, is that by default because we have no other options on this roster? maybe but he's here so just get over it. Plus your list of all those guys is so biased because you so blindly hate Curry. A 20ppg Center is far more valuable then a standard 20ppg swingman.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Metro Curry is not the worse center in the league like you make him out to be. Oakfor is no Curry. He's not even a real center. I don't believe you are giving Ange credit. Boston is full of underachievers that are coined as 'young talent'. The only reason Ange pulled this of is because Mchail is a worse GM than he is. KG is being traded for peanuts regardless of what you guys are reading and watching. The Knicks could have offered a better deal. Think about it. Phoenix was ready to trade Amare for KG and Mchail didn't bite. This is a perfect example of the sun shining on a dog's ass.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
just because ainge panicked and gutted his team for a couple of past-prime "stars" doesn't mean thomas should follow the lead and sell-out our future...
no reason to panic here, the team is going to be fine regardless of what the rest of the league does as long as we focus on our team and our team's goals... a complete team always trumps the sum of individual talents...

Blumatic

Rotation player
I know the C's got better with Garnett and Allen but really they have no bench. They may be just as talented as the 2004 lakers with Payton, Shaq, Kobe, and Malone. But those 3 are not as good as those 4 and most importantly I don't see Doc Rivers as the coach to lead this team. Hey I guess great coaches have great players but I'm not crowning them yet.

We have a stronger 5 than the C's. our 1 and 5 are superior to theirs. Our 4 can give Garnett problems. And Allen and Pierce will have a difficult time running after Crawford. Q-Rich can hold his own against ray allen or paul pierce.

Then wen our bench comes in we are just gonna run the tired starters or weak bench to death. Now our biggest problem is defense but it is not as bad as it seems. Our defense is decent its our turnovers that runs up the opponents field goal percentage. Once we stop the turnovers (it should since we have so many options) our defense will be set up more often and that will slow donw the other team tremendously.

Honestly turnovers is our # 1 problem. Once that is taken care of we easily become the top tier teams in the East. C's got good. But the Knicks are solid 1-15.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
I know the C's got better with Garnett and Allen but really they have no bench. They may be just as talented as the 2004 lakers with Payton, Shaq, Kobe, and Malone. But those 3 are not as good as those 4 and most importantly I don't see Doc Rivers as the coach to lead this team. Hey I guess great coaches have great players but I'm not crowning them yet.

We have a stronger 5 than the C's. our 1 and 5 are superior to theirs. Our 4 can give Garnett problems. And Allen and Pierce will have a difficult time running after Crawford. Q-Rich can hold his own against ray allen or paul pierce.

Then wen our bench comes in we are just gonna run the tired starters or weak bench to death. Now our biggest problem is defense but it is not as bad as it seems. Our defense is decent its our turnovers that runs up the opponents field goal percentage. Once we stop the turnovers (it should since we have so many options) our defense will be set up more often and that will slow donw the other team tremendously.

Honestly turnovers is our # 1 problem. Once that is taken care of we easily become the top tier teams in the East. C's got good. But the Knicks are solid 1-15.
Boston's "new" team is OLD...