Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Hit the Panic Button

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    im not saying rondo is a bad pg or wont become a good one, but at the moment i think its safe to say he doesnt have the experience to run a team. key word - you said it yourself

i.e. hes never had to run the team as a starting pg and that as we know takes a few years of maturity to be able to do successfully. and of course a distributing pg is key to running offense. so whos his backup out of curiosity? just so many holes once you go past the stars.

i think he may be a nice fit but i dont think chemistry among all their players can develop overnight as the knicks have seen. i think it takes them a year minimum to get that kind of chemistry and maybe add some more pieces. in a year or two if everyone stays healthy and meshes then id say theyre a lock for the atlantic/east.

i agree detroit's bench isnt great but on the one hand they picked up some nice backup guards and i know johnson and maxiel are solid bench players.

do you think in light of the ref scandal superstars are gonna get all the bull**** calls they usually get?

we all know kg is top 3 talent in the league and noones gonna argue that. but it still comes down to the potential of everything coming together for them in boston. im convinced ray allen wont play more than 50-60 games for them and their lack of depth will then become a major problem. well see i guess though...
    How many times are you going to think? Find out and stop pondering. Research it. Rando played 78 games and started 25 games behind Delonte West, a pretty good PG.

As a starter he averaged

10 ppg
    5.8 assist
    5.4 rebounds
    2.4 stls
    2.1 turnovers

Not bad?

He doesn't need the experience to run the team. Example: Daniel Gibson. Not every player in the NBA is the same. Yes, PG is a very difficult position to master, but some kids get it faster than others. We just can't assume its going to take forever for Rando cause he's a sophmore. He could be a bust this season or explode for a break out season. We're not sure yet. We are sure that Rando is a young fast athletic PG with an all around game, that is going to play with 3 guys who will just make the game much easier for him.

He had actually ran the Boston Celtics many of times. Don't come to this thread thinking Rando has no experience, he got experience under his belt last season. NBA sophomores always produce and progress unless your name is Channing Frye. Expect guys like Balkman, Rando, Aldridge and Rudy Gay to have break out seasons, they got the first year under their belt. From what I researched about rookies-sophmore transistion its normally a huge leap and progression between the first and second year. I can understand why Rando is underrated by some people. We'll have to see this season.

Again, you think. But what I want to know what you know bro. I can understand Celtics not being the best in the East, thats a valid statement.

You're 100% right about Detroit, I forgot about their two rookie guards. Lets see how they deliver this season.

I don't know about the refs scandal. What I know superstars in the NBA get favored, and it happens in all sports. Allen, Pierce and Garnett are elite top 10-15 players. Having them on the same team can only equal success.

As for the Celtics, I wish Knicks get Artest so we could give it to them this season. We match up with them well cause of our deep bench. We just to improve with Artest and get rid of Crawford. We'll be set for 07-08.

Nyk Logo sorry some old replies

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    Any one going to the "Welcome to NY" party for Zach??? lol
    Saw it and had to post!

Zach + Kim = Herpes, HIV and Gonnorhea! lol Now that's reason to press the panic button!!!

True!!! haha, zach on IR for the herp outbreak!!!
    Originally Posted by highesthigh
    wiz and cavs
    Uhm crack is good... Wizards with agent 0 back, thats ridiculous, Then you have the caves, like somone else mentions defending eastern champs, i cant see them not playing in the playoffs, who knows maybe they won't be so great, but i think they'll make playoffs. lets see, detroit, pencil them in, chicago, pencil them in. NJ??? maybe, they are old, they'll be scrapping it out, toronto, lots of young talent, orlando,the same, they'll be fighting. Boston, i think, they'll have tough start, but will bringit together after first month, finish with a playoff spot secured.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    They asked him about 28 min in the conference are they the team to beat. He did not say that, and named the teams that have gotten better in his opinion. First team out the box.... NYK. Media gets hyped over names, the players in the league respect the players they play night in and out on a diff basis. The Knicks don't have the "NAMES" That the Celtics have, But the talent is similar in ways in every spot of their big names. And where they will add role players, the Knicks guys pretty much chew up and swallow what they'd have ( Curry and Steph ). I love KG, I cannot say however he spits up and swallows Zach. Even had Zach been in Portland still. KG would not say that. One could say Pierce spits out and swallows Q. Possibly even Allen and JC. I personally don't think Allen is a great deal better than Crawford at this point in his career, but he is still a better player.

That said, everyone is falsely claiming that all they'd need is to add role players to their team and bench... But the Knicks have guys who have come in off their bench and started and played LIKE STARTERS! (Lee, Balkman, Collins)

Now, if the Knicks get Artest and manage to keep Lee and Balkman ( which I still think will happen ) Now you talk about moving Q to the bench, Lee and Balkman joining him there. What three guys off the bench in the east would be better than those? It is like having 3 extra starters. That would likely mean we'd keep Collins as well to backup Steph. So we'd add an even better defender and rebounder off the bench at pg as well.

In the unlikely event we'd have to part with Lee or Balkman ( which I doubt because of Ron's suspension and pending fa'cy next year ) We'd still have more than enough off the bench to compensate for what we lose in Lee or Balkman. Means we'd still have Chandler who plays defense and has every bit the athleticism of either Lee and Balkman and is probably every bit as good or better a shooter right now than both. And Isaiah has no problem playing rookies to help them grow.

The Knicks are in a much better spot than the Celtics. And Im personally glad the Celtics did this. This means everyone will expect the Knicks to finish last. Even less pressure on the team now.
    The sooner knicks fans stop and realize crawford isn't half as good as allen, who avgs over 20points for career, sure his fg% was a little down, he was hurt last year, he's still better than crawfords and he's still a dangerous player, crawfords not even on the level. He's an all-star, jamaal should be a bench player. With only taking 267 shots more than jamaal last year, both hurt didn't play full season, he avged 26.4 points compared to 17.6 thats 9points a game more. Crawford isn't on the level.
    KG is sick, and pierce, forget it. They actually all don't play the same position! unlike pg/sg marbury and crawford. 2 players who need the 1 ball in hand to be successfull. Allen can run off screens, cuts/slashes and spots up, kg posts and is quick, not to mention his D, Peirce, the only guy on the team, who needs to dominate ball to be successfull and that is only one player needing to adjust and he's had to share before with antoine walker and boston used to make playoffs with that combo originally.
    Last edited by jzero29; Aug 07, 2007 at 11:48. Reason: forgot to add point

Veteran

Originally Posted by jzero29
    The sooner knicks fans stop and realize crawford isn't half as good as allen, who avgs over 20points for career, sure his fg% was a little down, he was hurt last year, he's still better than crawfords and he's still a dangerous player, crawfords not even on the level. He's an all-star, jamaal should be a bench player. With only taking 267 shots more than jamaal last year, both hurt didn't play full season, he avged 26.4 points compared to 17.6 thats 9points a game more. Crawford isn't on the level.
    KG is sick, and pierce, forget it. They actually all don't play the same position! unlike pg/sg marbury and crawford. 2 players who need the 1 ball in hand to be successfull. Allen can run off screens, cuts/slashes and spots up, kg posts and is quick, not to mention his D, Peirce, the only guy on the team, who needs to dominate ball to be successfull and that is only one player needing to adjust and he's had to share before with antoine walker and boston used to make playoffs with that combo originally.

Since you quoted me, I will assume you are talking specifically to me.

I will stand by what I said. Allen is a better shooter than Jamal at this point. That's it. He can't handle like Jamal, or explode like he used to on them ankles. he does not create for his teammates like Jamal either. So this half the player stuff is all in your head. I call it how I see them play. He is still a better player to have, but he it is no longer head and shoulders above Jamal. And Jamal was never the Knicks #1 option. That being said, Steph is the best guard on either team. So Boston still loses imo.

Allen > Jamal.

Steph >>> Both.

Boston looks intimidating with the GAP band, but I think the Knicks can still beat them. If Chris Webber got the idea to join the Celtics, then I'd be a bit more concerned. Thankfully, I haven't heard anything on that.

How would you feel if Chris Webber joined the Celtics?

Webber is done. He has a pretty decent jumper but that's it. Anyone can out hustle him, run, jump...see the picture I'm trying to paint lol. He needs to retire or work on those needs because he runs like has a wedgie and shoots the rock as if he has rubber bands attached to his waist and he can't get any lift. Boston can have webber...it'll slow them down that much more.

Superstar

i think it wouldnt be a bad fit if he can accept being the 3rd or 4th option. he can still pass and facilitate the offense, which would help out rondo. the only problem is if they play him and kg they dont really have a banger starting, but they have them off the bench. that team would remind me way too much of the lakers with kobe shaq malone and payton.

great post peter... chris webber now at this point in his carrer is like karl malone when he was with the lakers... i agree with the1andonly, he's pretty much done...

12th man

Originally Posted by donchris
    Metro Curry is not the worse center in the league like you make him out to be. Oakfor is no Curry. He's not even a real center. I don't believe you are giving Ange credit. Boston is full of underachievers that are coined as 'young talent'. The only reason Ange pulled this of is because Mchail is a worse GM than he is. KG is being traded for peanuts regardless of what you guys are reading and watching. The Knicks could have offered a better deal. Think about it. Phoenix was ready to trade Amare for KG and Mchail didn't bite. This is a perfect example of the sun shining on a dog's ass.
    What makes Curry a real center but not Okafor? Would you still have Curry over Emeka?

12th man

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    Everyone needs to chill... Ray Allen is 32 and coming off surgery on BOTH ankles... how long did it take Grant Hill (who was younger AND much less jumpshot dependant) to recover from his ankle injuries?

KG is a beast... instantly the best PF in the east... but he was the 2nd best PF in the west his entire career as well... and Bostonians HATE PP (the ones I speak with at least)... let's see if he can keep from pouting and adjust to being #2 on his team...

realistically, I'm not worried about Bos' cap number either... most teams splurge on their big three and sign reserves for reasonable sums... NJ, WAS, PHO, etc...

we do have to remember that Doc is a ****ty coach... he blew that 3 - 1 lead to detroit a couple seasons ago...

speaking of history... everyone seems to be ignoring Trin_Star's point... Hou brought in three HOF (two of which won a title together in 95)... and didn't do ****... LA tried to pull the same stunt... usually... when teams try to buy a chip by bringing in allstars... it bites them in the ass...

plus... like dr. carpy said... Bos has a 3 year window at MAX to win the chip with this squad... Jersey is still a better team... Was is comparable (Gil, Butler, Jamison, Stevenson, Daniels, Thomas and Co.)... we're deeper but unproven... and younger... I like our position... Ainge gave away his entire young core for ONE guy... Minny got the better end of this trade IMO...

Metro... I know your frustration... but all we can do is speculate about Curry, Zach and Craw next season... Curry said at the end of last season that he took the blame for our ****ty record and committed himself to working harder than ever this off season... reports from Q Rich, Malik and Agguire say he's on schedule and their really impressed by him... me and you can only speculate about what he'll do next year... but all those in the know (EC and his teammates and coaches) seem to think he will be a beast...

haven't heard shyte about Craw so the jury's still out on him... and I have faith in ZBo from what I saw in Portland... again... I don't have inside info...

this is the way i see it... we have the better 5 and 1... they have a better 4 and 2 (assuming Shuttlesworth stays healthy)... if Q is healthy I think the 3 is a wash as well... BUT... IT > Doc... our bench > their bench...

is it possible their big three add more value than our 12? sure... but none of us know for sure... and there are prolly 3 spots up for grabs next year (Mia, Orl, Tor)... for 4 new teams Bos, NY, Atl, Mil... next season is gonna be exciting...

[unsubstantiated conspiracy theory]stern needs the Atlantic to be relevant next season to rebuild the league's image... he already did his magic in bos... now he pressures Buss to move Kobe to the mecca[/unsubstantiated conspiracy theory]
    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    F#ck the Celtics. How about we just worry about ourselves and our team. Celtics are going to be good, but i truely think were going to be alot better as well.

I'm glad you two stopped posting.