Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 84

Thread: Hit the Panic Button

  1. #16
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Everybody has to relax. KG is a good player and its going to be tough beating Boston with all three in the starting lineup, but i'd say its going to be a max of 30 games where all three are healthy enough to start. Also KG doesn't want to be in Boston, but it was better then being in Minnesota one more year. After this season KG is going to bolt and the Celtics will have mortgaged there whole future and upcoming draft picks for one year of being in the playoff picture. (Sound like the Marbury trade)

    And Metro when are you going to realize Curry is here and is going to be here, and as much as you hate him he's a good player and he is our franchise player, is that by default because we have no other options on this roster? maybe but he's here so just get over it. Plus your list of all those guys is so biased because you so blindly hate Curry. A 20ppg Center is far more valuable then a standard 20ppg swingman.

  2. #17
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,688
    Rep Power
    12

    Nyk Logo

    Metro Curry is not the worse center in the league like you make him out to be. Oakfor is no Curry. He's not even a real center. I don't believe you are giving Ange credit. Boston is full of underachievers that are coined as 'young talent'. The only reason Ange pulled this of is because Mchail is a worse GM than he is. KG is being traded for peanuts regardless of what you guys are reading and watching. The Knicks could have offered a better deal. Think about it. Phoenix was ready to trade Amare for KG and Mchail didn't bite. This is a perfect example of the sun shining on a dog's ass.

  3. #18
    Member highesthigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    just because ainge panicked and gutted his team for a couple of past-prime "stars" doesn't mean thomas should follow the lead and sell-out our future...
    no reason to panic here, the team is going to be fine regardless of what the rest of the league does as long as we focus on our team and our team's goals... a complete team always trumps the sum of individual talents...

  4. #19
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I know the C's got better with Garnett and Allen but really they have no bench. They may be just as talented as the 2004 lakers with Payton, Shaq, Kobe, and Malone. But those 3 are not as good as those 4 and most importantly I don't see Doc Rivers as the coach to lead this team. Hey I guess great coaches have great players but I'm not crowning them yet.

    We have a stronger 5 than the C's. our 1 and 5 are superior to theirs. Our 4 can give Garnett problems. And Allen and Pierce will have a difficult time running after Crawford. Q-Rich can hold his own against ray allen or paul pierce.

    Then wen our bench comes in we are just gonna run the tired starters or weak bench to death. Now our biggest problem is defense but it is not as bad as it seems. Our defense is decent its our turnovers that runs up the opponents field goal percentage. Once we stop the turnovers (it should since we have so many options) our defense will be set up more often and that will slow donw the other team tremendously.

    Honestly turnovers is our # 1 problem. Once that is taken care of we easily become the top tier teams in the East. C's got good. But the Knicks are solid 1-15.

  5. #20
    Member highesthigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Blumatic
    I know the C's got better with Garnett and Allen but really they have no bench. They may be just as talented as the 2004 lakers with Payton, Shaq, Kobe, and Malone. But those 3 are not as good as those 4 and most importantly I don't see Doc Rivers as the coach to lead this team. Hey I guess great coaches have great players but I'm not crowning them yet.

    We have a stronger 5 than the C's. our 1 and 5 are superior to theirs. Our 4 can give Garnett problems. And Allen and Pierce will have a difficult time running after Crawford. Q-Rich can hold his own against ray allen or paul pierce.

    Then wen our bench comes in we are just gonna run the tired starters or weak bench to death. Now our biggest problem is defense but it is not as bad as it seems. Our defense is decent its our turnovers that runs up the opponents field goal percentage. Once we stop the turnovers (it should since we have so many options) our defense will be set up more often and that will slow donw the other team tremendously.

    Honestly turnovers is our # 1 problem. Once that is taken care of we easily become the top tier teams in the East. C's got good. But the Knicks are solid 1-15.
    Boston's "new" team is OLD...

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Boston is already over the cap. They still will be (That what happens when you spend 54Mil on your big 3). Plus the window of opportunity is 2-3 years max. There is no one for them to fill the roster out with that will make any kind of impact.

  7. #22
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The knicks have a plan.
    We cannot allow ourselves to get caught up in the hoopla of the boston trio.

    We have a very good starting 5
    PG: Steph
    SG: JC
    SF: Q
    PF: Randolph
    C: Curry

    JC needs to start. I found a breakdown of his stats last season when he was a starter vs coming off the bench.

    Crawford's 36 games as a starter:

    41.9 mpg
    20.8 ppg (41.2% FG's, 34.9% 3-PT FG's, 44.9% 2-PT FG's, 86.7% FT's)
    3.6 rpg
    4.9 apg

    Crawford's 23 games off the bench:

    29.9 mpg
    12.7 ppg (37.1% FG's, 24.7 3-PT FG's, 43.7 2-PT FG's, 78.0% FT's)
    2.6 rpg
    3.6 apg


    In addition we have a very DEEP, talented and energized bench

    David Lee
    Balkman
    Mardy
    Fred Jones
    Nate
    Chandler
    Nichols
    Morris
    Rose
    Jefferies


    Steph understands what Isiah wants as PG of the team.
    Steph and JC have great chemistry as does JC and Curry

    Last season - the PF spot was our weak spot...everyone saw how Frye was decimated every game.
    We upgraded to Zach - devious rebounder, with a nice J and great low post moves

    The knicks will be fine.
    It doesn't matter what seed we get in the playoffs. Once we get there - it's a whole other ball game!

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,959
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    The Last three seasons G.M. Ainge, Mchale, and Bird has been making some terrible moves for their teams each season.

    Now Ainge is a GENIUS!
    He made the BEST Trades for his Celtics team this offseason.
    The Boston Celtics have Three Dynamic ALL-STAR Franchise Players that can take control of every 4th Quarter Game (PF-KG, SF-Pierce, SG-Ray Allen).

    Will they be able to MESH with Chemistry under Head Coach Doc Rivers?
    Cut it out! these three guys are outstanding All-Stars, they will not only lead the Celtics to a couple of Atlantic Division Titles but they will be doing the cutting of Players in the Preseason Games.
    Imagine all the unemployed decent Players this offseason that will be trying-out for the Celtics Training-Camp now that they have plenty roster spots that need to be filled.
    Danny Ainge only have one more move and that is offer the MLE to FA PG-Brevin Knight.

    Now we all should know that our Knicks can not touch the Boston Celtics with a Head Coach Like Zeke running the show.
    Zack Randolph is not a Knick Savoir.
    I would not put Zack in the Starting lineup with C-Curry, SG-Crawford, and PG-Marbury. Especially vs the Celtics.

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    But what is the point of trading Eddy for Garnett, I wouldn't call it a lateral move, but then we would need a Center to compliment Garnett, as opposed to a PF to compliment Curry. Also Ainge was able to pull this trade off only because Mchale was the other GM, this was a win win for Mchale he helped out his current team, and his old franchise. Who else did Ainge nearly pull off a trade with, none other than Larry the Legend. Ainge in my opinion did nothing to salvage his rep, his old Teamate just helped him out for the sake of the franchise. I personally wouldv'e taken Bynum Odom and Kwame over the package he got from the C's.

    I know Metro you hate IT but lets see what else he atleast tries to do this off season to better us. If he decides to sit put, then I agree this guy doesn't get it, but with KG in the Atlantic expect another move for us.

    Lastly of the players you compared Eddy to how many are Centers? Joe Johnson, Baron Davis, Ben Gordon, are a dime a dozen, they come along every draft, they are found anywhere from the # 5 pick to mid 2nd round. What makes Curry unique is how he scores the ball, and not too many players in the league demand his respect in the post, and there is not one player in this league who can shut him down every night one on one. Even Dwight Howard and Amare have said he's as tough as they come in the post. Eddy is no way shape or form a complete player and I agree is not amongst the best of the leagues franchise players, but you have some players rated better than him that just frankly aren't ie. Okafor and Kevin Martin, I know you wouldn't trade Eddy straight up for either of those players. Eddy is forreal to me I think he will have an even better season this year, and maybe end up An All Star. We all seem to forget this guy is only as old as a 2nd year player he still has room to grow.
    Garnett is a MVP caliber player who defends and pass. You want Curry over that? Garnett is taller than Curry, don't be fooled, he can play center also. Comparing Garnett to Curry is like comparing Kobe to Crawford. We need to stop glofiying our average players and buying into what Isiah is selling to us.

    Curry scores the basketball well, but the team has to sacrifice alot of time for his scoring. With his scoring Curry will average a high rate of turnovers and not even average a legit 20 points a game. Guys like Garnett score a legit 20, and give you much more; plus the fact he can score in many different unique ways, unlike Curry. My point is, Curry is no where near the level of all those franchise players that lead their NBA teams. With that, we can't expect that much success if we expect Curry to carry us. Its not because Curry is a bad player, he is just not on that level, period.

    Isiah, I hope your right about Isiah.

    Being 6"11 doesn't give you an advantage of the players I listed. Those players are better first options and more efficient players.

    Martin is younger, and averages more points on less turnovers. Martin is an up and coming young shooting guard in the NBA with an excellent jumper and good quickness. He's a Rip Hamilton clone with 3pt range. I would pick Martin 10 times out of 10 over Curry.

    Okafor is one of the best in rebounding and shot blocker. He isn't near Eddy Curry's scoring, but Okafor delivers more to the table than Eddy, is cheaper, and is more "youthier".

    Thanks for replying.


    Originally Posted by donchris
    Metro Curry is not the worse center in the league like you make him out to be. Oakfor is no Curry. He's not even a real center. I don't believe you are giving Ange credit. Boston is full of underachievers that are coined as 'young talent'. The only reason Ange pulled this of is because Mchail is a worse GM than he is. KG is being traded for peanuts regardless of what you guys are reading and watching. The Knicks could have offered a better deal. Think about it. Phoenix was ready to trade Amare for KG and Mchail didn't bite. This is a perfect example of the sun shining on a dog's ass.
    You're right. Curry isn't the worst center in the league. The problem is I never said that. Curry is on the bottom of the list on terms of franchise players. Curry isn't the best center you make him out to be also.

    Okafor is a better player than Curry. Curry is a better scorer. Curry will never be rated higher than Okafor until he lowers his turnovers and upgrade on his defense(which I believe is possible, but I've seen too little to truely believe it). Never never ever Curry will be rated higher than Okafor, not in NBA, Yahoo.com, ESPN.com...ESPNDeportes....NBA Live or 2k7, NEVER EVER. OKafor > Curry.


    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    And Metro when are you going to realize Curry is here and is going to be here, and as much as you hate him he's a good player and he is our franchise player, is that by default because we have no other options on this roster? maybe but he's here so just get over it. Plus your list of all those guys is so biased because you so blindly hate Curry. A 20ppg Center is far more valuable then a standard 20ppg swingman.

    When are you going to realize Curry being here will result in very little sucess? How many seasons of losing do you have to experience for you to come back to me and say "you were right". I don't want the Knicks to lose, therefor I'm not a supporter of the direction Isiah is choosing.

    Being taller doesn't make you better. Curry is a soft player who puts 5% energy into defense and 95% in offense. Offensively, he's pretty good except for the fact he averages some of the most turnovers in the NBA and doesn't even average 20 points. You can only depend on him for scoring in the paint, which makes him one dimensional. What does having a one - dimensional player mean? Well look at when we had Allan Houston as our main guy. Did we win alot of games? Well, we won more than Isiah's boys, but we missed playoffs and made the lottery. Guys like Curry and Houston will be great 2nd options, but not successful first options. As first options, their stats will obviously be better, but the teams success will go down.


    We need Curry to step the **** down and Isiah to get the **** out. This is the New York Knicks, not the New York Isiahcurry. **** having the franchise built around these two guys cause it will lead nothing to disaster. Don't eat what Isiah feeds you.

  10. #25
    Member highesthigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Last three seasons G.M. Ainge, Mchale, and Bird has been making some terrible moves for their teams each season.

    Now Ainge is a GENIUS!
    He made the BEST Trades for his Celtics team this offseason.
    The Boston Celtics have Three Dynamic ALL-STAR Franchise Players that can take control of every 4th Quarter Game (PF-KG, SF-Pierce, SG-Ray Allen).

    Will they be able to MESH with Chemistry under Head Coach Doc Rivers?
    Cut it out! these three guys are outstanding All-Stars, they will not only lead the Celtics to a couple of Atlantic Division Titles but they will be doing the cutting of Players in the Preseason Games.
    Imagine all the unemployed decent Players this offseason that will be trying-out for the Celtics Training-Camp now that they have plenty roster spots that need to be filled.
    Danny Ainge only have one more move and that is offer the MLE to FA PG-Brevin Knight.

    Now we all should know that our Knicks can not touch the Boston Celtics with a Head Coach Like Zeke running the show.
    Zack Randolph is not a Knick Savoir.
    I would not put Zack in the Starting lineup with C-Curry, SG-Crawford, and PG-Marbury. Especially vs the Celtics.
    you're giving boston and ainge way too much credit... ainge had inside on this through mchale... a few other teams actually had better trade offers than boston but they didn't have the in that ainge had... this is not genuis, this is backwards... one step forward and two steps back to be exact... This "new" Celtic team is OLD... Zebo is not here to be our saviour, he's just another weapon in the arsenal... and yes he's a starter especially vs. the celtics... have you seen how he matches up with kg?

  11. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Danny Ainge is a genius for getting Garnett? Stop it. This isn't funny anymore. He made a trade with former teammate and fellow hot seat candidate Kevin McHale. I've said it before, 54 Mil in three players is not the place any GM wants to be. If one of those guys gets hurt, whats your plan B? This is a job saving tactic that will go horribly wrong. Trust. The landscape has changed in the east. Sure. All the nonsensical rants about how bad the Knicks are don't mean anything till gametime. I know Nate Robinson and Mardy Collins are better back ups at PG than Rajon Rondo or Tony Allen (who blew his knee, still have to see how that turns out). I Know Renaldo Balkman and David Lee are better than Scalabrine, Powe, and Wallace. I know Zach Randolph wants to prove he belongs. Eddy Curry finished the year big, and Knows he has to add a stronger defensive element to his game. The are gearing up for the season, and already the line up for surgery is getting long for all those who hurt themeselves jumping of the Knicks bandwagon. Suck it up folks! We're going to be a half court team that will fast break more with our energy-based second unit. We will lose games this season. That's life. However, I want to see some maturation. If we do we're in the playoffs. To beat San Antonio, you need to play a half court game. Case in point: Golden State beat Dallas. They played a half court team in Utah and went on to get killed. The Knicks are gonna be beasts. They want to make us proud as fans, and I truly believe they will. As long as the come out play to their strengths, we'll be in the hunt.

    P.S. No one here or anywhere dubbed Zach Randolph the Savior. C'mon Kiya dude. Keep your posts more honest. You eggagerate way too much. You can make your point without the histrionics. Chill out playboy. Things will be cool.

  12. #27
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Everyone here keeps comparing the new Celtics to the Knicks when that's not really the issue. The issue is, can the Knicks make the playoffs now with the Celtics grabbing one of the few available top 8 spots in the East? I know it's not a lock for the Celtics to get one of those spots, but they just increased their chances dramatically. So, can anyone realistically name two teams that made the playoffs last year that won't make them this year? Because that's what it is going to take for the Knicks to make the playoffs.

  13. #28
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Okay, i actually see the wolves winning in this trade, they get telfair, green, gomes, ratliff and Al Jeff....for kg...
    who is a better team because of the trade? the celtics....iff they stay healthy
    i really dont care what others say about IT or whoever, In my opinion, we have 5 guys who can score 20 pts on any given night....marbury, crawford, q.rich, randolph, curry, we also have bench players to support our team....i still think that we are a team to compete with the celtics. I really dont favor a lot of isiahs moves, but ima knick fan, and i love our team regardless of who is on it....and i like our team, so i have no choice but to support them....including their coach, because isiah thomas is a knick. Im looking foward to our season...

    ok, the C's got ray allen, we have crawford, they have paul, we have Q., they have KG, we have randolph, who do they have at the 1 and 5?? we have marbury and curry ....do they have a balkman, or lee or chandler or nichols, nate, collins? they have no depth.....they will log more minutes than the average superstar, and because of aging, injury will occur more frequently....Boston is overrated

  14. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Everyone here keeps comparing the new Celtics to the Knicks when that's not really the issue. The issue is, can the Knicks make the playoffs now with the Celtics grabbing one of the few available top 8 spots in the East? I know it's not a lock for the Celtics to get one of those spots, but they just increased their chances dramatically. So, can anyone realistically name two teams that made the playoffs last year that won't make them this year? Because that's what it is going to take for the Knicks to make the playoffs.
    Great Question! I can see Toronto missing the playoffs, and I'm still not all that impressed with The Magic. But we can't sit back and see who is going to let us in, we have to beleive we're one of the top teams in the East and play like it every night. We are just as talanted as any team in the East, but for all the talk our players give each off season about this being the year for us, on the court we play with no heart or focus. Not to keep beating this Artest thing to the ground, but that's why we need a player like him to bring some of that 94 Knick feel back to the Garden. But as happy as we would be with that acqusition bottom line is with or without Ron we need to remember the game is played on the court so we need to play every game as if the playoffs are on the line from opening night, this team is not a team that can just turn on the jets whenever.

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,959
    Rep Power
    18

    Game Thread

    Originally Posted by highesthigh
    you're giving boston and ainge way too much credit... ainge had inside on this through mchale... a few other teams actually had better trade offers than boston but they didn't have the in that ainge had... this is not genuis, this is backwards... one step forward and two steps back to be exact... This "new" Celtic team is OLD... Zebo is not here to be our saviour, he's just another weapon in the arsenal... and yes he's a starter especially vs. the celtics... have you seen how he matches up with kg?

    I am not giving Ainge anything, Ainge been croaking the Celtics roster season after season. Mchale been croaking the Timberwolves roster season after season. The last recent seasons Larry Bird been picking apart the Pacers roster slowly by slowly. I guess before Mchale and Bird get FIRED they are going to make the Boston Celtics back into the ole Power-House Team in the NBA.
    So credit must be given to G.M. Danny Ainge for making the Best powerful trade moves this 2007 offseason.

    And the NEW Celtics are not old! they are Playoff experience All-Stars that show leadership on the court for 48 MPG. PG-Rondo will start having the best season of his NBA career with ALL-STAR Teammates.

    What we Knick-Fans better keep our eye out for is all the unemployed decent NBA Role-Players that will be interested in trying-out for the Boston Celtics empty roster this Training Camp.

    The Boston Celtics just won the next 2 to 3 seasons Alantic Division Title when they received "MVP" Keven Garnnett.

    I dont think there is a team in the Eastern Conference right now that want to meet the Celtics in the first round this upcomming post season.

Similar Threads

  1. Multi quote button
    By rady in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 16, 2007, 00:51
  2. State of Panic: will only kill the Knicks
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2005, 14:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •