Hit the Panic Button

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Boston is already over the cap. They still will be (That what happens when you spend 54Mil on your big 3). Plus the window of opportunity is 2-3 years max. There is no one for them to fill the roster out with that will make any kind of impact.

Trin_Starr

Starter
The knicks have a plan.
We cannot allow ourselves to get caught up in the hoopla of the boston trio.

We have a very good starting 5
PG: Steph
SG: JC
SF: Q
PF: Randolph
C: Curry

JC needs to start. I found a breakdown of his stats last season when he was a starter vs coming off the bench.

Crawford's 36 games as a starter:

41.9 mpg
20.8 ppg (41.2% FG's, 34.9% 3-PT FG's, 44.9% 2-PT FG's, 86.7% FT's)
3.6 rpg
4.9 apg

Crawford's 23 games off the bench:

29.9 mpg
12.7 ppg (37.1% FG's, 24.7 3-PT FG's, 43.7 2-PT FG's, 78.0% FT's)
2.6 rpg
3.6 apg

In addition we have a very DEEP, talented and energized bench

David Lee
Balkman
Mardy
Fred Jones
Nate
Chandler
Nichols
Morris
Rose
Jefferies

Steph understands what Isiah wants as PG of the team.
Steph and JC have great chemistry as does JC and Curry

Last season - the PF spot was our weak spot...everyone saw how Frye was decimated every game.
We upgraded to Zach - devious rebounder, with a nice J and great low post moves

The knicks will be fine.
It doesn't matter what seed we get in the playoffs. Once we get there - it's a whole other ball game!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Last three seasons G.M. Ainge, Mchale, and Bird has been making some terrible moves for their teams each season.

Now Ainge is a GENIUS!
He made the BEST Trades for his Celtics team this offseason.
The Boston Celtics have Three Dynamic ALL-STAR Franchise Players that can take control of every 4th Quarter Game (PF-KG, SF-Pierce, SG-Ray Allen).

Will they be able to MESH with Chemistry under Head Coach Doc Rivers?
Cut it out! these three guys are outstanding All-Stars, they will not only lead the Celtics to a couple of Atlantic Division Titles but they will be doing the cutting of Players in the Preseason Games.
Imagine all the unemployed decent Players this offseason that will be trying-out for the Celtics Training-Camp now that they have plenty roster spots that need to be filled.
Danny Ainge only have one more move and that is offer the MLE to FA PG-Brevin Knight.

Now we all should know that our Knicks can not touch the Boston Celtics with a Head Coach Like Zeke running the show.
Zack Randolph is not a Knick Savoir.
I would not put Zack in the Starting lineup with C-Curry, SG-Crawford, and PG-Marbury. Especially vs the Celtics.

metrocard

Legend
But what is the point of trading Eddy for Garnett, I wouldn't call it a lateral move, but then we would need a Center to compliment Garnett, as opposed to a PF to compliment Curry. Also Ainge was able to pull this trade off only because Mchale was the other GM, this was a win win for Mchale he helped out his current team, and his old franchise. Who else did Ainge nearly pull off a trade with, none other than Larry the Legend. Ainge in my opinion did nothing to salvage his rep, his old Teamate just helped him out for the sake of the franchise. I personally wouldv'e taken Bynum Odom and Kwame over the package he got from the C's.

I know Metro you hate IT but lets see what else he atleast tries to do this off season to better us. If he decides to sit put, then I agree this guy doesn't get it, but with KG in the Atlantic expect another move for us.

Lastly of the players you compared Eddy to how many are Centers? Joe Johnson, Baron Davis, Ben Gordon, are a dime a dozen, they come along every draft, they are found anywhere from the # 5 pick to mid 2nd round. What makes Curry unique is how he scores the ball, and not too many players in the league demand his respect in the post, and there is not one player in this league who can shut him down every night one on one. Even Dwight Howard and Amare have said he's as tough as they come in the post. Eddy is no way shape or form a complete player and I agree is not amongst the best of the leagues franchise players, but you have some players rated better than him that just frankly aren't ie. Okafor and Kevin Martin, I know you wouldn't trade Eddy straight up for either of those players. Eddy is forreal to me I think he will have an even better season this year, and maybe end up An All Star. We all seem to forget this guy is only as old as a 2nd year player he still has room to grow.

Garnett is a MVP caliber player who defends and pass. You want Curry over that? Garnett is taller than Curry, don't be fooled, he can play center also. Comparing Garnett to Curry is like comparing Kobe to Crawford. We need to stop glofiying our average players and buying into what Isiah is selling to us.

Curry scores the basketball well, but the team has to sacrifice alot of time for his scoring. With his scoring Curry will average a high rate of turnovers and not even average a legit 20 points a game. Guys like Garnett score a legit 20, and give you much more; plus the fact he can score in many different unique ways, unlike Curry. My point is, Curry is no where near the level of all those franchise players that lead their NBA teams. With that, we can't expect that much success if we expect Curry to carry us. Its not because Curry is a bad player, he is just not on that level, period.

Isiah, I hope your right about Isiah.

Being 6"11 doesn't give you an advantage of the players I listed. Those players are better first options and more efficient players.

Martin is younger, and averages more points on less turnovers. Martin is an up and coming young shooting guard in the NBA with an excellent jumper and good quickness. He's a Rip Hamilton clone with 3pt range. I would pick Martin 10 times out of 10 over Curry.

Okafor is one of the best in rebounding and shot blocker. He isn't near Eddy Curry's scoring, but Okafor delivers more to the table than Eddy, is cheaper, and is more "youthier".

Thanks for replying.

Metro Curry is not the worse center in the league like you make him out to be. Oakfor is no Curry. He's not even a real center. I don't believe you are giving Ange credit. Boston is full of underachievers that are coined as 'young talent'. The only reason Ange pulled this of is because Mchail is a worse GM than he is. KG is being traded for peanuts regardless of what you guys are reading and watching. The Knicks could have offered a better deal. Think about it. Phoenix was ready to trade Amare for KG and Mchail didn't bite. This is a perfect example of the sun shining on a dog's ass.

You're right. Curry isn't the worst center in the league. The problem is I never said that. Curry is on the bottom of the list on terms of franchise players. Curry isn't the best center you make him out to be also.

Okafor is a better player than Curry. Curry is a better scorer. Curry will never be rated higher than Okafor until he lowers his turnovers and upgrade on his defense(which I believe is possible, but I've seen too little to truely believe it). Never never ever Curry will be rated higher than Okafor, not in NBA, Yahoo.com, ESPN.com...ESPNDeportes....NBA Live or 2k7, NEVER EVER. OKafor > Curry.

And Metro when are you going to realize Curry is here and is going to be here, and as much as you hate him he's a good player and he is our franchise player, is that by default because we have no other options on this roster? maybe but he's here so just get over it. Plus your list of all those guys is so biased because you so blindly hate Curry. A 20ppg Center is far more valuable then a standard 20ppg swingman.

When are you going to realize Curry being here will result in very little sucess? How many seasons of losing do you have to experience for you to come back to me and say "you were right". I don't want the Knicks to lose, therefor I'm not a supporter of the direction Isiah is choosing.

Being taller doesn't make you better. Curry is a soft player who puts 5% energy into defense and 95% in offense. Offensively, he's pretty good except for the fact he averages some of the most turnovers in the NBA and doesn't even average 20 points. You can only depend on him for scoring in the paint, which makes him one dimensional. What does having a one - dimensional player mean? Well look at when we had Allan Houston as our main guy. Did we win alot of games? Well, we won more than Isiah's boys, but we missed playoffs and made the lottery. Guys like Curry and Houston will be great 2nd options, but not successful first options. As first options, their stats will obviously be better, but the teams success will go down.

We need Curry to step the fuck down and Isiah to get the fuck out. This is the New York Knicks, not the New York Isiahcurry. Fuck having the franchise built around these two guys cause it will lead nothing to disaster. Don't eat what Isiah feeds you.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
The Last three seasons G.M. Ainge, Mchale, and Bird has been making some terrible moves for their teams each season.

Now Ainge is a GENIUS!
He made the BEST Trades for his Celtics team this offseason.
The Boston Celtics have Three Dynamic ALL-STAR Franchise Players that can take control of every 4th Quarter Game (PF-KG, SF-Pierce, SG-Ray Allen).

Will they be able to MESH with Chemistry under Head Coach Doc Rivers?
Cut it out! these three guys are outstanding All-Stars, they will not only lead the Celtics to a couple of Atlantic Division Titles but they will be doing the cutting of Players in the Preseason Games.
Imagine all the unemployed decent Players this offseason that will be trying-out for the Celtics Training-Camp now that they have plenty roster spots that need to be filled.
Danny Ainge only have one more move and that is offer the MLE to FA PG-Brevin Knight.

Now we all should know that our Knicks can not touch the Boston Celtics with a Head Coach Like Zeke running the show.
Zack Randolph is not a Knick Savoir.
I would not put Zack in the Starting lineup with C-Curry, SG-Crawford, and PG-Marbury. Especially vs the Celtics.
you're giving boston and ainge way too much credit... ainge had inside on this through mchale... a few other teams actually had better trade offers than boston but they didn't have the in that ainge had... this is not genuis, this is backwards... one step forward and two steps back to be exact... This "new" Celtic team is OLD... Zebo is not here to be our saviour, he's just another weapon in the arsenal... and yes he's a starter especially vs. the celtics... have you seen how he matches up with kg?

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Danny Ainge is a genius for getting Garnett? Stop it. This isn't funny anymore. He made a trade with former teammate and fellow hot seat candidate Kevin McHale. I've said it before, 54 Mil in three players is not the place any GM wants to be. If one of those guys gets hurt, whats your plan B? This is a job saving tactic that will go horribly wrong. Trust. The landscape has changed in the east. Sure. All the nonsensical rants about how bad the Knicks are don't mean anything till gametime. I know Nate Robinson and Mardy Collins are better back ups at PG than Rajon Rondo or Tony Allen (who blew his knee, still have to see how that turns out). I Know Renaldo Balkman and David Lee are better than Scalabrine, Powe, and Wallace. I know Zach Randolph wants to prove he belongs. Eddy Curry finished the year big, and Knows he has to add a stronger defensive element to his game. The are gearing up for the season, and already the line up for surgery is getting long for all those who hurt themeselves jumping of the Knicks bandwagon. Suck it up folks! We're going to be a half court team that will fast break more with our energy-based second unit. We will lose games this season. That's life. However, I want to see some maturation. If we do we're in the playoffs. To beat San Antonio, you need to play a half court game. Case in point: Golden State beat Dallas. They played a half court team in Utah and went on to get killed. The Knicks are gonna be beasts. They want to make us proud as fans, and I truly believe they will. As long as the come out play to their strengths, we'll be in the hunt.

P.S. No one here or anywhere dubbed Zach Randolph the Savior. C'mon Kiya dude. Keep your posts more honest. You eggagerate way too much. You can make your point without the histrionics. Chill out playboy. Things will be cool.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Everyone here keeps comparing the new Celtics to the Knicks when that's not really the issue. The issue is, can the Knicks make the playoffs now with the Celtics grabbing one of the few available top 8 spots in the East? I know it's not a lock for the Celtics to get one of those spots, but they just increased their chances dramatically. So, can anyone realistically name two teams that made the playoffs last year that won't make them this year? Because that's what it is going to take for the Knicks to make the playoffs.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Okay, i actually see the wolves winning in this trade, they get telfair, green, gomes, ratliff and Al Jeff....for kg...
who is a better team because of the trade? the celtics....iff they stay healthy
i really dont care what others say about IT or whoever, In my opinion, we have 5 guys who can score 20 pts on any given night....marbury, crawford, q.rich, randolph, curry, we also have bench players to support our team....i still think that we are a team to compete with the celtics. I really dont favor a lot of isiahs moves, but ima knick fan, and i love our team regardless of who is on it....and i like our team, so i have no choice but to support them....including their coach, because isiah thomas is a knick. Im looking foward to our season...

ok, the C's got ray allen, we have crawford, they have paul, we have Q., they have KG, we have randolph, who do they have at the 1 and 5?? we have marbury and curry ....do they have a balkman, or lee or chandler or nichols, nate, collins? they have no depth.....they will log more minutes than the average superstar, and because of aging, injury will occur more frequently....Boston is overrated

Everyone here keeps comparing the new Celtics to the Knicks when that's not really the issue. The issue is, can the Knicks make the playoffs now with the Celtics grabbing one of the few available top 8 spots in the East? I know it's not a lock for the Celtics to get one of those spots, but they just increased their chances dramatically. So, can anyone realistically name two teams that made the playoffs last year that won't make them this year? Because that's what it is going to take for the Knicks to make the playoffs.

Great Question! I can see Toronto missing the playoffs, and I'm still not all that impressed with The Magic. But we can't sit back and see who is going to let us in, we have to beleive we're one of the top teams in the East and play like it every night. We are just as talanted as any team in the East, but for all the talk our players give each off season about this being the year for us, on the court we play with no heart or focus. Not to keep beating this Artest thing to the ground, but that's why we need a player like him to bring some of that 94 Knick feel back to the Garden. But as happy as we would be with that acqusition bottom line is with or without Ron we need to remember the game is played on the court so we need to play every game as if the playoffs are on the line from opening night, this team is not a team that can just turn on the jets whenever.

Kiyaman

Legend
you're giving boston and ainge way too much credit... ainge had inside on this through mchale... a few other teams actually had better trade offers than boston but they didn't have the in that ainge had... this is not genuis, this is backwards... one step forward and two steps back to be exact... This "new" Celtic team is OLD... Zebo is not here to be our saviour, he's just another weapon in the arsenal... and yes he's a starter especially vs. the celtics... have you seen how he matches up with kg?

I am not giving Ainge anything, Ainge been croaking the Celtics roster season after season. Mchale been croaking the Timberwolves roster season after season. The last recent seasons Larry Bird been picking apart the Pacers roster slowly by slowly. I guess before Mchale and Bird get FIRED they are going to make the Boston Celtics back into the ole Power-House Team in the NBA.
So credit must be given to G.M. Danny Ainge for making the Best powerful trade moves this 2007 offseason.

And the NEW Celtics are not old! they are Playoff experience All-Stars that show leadership on the court for 48 MPG. PG-Rondo will start having the best season of his NBA career with ALL-STAR Teammates.

What we Knick-Fans better keep our eye out for is all the unemployed decent NBA Role-Players that will be interested in trying-out for the Boston Celtics empty roster this Training Camp.

The Boston Celtics just won the next 2 to 3 seasons Alantic Division Title when they received "MVP" Keven Garnnett.

I dont think there is a team in the Eastern Conference right now that want to meet the Celtics in the first round this upcomming post season.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
the way these two teams are put together right now the knicks can beat the celtics in the regular season, in the first round, in the second round, in the conference finals... the way these two teams are put together right now, hell yeah give us the celtics any day or night of any season...

Trin_Starr

Starter
Any one going to the "Welcome to NY" party for Zach??? lol
Saw it and had to post!

Zach + Kim = Herpes, HIV and Gonnorhea! lol Now that's reason to press the panic button!!!

402mail13pv0.jpg

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
wiz and cavs

Starks

Starter
Any one going to the "Welcome to NY" party for Zach??? lol
Saw it and had to post!

402mail13pv0.jpg

I think the real question here is: DJ Clue is still alive???

Old or New, the Celtics are going to the best team in the east for next 2-3 seasons. So what's the point?

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Kim Kardashian will probably get passed like the dutchie or spent like grocery money. I heard she likes that dark meat. Homegirl has a fat booty though!!(Did anyone see that Ray J video?) Of DJ Clue is alive. He produced stuff on Fabolous and Jay-Z latest albums.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
ROFL, you said homegirl. I haven't heard that shit in ages.

dr.carpy, no one is trying to be funny. Can you be more open minded about this? I understand Boston will take time to gel, because chemistry is very imported. But you need to consider the following.

Ray Allen and Garnett aren't you underachieving players. They're some of the most productive players in the league, now playing with another extremely productive player at his position.
Allen and Garnett aren't the most selfish superstars either, so the vision and opportunity is wide open for Boston, its just a matter if they stay healthy or not. Garnett has a good history of staying healthy.
No one in the east is going to match up with the likes of Garnett. He's an all NBA defender, MVP, can play basically all positions. Garnett and Pierce would be been nasty alone, now Ray Allen? You can't double team all these guys at once, so one of them is going to be open or going one on one with someone, so it works out every possible way.

Carpy, Orlando are a half court team too, whats your point? They didn't do shit in the playoffs. Its not about being a half court team.

Defense and Turnovers are much more important Warriors took alot of risk on offense and payed for it if they weren't hot. Spurs comit the least ammount of errors and play the most consistant D, therefor they're rewarded.

Our defense is a little bit of improved, but still poor with a front court of Randolph and Curry, no post defense, and Crawford getting 35+ minutes.

With an addition of Artest would be a great addition, cause he could play defense many different ways; help defense or man to man in the post or perimeter. He will make our defense very good. He can't guard all 5 guys, but he could shut down alot of guys in the league, which is a huge plus. I also expect alot from Balman, Collins and even David Lee to step it up defensively. I've seen no signs from Curry or Randolph ever being average to good defenders, since they put 95% of their energy into their offense, similar to how Ben Wallace puts 95% of his energy on his defense.

Toons, scoring is irrevelant when you turn the ball over alot and play defense.

You said:
"ok, the C's got ray allen, we have crawford, they have paul, we have Q., they have KG, we have randolph"

LMAO, thats just terrible. You pointed out the huge gap between them and us.

Celtics have no depth, correct. What bench did the lakers have? slava medvedenko and samaki walker? So who gives a crap. Rajon Rando is an PG who does everything besides shoot, have you seen him play? Perkins is an average player at best, but it doesn't matter. You act like Celtics have NBDL players starting with these 3. Having 5 guys who can score 20 points a game at each position doesn't win you games.

But they have 3 superstars, and we don't. Plus, Big Baby Leon Powe and Tony Allen can be decent reserves if given the chance.

In my opinion, you look at their top 6 players (Rondo, Ray Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Perkins, with Tony Allen off the bench), and it just fits so well. They have plenty of good backups at the power forward position (Leon Powe among them - solid defender, rebounder). They only really need one or two more bench players to have an elite eight or nine man rotation.

I'm honestly not all that confident in Crawford's and Q-Rich's health either, they only played half a season. If those guys go down, what will our bench look like too? IF IF IF IF IF IF, we don't know, stop with the IFs it doesn't really prove any facts.

LJ4ptplay, Knicks will make the playoffs. I hope.

highesthigh, pass that roach man. I kinda figured it out already by your screenname.

KG is mad underrated.

Last edited:

Starks

Starter
Kim Kardashian will probably get passed like the dutchie or spent like grocery money. I heard she likes that dark meat. Homegirl has a fat booty though!!(Did anyone see that Ray J video?) Of DJ Clue is alive. He produced stuff on Fabolous and Jay-Z latest albums.

Wait... Faboulus is still in the music busines????? What the hell is going on these days. Thank god for ipods. Rza, Premier, Evidence, 9th Wonder, and Prefuse 73 are all alive and well in mine.

Kiyaman

Legend
One thing that no one should ignore is hunger.

I read this in a blog today, but think about this...

KG, PP, and RA are probably 3 of the most hungriest players in the game. KG showed what he can do when he is around 2 great all stars already.

These guys are gona bond in an instant and put them over the decling Pistons as the best team east easily by just showing up. But when you add in the kind of drive these guys have to finally play on a contending team- watch out.

And don't think for a second Boston will sport that weak bench when the season starts. There are some very good role players that are still are free agents: Miki Moore, Chris Webber, Matt Barnes, Charlie Bell, and Earl Boykins can be attained dirt cheap.

Thank You Starks, well said.
We Knick-Fans are going to hate the Celtics ten times more when we see them walk through alot of teams beating them by 20 or more points.

The Role-Players are out their and want in on the Celtics empty roster spots to make a name for themselves.
These Guys are HUNGRY!!!

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I watched the press conference. I'm sure most people did. You know what I saw. The accident that waiting to happen. KG stole the thunder, while the other guys (WOW! who would ever think of Shuttlesworth and PDuece as others?) sat there. And now comes there real question, whose ego will get to them first. Pierce was dubbed the savior, couldn't get it done. Look at Phoenix, they have a big three, the were trying to move the most versatile piece in Shawn Marion this offseason. Why? Ego. They don't get along as much there anymore.

My point is about half court based teams are that they ultimately win in the finals. Look at 1999 till now. Look at the winning teams and the style of play and see if there a common denominator. 1999 Spurs (Half Court Team Duncan & Robinson), 2000-2002 Lakers (Half Court Team Shaq), 2003 San Antonio (Half Court Team Duncan), 2004 Detroit (Half Court Team) 2005 San Antonio (Half Court Team), 2006 Miami Heat (Half Court Team) and finally again 2007 San Antonio (Half Court Team). So us being a half court based team that runs when given opportunity makes us contender more than pretender. If we use that to our advantage. That's my point. I have reread my posts and I did read any major ifs. The Knicks will win. They'll be in the playoffs. That's my opinion.

The Celtics have a big 3 with some big ifs. If they stay healthty. If Ray & Tony Allen are/stay healthty. If they get enough complimentary role players. If Doc Rivers can keep the egos in check. If these players in garnett especially can handle the sometimes overtly racist media of Massachusetts. That was KG's drawback before, and that hasn't changed. Nothing in life is a given. So for all the posts stating that all is doom and gloom. RELAX Y'ALL! The season hasn't started. Whine to me if we start 0-7. Other than that, get outside and enjoy the summer. This stuff will work itself out regardless. Boston has 54.4Mil in 3 players. Now lets see who they bring in. You may get 60pts out of the big 3, but they'll need at least another 35PPG from somewhere. The guys left over Brandon Wallace, Rajon Rondo, Leon Powe, Kendrick Perkins, Gabe Pruitt and Glen (Fatbaby...oops, Big Baby ) Davis ( a poor man's crack headed version of Eddy Curry or Tractor Traylor Pt.2 or the remix whatever you want). Those cats might get 35 points versus me, but I'm not ballin in the L. They put no fear in my heart. Till the season starts, consider my panic button broken.