START FRANK WILLIAMS NOW

jasperjay

Rookie
There is not enough minutes to fit all.....
And Chaney is making a mess of the whole thing....

Example burning in my mind is:

Saturday night Frank Williams plays entire
4th producing this stat line:

18 minutes
4 Rebounds
7 assists
0 fouls
1 steal
1 block
8 points

Then Dum Chaney doesn't play him more than 6 minutes
the following night in a win vs the Wizards.....

But for some reason in the Wizards game
he finds time for Eisley & Ward to
combine and produce a stat line like this:

45 minutes
5 rebounds
10 assists
7 fouls
1 steal
6 turnovers
15 points

Does anybody else need to do some math here.....

Start Frank Williams now

Damn

Swishfm3

Rookie
Who can explain the things that Chaney does?

all I havce to say is Chaney better enjoy his time as head coach cuz once he gets fired I can't see another NBA team offering him another head coaching position

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
oh man, getting him fired would be the best Christmas present ever! but as long as Layden is still the gm i don't see it happening
it will be just to good to be tru

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Swishfm3 said:
all I havce to say is Chaney better enjoy his time as head coach cuz once he gets fired I can't see another NBA team offering him another head coaching position

in 2001 we were the first team that gave him a head-coach position after 7 years

Swishfm3

Rookie
Swifftey said:
oh man, getting him fired would be the best Christmas present ever! but as long as Layden is still the gm i don't see it happening
it will be just to good to be tru

of course...Chaney is Layden shield.

As lonf as Chaney is around, everyone (media) forgets about the "great" job Layden as done

jasperjay

Rookie
I don't allways agree with Mr. Peter Vecsey on all his opinions.

But in regarts to the Knicks he is usually dead - on.....

In todays New York Post he writes:

Antonio McDyess and Frank Williams are the only two Knicks with a huge upside; for better or for worse, the rest of the players are what they are. Both ought to start, not just McDyess.

Why is Don Chaney holding back Williams? His only vaguely plausible excuse is an edict from above: Keep the remote chance alive of trading Howard Eisley or Charlie Ward by giving them the majority of nightlight, as if the league isn't acutely acquainted with their pay and play.

All I know is, if Williams were composing such stunning stuff for the Jazz, Scott Layden would be trying to pry him away from GM Kevin O'Connor.

Nuff said

If you wanna read his Hoop Du Jour
got to this link:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/43932.htm

jasperjay

Rookie
Stats don't lie:

vs Atlanta

Frank Williams
23 min
2 turnovers
9 assists
1 foul
10 pts.

Eisley
13 min
2 turnovers
2 assists
1 foul
6 pts.

C.Ward
23 min
1 turnovers
2 assists
1 foul
6 pts.

As far as I can see Frank almost had a double - double
Dum Chaney needs to make the move allready....

Swishfm3

Rookie
~Jasper
Just like the article sez.....

Keep the remote chance alive of trading Howard Eisley or Charlie Ward by giving them the majority of nightlight, as if the league isn't acutely acquainted with their pay and play.

that's the only thing I can think of..................

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
here's some encouraging news on the topic:

Chaney has tried to mix and match at the point all season with Charlie Ward, Howard Eisley and Frank Williams. The results have been generally underwhelming.

But against Atlanta, Williams provided a spark early in the third quarter. Entering with the Knicks down 55-52, Williams was at the controls during the 15-0 run the Knicks made to grab the lead and control of the game. On the night, he had a nice-looking line: 23 minutes, 10 points, nine assists, one turnover, two steals.

"It helps when you push buttons and guys respond," Chaney said. "To me, when a guy on the bench can come in and give you that lift, and replace a guy who's struggling, that's a key."

http://www.nj.com/knicks/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1072075867209840.xml
:hump: :hump: :hump: