It's official...We're all gonna hate Boston a lil More

reuel

Rookie
yeah this makes me a little uncomfortable. this is now a pretty good team, they have the best 3 player combo that i've since barkley clyde and the dream. I'm only wondering how healthy ray allen will be this season, if he is healthy, this is a really really good team.

they need to and will add some more players, probably veterans, a guard and power forward/center. (rose, jones, and dickau???).

but but you have three guys that can take responsibility for 95% of the winning games they had last season. in total they won 85 games, so together they can win at least 50 (or more) and be a really good team

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
great trio sure.... great team, i don't think so, at least not for a while...
besides the aging trio the rest of the team is dleague level at best... do i hate them more now? not as much as when they had larry and mchale...

jzero29

Rotation player
You have to admitt.

great trio sure.... great team, i don't think so, at least not for a while...
besides the aging trio the rest of the team is dleague level at best... do i hate them more now? not as much as when they had larry and mchale...
You have to admitt, this team is pretty sick, they are a couple of nobody role players away from being a championship team. Who knows what the nobody's they have will do? Scalabrinie, is no way by far a great player, but with that much talent around him does he need to be? or does he just need to do a good job at everything else. He certainly won't need to avg 20pts a game, with 3 other scores who can. Sre it will take some time for them to get chemistry down, and their system has to be a good one, that can include enough shots for everyone. They are pretty scary if things fall into place for them.We'll see it's gonna be one heck of a year in the east.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Whats wrong with being old? Spurs are old. Mavericks aren't that young either, same with Houston and Miami.
spurs, mavs etc... they're not "new" either, they've been playing together for a while and that's what makes them cohesive and effective... boston's "new" team is old and they haven't played a second together, it's gonna take them a while to make it work... or it may not work at all... they don't really have much more than a couple of years...

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
spurs, mavs etc... they're not "new" either, they've been playing together for a while and that's what makes them cohesive and effective... boston's "new" team is old and they haven't played a second together, it's gonna take them a while to make it work... or it may not work at all... they don't really have much more than a couple of years...

I agree but at the same time these are 3 vets who know the game... whatever support they get will b looking up to them for guidance and leadership and at the same time these guys are gonna know when and how to give and take to make it work with each other

BUT

This is a good short term move for Boston....but what happens in another 2-3 seasons when the tripod's legs get wobbly n oldER?

Last edited:

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
I agree but at the same time these are 3 vets who know the game... whatever support they get will b looking up to them for guidance and leadership and at the same time these guys are gonna know when and how to give and take to make it work with each other

BUT

This is a good short term move for Boston....but what happens in another 2-3 seasons when the tripod's legs get wobbly n oldER?
rebuild... yet AGAIN...

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Whats wrong with being old? Spurs are old. Mavericks aren't that young either, same with Houston and Miami.

The problem isnt just old. But old and meeting for the 1st time. Those other teams have a core dating back a couple yrs.
I dont expect for this team with no real PG, absolutely no bench making any serious noise besides 1st round playoff exit.
Maybe next yr after they figure out how to work on the kinks and upgrade certain positions then they might be dangerous.
We have 17 players, lets give some to boston. Lol. Jared Jeffries anyone?

metrocard

Legend

So? When Lakers brought in Malone and Payton, it took them a while for them to gel. Once they did (After the 2nd half) They flew threw the playoffs. Allen and Garnett(07) are better than Payton and Malone(03'). Pierce is one of the most underrated players in the league. Rando can't shoot, but he doesn't need to cause he does everything well. Lakers made it to the finals with Slava Mavendenko off the bench. Stop overrating this, when you get a top 3 player in the NBA, expect great sucess. Garnett isn't T'Mac, Garnett is a rare talent with a great attitude, that wants to win now. That fits in perfectly with two other guys who want to win before their career = over.

Man, I wish I had a couple of years of winning. What, what are you waiting for? The Knicks to be competitive? Hell, with Isiah running the show having Curry as his main guy, we're gonna wait a while. Even one season would be great. I'm not a Knick fan who doesn't like a losing pattern of seasons and bad management, therefor I'm not down with Isiah's plan. I agree with some of his moves, but I don't like his motive and the slow progression of a team thats already over the cap. Ha, atleast 4-5 trades blew up on Isiah's face, but we're still on year 4 of his 10 year plan? Please, how many chances are we going to give this guy. What makes him so special from the other GM's we had? I'm looking at our record and I see nothing. All I see is hype about average to good players. No all stars, no superstars, no leaders, no guys with great playoff experience. So what direction are we heading, and how fast are we going? It seems like every where else in the NBA is becoming more competitive and we're going at our little pace. Isiah needs to keep up or backdown.

Kiyaman

Legend

Do not underestimate the talents of Five or more All-Star appearance players meshing & bonding together, especially when you seen on several occasions each one score practically 30 points just in the 4th quarter.

Players like PG-Rondo, PF-Scalibrine, and C-Perkins will have a great first season with these Franchise players, the season after that they will be recognized as some great Role-Players to have around Star-Players.
The most important thing to worry about now is alot of unemployed NBA Role Players are having their Agent call the Boston Celtics the day after the KG trade to get a TRY-OUT in this Celtics Training-Camp for their empty roster.
I'm sure whomever the Timberwolves cut (even Telfair) Boston will pick back up.

As Knick-Fans we have no other reason but to hate this Boston team from stopping us from getting the Atlantic Division Title this season...

Kiyaman

Legend
So? When Lakers brought in Malone and Payton, it took them a while for them to gel.

At the start of the Lakers season with Malone & Payton they WON 15 games out of their first 21 games that season. They came to New York and beat our Knicks up Physically, I was so upset with Coach Don Chaney for not getting a technical or getting his butt up off the bench to argue at all the nonsense calls that was made against the Knicks in that Laker vs Knick game.

Sorry, but the Lakers walked right through every body at the Start of the 2003-4 season untill Shaq pulled his old injury routine, which he does each season after getting off to a great start. Kobe had a reason to be pissed at Shaq that reason, but not in the FINALS...

shawNY

Rookie
big deal...man we can still beat them but they could be more dangerous in the east... they have nobody else for backup

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Kevin Garnett was hesitant. He?s new here.

?The Eastern Conference has gotten better," Garnett said when asked if he thought the Celtics were the favorite. "I wouldn?t go that far and say we?re the team to beat. We have things to prove. We have to work on chemistry.?

quoted Garnett in today's Boston Globe. Again folks, calm down.

Just like our team it all looks good on paper. Let's see what happens through out the season. Ray allen loves to shoot that ball and LORD knows so does Paul Pierce. Mr Garnett is also fond of the ball. To bad there's only 1 ball. Each guy is use to being the MAN on their team so I'm not sure it will all come together. For Doc Rivers and Mr Ainge they better pray it all comes together or they will be 2 more guy's on the unemployment line in Boston. F*** Boston. Let's worry about how we're going to have better season's than we've had of late. Don't forget Boston also now has alot of EGOS to massage.

Kiyaman

Legend
Just like our team it all looks good on paper. Let's see what happens through out the season. Ray allen loves to shoot that ball and LORD knows so does Paul Pierce. Mr Garnett is also fond of the ball. To bad there's only 1 ball. Each guy is use to being the MAN on their team so I'm not sure it will all come together. For Doc Rivers and Mr Ainge they better pray it all comes together or they will be 2 more guy's on the unemployment line in Boston. F*** Boston. Let's worry about how we're going to have better season's than we've had of late. Don't forget Boston also now has alot of EGOS to massage.

All three of these Franchise Players wanted two more consistent scorers on their team to get past the second round of the playoffs.
All three Franchise Players are Complimentary Players so chemistry and bonding come natural.

All they need right now is to sign FA PG-Brevin Knight so he could WIN the assists title this season.

All of us Knick-Fans will be very angry about this new addition Boston Celtics team bonding together so soon and beating teams by a huge margin.
I know who I'm going to take my Anger out on, President/Coach Isiah Thomas...

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
3 old guys don't make a team... no matter how much they "bond"...
they can "bond" all day and all night they still got mad holes...