It's official...We're all gonna hate Boston a lil More

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
the atlantic is gonna be rough... everyone here is acting like it's a two pony race... Jersey got Kristic back, drafted Sean Williams, signed Maglore and are getting ready for year 2 of Marcus Williams, Nacbar and Boone off the bench, not to mention the big 3 and Collins... Toronto is going into year two of the Colangelo era with new signees Delfino and Kapono, year two of the Bargnani, TJ Ford and Bosh era... the atlantic will be a dogfight for everyone...

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
the atlantic is gonna be rough... everyone here is acting like it's a two pony race... Jersey got Kristic back, drafted Sean Williams, signed Maglore and are getting ready for year 2 of Marcus Williams, Nacbar and Boone off the bench, not to mention the big 3 and Collins... Toronto is going into year two of the Colangelo era with new signees Delfino and Kapono, year two of the Bargnani, TJ Ford and Bosh era... the atlantic will be a dogfight for everyone...
i agree... it's gonna be a hell of a dogfight...
somebody call michael vick...

sorry, i couldn't resist...
ok, back to topic...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The Raptors got worse, in my opinion. Mo Pete could defend, Kapono can't. Defino is okay defensively, but TDot gave up way points defensively. Now they seemed poised to hemorrhage even more points this year. Bargnani is soft and not very fast. Again, too many shooters, not enough shots. With the Nets, I have to see with Nenad Kristic. He might truly be one of the most over touted failures to date. Boone looked horrible offensively. Williams has a future, and Magloire is serviceable. Williams will help defensively, if he stays out of trouble.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
The Raptors got worse, in my opinion. Mo Pete could defend, Kapono can't. Defino is okay defensively, but TDot gave up way points defensively. Now they seemed poised to hemorrhage even more points this year. Bargnani is soft and not very fast. Again, too many shooters, not enough shots. With the Nets, I have to see with Nenad Kristic. He might truly be one of the most over touted failures to date. Boone looked horrible offensively. Williams has a future, and Magloire is serviceable. Williams will help defensively, if he stays out of trouble.
thanks for pointing that out dr. carpy... toronto, nj... that's two spots possibly opening up... there's bound to be more shifts... as this long season progress people are going to see just how wide open this is... it's gonna be interesting...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Jersey hasn't missed the playoffs in 6 years... and I doubt they will as long as JKidd is running the show... Kristic is a soft, jumpshooting big, but he can rebound and play a modicum of position D against weaker foes... if he's getting bullied around... Collins and Magloire are there to back him up...

Kopono's a better shooter than Mo Pete and will fit the system better than Mo Pete did last year... high octane offense can get you through 82... they'll flame out in the playoffs...

that being said... I think Toronto might miss the boat... but my point is the Atlantic is about more than Bos and NY... everyone has potential... everyone has question marks...

Jersey hasn't missed the playoffs in 6 years... and I doubt they will as long as JKidd is running the show... Kristic is a soft, jumpshooting big, but he can rebound and play a modicum of position D against weaker foes... if he's getting bullied around... Collins and Magloire are there to back him up...

Kopono's a better shooter than Mo Pete and will fit the system better than Mo Pete did last year... high octane offense can get you through 82... they'll flame out in the playoffs...

that being said... I think Toronto might miss the boat... but my point is the Atlantic is about more than Bos and NY... everyone has potential... everyone has question marks...

I agree with this.

On the Kellerman show today, it was told by Buchler that the Knicks and Kings are speaking on Artest. He said before the summer is out a deal will get done. And as I said, it will involve Nate. He assured Nate would be in that deal.

We get Ronnie... the east can hang it up. Imma be talking big junk then...

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
I agree with this.

On the Kellerman show today, it was told by Buchler that the Knicks and Kings are speaking on Artest. He said before the summer is out a deal will get done. And as I said, it will involve Nate. He assured Nate would be in that deal.

We get Ronnie... the east can hang it up. Imma be talking big junk then...
qb in the house... watch out!!!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player

i think the only team you can really count out is philly...theyll still be competitive but probably are bottom two in the atlantic. i think tor basically treaded water - they only have one good big man in bosh whos pretty soft. they still have a bunch of holes with their swingmen in terms of d and all around game. their bench isnt super deep either. i think the nets got better and if they can stay healthy theyre probably the most dangerous. kidd just has to run the show for everyone to finish and they added a quality big man to help defend and rebound. ive discussed my thoughts on boston, to sum up they have no bench and noone outside of 3 aging stars who cant stay healthy so i dont think theyre a lock either. i like the knicks chances and particularly depth compared to most of the other teams.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
i think the only team you can really count out is philly...theyll still be competitive but probably are bottom two in the atlantic. i think tor basically treaded water - they only have one good big man in bosh whos pretty soft. they still have a bunch of holes with their swingmen in terms of d and all around game. their bench isnt super deep either. i think the nets got better and if they can stay healthy theyre probably the most dangerous. kidd just has to run the show for everyone to finish and they added a quality big man to help defend and rebound. ive discussed my thoughts on boston, to sum up they have no bench and noone outside of 3 aging stars who cant stay healthy so i dont think theyre a lock either. i like the knicks chances and particularly depth compared to most of the other teams.
i wouldn't count the sixers out either... miller fit right in and was running the offense almost immediately after the trade... i think they had a better win-loss clip after the trade, am i right??? iguadala is a stud... dalembert is a top5 defensive center, up there with camby, howard, big ben... the guy from the 70's show is a lights-out shooter on a good night... and who knows what they have up their sleeves trade-wise, you know they're not afraid to pull the trigger... the east is going to be very competitive this season and with all that tough competition whoever wins the east will be mentally tough and battle-hardened... i won't be surprised at all if the east beat the west in the finals this season...