Kg To Celtics..honestly Do We Really Have A Chance To Win The Atlantic

dialdayo

Rookie
Tell Me What You Think Guys..like Cmon Ive Always Been A Knicks Fan And Support Them Always....dissapointing After Dissapointing Season And Thought We Really Had A Chance To Take Our Division This Year..but We Do Not Have The Firepower To Take Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, And Kevin Garnett ..thats Like An All Star Line Up...not Alone Jus Beat Them...but Have A Better Record Than Them...guys Tell Me What You Think!

metrocard

Legend
With the Nets and Raptors in the division, we never had a chance. Now we the Celtics, all we gotta do is fight not to finish last.

jzero29

Rotation player
it' going to be a long year.

It's going to be a long year, hopefully zach randolph makes our team that much better. Hopefully we stay injury free this year. I don't like to wish harm on anybody, but it will be tough for the knicks if the other teams don't lose a guy to injury here or there. However I am not above hoping the chemistry in boston is all out of wack. Hopefully ours team chemistry developes fast. Either way the east will be interesting this year thats for sure.

WiL8000

Rotation player
This will make the division tougher to say the least, but we have some guys who can compete with this line-up (Eddy Curry, Zach Randolf, Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford). Our biggest problem is obviously Garnett, but I would have a sucker like Jerome James fouling him whenever possible and playing the young guys on the roster to tire em out if they can. Boston lost some considerable youth in the trades for Allen and Garnett. It will be tough to match the pure shot of players like Pierce and Allen. Hopefully Randolf and Curry work on their "D" and rebounding down low. David Lee is what I'm most thankful for as a Knicks fan and hope we utilize his intensity more.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
we have a much better chance of winning the atlantic than boston does...
their "new" team is old... ainge is thinking backwards... very high risk...
high reward? maybe, maybe not... let's see... i wouldn't bet on it though.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Celtics have Three Dynamic Franchise Players (SF-Pierce, SG-Ray Allen, and C/F-KG) that are unstopable in the 4th quarter.
If Ainge offer PG-Brevin Knight the MLE than the Celtics got the Atlantic Division Title sowed up for the next 3 seasons making G.M. Ainge into a Genius.

Its Bad for us Knick-Fans being we don't have any peremeter Defense.
All three of the Celtics Franchise Players could beat us with their peremeter shooting in the 4th qtr..

No matter how much one can hate on the Celtics you have to admit they made the best offseason trades. Thank God Ainge dont have an eye for young talent that will be cut this Preseason to add some depth to the Celtics.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
we can still contend...Boston made a big move with players who no matter what team they were on WE always had trouble defending(now they're on the same team) but if our players are really as focused and hungry as they claim in all these summer interviews n whatnot then i still feel OK...

Anyone know if Randolph and Curry have met yet?

Ya'll cave in too quickly...

Nice big three. They will be a good team. That said, the Knicks are seriously about 10 deep right now. We are also the most athletic team in the div bar none. Everyone speaking about Boston's big three based on offense... so then I ask you... Will offense be the Knicks problem?

To a man, most will say no emphatically. Knicks only need to sure up their defense in certain areas I am sure the coaching staff will address. I mean, they got Curry to realize he should dominate on offense and stop fouling so much. In one season Isaiah and the staff improved Curry 2 fold of what he has not been his whole career. People need to realize he smells the coffee now. If he is adequate on defense the league can hang it up. It's nice we got Zach to share the load, but Curry is the key here. Boston or no team in the east has an answer for Curry if he is at worst last years version, and if he is any better than that...

Factor in Steph still will be the 4th to 5th option on the team... Kidding me?

And now with this move, rest assured Zeke will be bringing in Artest. And then that means Boston's big three will be big two vs us because whoever Ron gaurds is in for a looooooooooooooooong night. Zeke is almost forced to make that deal now because of the trade. He can't trust Curry and Zach to improve the weakest parts of their games ( help defense ) off of last year, and training camp. Curry should improve, but I doubt Zeke banks on it. Therefore you need perimeter stoppers... Don't get much better than Artest on defense in the NBA. He is a must at this point, even if it means Lee or Balkman.

I hope it does not come down to that of course. Still think it will likely be a package involving Nate and others. But Zeke should not balk on Artest to keep Lee or Balkman in the fold. 1 Artest is better than both players. 2 Artest rebounds, scores, defends very well, and Balkman/Lee are almost interchangeable. I'd go as far to say right not I'd give the edge to Balkman because he is a much better defender than Lee, and he rebounds if not as well, very close. So if Lee HAD to be in the package for Artest, I'd be upset if we did not get him. Artest plus Balkman at sf means rebounds, points , great defense, ballhandling and finishing. Not to mention you dont lose an ounce of defense at that spot with either of them. God forbid you have them both on the floor at the same time, one gaurd the sf, one gaurd a 2. Zeke would be an absolute big dummy to not get Artest at the sake of keeping Lee. Especially since he would be a bench player and we still have Jefferies while not a great player, can be serviceable off the bench at the 4.

Artest must be a Knick.

metrocard

Legend
Nice big three. They will be a good team. That said, the Knicks are seriously about 10 deep right now. We are also the most athletic team in the div bar none. Everyone speaking about Boston's big three based on offense... so then I ask you... Will offense be the Knicks problem?

To a man, most will say no emphatically. Knicks only need to sure up their defense in certain areas I am sure the coaching staff will address. I mean, they got Curry to realize he should dominate on offense and stop fouling so much. In one season Isaiah and the staff improved Curry 2 fold of what he has not been his whole career. People need to realize he smells the coffee now. If he is adequate on defense the league can hang it up. It's nice we got Zach to share the load, but Curry is the key here. Boston or no team in the east has an answer for Curry if he is at worst last years version, and if he is any better than that...

Factor in Steph still will be the 4th to 5th option on the team... Kidding me?

And now with this move, rest assured Zeke will be bringing in Artest. And then that means Boston's big three will be big two vs us because whoever Ron gaurds is in for a looooooooooooooooong night. Zeke is almost forced to make that deal now because of the trade. He can't trust Curry and Zach to improve the weakest parts of their games ( help defense ) off of last year, and training camp. Curry should improve, but I doubt Zeke banks on it. Therefore you need perimeter stoppers... Don't get much better than Artest on defense in the NBA. He is a must at this point, even if it means Lee or Balkman.

I hope it does not come down to that of course. Still think it will likely be a package involving Nate and others. But Zeke should not balk on Artest to keep Lee or Balkman in the fold. 1 Artest is better than both players. 2 Artest rebounds, scores, defends very well, and Balkman/Lee are almost interchangeable. I'd go as far to say right not I'd give the edge to Balkman because he is a much better defender than Lee, and he rebounds if not as well, very close. So if Lee HAD to be in the package for Artest, I'd be upset if we did not get him. Artest plus Balkman at sf means rebounds, points , great defense, ballhandling and finishing. Not to mention you dont lose an ounce of defense at that spot with either of them. God forbid you have them both on the floor at the same time, one gaurd the sf, one gaurd a 2. Zeke would be an absolute big dummy to not get Artest at the sake of keeping Lee. Especially since he would be a bench player and we still have Jefferies while not a great player, can be serviceable off the bench at the 4.

Artest must be a Knick.

Indeed. Artest/Balkman is what we really need to make up for our soft no defensive frontcourt.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
ummm... on what planet is Jared Jeffries a servicable 4? i think we have enough to make the playoffs now... if Sac insists on Lee or Balk... we can pass... he'll opt out in the summer and we'll get him in a sign/trade... or we can use our MLE... we do need to lose players though... maybe IT holds off on this one until Jones/Dikau can be traded outright...

ummm... on what planet is Jared Jeffries a servicable 4? i think we have enough to make the playoffs now... if Sac insists on Lee or Balk... we can pass... he'll opt out in the summer and we'll get him in a sign/trade... or we can use our MLE... we do need to lose players though... maybe IT holds off on this one until Jones/Dikau can be traded outright...

I think he is serviceable at that spot off the bench. He was not as bad as he played last year. He just tried to do too much because of the money. He played pretty well last couple of months.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Jeffries would be a good utility guy...since he can play 2-5 (i'm being generous lol) he can fill in gaps when needed...such as when the injury bug occurs. Not taking playing time from our youth is the major issue. The youth gets first priority...if or when they get hurt...we give jeffries the minutes. Otherwise sit him on the bench until he is needed...that's if the trade doesnt go down.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
jared jeffries is tall enough to play the 4 & 5... but he's not strong enough to bang with the big boys... maybe against smaller lineups though...

metrocard

Legend
Jeffries can play the 3/4, but terribly. Putting Jeffries at the 2 or 5 just would proclaim yourself as an autistic human being.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
hence the term "i'm being generous". If it was up to me he wouldn't be here at all. His defense is overrated and his jumper is terrible. But Isiah only knows what Isiah's thinking...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
The Celtics have Three Dynamic Franchise Players (SF-Pierce, SG-Ray Allen, and C/F-KG) that are unstopable in the 4th quarter.
If Ainge offer PG-Brevin Knight the MLE than the Celtics got the Atlantic Division Title sowed up for the next 3 seasons making G.M. Ainge into a Genius.

Its Bad for us Knick-Fans being we don't have any peremeter Defense.
All three of the Celtics Franchise Players could beat us with their peremeter shooting in the 4th qtr..

No matter how much one can hate on the Celtics you have to admit they made the best offseason trades. Thank God Ainge dont have an eye for young talent that will be cut this Preseason to add some depth to the Celtics.

obviously kg is a great player but unstoppable in the 4th? pierce? allen? are you serious? none of them have won anything and can barely make it past the first round. allen and pierce cant stay healthy for a whole year. ainge mortgaged his whole team and now has no bench and no pg. and i doubt hes getting knight for a minimum salary. our perimeter d isnt bad, allen is a spot up shooter and not a slasher, pierce is a mix, kg is content to shoot js and i think lee on him isnt a terrible matchup. 1-10 were a much better team than they are. basketball isnt a 3 on 3 game. their pg is rajon rondo and their center is kendrick perkins. do you really think our front court wont outscore and outfoul their frontcourt? do you really think their perimeter d with ray allen is any better than ours? do they have any chemistry as a team yet? no. so stop hating on the knicks and being on bostons dick before the season even started yet. youre always so negative jesus.