Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddy Curry Robbed In A Home Invasion

Default Eddy Curry Robbed In A Home Invasion

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

chicago is not a safe place in the off season

Wow, I wonder if its the same person that robbed antoine Walkers house a few weeks ago... at least he's ok, the person that did it, knew who they were going after they went after a 6'10" 23 year old. they brought a gun and duct tape. Scary scary stuff

Default Sad

Originally Posted by youadmireme2
    Wow, I wonder if its the same person that robbed antoine Walkers house a few weeks ago... at least he's ok, the person that did it, knew who they were going after they went after a 6'10" 23 year old. they brought a gun and duct tape. Scary scary stuff
    I hate hearing this stuff. It makes me feel even more unsafe becauce I am ot tall, not rich, or even a superstar but live in a bad neigborhood and if they rob guys like him imagine us! I think its time for NBA players to move away from the chi town!

Serously this is a shame, look Walker and Curry were both robbed in front of family, while at home. I mean it is one thing when a player gets caught up at 3:00 am in the streets or at a club, but imagine someone kicking in the door of your house, taping up your wife and kids. It's a damn shame that rather than being proud of a man who came from the same streets you came from and making himself into something successful, these men feel they have to take what he had earned. As a Knick fan ofcourse I hate to see that happen to one of our players, but it also pisses me off that in our society there are people that want the finer things in life, but don't have the courage or the work ethic to earn it themselves so they rob someone who did put in the work and did have the courage to chase their dreams. God Bless Curry and Antoine's family and I pray they recover from this.

Why doesnt eddy live in a gated community? I mean i would be living on MJ's block. I know this doesnt justify why it happened but he could do better with the security measures for his family. I would have been on some ox stuff (belly) if i had half of what he has

at least no one was hurt in the whole thing... these cats knew what they were doing... hopefully, the chi town pd is investigating the matter and athletes in the chi area are getting better security...

Veteran

Default Well...

A man once posted this in a thread here not long ago "If anything people need to get away from the bible and create their own principles."

This is what happens when people create thier own principles. They get it in their head that it's their right to go take what someone else earns or other things of the sort.

Unfortunate for Eddy and his family. Even more unfortunate for the next victim if these guys are not caught.

Because this is one of the principles people have these days... Take what's yours and make it mine.

Originally Posted by Bombay
    Why doesnt eddy live in a gated community?
    Moving into a gated community is like giving in. You can't allow those people or fear to rule over your life. Still, the whole thing sucks and if it happens to guys like Curry and Walker only puts media attention on something that happens to thousands of people who can't possibly move to "MJ's block".

Originally Posted by pat
    Moving into a gated community is like giving in. You can't allow those people or fear to rule over your life. Still, the whole thing sucks and if it happens to guys like Curry and Walker only puts media attention on something that happens to thousands of people who can't possibly move to "MJ's block".
    Walker lives on MJ's wife's block, so it doesn't really matter too much where you live when someone makes you a target. I posted my reply before reading the story about the Dr. who had his house broken in where his wife and two daughters were raped and murdered, and that is even more disturbing than what happened to Eddy, Eddy lost some money and jewels which can and will be replaced, but this man lost lives.

very, very wrong in every sense... eddy and his family as well as antoine walker and his family were absolutely violated... thankful they're alive and well enough to recover from this horror... hopefully they develop the same perspective in life that abdul-jabbar did when he lost all his material possesions in a fire and realize that there's more to life than material, tangible things... as screwed up as it is, turn adversity into determination...

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    A man once posted this in a thread here not long ago "If anything people need to get away from the bible and create their own principles."

This is what happens when people create thier own principles. They get it in their head that it's their right to go take what someone else earns or other things of the sort.

Unfortunate for Eddy and his family. Even more unfortunate for the next victim if these guys are not caught.

Because this is one of the principles people have these days... Take what's yours and make it mine.
    Ohh please.....how many folks are killed in the name of GOD, or ALLAH again within the past 40 years? Give me a break...People need to get away from the arcane document as fast as they can...you want to find the true essence of GOD...study mathematics, science, and the natural world...it's all around you but folks choose not to see it..they would rather have the silly superstitions...

It's not people creating their own principles that's the fault of this robbery...dude was broke and saw a quick means to alleviate his impoverished condition...PERIOD.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Ohh please.....how many folks are killed in the name of GOD, or ALLAH again within the past 40 years? Give me a break...People need to get away from the arcane document as fast as they can...you want to find the true essence of GOD...study mathematics, science, and the natural world...it's all around you but folks choose not to see it..they would rather have the silly superstitions...

It's not people creating their own principles that's the fault of this robbery...dude was broke and saw a quick means to alleviate his impoverished condition...PERIOD.

As usual you miss the point. True essence of God is love. That is why he says love your neighbor as you love yourself. If people did that, would be no wars, killings, robbings or the sort. As ARCANE as that one principle is, if applied, the world would be a lot better to live in.

I can't buy your broke and impoverished theory at all. Bums are broke and impoverished. 3 guys with guns and a plan to take what is not theirs are more likely people just not happy with what they have. There is a difference. Instead of planning to work harder to make their own means, they took the easy way out and found someone to steal from to try and live beyond THIER MEANS. Not like these people are going to sell those jewels and then say "well... we got these, don't have to steal anymore! " They will be back at it again... and again... til captured or killed.

And how you live is part of having principles. Whether you adhere to the bible, or yourself. You still live by a principle code. Order, chaos, you decide.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz

Not much compared to all the diseases, car accidents, obesity deaths going on in our part of the world.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Bombay
    Why doesnt eddy live in a gated community? I mean i would be living on MJ's block. I know this doesnt justify why it happened but he could do better with the security measures for his family. I would have been on some ox stuff (belly) if i had half of what he has
    walker definitely lived in a gated community. not sure about curry. its not a cop out to live there...if you have that kind of money and can take measures to protect you and your family by moving there, why dont you. its stupid not to.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    As usual you miss the point. True essence of God is love. That is why he says love your neighbor as you love yourself. If people did that, would be no wars, killings, robbings or the sort. As ARCANE as that one principle is, if applied, the world would be a lot better to live in.

I can't buy your broke and impoverished theory at all. Bums are broke and impoverished. 3 guys with guns and a plan to take what is not theirs are more likely people just not happy with what they have. There is a difference. Instead of planning to work harder to make their own means, they took the easy way out and found someone to steal from to try and live beyond THIER MEANS. Not like these people are going to sell those jewels and then say "well... we got these, don't have to steal anymore! " They will be back at it again... and again... til captured or killed.

And how you live is part of having principles. Whether you adhere to the bible, or yourself. You still live by a principle code. Order, chaos, you decide.
    The homeless don't steal? Ha...most of them have either a mental disease..as in something seriously wrong. They do steal food to survive if you wish to be technical.

They keep stealing because they know nothing else. It's how one becomes a thief...because stealing pays more than working an honest 9-5 job...or simply laziness. Whichever you prefer.

Just as you don't buy my poverty argument, I don't buy yours about religion.

I've seen enough hustlers of the faiths in my time to realize the truth...religion ain't nothing but a hustle. The willful dumbing down of the masses through stories of nothing but pure flights of fancy..all the precious pearls of wisdom that flow from the holy texts...most written thousands of years before in philosophies of one's own thought...not inspired by GOD, but forged through reason and analysis of the human condition.

The Analects by Confucius... far older than the Bible...golden rule written about centuries before there was such a thing as a Christian.

Buddhism is probably the closet religion to philosophy rather than wasting a ton of time guessing on a perfect afterlife it actually makes one look inward..it's the only respectable religion of them all.

I was once brainwashed by the Bible, till the day I started needing my answers to make rational sense...then I moved on to the Koran...after that the Vedas...science, math, philosophy are the truth paths to GOD...religion just clutters one head with superstition. I could never reduce myself to such a low point to call those holy text to be inspired by or the true word of GOD....