Marbury Says Don't Fear Celtics, KG

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
New York Post -
Stephon Marbury said late last season he would love to reunite with Kevin Garnett. But Marbury feels no remorse Garnett is headed to Beantown and believes the Knicks should not be afraid of the new-look Celtics.

In an exclusive interview with The Post, Marbury also took shots at Minnesota GM Kevin McHale, expressing concern his cousin Sebastian Telfair, involved in the blockbuster, has to play for him.

"When I do speak to (Sebastian) I'll wish him good luck and tell him to be careful around Kevin McHale," Marbury said.

McHale's trade has made Boston the East's team to beat in some circles. Marbury isn't granting the Celtics the Eastern title.

"On paper, they're a really good team with guys who can really play, but they still have to get on the court and do it," Marbury said. "Chemistry is everything. We look good on paper, too, and we have a year under our belts.

"I'm not thinking about Boston," Marbury added. "I'm only thinking about the New York Knicks . Our new nickname is nice and nasty. That's how we're coming."

New York Post -
Stephon Marbury said late last season he would love to reunite with Kevin Garnett. But Marbury feels no remorse Garnett is headed to Beantown and believes the Knicks should not be afraid of the new-look Celtics.

In an exclusive interview with The Post, Marbury also took shots at Minnesota GM Kevin McHale, expressing concern his cousin Sebastian Telfair, involved in the blockbuster, has to play for him.

"When I do speak to (Sebastian) I'll wish him good luck and tell him to be careful around Kevin McHale," Marbury said.

McHale's trade has made Boston the East's team to beat in some circles. Marbury isn't granting the Celtics the Eastern title.

"On paper, they're a really good team with guys who can really play, but they still have to get on the court and do it," Marbury said. "Chemistry is everything. We look good on paper, too, and we have a year under our belts.

"I'm not thinking about Boston," Marbury added. "I'm only thinking about the New York Knicks . Our new nickname is nice and nasty. That's how we're coming."

Link? That would come in handy. Thanks.

wow..

I see it now, thanks. He aint really say nothing though. Just that the Knicks need to handle their business, which they do. I won't be the slightest bit surprised if the Knicks win this div. But if that happens, I will be surprised at how many people will jump on the wagon.

Last edited:

mugili716

Benchwarmer
I dont know about you guys but the way the knicks players are talking this summer it has been completely different then summers past. Nice and nasty. I really think we got a legit chance, and these guys do got a good year under their belt so chemistry seems like its gonna be better. Just about everyone will walk into the year understanding what their role is going to be. I think marbury has got his head on right for realz this time and it will help eddy and zach play together. I really think we got a good chance to do some good this year.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
f--k boston... they don't even have a team... hell, they don't even have half a team... this is not a 3-on-3 pick-up game... this is the nba... and it's a very long and punishing season... boston is f--ked!!!

paris401

Starter
starbury worried about his cousin... why not take care of business with the knicks... how about getting us into the playoffs... so far what i see is 22 wins and 33 wins...

Trin_Starr

Starter
starbury worried about his cousin... why not take care of business with the knicks... how about getting us into the playoffs... so far what i see is 22 wins and 33 wins...

so there's a trend
22 wins, 33 wins and this year 44 wins - which will bring us to .540! lol j/k

*ahem... new york city... stand the F&^K up...
Absoluetly. Stand the f**k up. It is what it is. They have their team and we have our's. Can't worry about what we think we should have done over the summer. This is our team as of 8/2/07. Let's support the sh*t out of them.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Absoluetly. Stand the f**k up. It is what it is. They have their team and we have our's. Can't worry about what we think we should have done over the summer. This is our team as of 8/2/07. Let's support the sh*t out of them.

To the fullest! I'm accustomed to see the crybabying now...it doesn't bother me but regardless who's running this team you have to support them...otherwise you're integrity as a fan is in question....