Step away from the panic button - Ron Ron is coming!

Trin_Starr

Starter
Heard it from Bucher on ESPN radio.
A trade is in the works.
He's not sure who is exactly involved but thinks it's nate, jefferies, and the expirings of dickau/jones, 1st rd pick for ron and filler, but definitely no Lee or Balkman.

I'll keep you guys posted if I find out more info!!

Bucher is going to have an ESPN insider chat @ 3pm - he might shed some light on his information....anyone have insider? :)

Last edited:
Like the Late Great Big Pun would say......YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH BABY!

Ok let's not get excited just yet, but if it goes down, I'll be counting down the days to the season for the rest of the summer.....and suddendly I'm reminded of the day I heard Larry was going to be our coach:peace::peace:

Oops didn't mean to add the Icons to my last post....so to clarify....I'm excited as hell, but was here before with LB coming to the Knicks, so won't be too optomistic.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I heard a dude on another forum say yesterday that he knew someone who knows Artest's brother and that he said how Artest already moved all his stuff from sac to NY and also mentioned that the players involved may be jefferies, james, dickau/jones, 1st rd pick or some combination of that....
Other members on that forum were rippin' the dude for posting that - sayin' he was talking garbage!

Now this morning I heard that ESPN is reporting a deal is in the works with similar players!!!....this is too coincidental not to be some silly rumor!

I heard a dude on another forum say yesterday that he knew someone who knows Artest's brother and that he said how Artest already moved all his stuff from sac to NY and also mentioned that the players involved may be jefferies, james, dickau/jones, 1st rd pick or some combination of that....
Other members on that forum were rippin' the dude for posting that - sayin' he was talking garbage!

Now this morning I heard that ESPN is reporting a deal is in the works with similar players!!!....this is too coincidental not to be some silly rumor!

I swear I want to get excited, but let's chill until it goes down. If IT got Jerome James and Jared Jefferies to be a part of the package, the same summer he got rid of Steve Francis, then he has to have redeemed himself, I think my man Metro will even admit to that.

Alright not to be a buzz killer or anything, but Hoops Hype doesn't have anything on it, and they are usually the first to break a story. But they also don't usually have a deal showing unless it's pretty close to being complete, all I want to know now is if the deal is in the works or not, that will be good enough for me

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is good news. I want to hear from the posters that think this is bad news due to Artest's attitude and all. It's funny, now that Boston has made some major moves the need for Artest is greater but the best part of all of this is if this is true, we keep Lee and Baulkman and still get Artest. Listen people, if Zek pulls this off I don't want to read any more talk of Thomas must go. Bringing NY Zach and Ron in the same year along side Curry, Richardson and Crawford is a major move. Major!

someone find The Advocate the proof that this is going down, I;m about to get fired from my job because I'm searching every damn website. Look I even about to call my family in NY who knows people who knows his brother to see if the thing about him moving to NY is true

No NO No NO No NO NO NO NO NO NO ! I'm hearing Q is apart of the potential package. That is not good, I wanted to see Q at the 2 and Rond at the 3. I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but I'd give up Lee before Q. This move doesn't make us that strong a force without Q

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I Love This! thats all I am going to say. Where is some more info about this trade I am not seeing anything on ESPN or on the internet? This news must be very fresh cause I am not seeing it anywhere. Prosports or Hoops Hype.

Last edited:

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Getting Ronny without giving up Lee or Balk... and ridding ourselves of Jeffries or James? sounds good to me... If we have to sacrifice Q, so be it...

Andominus

Rookie
I love Q as much as the next guy, but if we get Ron we really won't need him anymore. Q's strengths are his perimeter shooting and defense (also his inside scoring when he exploited smaller, weaker players in the post - but he did this more with the Clips). I say if Q is part of the package we HAVE to sign my boy Demetris Nichols. He'll provide the perimter shooting (at a much better percentage than Q), and Ron is obviously known for his overall defense. I think we should sign Nichols no matter whether this trade goes thru or not, but with us givin so many players to get Ron, signing Nichols will be an almost certainty. Anyway Advocate, I think replacing what David Lee brings to the Knicks will be much more difficult than replacing what Q brings. Imagine Lee, Artest, and Balkman on the floor at the same time...we would get every offensive board.

portega1968

El Cacique
no way in hell I'd give up Q instead of Lee... Lee is a keeper big time and Q will be a DNP-Back within the first week of the season (heck, maybe in training camp).

nevertheless, I dont see why the Kings would do this deal since theyre not getting anything good in return besides the expiring contracts.

On the other hand, having Ron covering for the lack of defense of Curry and Randolph would be huge... with Lee and Balkman off the bench up front, that would be a dominating front line rotation folks!!!

Now if only we had some defense in the backcourt, 'cause its the opposing guards who've killed us in the past.

I love Q as much as the next guy, but if we get Ron we really won't need him anymore. Q's strengths are his perimeter shooting and defense (also his inside scoring when he exploited smaller, weaker players in the post - but he did this more with the Clips). I say if Q is part of the package we HAVE to sign my boy Demetris Nichols. He'll provide the perimter shooting (at a much better percentage than Q), and Ron is obviously known for his overall defense. I think we should sign Nichols no matter whether this trade goes thru or not, but with us givin so many players to get Ron, signing Nichols will be an almost certainty. Anyway Advocate, I think replacing what David Lee brings to the Knicks will be much more difficult than replacing what Q brings. Imagine Lee, Artest, and Balkman on the floor at the same time...we would get every offensive board.

no way in hell I'd give up Q instead of Lee... Lee is a keeper big time and Q will be a DNP-Back within the first week of the season (heck, maybe in training camp).

nevertheless, I dont see why the Kings would do this deal since theyre not getting anything good in return besides the expiring contracts.

On the other hand, having Ron covering for the lack of defense of Curry and Randolph would be huge... with Lee and Balkman off the bench up front, that would be a dominating front line rotation folks!!!

Now if only we had some defense in the backcourt, 'cause its the opposing guards who've killed us in the past.

David Lee is my man! I love what he brings, and yall are right he and Renaldo are tow of the best off the bench in the whole league, but look at our starting line up we have two players in Zach and Curry that are'nt proven defenders to say the least. We need solid perimeter D to help prevent us from being exploited in the post often. So with that said. Steph ( Mardy is a better fit but won't start for obvious reasons), Q, and Ron would do a solid job on the perimeter. Plus Q doesn't need to score, he can get you 7 pts or 27 and it doesn't matter to him, making him a very valubale starter, as opposed to just a solid bench player.

posted earlier....

And been saying all summer that we'd get Ron. Sac will want a proven player and a young player. Nate is a no brainer for youth behnind or maybe replacing Bibby depending on if they trade him. Q or Jeffries will provide them with size ( Jeff ) Skill ( q ). Thedy could move Martin to 3 and start Q at the two. Or have Jefferies play at the 4 whether starting or filling for the old folk they have playing there. Jeff had a bad season, but he has worth. Hisd length and speed could be an asset to the right team ( still think we could use him ) . But for Ron, you gotta do it. We'd have the best starting 5 in basketball;. And we'd go to the finals for sure if everyone meshed and plays to their ability in the system ( which I have little doubt they would ).

Remember too Ron's already been in Zeke's system with similar players ( Miller and Oneal ) So he would fit in with Curry and Zach for sure. What a team...

2 hours fity one minutes later and one write up from my boss for spending too much time on the Net today and I still can't find a single site that is willing to validate this trade talk ( however Pargo was resighned by the Hornets), point being let's not proclaim the best starting lineup until it is official. Years ago the Heat thought they had Juwan Howard in the bag, Alonzo even had a Press Conference to welcome his new teamate, and that fell apart in the final hour. So we should get too excited about a rumor about talks of a trade. But seriously with only two nationally televised games, we need this trade for several reasons! I imagine ABC, ESPN, and TNT will pickup atleast two more games each if we land RON

GetRealistic

Starter
Cory (North Dakota): Rick, The internet is buzzing with a rumor that claims you said Artest going to New York. Any truth to the rumor?

Ric Bucher: (3:11 PM ET ) Good to know the Homeboy radio program by Roger B. Brown in Dallas gets that much attention. I spoke with Roger yesterday and said that I'd heard a rumor that a Artest deal was in the making, but the terms I'd heard didn't work under the cap. That said, Artest would love to be in New York, Sacramento would love to move him and the Knicks would love to have him. When you have three parties who want something, I have to believe -- much like the Minny/Boston/KG situation --it's going to get done.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Here's the question in the EPSN chat:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=16742

Cory (North Dakota): Rick, The internet is buzzing with a rumor that claims you said Artest going to New York. Any truth to the rumor?

Ric Bucher: (3:11 PM ET ) Good to know the Homeboy radio program by Roger B. Brown in Dallas gets that much attention. I spoke with Roger yesterday and said that I'd heard a rumor that a Artest deal was in the making, but the terms I'd heard didn't work under the cap. That said, Artest would love to be in New York, Sacramento would love to move him and the Knicks would love to have him. When you have three parties who want something, I have to believe -- much like the Minny/Boston/KG situation --it's going to get done.