Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45

Thread: Is Zack Randolph the answer?

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Allen
    Too bad we can't have a no confidence vote on IT as President of basketball operations and Head Coach. I have absolutely no confidence in IT's abilities to make the frontcourt tandem of Curry and Randolf work. He didn't exactly make the backcourt tandem of Marbury and Francis work.
    How much of that was clearly on Steve Francis? He had nothing in the tank, until Crawford went down with injury. then he tried and turned it on again. Don't blame Isiah for the fact he brought Francis in, relish in the fact he traded him out for Z-Bo a player with obvious NBA talent. It gets really boring hearing the same old complaints about IT. Apparently running the Knicks has become the easiest job in the world.

  2. #17
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Make it rain...good post

  3. #18
    Member Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    How much of that was clearly on Steve Francis? He had nothing in the tank, until Crawford went down with injury. then he tried and turned it on again. Don't blame Isiah for the fact he brought Francis in, relish in the fact he traded him out for Z-Bo a player with obvious NBA talent. It gets really boring hearing the same old complaints about IT. Apparently running the Knicks has become the easiest job in the world.
    No running the knicks is not the easiest job. I blame IT for bringin Francis in because he should have said no to LB. Regardless its done and we now have Randolph for his trouble. Randolph has an ego and Curry is lazy, I just don't have the confidence in IT to make this work. They can talk all they want during the offseason about improving themselves etc. but I won't believe it until I see some tanegable results.

    I keep hearing about we got more talent, more talent and more talent. To quote one of Kevin Durant's favorite sayings "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

  4. #19
    Member highesthigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Allen
    No running the knicks is not the easiest job. I blame IT for bringin Francis in because he should have said no to LB. Regardless its done and we now have Randolph for his trouble. Randolph has an ego and Curry is lazy, I just don't have the confidence in IT to make this work. They can talk all they want during the offseason about improving themselves etc. but I won't believe it until I see some tanegable results.

    I keep hearing about we got more talent, more talent and more talent. To quote one of Kevin Durant's favorite sayings "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"
    saying no to hall-of-famer-coach larry brown, who's the only coach to win nba and ncaa crowns, who you just signed for 30+ mil, is easier said than done... anyway, that whole francis idea was well-intended and everything but... sayonara... curry and randolph, let's see... you'll see it soon enough.

  5. #20
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    i have a question...if zeke traded ariza, penny and frye for zach randolph, dickau and fred jones....would you guys call that a good trade or a bad trade? because essentially that is what happened....we got francis for penny and ariza, and we got zach, dickau, jones or frye and francis.....i dont see how you guys can badmouth isiah for these players who we gave up chicken **** for...

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,308
    Rep Power
    20

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Toons
    i have a question...if zeke traded ariza, penny and frye for zach randolph, dickau and fred jones....would you guys call that a good trade or a bad trade? because essentially that is what happened....we got francis for penny and ariza, and we got zach, dickau, jones or frye and francis.....i dont see how you guys can badmouth isiah for these players who we gave up chicken **** for...
    No one has a clue on how Zack Randolph will workout with this Knick Roster.
    What we all know for sure about Zack Randolph is that as soon as you pass him the ball he will force up a shot rather than pass the ball backout 9 out of every 10 times just like Eddy Curry. Meanning the Knicks added another "One on One" offensive player on the team like Curry, Crawford, and Marbury. So the Knicks will get doubled and trippled team as soon as one of these players receive the ball because they are not used to passing the ball or cutting to the basket without the ball, they are considered "Stand-Still-Players" waiting for the pass.

    Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza meshing alongside each other off the bench is a great pair to have as a weapon on bothsides of the court as long as Curry is not on the court with them. Curry Low-Post game never fit well alongside Channing Frye with Coach Larry Brown that is why he played C-Jackie Butler & David Lee alongside of Channing Frye during their Rookie season to get a well performance from the Knicks frontcourt.
    Coach Isiah Thomas forced all of Channing Frye Playingtime in the 2006-7 season alongside of Eddy Curry which never worked out from the first game of the season to the last game of the season.

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,308
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    The truth be said, The Knicks had a great 2nd Unit of Raw talented athletic Rookies in C-Jackie Butler, PF-Frye, SF-Lee, SF/SG-Ariza, and PG-Nate that could've been molded within the last two seasons because they all LUV playing together as a unit. The above 5-players were all CHEAP Players getting close to the NBA Minimum Salary.

    The Knicks high Salary Players Marbury, Crawford, Penny, Q.Richardson, Malik Rose, Davis, James, and Curry could not make up a decent STARTING-5-Unit to save their lives or a 8-Man rotation to play at a 500% level (with Hall of Fame Coach Larry Brown).

  8. #23
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,696
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    No one has a clue on how Zack Randolph will workout with this Knick Roster.
    What we all know for sure about Zack Randolph is that as soon as you pass him the ball he will force up a shot rather than pass the ball backout 9 out of every 10 times just like Eddy Curry. Meanning the Knicks added another "One on One" offensive player on the team like Curry, Crawford, and Marbury. So the Knicks will get doubled and trippled team as soon as one of these players receive the ball because they are not used to passing the ball or cutting to the basket without the ball, they are considered "Stand-Still-Players" waiting for the pass.

    Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza meshing alongside each other off the bench is a great pair to have as a weapon on bothsides of the court as long as Curry is not on the court with them. Curry Low-Post game never fit well alongside Channing Frye with Coach Larry Brown that is why he played C-Jackie Butler & David Lee alongside of Channing Frye during their Rookie season to get a well performance from the Knicks frontcourt.
    Coach Isiah Thomas forced all of Channing Frye Playingtime in the 2006-7 season alongside of Eddy Curry which never worked out from the first game of the season to the last game of the season.
    You make a good point. I liked Ariza and his hustle and like most of us I was perplexed when I saw the trade go down. I thought Francis would do more but I always believed he was trade bait. Regarding the point on Randolph, once again Thomas as brought in an offensive minded player. But, Randolph is much more than that. His large body and rebounding alone is a great asset to the team. No question Thomas has work to do. He's got to make these guys work together as a team at all times and make Randolph know that there are 4 other guy on the floor with him. The key here that no one seems to mention is that Randolph had very little help in Portland. He was to Portland what Kobe is to the lakers. Zach didn't have the supporting cast that he has in NY. So the expectations of him should be different.

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    The whole argument for David Lee starting was his rebounding ability. Now we've got a better rebounder and offensive player than Lee and some how it's a bad thing? Randolph is not known for defense but that does not make him a defensive liability. The fact that Zach's a better scorer and rebounder makes him better at that position. Theoretically we've gone from one of the best rebounding teams in the league to the best rebounding team in the league. How can Randolph help Curry on defense? That's a loaded question. How can a team mate help you defend your man? Double team.
    Well said. Having Zach isn't a bad thing at all. You're right. Its accually a huge upgrade over Channing Frye and Francis(we subtracted two negatives and got a 20 and 10 player). But it isn't going to answer our main problems. (Defense and turnovers). Understand?


    How are we the best rebounding team if the season didn't even start? We have a good chance of being the best, but let the season start.

    Randolph isn't a help defender or a one on one defender, he's bad as a defender Curry is.

    The answer to your the question you failed to answer is...

    Randolph will never help Curry with his defensive woes.

    So we have to hope Curry becomes a better defender or our perimeter defense is so good, we don't have to worry about Curry defender(Get Artest.)


    Originally Posted by jzero29
    Good rebounding leads to less second chances for oppossing teams. Zack and Q are both good rebounders, big solid bodies, box guys out. Playing along side curry, they take up alot of space, Could be like mason and oak alongside ewing, if they had the defensive hustle and mindset, which they don't, but you can hope that isiah instills this hunger for good D. I hate to say it, but bringing in someone like artest, with his defensive efforts could rub off on zach and curry.(q plays good d) I.T. would get my praise as a coach if he could get those guys to hustle on D. They have size and speed to be a good defense, they just need the will power and hustle. They need to want to play great D every time, they have to want to contest everyshot, box for every rebound, take the charge on every drive, make guys pay for comming into the paint. Will they? I doubt it, but it would make them a much better team. I think the Offense is set, minus jamaal crawford.(sorry, I'll hate him, untill he actually improves) The Defense really needs work. I remember the guards would funnel, players right to Ewing, oak and mason and they'd send them packing, bruised,blocked,battered and/or bleeding. No one fears eddy curry, randolph and Q, the guards know they don't block shots, they drive right in, look at isiahs pistons(oldschool) they were the bad boys, guards didn't want to drive in on them, and then Detroit again with ben wallace was the same. Ben and rasheed... no one wanted to go in on them. SO guards settle for jump shots, and with good defenders they took tough outside shots, and they missed.

    We were ranked 20th in the NBA at team defense. The turnovers and soft defense in the paint played a huge factor. Randolph is known for a guy who can give your team turnovers and not be a defensive factor in the paint. Which is why I stand by my point of Randolph not helping us defensively, just giving us another scoring option.

    You're actually right, rebounding help. Imagine having poor rebounders on this roster. We would of been ranked LAST in the NBA in defense. So I totally understand your point of rebounding helps. Balkman or Lee are superior rebounders compared to Zach, so its not like Zach is filling any gaps. All I see is Zach taking minutes from Lee and Balkman, the two most important Knicks on this roster. People will realize that this season, and should of realized that our recent season.

    Great overall post though, glad we came to agree on mostly everything.



    Forget the if's brother. It is what it is, just accept it. We just have to wait and see.

  10. #25
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Larry Brown played Jackie Butler cuz LB was friends with Jackie's agent... he tried to get his numbers inflated at the expense of NY... notice how many teams were knocking down his door after that season? He was last seen collecting a check on SA's bench... At least Dyess and Mohammed got significant PT...

    I'm with DonChris on this one... Zach's emergence was the reason Sheed got traded... He never had help and now should be playing a lot better with his Knick teammates next season... 23 and 10 doesn't happen by accident...

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    No one has a clue on how Zack Randolph will workout with this Knick Roster.
    What we all know for sure about Zack Randolph is that as soon as you pass him the ball he will force up a shot rather than pass the ball backout 9 out of every 10 times just like Eddy Curry. Meanning the Knicks added another "One on One" offensive player on the team like Curry, Crawford, and Marbury. So the Knicks will get doubled and trippled team as soon as one of these players receive the ball because they are not used to passing the ball or cutting to the basket without the ball, they are considered "Stand-Still-Players" waiting for the pass.

    Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza meshing alongside each other off the bench is a great pair to have as a weapon on bothsides of the court as long as Curry is not on the court with them. Curry Low-Post game never fit well alongside Channing Frye with Coach Larry Brown that is why he played C-Jackie Butler & David Lee alongside of Channing Frye during their Rookie season to get a well performance from the Knicks frontcourt.
    Coach Isiah Thomas forced all of Channing Frye Playingtime in the 2006-7 season alongside of Eddy Curry which never worked out from the first game of the season to the last game of the season.
    Why would you say force up a shot instead of saying taking a shot within the offense? He will get his shots, there will be no need to force anything.

    Zeke's offense gets the bigs the ball. Did it in Indy with Oneal and Miller, did it last year with Curry, Frye and Lee (contrary to what you are saying) Frye Got his shots. He was just so scared, he failed to put it in. Plus his lack of overall game. Other than a Jumpshot he is a crap shoot. Not even a headfake and dribble game. Post game non existant. Zach and Curry will share the load and share it well.

    Everyone Zeke has Drafted since Ariza is better than him. What are you talking about?

  12. #27
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    No one has a clue on how Zack Randolph will workout with this Knick Roster.
    What we all know for sure about Zack Randolph is that as soon as you pass him the ball he will force up a shot rather than pass the ball backout 9 out of every 10 times just like Eddy Curry. Meanning the Knicks added another "One on One" offensive player on the team like Curry, Crawford, and Marbury. So the Knicks will get doubled and trippled team as soon as one of these players receive the ball because they are not used to passing the ball or cutting to the basket without the ball, they are considered "Stand-Still-Players" waiting for the pass.

    Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza meshing alongside each other off the bench is a great pair to have as a weapon on bothsides of the court as long as Curry is not on the court with them. Curry Low-Post game never fit well alongside Channing Frye with Coach Larry Brown that is why he played C-Jackie Butler & David Lee alongside of Channing Frye during their Rookie season to get a well performance from the Knicks frontcourt.
    Coach Isiah Thomas forced all of Channing Frye Playingtime in the 2006-7 season alongside of Eddy Curry which never worked out from the first game of the season to the last game of the season.
    Ok, Mr. All Knowing Kiyaman.....if nobody knows how zach randolph will work out with this knicks roster, then how did u get that inside information that he will "jack up" every shot he gets? and if you did not watch zach play, youtube him, for a big man, he moves well without the ball, he rebounds...something that YOU were baggin on rashard lewis for and saying how desperately the knicks need a rebounder....when did crawford and marbury become stand still players? u make me wonder if u even watched knick games or if u are a real nba.com fan who only watches game son cable. A next question, how did jackie butler improve channing fry's rookie season if he only averaged .2 assists per game, playing 12 minutes per game? an frye played 24.....ur assumptions are not adding up buddy....and another question, how did curry impact frys 07 season? Frys minutes went up, his fg%, ft% blocks, rebounds, 3 pts, steals, EVERYTHING went down when he was given a time to shine. So u thought that coaches would not figure out to guard his little open 17 footer from the elbow, what does he have other than that? NOTHING!! An u say isiah forced him to play with curry in 06-07? jackie butler was on the spurs, and im sure u didnt want to see him play alongside jerome james....frye and ariza were not and are not a part of our young talented rookies....balkman is better than ariza, lee is better than frye...and we have randolph....think before you post...

  13. #28
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Balkman or Lee are superior rebounders compared to Zach, so its not like Zach is filling any gaps. All I see is Zach taking minutes from Lee and Balkman, the two most important Knicks on this roster. People will realize that this season, and should of realized that our recent season.

    Great overall post though, glad we came to agree on mostly everything.



    Forget the if's brother. It is what it is, just accept it. We just have to wait and see.
    superior rebounds compared to randolph?? balkman and lee? come on now, ur giving these guys too much credit. balkman has not had 2 comsecutive games where he had 10 or more rebounds yet....pluss he's a small foward, zach has nothing to do with balkmans minutes...now lee on the other hand will be great energy off the bench, just as he was last year....randolph will not play 48 minutes per game.he and curry will be shifting between positions, lee will get his minutes guys...relax.....(and the 2 most importand knicks are marbury and curry)

  14. #29
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Zach fills our gap at power foward!

  15. #30
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,696
    Rep Power
    12

    Nyk Logo

    I can't take anything away from Lee and Balkman but they are not the most valuable players. They aren't franchise players but the are valuable. They do the grunt work and that's what the Knicks need right now. What I don't get is posters that think the Francis trade was bad but think getting Randolph was a bad move as well. You can't have it both ways. Was getting Francis a good thing or not? If it was a bad move then shipping him off was a good move right? This isn't targeted to any one poster. I just want to point out the illogical bickering that is taking place here.

    Metro is correct. Turn overs was an issue last year and will need to be addressed.

Similar Threads

  1. Making Knicks a .500 Team
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Aug 13, 2007, 20:36
  2. Randolph, Jones & Dickau now Knicks!
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2007, 17:45
  3. Why does evryone think Randolph Dosent Fit??
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2007, 20:38
  4. ZBo - Welcome To NY
    By FameMos in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2007, 22:57
  5. Zach Randolph A Knick
    By dr.carpy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 29, 2007, 08:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •