Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Is Zack Randolph the answer?

  1. #31
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Why is this even a debate.. Is Zack Randolph the answer to the knicks problems... NO he is not. Actually HELL NO!!! People please stop looking at the fact that he scored 20 and grabbed 10 rebounds per. Knicks were the 5th ranked rebounding team in the league last year and though we only averaged 97 points a game, that was still more than Cavs and a couple of other playoff teams, and just a point less than other playoff teams (Bulls, Spurs, Nets) so basically the two areas that Randolph is good at, the knicks didn't need that great of help in. The knicks were crap in defense, especially perimeter defensive. They were crap in blocking shots or even intimidating people from coming in the lane, they needed a consistant perimeter shooter to keep defenses from collapsing down on Curry, and of course turnovers. Zack Randolph does not assist the Knicks in any of these categories. He is a good player, please don't mis understand me.. but he is not the player the knicks need. In actuality, at this point in his career I would even say he is a better player than Curry, though I do believe Curry's game will improve and Zack's game will remain the same so Curry will surpass Zack, but the two are basically the same player. Two bulking big men who dominate inside.Yes I did see how Zack takes jump shots here and there but if we have Zack taking jump shots while he and Curry are on the floor, then those offensive rebounds that he is known for will suddenly go by the waisteline...
    Us Knicks fans use to appreciate defense. We use to know how important a defensive team is in order to be successful in the league. We use to watch the knicks go into the 4th quater of playoffs games trailing, and have the game endwith the knicks on top because our defense held the team to 10 points in the fourth quarter. That is our lineage, that is what the knicks of today should be striving to achieve. I'm good with the amount of points we score, shoot Memphis averaged 101 points last year and look where that got them. Alot of people are arguing the fact that Zack is a good player, and better player than what we gave up and what not, all of those points are true for the most part. But the Question that was asked was "Is Zack Randolph the answer?" the answer to that question should be clearly no he is not.
    Yes it was a coup for the knicks to get him for Francis and Frye, but now that we have him, lets ship him out for someone that will benefit the Knicks better. *&#% the Zack Randolph Trade

  2. #32
    Newbie LakeGeorgeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Zach is not the answer, but he is a better all-around player then Frye and we shed Francis who is done.

    That's all the trade is about. Frye will never be a 20-10 man in this league.

    If Q is healthy and playing the 2, our perimeter D gets better. Stephon really stepped up his perimeter D when he was healthy in the middle of last season.
    Balkman can play D, and JJ SHOULD be able to. Collins can play some D at back-up point.

    That leaves Crawford/Curry/Randolph. If there is one thing that would change this team defensively, is if Eddy Curry got in good shape and made an effort on the defensive end.

    I'm not asking for Alonzo Mourning, but perhaps at least Jermaine O'Neal.

    The other big problem is turnovers, and here too, Curry needs to work on his low post IQ, to reduce the number of turnovers.

  3. #33
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Why is this even a debate.. Is Zack Randolph the answer to the knicks problems... NO he is not. Actually HELL NO!!! People please stop looking at the fact that he scored 20 and grabbed 10 rebounds per. Knicks were the 5th ranked rebounding team in the league last year and though we only averaged 97 points a game, that was still more than Cavs and a couple of other playoff teams, and just a point less than other playoff teams (Bulls, Spurs, Nets) so basically the two areas that Randolph is good at, the knicks didn't need that great of help in. The knicks were crap in defense, especially perimeter defensive. They were crap in blocking shots or even intimidating people from coming in the lane, they needed a consistant perimeter shooter to keep defenses from collapsing down on Curry, and of course turnovers. Zack Randolph does not assist the Knicks in any of these categories. He is a good player, please don't mis understand me.. but he is not the player the knicks need. In actuality, at this point in his career I would even say he is a better player than Curry, though I do believe Curry's game will improve and Zack's game will remain the same so Curry will surpass Zack, but the two are basically the same player. Two bulking big men who dominate inside.Yes I did see how Zack takes jump shots here and there but if we have Zack taking jump shots while he and Curry are on the floor, then those offensive rebounds that he is known for will suddenly go by the waisteline...
    Us Knicks fans use to appreciate defense. We use to know how important a defensive team is in order to be successful in the league. We use to watch the knicks go into the 4th quater of playoffs games trailing, and have the game endwith the knicks on top because our defense held the team to 10 points in the fourth quarter. That is our lineage, that is what the knicks of today should be striving to achieve. I'm good with the amount of points we score, shoot Memphis averaged 101 points last year and look where that got them. Alot of people are arguing the fact that Zack is a good player, and better player than what we gave up and what not, all of those points are true for the most part. But the Question that was asked was "Is Zack Randolph the answer?" the answer to that question should be clearly no he is not.
    Yes it was a coup for the knicks to get him for Francis and Frye, but now that we have him, lets ship him out for someone that will benefit the Knicks better. *&#% the Zack Randolph Trade
    There is all of this talk about how great the Knicks were and how strong of a defensive presence they had, bla bla bla........ Here's what people don't get. Teams need BALANCE... All that defense and Ewing still went home with out a ring. If you want the prise you need guys that play hard nose defense and guys that can make tough shots. You need a Kobe and an Artest. This is why I like Curry. He's not the best and needs work but he's got over 65% of his game down. Now he's just got to work on the other 35%.

  4. #34
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Why is this even a debate.. Is Zack Randolph the answer to the knicks problems... NO he is not. Actually HELL NO!!! People please stop looking at the fact that he scored 20 and grabbed 10 rebounds per. Knicks were the 5th ranked rebounding team in the league last year and though we only averaged 97 points a game, that was still more than Cavs and a couple of other playoff teams, and just a point less than other playoff teams (Bulls, Spurs, Nets) so basically the two areas that Randolph is good at, the knicks didn't need that great of help in. The knicks were crap in defense, especially perimeter defensive. They were crap in blocking shots or even intimidating people from coming in the lane, they needed a consistant perimeter shooter to keep defenses from collapsing down on Curry, and of course turnovers. Zack Randolph does not assist the Knicks in any of these categories. He is a good player, please don't mis understand me.. but he is not the player the knicks need. In actuality, at this point in his career I would even say he is a better player than Curry, though I do believe Curry's game will improve and Zack's game will remain the same so Curry will surpass Zack, but the two are basically the same player. Two bulking big men who dominate inside.Yes I did see how Zack takes jump shots here and there but if we have Zack taking jump shots while he and Curry are on the floor, then those offensive rebounds that he is known for will suddenly go by the waisteline...
    Us Knicks fans use to appreciate defense. We use to know how important a defensive team is in order to be successful in the league. We use to watch the knicks go into the 4th quater of playoffs games trailing, and have the game endwith the knicks on top because our defense held the team to 10 points in the fourth quarter. That is our lineage, that is what the knicks of today should be striving to achieve. I'm good with the amount of points we score, shoot Memphis averaged 101 points last year and look where that got them. Alot of people are arguing the fact that Zack is a good player, and better player than what we gave up and what not, all of those points are true for the most part. But the Question that was asked was "Is Zack Randolph the answer?" the answer to that question should be clearly no he is not.
    Yes it was a coup for the knicks to get him for Francis and Frye, but now that we have him, lets ship him out for someone that will benefit the Knicks better. *&#% the Zack Randolph Trade
    Amen. Everyone here thinks the Knicks will challenge to be Atlantic Conference champions and will go far in the playoffs because we have Zach now. That is ridiculous. Just because Zach has better numbers than Frye doesn't mean he is going to improve the Knicks. Heck, Frye has a better jumpshot than Zach and Z is going to have to take a lot of jumpshots if Eddy is still the focal point offensively. Unless both are kept in the low post, and if that happens the double teams on Eddy and Zach will be coming all the time and the Knicks will lead the league in turnovers, again!

    If anybody watched last season, the games that the Knicks won, particularly against the good teams (i.e. Detroit, Cleveland, etc.) were the games that they kept the turnovers low and hustled on defense. Zach does not address any of those issues. The Knicks still need a perimeter defender who isn't a total liability on offense and a shot-blocker/intimidator.

    How are the Knicks going to be a playoff team next year? I see a lot of people saying that we were in the playoff hunt last year until injuries killed us, which is bulls**t. We were still a below .500 team fighting for the last spot in the most pathetic division in NBA history. The teams that we will be fighting against for a playoff spot got a lot better this offseason. The Knicks only got a 20 and 10 guy who doesn't really make the Knicks a better TEAM.

  5. #35
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    What are the holes for this team and what are the team problems walking into the offseason...

    1. Need of a perimeter shooter/defender
    2. Limit TOs
    3. Find Curry a better complement
    4. Improve team chemistry
    5. Improve ball movement

    Now this is before adding Z-Bo. After adding Z-Bo and running through this list this is what he addresses. He will somewhat limit TOs because he is not the focal point of an offense anymore so the defensive pressure will not be as heavy and the pressure to score won't be as heavy because he has better complementary players with him.

    Z-Bo is a better complementary player than Frye since Z-Bo rebounds the ball better and can also hit that outside jumper. Z-Bo can also drive to the basket and work with some moves off the dribble (something Frye could not do).

    The addition of Z-Bo shakes of team chemistry a little bit but not that much since he's an upgrade on offense. But on defense he could be a liablity. Hopefully he'll improve on that aspect of his game since that's what everyone seems to tag on him.

    If Isiah preaches the low post offense heavily then ball movement shouldn't be a problem. Z-Bo and Curry know they're going to get close to equal touches so "forcing" or "chucking" up shots shouldn't be a problem from them thus TO's should also shrink.

    Most are looking at the obvious and ONLY at the numbers on his stat sheet instead of looking on how he is going play along Curry in this low post focused offense.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,920
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Why is this even a debate.. Is Zack Randolph the answer to the knicks problems... NO he is not. Actually HELL NO!!! People please stop looking at the fact that he scored 20 and grabbed 10 rebounds per. Knicks were the 5th ranked rebounding team in the league last year and though we only averaged 97 points a game, that was still more than Cavs and a couple of other playoff teams, and just a point less than other playoff teams (Bulls, Spurs, Nets) so basically the two areas that Randolph is good at, the knicks didn't need that great of help in. The knicks were crap in defense, especially perimeter defensive. They were crap in blocking shots or even intimidating people from coming in the lane, they needed a consistant perimeter shooter to keep defenses from collapsing down on Curry, and of course turnovers. Zack Randolph does not assist the Knicks in any of these categories. He is a good player, please don't mis understand me.. but he is not the player the knicks need. In actuality, at this point in his career I would even say he is a better player than Curry, though I do believe Curry's game will improve and Zack's game will remain the same so Curry will surpass Zack, but the two are basically the same player. Two bulking big men who dominate inside.Yes I did see how Zack takes jump shots here and there but if we have Zack taking jump shots while he and Curry are on the floor, then those offensive rebounds that he is known for will suddenly go by the waisteline...
    Us Knicks fans use to appreciate defense. We use to know how important a defensive team is in order to be successful in the league. We use to watch the knicks go into the 4th quater of playoffs games trailing, and have the game endwith the knicks on top because our defense held the team to 10 points in the fourth quarter. That is our lineage, that is what the knicks of today should be striving to achieve. I'm good with the amount of points we score, shoot Memphis averaged 101 points last year and look where that got them. Alot of people are arguing the fact that Zack is a good player, and better player than what we gave up and what not, all of those points are true for the most part. But the Question that was asked was "Is Zack Randolph the answer?" the answer to that question should be clearly no he is not.
    Yes it was a coup for the knicks to get him for Francis and Frye, but now that we have him, lets ship him out for someone that will benefit the Knicks better. *&#% the Zack Randolph Trade
    I have to agree Bigtime. You have alot of Knick-Fans all over acting as if the Zack Randolph trade was the Knicks getting 6 season All Star Jermaine O'Neal whom Defensive performance is better than his 20-10 stats. Plus you could pass the ball to a moving J.O'Neal, however Zack & Curry are the same because they have to postup downlow and get good position before you throw them the ball or it will lead to a turnover (they both are not good passing Bigmen which I know will be Assistant Coach Mark Aquire biggest task this season with Zack & Curry).

  7. #37
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Check this out...

    <youtube> <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9V8T6PzwhS8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9V8T6PzwhS8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> </youtube>

    Some of ya'll might have already seen this...seems like he's ready. In shape, plans to be a team player...I think we have something here.

    J O'Neal is a weak PF. That's why the kid can never stay healthy

  8. #38
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Check this out...

    <youtube> <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9V8T6PzwhS8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9V8T6PzwhS8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> </youtube>

    Some of ya'll might have already seen this...seems like he's ready. In shape, plans to be a team player...I think we have something here.

    J O'Neal is a weak PF. That's why the kid can never stay healthy
    Define your definition of weak?

    The fact that ever since he became a starter he's averaged about 20 points 2 blocks 10 rebounds and is known as one of the better defenive big men in the game, is that your definition of weak? if your definition is injuries he's missed some games because of that, but so has Randolph. over the past 3 seasons he's only played in 20 or so less games than Randolph. If you are talking about production, you can not honestly think that Randolph is better than O'Neil, and you can not honestly think that Randolph is a better fit for the Knicks than O'Neil would have been.

  9. #39
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Why is this even a debate.. Is Zack Randolph the answer to the knicks problems... NO he is not. Actually HELL NO!!! People please stop looking at the fact that he scored 20 and grabbed 10 rebounds per. Knicks were the 5th ranked rebounding team in the league last year and though we only averaged 97 points a game, that was still more than Cavs and a couple of other playoff teams, and just a point less than other playoff teams (Bulls, Spurs, Nets) so basically the two areas that Randolph is good at, the knicks didn't need that great of help in. The knicks were crap in defense, especially perimeter defensive. They were crap in blocking shots or even intimidating people from coming in the lane, they needed a consistant perimeter shooter to keep defenses from collapsing down on Curry, and of course turnovers. Zack Randolph does not assist the Knicks in any of these categories. He is a good player, please don't mis understand me.. but he is not the player the knicks need. In actuality, at this point in his career I would even say he is a better player than Curry, though I do believe Curry's game will improve and Zack's game will remain the same so Curry will surpass Zack, but the two are basically the same player. Two bulking big men who dominate inside.Yes I did see how Zack takes jump shots here and there but if we have Zack taking jump shots while he and Curry are on the floor, then those offensive rebounds that he is known for will suddenly go by the waisteline...
    Us Knicks fans use to appreciate defense. We use to know how important a defensive team is in order to be successful in the league. We use to watch the knicks go into the 4th quater of playoffs games trailing, and have the game endwith the knicks on top because our defense held the team to 10 points in the fourth quarter. That is our lineage, that is what the knicks of today should be striving to achieve. I'm good with the amount of points we score, shoot Memphis averaged 101 points last year and look where that got them. Alot of people are arguing the fact that Zack is a good player, and better player than what we gave up and what not, all of those points are true for the most part. But the Question that was asked was "Is Zack Randolph the answer?" the answer to that question should be clearly no he is not.
    Yes it was a coup for the knicks to get him for Francis and Frye, but now that we have him, lets ship him out for someone that will benefit the Knicks better. *&#% the Zack Randolph Trade
    You've seen the light.

    Don't say **** the Randolph trade, it helped us. Zach Randolph isn't the answer though, to any of our biggest weaknesses.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Amen. Everyone here thinks the Knicks will challenge to be Atlantic Conference champions and will go far in the playoffs because we have Zach now. That is ridiculous. Just because Zach has better numbers than Frye doesn't mean he is going to improve the Knicks. Heck, Frye has a better jumpshot than Zach and Z is going to have to take a lot of jumpshots if Eddy is still the focal point offensively. Unless both are kept in the low post, and if that happens the double teams on Eddy and Zach will be coming all the time and the Knicks will lead the league in turnovers, again!

    If anybody watched last season, the games that the Knicks won, particularly against the good teams (i.e. Detroit, Cleveland, etc.) were the games that they kept the turnovers low and hustled on defense. Zach does not address any of those issues. The Knicks still need a perimeter defender who isn't a total liability on offense and a shot-blocker/intimidator.

    How are the Knicks going to be a playoff team next year? I see a lot of people saying that we were in the playoff hunt last year until injuries killed us, which is bulls**t. We were still a below .500 team fighting for the last spot in the most pathetic division in NBA history. The teams that we will be fighting against for a playoff spot got a lot better this offseason. The Knicks only got a 20 and 10 guy who doesn't really make the Knicks a better TEAM.


    Amen. We gotta have hope brother, theres too many question marks.

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I have to agree Bigtime. You have alot of Knick-Fans all over acting as if the Zack Randolph trade was the Knicks getting 6 season All Star Jermaine O'Neal whom Defensive performance is better than his 20-10 stats. Plus you could pass the ball to a moving J.O'Neal, however Zack & Curry are the same because they have to postup downlow and get good position before you throw them the ball or it will lead to a turnover (they both are not good passing Bigmen which I know will be Assistant Coach Mark Aquire biggest task this season with Zack & Curry).

    Co-sign with this.

    Originally Posted by Toons
    superior rebounds compared to randolph?? balkman and lee? come on now, ur giving these guys too much credit. balkman has not had 2 comsecutive games where he had 10 or more rebounds yet....pluss he's a small foward, zach has nothing to do with balkmans minutes...now lee on the other hand will be great energy off the bench, just as he was last year....randolph will not play 48 minutes per game.he and curry will be shifting between positions, lee will get his minutes guys...relax.....(and the 2 most importand knicks are marbury and curry)
    Wrong.

    How do you give Balkman and Lee too much credits, did you watch our team last season? These guys brought everything on the court and saved our asses so many times, especially when Crawford and Curry were stinking it up as the main go to guys with their sloppy turnovers and poorest defense.

    Lee and Balkman are superior rebounders compared to Randolph. Randolph is a good rebounder, but Lee and Balkman can change the tempo of the game with their offensive rebounding and hustle plays.

    Who gives a **** about 10 rebounds? Its just a number, Balkman averages 11-12 rebounds per 40 minutes. He rebounds at a high rate, higher than Randolph. Plus he plays defense, passes, handles the ball in the fastbreak, PUSHES the ball. Every weakness Curry and Randolph have, Balkman is excellent at it, which is why Balkman's value is so ****ing high. We trade Balkman we'll be so one dimensional and back to winning 20 games a season.

    Trust me, Randolph/Curry starting won't be bigger factors than Balkman/Lee off the bench.


    Lee/Balkman need to get 30+ minutes. If I was GM, I would package Curry/Randolph for a real elite top 5 big man and center our franchise around him with excellent role players like Collins, Balkman and Lee and an all star PG like Marbury with a deep bench. Thats a championship team to me. Hopefully I'm wrong about two soft big men like Curry and Randolph.

  10. #40
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    you want to know my definition of weak...my definition of weak is being able to average 90% of your blocks by helpside defense and not being able to stop your man one on one. My definition of weak is averaging 20+ pts a game and being defensively overwhelmed by Chuck Hayes lol. Do work chuck do work...love hustle out of chuck. Weak is when the last healthy season he had was 2002-2003...that's weak. He's not the greatest rebounder either. Randolph rebounds and scores better than O'Neal. O'Neal is more athletic, fragile, and is a better defender. Plus O'neal shot 43.7% from the field...he's the Jamal Crawford of PFs lol. I like our chances with Randolph.

  11. #41
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    you want to know my definition of weak...my definition of weak is being able to average 90&#37; of your blocks by helpside defense and not being able to stop your man one on one. My definition of weak is averaging 20+ pts a game and being defensively overwhelmed by Chuck Hayes lol. Do work chuck do work...love hustle out of chuck. Weak is when the last healthy season he had was 2002-2003...that's weak. He's not the greatest rebounder either. Randolph rebounds and scores better than O'Neal. O'Neal is more athletic, fragile, and is a better defender. Plus O'neal shot 43.7% from the field...he's the Jamal Crawford of PFs lol. I like our chances with Randolph.
    UH HUH... So thats your arguement.. You are satisfied with presenting that as your defense to the statement of JO being weak. This is your grand definition of weak... Well my friend, I have no more words for you. You have proven to me to be beyond help.

  12. #42
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I mean...I did prove all the weak points in his game and his style. That's what you wanted right? Well I shouldn't say O'Neal is weak...Zach is just stronger and doesn't get push around and doesn't get as injured as much as O'Neal. O'Neal is the better person to put next to Curry but I'm happy for the upgrade. People in hell want ice water...we can't always get what we want. An upgrade is an upgrade I'm glad for it. So we need to stop complaining about the trade and move past it. We got rid of francis (crowd favorite lol) and frye for randolph. Get over it...what's done is done.

  13. #43
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    UH HUH... So thats your arguement.. You are satisfied with presenting that as your defense to the statement of JO being weak. This is your grand definition of weak... Well my friend, I have no more words for you. You have proven to me to be beyond help.
    Ignore it brother, its a waste of time.

    Theres a reason why O'Neil was getting MVP votes not too long ago. I would glady give Randolph to IND for O'Neil. More defense? More shot blocking? Plus the same ammount of scoring and defense? Hell yeh.

  14. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,920
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    We need to remember that Channing Frye was in his second season and should've been getting seasoned by Assistant Coach Mark Aquire on positioning himself downlow to get a "Double-Double", plus learn how to defend against up comming Bigmen oponents. But Frye was not given that priviledge.
    Eddy Curry got all the Bigmen Assistant Coaches attention last season so that he dont get into early foul trouble in every game, plus he had to learn how to position himself from getting two or three 3-second calls in the paint each game. Dont act like Curry did not have these problems playing with the Bulls and his first season with the Knicks.

    Putting second season Channing Frye in the frontcourt with a LEARNING Eddy Curry while making Frye play the peremeter on offense did not workout well.

    Somehow PF-David Lee "Skillz and hustling Talents" worked very well beside a Learning C-Curry Last season. And PF-Malik Rose worked well with Curry too.
    But Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" Coaching of Curry, Frye, and Jefferies lineup was so Crack-indicted in Coach Isiah brain that he did not see the 33 WIN season comming untill it was way to late in the midseason.

    6.11 Channing Frye should have never been in the lineup with 6.11 Eddy Curry or 6.11 Jefferies last season. WHY? Because ....
    Channing Frye have Jefferies frontcourt defensive moves down pact and Eddy Curry low post offensive moves down pact. He may have not been as experieced as the two in his second season, but he needed the playingtime lastseason to improve his offense/defense talents at their positions.
    There were alot of games last season vs various Knick oponents where Curry should not have played over 26 MPG, where Frye could have replaced him down low with quicker footspeed for position to score, get fouled, or pass the ball backout. Plus Frye started bulking up in the offseason and needed to keep bulking up last regular season in the weight room so he could've started Banging with the BIGMEN in the league downlow on both sides of the court; offense and defense.
    Everyone who plays ball knows what happens to your jumpshot when you lift weights on your upper body on the regular. Your out-side shot is off.

    So this Curry & Zack tandem, has to have Isiah Thomas depending mainly on Zack Randolph Experience to mesh with Curry, so that the Knicks will have two PF (Zack & Lee) that will Jell with Curry in the lineup.
    Which Means Isiah Thomas is going to try and make Eddy Curry into an ALL-STAR in the Eastern Conference at the expense of this Knick Team.
    For Curry to play 30 MPG means he have to stay out of foul trouble, which also means Curry will not be playing any defense. And if Curry dont play no defense than knowing Zack Randolph he too wont play any defense either while on the court with Curry. Just Like Channing Frye...

  15. #45
    Member LOIOSH30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    We need to remember that Channing Frye was in his second season and should've been getting seasoned by Assistant Coach Mark Aquire on positioning himself downlow to get a "Double-Double", plus learn how to defend against up comming Bigmen oponents. But Frye was not given that priviledge.
    Eddy Curry got all the Bigmen Assistant Coaches attention last season so that he dont get into early foul trouble in every game, plus he had to learn how to position himself from getting two or three 3-second calls in the paint each game. Dont act like Curry did not have these problems playing with the Bulls and his first season with the Knicks.

    Putting second season Channing Frye in the frontcourt with a LEARNING Eddy Curry while making Frye play the peremeter on offense did not workout well.

    Somehow PF-David Lee "Skillz and hustling Talents" worked very well beside a Learning C-Curry Last season. And PF-Malik Rose worked well with Curry too.
    But Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" Coaching of Curry, Frye, and Jefferies lineup was so Crack-indicted in Coach Isiah brain that he did not see the 33 WIN season comming untill it was way to late in the midseason.

    6.11 Channing Frye should have never been in the lineup with 6.11 Eddy Curry or 6.11 Jefferies last season. WHY? Because ....
    Channing Frye have Jefferies frontcourt defensive moves down pact and Eddy Curry low post offensive moves down pact. He may have not been as experieced as the two in his second season, but he needed the playingtime lastseason to improve his offense/defense talents at their positions.
    There were alot of games last season vs various Knick oponents where Curry should not have played over 26 MPG, where Frye could have replaced him down low with quicker footspeed for position to score, get fouled, or pass the ball backout. Plus Frye started bulking up in the offseason and needed to keep bulking up last regular season in the weight room so he could've started Banging with the BIGMEN in the league downlow on both sides of the court; offense and defense.
    Everyone who plays ball knows what happens to your jumpshot when you lift weights on your upper body on the regular. Your out-side shot is off.

    So this Curry & Zack tandem, has to have Isiah Thomas depending mainly on Zack Randolph Experience to mesh with Curry, so that the Knicks will have two PF (Zack & Lee) that will Jell with Curry in the lineup.
    Which Means Isiah Thomas is going to try and make Eddy Curry into an ALL-STAR in the Eastern Conference at the expense of this Knick Team.
    For Curry to play 30 MPG means he have to stay out of foul trouble, which also means Curry will not be playing any defense. And if Curry dont play no defense than knowing Zack Randolph he too wont play any defense either while on the court with Curry. Just Like Channing Frye...

    I feel good about the Randolph trade, if only because we got rid of Francis who wasn't going to help us, and his horrible contract......

    Having said that.....the above scenario is exactly what I'm most afraid of. Even if Curry and Randolph gel offensively, this could be a trainwreck on an incredible level defensively.....

Similar Threads

  1. Making Knicks a .500 Team
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Aug 13, 2007, 19:36
  2. Randolph, Jones & Dickau now Knicks!
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2007, 16:45
  3. Why does evryone think Randolph Dosent Fit??
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2007, 19:38
  4. ZBo - Welcome To NY
    By FameMos in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2007, 21:57
  5. Zach Randolph A Knick
    By dr.carpy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 29, 2007, 07:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •