Next season's starting lineup

kej718

Rookie
Starters
Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Quentin Richardson, Stephon Marbury, & Mardy Collins

Let Mardy handle the ball and if Eddy or Zach get doubled they can kick it out to Steph or Q and they can hit the jumper or 3. Our 2nd unit looks pretty good also.

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Malik Rose

SF
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Demetris Nichols

PG
Mardy Collins
Nate Robinson

Trade or release:
Jared Jeffries
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Jerome James

Last edited:
07-08 Lineup marbury,crawford,Q,randolf,curry 3-shooters with this lineup love collins but no jump-shot. Agree with trade,release or buyout of jerome,dickau and jones still think jeffries could be usefull as a defencive backup-backup at the 3 or 4.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I agree with the trade list, but yeah gotta keep jeffries for D, we dont NEED james, dickau, or jones at all. Please get rid of them, waive them or somthin and sign Nichols. Great Starting line up. We can definately win a lot of games with those starting 5.

GO KNICKS!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
07-08 Lineup marbury,crawford,Q,randolf,curry 3-shooters with this lineup love collins but no jump-shot. Agree with trade,release or buyout of jerome,dickau and jones still think jeffries could be usefull as a defencive backup-backup at the 3 or 4.

Mos def...gotta keep Marbury, JC, and Q-Rich for the 3pt shooting. I would love to put Balkman at the 3 but then the 3 on the opposing team would double down on the bigs and we can't have that upping our turnovers. Have to put legit 3pt shooters in the lineup to stop that.

PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Q-Rich
PF Randolph
C Curry

This must be the lineup otherwise it's going to be TO galore

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Starters

Let Mardy handle the ball and if Eddy or Zach get doubled they can kick it out to Steph or Q and they can hit the jumper or 3. Our 2nd unit looks pretty good also.

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Malik Rose

SF
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Demetris Nichols

PG
Mardy Collins
Nate Robinson

Trade or release:
Jared Jeffries
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Jerome James

I want to keep Fred Jones to see what he can do. I think he will come in handy. But other than that good post. I like the suggestions

gega

Rookie
Im liking it im liking it but....I would stick Balkman at the 3 cause I dont think the 3 on the other team will double the bigs, cause theres two bigs Zbo and EC. that way better defence at the 3 better rebounding at the 3 and so we got two shooters a do it all guy and then 2 bigs..

MARBURY, JC, BALKMAN, ZBO, EC

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee

SF
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
Demetris Nichols

PG
Steph Marbury
Nate Robinson
Mardy Collins

Trade or release:
Jared Jeffries
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Jerome James
Malik Rose
:fire:

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I'd prefer Q over JC and keep Dickau instead of Nate.

MARBURY, Q-RICH, BALKMAN, ZBO, EC

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee

SF
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Quentin Richardson
Jamal Crawford
Demetris Nichols

PG
Steph Marbury
Mardy Collins
Dan Dickau

Trade or release:
Nate Robinson
Jared Jeffries
Fred Jones
Jerome James
Malik Rose
[/QUOTE]

Not a bad lineup I love nate's penatration but he lacks court vision to make him a point guard he is a short shoting guard with a heck of a lot of athletic talent. This lineup only works if Lee is off the bench for PF and SF as well.

Starters

C
Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

PF
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Malik Rose

SF
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

SG
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford
Demetris Nichols

PG
Mardy Collins
Nate Robinson

Trade or release:
Jared Jeffries
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Jerome James

I agree with you line up with the exception of Mr. Crawford not being at the 2. Mardy Collins starting over Jamal. Are you a Celetic fan cause your helping them out with Mardy at the 2.
Mardy Collins:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>SEASON AVERAGES
</TD><TD width=2>
stats_header_lft.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="playerStatTable careerAvg" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><!-- begin preseason if --><TBODY><TR class=title><TD class=year>Season</TD><TD class=team>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>MPG</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>3p%</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>RPG</TD><TD>APG</TD><TD>SPG</TD><TD>BPG</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PPG</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>06-07</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>14.9</TD><TD>0.382</TD><TD>0.277</TD><TD>0.585</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>1.6</TD><TD>0.6</TD><TD>0.1</TD><TD>1.10</TD><TD>1.40</TD><TD>4.5</TD></TR><TR class=career><TD class=col_1>Career</TD><TD class=col_2> </TD><TD>52</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>14.9</TD><TD>0.382</TD><TD>0.277</TD><TD>0.585</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>1.6</TD><TD>0.6</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>1.10</TD><TD>1.40</TD><TD>4.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--end career stats--><!--last 3 games-->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2>
stats_header_rt.gif
</TD><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>Jamal Crawford:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=statsHeader cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>Career Season Averages
</TD><TD width=2>
stats_header_lft.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="playerStatTable careerAvg" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR class=title><TD class=year>Year</TD><TD class=team>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>MPG</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>3P%</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>RPG</TD><TD>APG</TD><TD>SPG</TD><TD>BPG</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PPG</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>00-01</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>17.2</TD><TD>0.352</TD><TD>0.350</TD><TD>0.794</TD><TD>0.1</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.39</TD><TD>1.10</TD><TD>4.6</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>00-01</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>17.2</TD><TD>0.352</TD><TD>0.350</TD><TD>0.794</TD><TD>0.1</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.39</TD><TD>1.10</TD><TD>4.6</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>01-02</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>20.9</TD><TD>0.476</TD><TD>0.448</TD><TD>0.769</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>0.8</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.39</TD><TD>0.80</TD><TD>9.3</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>01-02</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>20.9</TD><TD>0.476</TD><TD>0.448</TD><TD>0.769</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>0.8</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>1.39</TD><TD>0.80</TD><TD>9.3</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>02-03</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>24.9</TD><TD>0.413</TD><TD>0.355</TD><TD>0.806</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>2.1</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>1.68</TD><TD>1.60</TD><TD>10.7</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>02-03</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>24.9</TD><TD>0.413</TD><TD>0.355</TD><TD>0.806</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>2.1</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>1.68</TD><TD>1.60</TD><TD>10.7</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>03-04</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>35.1</TD><TD>0.386</TD><TD>0.317</TD><TD>0.833</TD><TD>0.6</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>5.1</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>0.4</TD><TD>2.41</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>17.3</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>03-04</TD><TD class=tm>CHI</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>35.1</TD><TD>0.386</TD><TD>0.317</TD><TD>0.833</TD><TD>0.6</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>5.1</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>0.4</TD><TD>2.41</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>17.3</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>04-05</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>36.9</TD><TD>0.394</TD><TD>0.345</TD><TD>0.857</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>0.4</TD><TD>2.42</TD><TD>2.10</TD><TD>19.2</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>04-05</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>38.4</TD><TD>0.398</TD><TD>0.361</TD><TD>0.843</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>4.3</TD><TD>1.3</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>2.11</TD><TD>1.90</TD><TD>17.7</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD class=yr>05-06</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>79</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>32.3</TD><TD>0.416</TD><TD>0.345</TD><TD>0.826</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>2.7</TD><TD>3.1</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>1.1</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>2.22</TD><TD>1.90</TD><TD>14.3</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>06-07</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>37.3</TD><TD>0.400</TD><TD>0.320</TD><TD>0.838</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>2.5</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.1</TD><TD>2.75</TD><TD>1.90</TD><TD>17.6</TD></TR><!-- Check if career stats are null first --><TR class=career><TD class=col_1>Career</TD><TD class=col_2>--</TD><TD>452</TD><TD>248</TD><TD>30.5</TD><TD>0.401</TD><TD>0.342</TD><TD>0.830</TD><TD>0.4</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>2.7</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>1.1</TD><TD>0.2</TD><TD>2.06</TD><TD>1.70</TD><TD>13.6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My fellow brethren's you guy's decide who should be at the 2. Got love for Mardy but ...................

metrocard

Legend
Mardy > Jamal

Marbury is NOT a SG. He's the best passer on this team. Putting him at SG just doesn't make sense.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
C. Eddy Curry
PF. Zach Randolph
SF. Renaldo Balkman
SG. Jamal Crawford
PG. Stephon Marbury

This is simple but if we make a trade for Artest the starting lineup is the same but the small forward of course will be Artest not Balkman.

metrocard

Legend
C. Eddy Curry
PF. Zach Randolph
SF. Renaldo Balkman
SG. Jamal Crawford
PG. Stephon Marbury

This is simple but if we make a trade for Artest the starting lineup is the same but the small forward of course will be Artest not Balkman.

I would be pleased with Balkman starting, I honestly believe he could produce Kirilenko like numbers as a starter.

gega

Rookie
I agree that looks like the line up i posted we got two shooters a do it all guy and then 2 bigs. perfect combo :fire:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I would be pleased with Balkman starting, I honestly believe he could produce Kirilenko like numbers as a starter.

Yeah man I couldn't agree more. You are right. Balkman is already a all around type of player and still he has potential to be better or like Andre.

I agree that looks like the line up i posted we got two shooters a do it all guy and then 2 bigs. perfect combo :fire:

I didn't even look at your lineup until now lol sorry. We both agree with that kind of a lineup I think its great. Jamal Crawford had a great chemistry with Eddy Curry, thats why I wanted to great him over anyone else on the team. N' since Jamal had a great chemistry with Curry. I think the same might happen with the other big man Z Bo.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

I love Balkman, but he shouldn't start at the 3 spot until he can develop a jumper. Remember when Jeffries would start? Teams would double off of Jeffries man and just dare him to take a shot. It would be the same with Balkman at the 3. He, like Lee, should come of the bench to bring energy and hustle. Balkman is one of my favorite Knicks, but unfortunately he is an offensive liability.

Starting line-up: PG-Marbury, SG-Crawford, SF-Q. Rich, PF-Randolph, C-Curry.

If we get Artest: PG-Marbury, SG-Q. Rich, SF-Artest, PF-Randolph, C-Curry.

Kiyaman

Legend
I still say the Knicks Talented Roster is a "TWO-UNIT" Roster at the beginning of the season to gain enough chemistry together by midseason it could be broken down to a "MESHING" 8-Man Rotation.

The Starting Knick Lineup that every Knick-Fan should know by now (from watching last season) that will get off to a great start as soon as the 2007-8 regular season begin is:

PG-Marbury

SG-Crawford

SF-Q.Richardson

PF-David Lee

C-Curry

Sorry but I say, Zach is new to the Eastern Conference and his teammates so I would let him BOND with Balkman comming off the bench together to teamup on Knick oposition teams bench players to gain the lead or extend the lead in the first or second quarter. Who knows Zach may LUV playing alongside of a complimentary player like Bakman who knows how to pass to his Bigmen downlow. This would also take pressure off of Zach early in the season.
However, the new addition of PF-Zach Randolph high contract and 23-10 stat-sheet makes alot of Knick-Fans and President Isiah Thomas believe that Zach will "MESH" with the Knicks Starters in the opening game of the season. LOL!
Then we have Jared Jefferies who has been reported this offseason as working hard to improve his game from last season which was attrocious in every way one could think of last season, but may have President Isiah Thomas giving him playingtime over Renaldo Balkman who should be this 2007-8 season 6th Man of the year.

It gets even scary with Fred Jones on the Knicks roster, it is said that Isiah Thomas had Larry Bird draft Fred Jones when he was the Coach of the Indiana Pacers, but Isiah got FIRED that draft offseason. Will he give Fred Jones a chance in the Knicks Guards lineup when Coach Zeke really have the chance to finally START both Marbury & Crawford for the first time for all 82 games since they arrived, with Nate & Collins coming off the bench to add offense and defense to the Guard rotation? will giving Fred Jones playingtime affect such a rotation?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I love Balkman, but he shouldn't start at the 3 spot until he can develop a jumper. Remember when Jeffries would start? Teams would double off of Jeffries man and just dare him to take a shot. It would be the same with Balkman at the 3. He, like Lee, should come of the bench to bring energy and hustle. Balkman is one of my favorite Knicks, but unfortunately he is an offensive liability.

Starting line-up: PG-Marbury, SG-Crawford, SF-Q. Rich, PF-Randolph, C-Curry.

If we get Artest: PG-Marbury, SG-Q. Rich, SF-Artest, PF-Randolph, C-Curry.

I agree exactly...in fact that is the exact lineup I had on my previous post. Money post...

GetRealistic

Starter
Did one of you guys actually try to compare the stats of Mardy with Jamal. Obviously Mardy has lesser stats being as he didn't get any serious minutes till the end of the season. I don't remember the exact numbers so don't kill me, but i think he average 15.0 ppg 5 rebounds and 5 assists over the last 10 games or so. All that said Mardy isn't ready to start yet, maybe later into the season but not to start the year.

My lineup and again before you kill me remember just cause you start the game doesn't mean you finish the game or for that matter if you start your backup may get more minutes.

My lineup would be a lineup that puts our best perimeter D out there to start the game and still leaves us some scoring punch and energy off the bench.

Marbury
Q
JJ
Zack
Curry

Jefferies may only play the first 5 minutes of each half but i think he could help us defensively at the onset of games.