Cavs Interested In Houston

kej718

Rookie
Akron Beacon Journal - 08/12 - 10:42 AM EST

Despite their rise to the ranks of the NBA elite, the Cavaliers have yet to cash in on the market for aging stars looking for a shot at a championship.

That might not change anytime soon, but they are in the game. Team sources said the Cavs have interest in former New York Knicks star Allan Houston, who is planning a comeback two years after being forced to retire because of knee problems. Houston, 36, was one of the best shooting guards in the game in his prime. He told ESPN.com last week that his knee is feeling better and he hopes to play this season.

Houston, who made $40 million despite not playing for the past two years, probably would be looking for a deal that guarantees him the veteran's minimum of $1.2 million.

GetRealistic

Starter
I say good luck to him and i hope he plays well, except for the 4 games he plays against us. He can still shoot and players like Steve Kerr, and Dell Curry were still effective. So i really do hope he has a solid comeback.

He has no place on this team so he might as well sign with a potential contender. As of right now we don't even have the roster room to sign D Nichols.

Starks

Starter
I hope he drops 9 threes on us when he comes back to the Garden. It be just like Reggie's last game at MSG where the entire arean was cheering for Miller all game.

What a moment that was

pat

Starter
I say good luck to him and i hope he plays well, except for the 4 games he plays against us. He can still shoot and players like Steve Kerr, and Dell Curry were still effective. So i really do hope he has a solid comeback.

He has no place on this team so he might as well sign with a potential contender. As of right now we don't even have the roster room to sign D Nichols.

I couldn't have said it better. I really like Allan Houston, always did. It wasn't his fault that he was totally overpaid. Nobody would have refused the offer. (But this has been said at least a billion times all over the Internet) I bet he also needs the money. After "Black and White" I never again saw a Allan Houston apparel sweater ;) I can't even remember what it was called, "Honk" or something like that. Does anybody know what the brand was called?