Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 120

Thread: can eddie and zach mix?

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    well said.





    You get tired, thats cool but we don't need to hear your crying, take it to the moderator.

    Injuries are part of the NBA, get over it. The biggest problem in the team was turnovers and defense. You obviously don't watch the Knicks up there in Canada.

    Kevin Garnett is better than our whole roster combined, I see Knicks making the playoffs, but no way the Knicks are a better team than the Celtics. Theres a difference to being positive and being an ignorant homer and being an out right hater(Raptor fans)

    Us? You seem more like Isiah's lawyer than anything.

    Celtics have more positives now, they added the best shooter and one of the scorers in the NBA in Ray Allen and a MVP player in Kevin Garnett. Randolph is a great all star talent, but isn't near the level of these players. They have 3 all stars who can dominate, we have none. Benches are overrated, all role players need to do is compliment the super stars. The Spurs or Suns don't have a serious bench but still manage to play at an elite level. Celtics are making the right moves now, and it PISSES real Knick fans off that other teams get better each season why we hope to make the 8th seed each other. If you're not annoyed by that, then you need to question your passion for the Knicks. I do not want to favor the CELTICS, but when you lay the facts every NBA fan see, theres no denying they're highly improved. I feel bad when I see NBA forums not put the Knicks in their top 8 in the playoffs. I realize they are alot of Knick haters, but it makes you question everything. Like I said, I see Knicks in the playoffs, not way ahead of the Celtics, Nets or Raptors. Damn, its gonna be hard to see 4 teams in the playoffs from the Atlantic right? Everyone said it was the worst division. Now its pretty solid.

    What did you write in your last paragraph? Defense today and defense in the 90's are totally different now. You saying that about Isiah is basically you coming out here and saying Isiah is an idiot coach. Why would he do that, depend on Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford and Richardson to carry the defense on the perimeter? Marbury and Q-Rich are good defenders, no question, but theres going to be times that guards and big men will be in the paint. Randolph and Curry both are liabilities on defense and will defend in the INTERIOR, so its mostly about them. Its a PROBLEM, theres no denying that. I just hope both Curry and Randolph work on their defensive game and stop worrying so much about the touches they get on offense. Its best for the KNICKS. Isiah seems to focus on whats best for the individual player instead of the team. Example, all the isolation plays Isiah sets up for Crawford and Curry. They're just playing one on one mostly, and it hurts our offense that potentially can be a great offense. We should be averaging 102 points per game, but we only avg 97. Not enough ball movement.


    If KG is better than our roster, it would suit you better to join Celtics Nation. Yeah I live in Canada. I have a a satellite with MSG Idiot. I probably watched more Knicks games than you. Injuries are a part of things, don't be stupid. When the Knicks went to the finals in 99, we clearly lost due the fact that our best players weren't playing. So stop acting like a fool. Injuries are dibiltating. I listen to guys, they all say the same thing. Defense is the same as it's always been. I guess Clyde doesn't know what he's talking about then either, he played in a time before Isiah. You evidence with every post you know nothing about basketball or life. You posting name should be Alicia Silvertsone, cause you're CLUELESS. Isiah was a team player when he played. He knew when to differ touches to Aguirre, Vinny Johnson (I loved the microwave!), Laimbeer. So why wounldn't he implement that in his coaching style? Again more proof of your complete lack of knowledge. You usually set up plays that augment your players strengths. Isolation (your new key word, looks like someone went to a basketball workshop) works for those two players. Who cares what the Blazers PPG as a teams was? (I'm Knicks fan) Again you make a point for Randolph. The Blazers were bad cause he didn't play. Randolph missed 15 games. The Blazers point production went down as a result. Aruguing a point against you is like fighting a child, and I'm over 6 Ft. and 255Lbs.(What a waste!). When you say benches are overrated, tell that to Robert Horry and Steve Kerr. They've made fortunes coming off the Bench and making plays. More evidence that you know nothing. Get over Curry and Randolph bashing long enough to realize that this is a team sport. 15 guys need to show up everynight. If you don't believe that, then trluy there is no hope for you. How good will the Raps be? Wait to see how long Chris Bosh is hurt for.

  2. #32
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The hoopla surrounding the Celtics is complicated. They've basically bought a star-studded team. (Hey, just like us! Only they've done it with "higher" star power) This is when things can get ugly. According to my perception of some Knicks fans, here's how a simulation of how such a fan might react to the moves of the Celtics:

    --------------------
    (Start of summer)

    Damn, we're going nowhere with Paul Pierce. He's only gotten us a max of 45 wins during his whole tenure as a Celtic, and he's only gotten us a total of 57 wins in the past two seasons.

    (Ray Allen gets traded to the Celtics)

    What?! Noooooooo!!!! We gave up a pick too? There goes our future. I just know that whoever that pick will be is better than having Allen. We could have a nice core, but now we're paying 17 million to a guy with a lot of mileage on him. Crap, Allen's a good shooter and all, but he's freakin 32 years old. And he doesn't play a lick of defense. I don't think he's a winner either. I think he got lucky back when they won 52, because the next season they only won 35 games. He's not a leader, and we're gonna put him next to Pierce? Maybe I should just give up basketball in Beantown.

    (KG goes to the Celtics)

    There we go. We just traded our young talent for another veteran. He's good, but he's already 31. How much are we paying him? And for how much longer? His leadership has declined too. I mean, I know he won 57 games a couple years ago, but that was then. His team's wins have decreased, and they didn't even make the playoffs last season. He's a good shotblocker and defender and all, but they won just as many games as the Knicks last year! And the Knicks suck!

    (Near the end of summer)

    Damn. I thought we were going to get better. We just added good players from last year's losing teams. I don't know why people think we're going to be stellar next season. We'll be better probably, but I think people are way overdoing it.
    -------------------------------------------------

    Now back to reality. Obviously, nearly everyone isn't ruling out the possibility of title contention, but this just goes to reveal the duplicity of some self-proclaimed "universally undisputable basketball knowledge" that a few fans carry.

    The whole sports world media doesn't care about possible flaws with the Celtics, they like to look more toward how these guys can possibly help each other. "How does getting Allen and KG take the scoring load off Pierce?" is the question asked as opposed to "They might need three basketballs on the floor at once, how will they fit?". It isn't "The Celtics don't have a mature- enough point guard" or "Kendrick Perkins isn't known for defense". It's "Allen, Pierce, and KG" will do absolutely everything that the team needs to win.

    Is it out of the question to have some faith in the Knicks?

    Let's hope.

    "Zach Randolph will lessen the scoring load and pressure off of Eddy Curry."

    "Eddy Curry was the leading scorer on a team that made the playoffs."

    "Crawford is a good scorer, but I know he can play better. We've seen him try hard on defense under Larry Brown, so he's more than capable."

    "Mardy Collins fits nicely as a backup point guard. His size will make post-entry passes hard to defend"

    "The players are loyal to Isiah Thomas and will work hard for him"

    "David Lee"

    Don't misunderstand me. I don't think this team is perfect. I think we can play a lot better. I think we still have some moves to make and players to pursue. But I feel that we're going in the right direction. I'll still stand by it. If we're healthy, then it's playoffs or bust next season.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Thanks Roco for the well thought out post.

  4. #34
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    If KG is better than our roster, it would suit you better to join Celtics Nation. Yeah I live in Canada. I have a a satellite with MSG Idiot. I probably watched more Knicks games than you. Injuries are a part of things, don't be stupid. When the Knicks went to the finals in 99, we clearly lost due the fact that our best players weren't playing. So stop acting like a fool. Injuries are dibiltating. I listen to guys, they all say the same thing. Defense is the same as it's always been. I guess Clyde doesn't know what he's talking about then either, he played in a time before Isiah. You evidence with every post you know nothing about basketball or life. You posting name should be Alicia Silvertsone, cause you're CLUELESS. Isiah was a team player when he played. He knew when to differ touches to Aguirre, Vinny Johnson (I loved the microwave!), Laimbeer. So why wounldn't he implement that in his coaching style? Again more proof of your complete lack of knowledge. You usually set up plays that augment your players strengths. Isolation (your new key word, looks like someone went to a basketball workshop) works for those two players. Who cares what the Blazers PPG as a teams was? (I'm Knicks fan) Again you make a point for Randolph. The Blazers were bad cause he didn't play. Randolph missed 15 games. The Blazers point production went down as a result. Aruguing a point against you is like fighting a child, and I'm over 6 Ft. and 255Lbs.(What a waste!). When you say benches are overrated, tell that to Robert Horry and Steve Kerr. They've made fortunes coming off the Bench and making plays. More evidence that you know nothing. Get over Curry and Randolph bashing long enough to realize that this is a team sport. 15 guys need to show up everynight. If you don't believe that, then trluy there is no hope for you. How good will the Raps be? Wait to see how long Chris Bosh is hurt for.
    LOL...don't waste your time fighting with the kid...he doesn't think rational like most people do and he always thinks players like Arroyo and Garcia are good for the team LOL He lost credibility a long time ago...Good post by the way roco...i like peops who speak the truth...keep being rational and this forum will go smooth like the Nile

  5. #35
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    If KG is better than our roster, it would suit you better to join Celtics Nation. Yeah I live in Canada. I have a a satellite with MSG Idiot. I probably watched more Knicks games than you. Injuries are a part of things, don't be stupid.

    So stop acting like a fool.

    You evidence with every post you know nothing about basketball or life.

    You posting name should be Alicia Silvertsone, cause you're CLUELESS.

    Aruguing a point against you is like fighting a child, and I'm over 6 Ft. and 255Lbs.(What a waste!).


    You should watch that, reading your post really lowers my IQ.


    Nah, I'm a Knick fan. You're wrong once again failing to acknowledge KG is one of the all time greats at his position and is still one of the best players in the league; to think that would not impact a team just means proved your limited in basketball discussion. You prove no point telling to join the Celtics nation and disrespected me question my position as a Knick fan. Once again another insult and unprofessional comment from you, very immature....thanks.

    "Probably", "idiot", "fool" words of wisdom. Sadly they don't help your agrument or whatever your trying to send here.

    I'm not sure what dibiltating means, so you messege once is not understable.

    Dude, the Spurs were an unmatched team in 99'. We had a historic run in 99' that will never be forgotten. Injuries are part of the NBA, just accept it and stop being a cry baby.

    Defense isn't as physical as it use to be, and there are more fouls called now; especially with flopping and charging. If you can't see that you must be blind.

    Blazers team PPG have a lot with Randolph's ability to lead, which isn't alot. Guys like Randolph and Curry can lead your team scoring, but what sucess will it bring? Not much, just lottery visits and 20/30 win seasons. This has happened so I can say that because its a proven fact.

    You're wrong once again, cool! This is fun. Randolph didn't infact miss 15 games. If you're going to use stats, make sure they're accurate. Randolph played 68 games. Whats 82-68 ? 14!, Correct. Not only I'm educating you on basketball but simple math too...I'm too cool, right?

    Regardless, at the end of the season Blazers were 6-7 without Randolph, so it didn't make much of a difference. They were losing alot of games with Randolph and just are a sub .500 team without him. That point is invalid and doesn't have enough logic or information for me to agree with.

    6" and 255? You're pretty fat there. I'm guessing too much Canadian bacon and ice cream. Or the fact you just sit there mocking who ever disagrees with you saying you know everything about life and basketball; when you youself are some 255 lb guy who's really the least athletic and most ignorant person in the forum. Don't even think about fighting this kid, brother, I've been doing boxing in the South Bronx for the summer for PAL while you've been getting fatter. The bigger they come, the harder they fall.

    After I said that I could predict your post "COME TO CANADA AND SEE IM THE REAL DEAL, I'M A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER AND A BLACK BELT IN MUY THAI. I WOULD CRUSH YOU BODY IN HALF, SO DON'T DARE MESS WITH ME. LITTLE BOY, GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS OR ILL BOMB YOUR PM BOX AGAIN." or something like that.

    All you need is a solid 8 man rotation and you're good to go. Theres different chases and scenarios for this, so its debatable.

    I rather have 8 guys who can lead my favorite team to victory, than 15 talented guys clogged up together in a roster with no history of winning. Thats just me, I'm a Knick and I happened want my to be successful. It seems like your a closet Raptors fan with all the success you forbid the Knicks to have.




    Roco, we meet again brother.

    Its not so complicated.

    Celtics got 3 all stars. We have zero.

    Kendrick Perkins is known for defense, nothing else.

    Rando isn' matured, but still good enough to start and the perfect PG for the Celtics. He can get to the paint any time he wants and loves passing the ball , and is excellent defender/rebounder. Perfect situation for the kid.

    Roco, I also believe we will make the playoffs. If we get Artest I also believe we could be much better than Boston and accually win the Atlantic and be considered a threat in the playoffs. I hope the Artest deal goes through, it will take a lot of pressure off of Isiah and really progress our defense to a different level.

    Good post.
    Last edited by metrocard; Aug 22, 2007 at 10:56.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Ah look everyone! Cher (Metro) is mad! I'm a Knick fan, unless KG plays here which he doesn't, why would I care what he does? You make no sense. You're a punching bag more than you are a boxer. Again little girl, don't bang with the beast, your not there yet. I could lose an arm, my eyesight, and you still be on the endangered species list if you tried to test. TRUST! In the future when you don't understand what I wrote, google it or ask one of your teachers for help. This one's on me. I nothing if not generous. The term in question means to make weak or feeble. The Knicks were awful with a unhealty team. It was a factor. Camby and LJ were frustrated by this too, so I guess we're all babies then. You can run again and tell Rady I was mean to you. I go to New York on Business, so when I'm the I'm sure I put a fiver in your cup.Your arguments are really lame. My boy hoped on the Celtics wagon cause of KG, so I'll tell him to watch for you annoying know it all posts. Almost a 1000 posts here, and you ain't said a word yet.

  7. #37
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Roco, I read your first post. Too many smiles, but I'll reply.

    You'll be patient, but remember 3-4 years ago when we debated? You were patient then and look now. We're barely a playoff team. Come, you thought Marbury is better than Nash and believe Marbury saved the Knicks franchise in 2004. You had a history of assuming too quickly/inaccurately and not being patient.

    "Maybe Stephon is treated like a "god" because he saved this franchise."
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    No, we're not approaching anything here differently Roco, we're being realistic as possible. No WHAT IFS, not maybes, nothing of that. Lets just exchange facts and information so we can learn from each other and our opposing views.

    You're right, Zach Randolph is a hard worker, but his specialty is not defense. Can he improve? Yes. Do we know? No. So right now its a question mark and still very questionable whether he can help our interior defense.

    Good articles, hopefully Randolph can be a more around player, that would make him and Curry are serious combination in the front court.




    The turnovers and inconsistent defense kept us from the playoffs, more than the injuries or anything else. David Lee was the biggest lost, then Richardson. It affected us, but not so much as our two biggest weaknesses I hope we can improve.

    We haven't seen him on a playoff team, why is that Roco?

    Putting all your sources to one (Berman) isn't too smart, especially when many rumors that these guys put up. The fact is most of those teams already have an established winning squad, they could easily bring Randolph to play a smaller role instead of a Franchise player. Dallas always done this with Walker, Terry, Jamison, Jerry Stackhouse, Keith Van Horn. Same with the Spurs with Finley, Barry, Van Exel and Glen Robinson.

    Randolph trade has upgraded our roster yes, but not our weaknesses.


    Now in terms of offense, the Blazers were a very young team last season. Aside from Randolph and Roy, the Blazers had Jarrett Jack, Ime Udoka, and LaMarcus Aldridge. Minutes were so spread out, and with a team in rebuilding mode, you're not going to see an ideal fluid offense. Albeit, Roy and Jack were able to score double figures, but aside from that, not everyone else was accustomed to scoring.

    Ok, whats your agrument in 2004-05for Randolph leading a 92.9 ppg offense on a Blazers roster of Damon Stoudimire, Ruben Patterson, Darius Miles, Nick Van Exel, Derek Anderson and Shareef Abdur-Rahim. He also shot 44%.

    in 2005-06, the Blazers averaged 88 ppg. My point is Randolph isn't known to lead a dominant offense, which is why many people don't talk about him in the MVP discussion. Normally when you hear 23 and 10, you think of MVP. Randolph is only about 25 or so, so he's not even at his prime yet. But from what we know, we added another isolation player which can either really hurt our offense or help our offense. Depends how Isiah handles it.

    Its been long process Roco, we've waited 3 years to be mediocre. Other teams in the NBA have rebuilt on the fly in 2-3 years. Even the Bobcats look like contenders already. This whole rebuilding process is overrated, it doesn't really take that long, especially in the NBA. This isn't the MLB, we've seen teams totally transfer from lottery to playoff contenders. Isiah at first didn't have a sense of direction, making many questionable trades for washed up ex all stars, giving away cap space and draft picks freely. Now I feel like Isiah has just "started" his plan, and before he was just playing around like a dummy in NBA Live Association mode making trades just for fun for the 3 year period as the Knicks GM. To me, I can't respect that as a Knick fan and all real Knick fans shouldn't. Thanks for wasting 3 years Isiah.


    You think? Well you definitely don't know. I've watched over 60 games of the Knicks in 06-07, Curry does not contest shots. From the games I saw Randolph play on NBATV (I'm a Francisco Garcia/Raja Bell) fan, so I catch alot of Blazers/Kings match ups) He doesn't either. They better contest shots in 06-07 if we want to have a respectable defense.

  8. #38
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Ah look everyone! Cher (Metro) is mad! I'm a Knick fan, unless KG plays here which he doesn't, why would I care what he does? You make no sense. You're a punching bag more than you are a boxer. Again little girl, don't bang with the beast, your not there yet. I could lose an arm, my eyesight, and you still be on the endangered species list if you tried to test. TRUST! In the future when you don't understand what I wrote, google it or ask one of your teachers for help. This one's on me. I nothing if not generous. The term in question means to make weak or feeble. The Knicks were awful with a unhealty team. It was a factor. Camby and LJ were frustrated by this too, so I guess we're all babies then. You can run again and tell Rady I was mean to you. I go to New York on Business, so when I'm the I'm sure I put a fiver in your cup.Your arguments are really lame. My boy hoped on the Celtics wagon cause of KG, so I'll tell him to watch for you annoying know it all posts. Almost a 1000 posts here, and you ain't said a word yet.
    You lost your temper once again. You got shut down by my post(once again, which gets boring...which is why I ignore mostly everything you say nowadays). I also predicted you would post more immaturely and much more ignorant than before. You always lower my IQ and maturity when you come in threads because you have nothing important or valuable to say. Its laughable to think of some 255 lb Canadian man trying to throw a punch. Internet tough guy, you wouldn't be talking so much smack in the Boxing gym in the South Bronx. I know a 14 year old Puerto Rican girl fighter who could knock your fat ass clean on the floor. You're a joke as a poster, a human being and honestly I can't associate you with the Knicks, go root for the home team, Raptors boy.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You lost your temper once again. You got shut down by my post(once again, which gets boring...which is why I ignore mostly everything you say nowadays). I also predicted you would post more immaturely and much more ignorant than before. You always lower my IQ and maturity when you come in threads because you have nothing important or valuable to say. Its laughable to think of some 255 lb Canadian man trying to throw a punch. Internet tough guy, you wouldn't be talking so much smack in the Boxing gym in the South Bronx. I know a 14 year old Puerto Rican girl fighter who could knock your fat ass clean on the floor. You're a joke as a poster, a human being and honestly I can't associate you with the Knicks, go root for the home team, Raptors boy.
    Yawn....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Still ain't said nothin'. Go to the people here. They take me far more serious than you. I offer more than "I hate Isiah, Curry and Zach". That always fun to read for the thousandth time. Just so you know, the last part was sarcasism.
    Last edited by dr.carpy; Aug 22, 2007 at 15:26.

  10. #40
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yep PR, it's good to bring back the clashes my friend
    <O></O>
    haha <O></O>
    <O></O>
    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You'll be patient, but remember 3-4 years ago when we debated? You were patient then and look now. We're barely a playoff team. Come, you thought Marbury is better than Nash and believe Marbury saved the Knicks franchise in 2004. You had a history of assuming too quickly/inaccurately and not being patient.
    <O></O>

    <O></O>
    3-4 years ago, we had Nazr Mohammed at starting center and Mike Sweetney was supposed to be our future 4. Times change, and with change, you have to recognize the process. If we had the exact same team that we did 3-4 years ago and then only won 33 games last season, then I would be livid.
    <O></O>
    One on one, even Nash admitted that Marbury would beat him. Wouldn't you agree that Nash found the best situation for himself? No discredit to his MVP status, but you have to acknowledge that he wasn't getting nearly as much recognition back then with the Mavs as he is now.
    <O></O>
    I assume too quickly? I'm willing to see if this Randolph/ Curry thing works, and you're already telling us that it won't. Oh, and I didn't forget your glorification of Peter John Ramos or how you said the Knicks needed to sign Jaber Rouzbahani. <O></O>
    <O></O>
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<O></O>
    <O></O>
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Originally Posted by metrocard
    We haven't seen him on a playoff team, why is that Roco?
    <O></O>

    <O></O>
    Care to explain to me why Ray Allen and Garnett made the playoffs before but not last season? <O></O>

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Good articles, hopefully Randolph can be a more around player, that would make him and Curry are serious combination in the front court.


    There we go.

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    We haven't seen him on a playoff team, why is that Roco?
    <O></O>

    <O></O>
    <O>You're saying that the Celtics are making all the right moves, but why wasn't Garnett or Ray Allen on a playoff team last season? </O>
    <O></O>
    <O>
    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Putting all your sources to one (Berman) isn't too smart, especially when many rumors that these guys put up. The fact is most of those teams already have an established winning squad, they could easily bring Randolph to play a smaller role instead of a Franchise player. Dallas always done this with Walker, Terry, Jamison, Jerry Stackhouse, Keith Van Horn. Same with the Spurs with Finley, Barry, Van Exel and Glen Robinson.</O>
    <O></O>
    <O>Randolph trade has upgraded our roster yes, but not our weaknesses.
    <O></O> </O>
    <O> </O>
    We're not depending on Randolph to be our franchise player, and that's where I think the misunderstanding is. We're expecting him to play well, but our whole season doesn't completely depend on whether he delivers or not. I'm not going to lie to you and say that Randolph was absolutely the player we should have acquired, because I think there are other players who would fit next to Curry. But is having Randolph worse than having uncertainty at the 2-guard and a Channing Frye with no confidence?

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Ok, whats your agrument in 2004-05for Randolph leading a 92.9 ppg offense on a Blazers roster of Damon Stoudimire, Ruben Patterson, Darius Miles, Nick Van Exel, Derek Anderson and Shareef Abdur-Rahim. He also shot 44&#37;.
    I'd say that, for Randolph, getting nearly 19 and 10 during a season of a big roster shakeup is pretty promising. He was only 23 back then and he was getting it done. Do you think he's going to lead the offense by himself here in New York? That's another misunderstanding.

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    in 2005-06, the Blazers averaged 88 ppg. My point is Randolph isn't known to lead a dominant offense, which is why many people don't talk about him in the MVP discussion. Normally when you hear 23 and 10, you think of MVP. Randolph is only about 25 or so, so he's not even at his prime yet. But from what we know, we added another isolation player which can either really hurt our offense or help our offense. Depends how Isiah handles it.
    No, I don't automatically think MVP when I hear 23 and 10. If Randolph isn't good enough to lead a dominant offense like you say, then how does having Curry, Crawford, Marbury, and Q-Rich not help? I agree, it does depend on how Isiah handles it.

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Its been long process Roco, we've waited 3 years to be mediocre. Other teams in the NBA have rebuilt on the fly in 2-3 years. Even the Bobcats look like contenders already. This whole rebuilding process is overrated, it doesn't really take that long, especially in the NBA. This isn't the MLB, we've seen teams totally transfer from lottery to playoff contenders. Isiah at first didn't have a sense of direction, making many questionable trades for washed up ex all stars, giving away cap space and draft picks freely. Now I feel like Isiah has just "started" his plan, and before he was just playing around like a dummy in NBA Live Association mode making trades just for fun for the 3 year period as the Knicks GM. To me, I can't respect that as a Knick fan and all real Knick fans shouldn't. Thanks for wasting 3 years Isiah.
    PR, we've had so many opportunities emerge for us over the course of 3 years. Eddy Curry becoming available after we signed JJ. Larry Brown choosing to sign with us and then leave us with nothing. Kurt Thomas gone for Q-Rich and a draft pick. Nazr Mohammed being traded for Malik Rose. I'd understand you fully if the team back then is the team we have now. But with change, you have to understand that we have to adapt. Who was the last coach that stayed for at least two full seasons? Did we have Eddy Curry, David Lee, Balkman, Mardy, Nate, and Jeffries three years ago? If we had Eddy three years ago and wound up where we are today, I'd understand. If we had Double Double Lee three years ago....you know where I'm going with this.

    The Layden era? That was horrible "mediocrity". Now? Nobody can tell us that we don't have a legitimate chance to make the playoffs.

    I see what you're saying in terms of roster shakeups. But again, there were opportunities that Isiah saw and took them when he felt the need. Should we have passed on Eddy Curry? Should we have looked past the trade that would bring us the league leader in 3 point shots made and a draft pick, especially with the question mark over Allan Houston?

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You think? Well you definitely don't know. I've watched over 60 games of the Knicks in 06-07, Curry does not contest shots. From the games I saw Randolph play on NBATV (I'm a Francisco Garcia/Raja Bell) fan, so I catch alot of Blazers/Kings match ups) He doesn't either. They better contest shots in 06-07 if we want to have a respectable defense.
    I agree with your last statement. But i'm just saying that Eddy understands what Isiah expects of him, and I'll think he'll give an effort to do what he's asked. We've never seen Randolph play in a Knicks uniform, but can we say that he isn't going to try either? We'll see what happens.

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Roco is the man!!! Another well thought out post. I love the fact that you are unfettered by ridiculous bias. Keep posting man, you thoughts are a pleasure to read.

  12. #42
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I've got say Roco...you have the best first four posts out of anyone here...don't hurt the kid now. I agree with basically everything you said. Again...being realistic and having an open mind is the best way to approach this season...when you're close minded and pessimistic then the forum turns sour (read a couple of posts above and you'll see a particular postee, a name that I won't mention since I might get taddled on, that continues to attack Isiah, Curry, Randolph, and Crawford). Don't get me wrong...I value everyone's opinion but enough is enough. A man can only stand so much hate and since there's so much in the world why spread it on an internet forum? Just sad.

    Oh, and I didn't forget your glorification of Peter John Ramos or how you said the Knicks needed to sign Jaber Rouzbahani.
    I never understood why he names those garbage players and wants to bash players that we currently had...your the second person next to me that bashed him for that...but I'm just saying...

  13. #43
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    why the subliminals? and how can you get tattled on? myspace gangstas....

  14. #44
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    haha yep myspace gangstas. Got some people on here that like to tattle on people when they get shut down in arguments and all they want to do is go personal. I guess when they can't shoot bullets, the next best thing is to throw the gun...

  15. #45
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Roco, it wasn't a fact Nazr and Sweetney was going to be our future 4. Especially with those guys being injury prone, that would of been replaced in the near future by a good GM who realize the pros and cons of a team. Isiah doesn't. A Good GM answers the problem of turnovers and defense the Knicks face, Isiah hasn't in 3 years. I give Isiah props to drafting Collins and Balkman. But having Randolph, Crawford and Curry playing 40 minutes together is sad really. Hopefully the Artest deal comes through

    You have to recognize this isn't the best process for the team by ignoring the weaknesses each season, understand? If you can't put yourself together and understand that, then you're hopeless.

    One on one is an irrelevant point. You held a pointless argument that turned out to be wrong and my argument turned out to be right, again. My fortune has been sweet most of the time, you have to admit. Marbury is one of my favorite players in the league, he has matured as an overall PG, but was never at a MVP status, all star yes. But never at a MVP status. You have to discredit Nash's MVP because thats how weak your argument is. Right now, Marbury and Nash no comparison really. Nash is the first option you want at PG for a winning formula. Curry at center isn't a player you want for winning, more so for one on one situations that can either hurt or help the team. This is why I can't see Isiah's direction. It seems like he enjoys the losing formula that most lottery teams face or wants to stick to being a team thats always fighting for the 8th seed. Such low standards shouldn't be like that when you're the GM and President of the New York Knicks.

    I don't see it working, and you haven't provided any facts that it will, so why should I agree with you when you're not bringing up any points? I defended my side of the argument of this topic, I'm still waiting for a nice explanation on how Randolph is going to answer our interior defense problems, ball movement and turnovers. That has yet been explained by any Isiahsexual here, including you my friend. And the answer isn't "Randolph dominated Tim Duncan and Amare Stoudimire." Lets be more logical here.


    Roco, everyone in the Jaber Rouzbahani thread agreed with me, especially since I had more people agreeing with me than you. This was when Knicks were desperate for a center. I was the only person in the forum who was a valuable source for international prospects, making me one of the better posters there, even when I was a 15 year old I was dropping a decent amount of knowledge. Jaber Rouzbahani isn't even 25 yet, so who knows where he'll end up. Peter John Ramos is hopeless. Good player in the NBDL though. But I'm not going to say much here since I understand your knowledge on international or foreign leagues is very limited. Back to the NBA and our Knicks.

    You want to explain WHY Randolph is such a "winning" player? Just agree with the facts. Randolph can only be the primary option of a low scoring offense that is a lottery team. Thats a fact. Thats been his history in the NBA as a starter. You can't compare Allen and Kevin Garnett because both Ray Allen (against the 76ers) and Kevin Garnett were in the conference finals and both teams came very close to making the NBA Finals. So whats your argument here? KG and Allen gives their teams a chance to compete, Randolph has never in his career. Now they're both on the same team, how sick is that, with another elite all star Paul Pierce. That fact is they have a history of being highly competitive players, and even better when they're in the playoffs. You can't say that about Randolph. To disagree, you would have to discredit Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen and desperately try to raise Randolph's status higher than those two. I wouldn't be surprise you've said sillier things in the past. Theres a point where homerism needs to stop. I constantly defend my Knicks from foolish Raptors and Bulls fans, but I hate to see Isiahsexuals hype up the team so ignorantly and homerishly...its like where do you guys get your facts from? Its either what ifs or a prediction in the future. Really cliche and boring.

    Randolph > Frye, no ****. It still doesn't answer our team needs, which you continue fail to explain why that isn't a problem. You don't have a problem with Knicks coming into the season with weak interior defense and still turnover prone? I don't know about you, but I want to see the Knicks be successful and have little holes as possible. I'll wait with you to see if they improve on that, but till now its not proven...so I can't be happy with Isiah until he addresses our need.

    You're right, Randolph does have Marbury, Curry, Richardson and Crawford. But who's going to pass the ball? These guys are isolation players, I can only see Marbury who's mature enough to give up his one on one game and sacrafice for the other guys. I like how Marbury moves the ball. Maybe we should run a Golden State type offense. But I forgot, Curry is God and gets 99&#37; posession of the ball. There we'll have to enjoy our 95-97 turnover prone offense.


    We also had more downfalls than opportunities emerge for us. We also had many missed opportunites. Are you going to tell me guys like Jared Jefferies and Jerome James are the best available guys for the MLE in free agency? Those were both terrible signings by Isiah and it has shown the past season.

    Isiah made a mistake signing Larry Brown and expect him to a coach a team that doesn't fit his method of play.

    No, the question is if the change is positive or negative? You need to understand that. Its simple and you're not seeing it.

    The team back then won the same amount of games or more than the team we have now. The team back then had expiring contracts and a lot of draft picks. So there was SOMETHING to work with, please don't be foolish enough to realize that. Isiah went through a maze or a puzzle to get where he is now, and wasted a lot of time and money for little success. He really killed the term "trial and error" Why do you name Curry, Nate and Jefferies like they're all stars? I'll take Allan Houston 3 years ago over all those players. At least Houston was a border-line all star every season with leadership and a matured game who lead us to more victories than this whole roster combined. H20 was the man.

    You're saying if too many times, which makes me doubt you're thinking realstically instead more imaginary. I don't know where your going with this imagination of yours that isn't real. We didn't have Eddy Curry 3 years ago, why does it matter? What matters is we had expiring contracts and alot of draft picks. That would of allowed us to move for guys, get under the cap and sign top free agents. You know NYC is a hot market for free agents. Isiah failed to realize that and ignore the cap. We've blown many opportunities to excel and grow on this Eddy Curry development. I'm not going to waste my time on that, send feedback when you're ready to speak more realistically.

    3 years to barely be considered an 8th seed team in the Eastern Conference? What about next year, your new expectation level is gonna be 7th seed? I could see you saying something silly like "Give Isiah 7 more years, by 2014 we'll be a one seed". You would probably find some far fetched argument for that too.

    Isiah saw the opportunities and didn't handle them carefully. Isiah traded for what he felt he needed on the roster, not what the Knicks needed, which became his downfall.
    Last edited by metrocard; Aug 23, 2007 at 20:58.

Similar Threads

  1. Curry and Randolph
    By nyKnicks126 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2007, 23:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •