Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One More Week

Balkman can actually defend nba players. Lee can't. Lee is mildly athletic, Balkman is an athletic freak. Lee sat out injured, Balkman went to summer league and was dominant. Balkman is younger with a better handle. Lee is well.....Anyone who says Lee is better than Balkman, says it with bias. Cause it's simply not the case. Artest is gonna take giving up one of these guys with Nate and the expiring contracts. So I guess Lee would be the guy who goes based on the fact that Balkman has more to offer, and has no nagging injury.

Trade Icon Ron Artest The Leader

WOW I DONT KNOW ABOUT ALL OF THAT BUT I DO BELIEVE ARTEST WOULD BECOME A SUPERSTAR ON THIS KNICKS TEAM. I ALSO BELIEVE IF WE GIVE UP LEE FOR ARTEST WE WOULD BE GETTING BACK EVERYTHING LEE IS AND MORE PLUS WE CAN PUT BALKMAN IN FOR ALL THOSE EXTRA HUSTLE POINTS. WITH ARTEST WE GO TO THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS NEXT YEAR AND WE TAKE IT ALL THE YEAR AFTER

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Today is a week, and today is when the TR is off for Fred Jones, Dan Dickau, and Z Bo. Lets all see what happens! I am looking for Jones, and Dickau traded soon, but I think Sac. won't pull this trade off. NYC you are right Artest does give more and the same as D Lee, We will be a force I hope.

Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Balkman can actually defend nba players. Lee can't. Lee is mildly athletic, Balkman is an athletic freak. Lee sat out injured, Balkman went to summer league and was dominant. Balkman is younger with a better handle. Lee is well.....Anyone who says Lee is better than Balkman, says it with bias. Cause it's simply not the case. Artest is gonna take giving up one of these guys with Nate and the expiring contracts. So I guess Lee would be the guy who goes based on the fact that Balkman has more to offer, and has no nagging injury.
    It's tough trading david lee because he kinda like the fan favorite but i do agree wit u

Default not if he gets suspended agian.

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    I mean really, whatever happens of the court happens. We can't control that. Artest is a good player. I think he will be a knick, and he will change for the better like Spree.

Artest IS the Perfect fit for us. I said this before.
    I agree that he is the perfect fit and that what happens off the court should stay off the court, but when it starts to effect your playing time on the court it is no longer just an off the court problem, Artest, happens to be the type of player whos' off court situations turn out to be suspensions, which would directly effect the knicks team, the team i root for. If his suspensions start costing knicks wins, then It would be a bad move. Me and other knick fans would rather not deal with that. It's one thing when you lose but tried your best and another if you weren't able to try your best, because you were suspended for being an out of control idiot again. That scenario, isn't guarenteed, he could, have a blemish free career as a KNICK, but there exists the possibility of more suspensions and more Loses for the knicks. I'd take a straight and narrow ron every day of the week, He's not straight and narrow, he's got issues, that effect his on court performance. (for instance how will he perform his first seven games...lets see i see zeros all around, as he watches the knicks or whoever on TV serving his suspension.)

Originally Posted by datruth
    It's tough trading david lee because he kinda like the fan favorite but i do agree wit u
    You're right man, Lee is a fan favorite. There are a lot of Knick fans that would want Isiah's head if he traded away a player like Lee for a headcase like Artest. I'm not one of them though. I think Artest could have a huge impact on the Knicks (i.e. Conference Finals or better) but Lee and Balkman are my favorite players on the Knicks and I don't want to see either of them go. Come on Isiah! Work some magic! If we can get Artest without giving up Lee, Balk, Q. Rich, and Crawford then the Knicks will be one of the best/deepest teams in the league and Isiah should win GM of the year.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    You're right man, Lee is a fan favorite. There are a lot of Knick fans that would want Isiah's head if he traded away a player like Lee for a headcase like Artest. I'm not one of them though. I think Artest could have a huge impact on the Knicks (i.e. Conference Finals or better) but Lee and Balkman are my favorite players on the Knicks and I don't want to see either of them go. Come on Isiah! Work some magic! If we can get Artest without giving up Lee, Balk, Q. Rich, and Crawford then the Knicks will be one of the best/deepest teams in the league and Isiah should win GM of the year.
    yeah i agree wit u 100%, definately nate is gone in a trade to sacramento, but if it doesnt involve trading the players u mentioned plus curry(kind of wouldnt mind trading Q because of his laggin injuries though one of my favorite knicks), but if it means we HAVE to give up lee OR balkman, i think the deal has to be done

Nyk Logo Balkman Over Lee

I WOULD RATHER KEEP BALKMAN OVER LEE HE IS MORE ATHLETIC AND A BETTER ALL AROUND BALL PLAYER. HE MAY BE A KNICK FAVORITE BUT HE IS STILL A BACK UP PLAYER WHILE ARTEST IS A PROVEN STARTER FOR ANY TEAM. TO TELL YALL THE TRUTH ID RATHER KEEP NATE THEN LEE. NATE IS A HARD WORKER AND I BELEIVE ONE DAY IF WE TRADE HIM AWAY IT WILL DEFINATLEY COME BACK TO BITE US ON OUR ASS, WHILE LEE WILL ALWAYS ONLY BE A ROLE PLAYER AT BEST NATE COULD BE THE LEADER OF OUR BENCH AND AN EXAMPLE FOR ALL THE NEW GUYS WHO JOIN THE TEAM BY SHOWING THEM HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION IS NECESSARY TO BE GREAT IN THE LEAGUE. WITH ALL THE HYPE FOR LEE WE WOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE UP ALOT LESS IF HE WAS INVOLVED IN A TRADE SO I BELEIVE LEE SHOULD GO FOR ARTEST

some more Artest news....nothing concrete though

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Artest still hasn't asked the Kings to trade him, but he reiterated that he wouldn't be upset if he got traded to the Knicks. He did point out for the first time that he doesn't think a trade will happen this offseason because, "I don’t think anybody will give me up the way I’ve been working out this summer."

* He believes Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry will be able to co-exist in the paint the way he and Jermaine O'Neal did in Indiana. "If you double Zach, you’ve got Eddy down there and you can’t stop Eddy from dunking," Artest said. "Same thing with Zach."

* If the new-look Celtics play together, they're going to be "a monster," according to Artest. Agreed.

* Artest has spoken with Jamal Crawford, a former teammate of his with the Bulls, this summer, as well as Renaldo Balkman. "He's my boy," Artest said of Balkman. "I told him I wouldn’t trade myself for him."

Veteran

How come I believe that trading Marbury for Mike (Henry) Bibby will be a success with this Knick Roster.

Getting Bibby & Artest for Marbury, Jefferies, Dickau, and Jones will make this Knick Team a 45 WIN Team this season.
    But it will never happen with Isiah LUV for Marbury, Jefferies, and Fred Jones.

Nyk Logo I agree

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    How come I believe that trading Marbury for Mike (Henry) Bibby will be a success with this Knick Roster.

Getting Bibby & Artest for Marbury, Jefferies, Dickau, and Jones will make this Knick Team a 45 WIN Team this season.
    Your right that would be a great deal, but marbury, won't be traded, marbury needs to be on a team where he can be himself more. The old steph, avging 20pts 8assists per game. He's our most expensive player, that we got to lead this team, why wouldn't you build around his style of b-ball? Isiah has gone the other way and now this team would be a better fit for a guy like bibby. It would make sense, but it won't happen Isiahs pride won't let him trade his mistakes. For instance j.jefferies and jamal crawford.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

no way, bibby doesnt have half the defensive abilities of marbury, bibby just a scorer in my eyes, and thats not what the knicks need at the PG position, i dont see marbury gettin traded away from NY anyway

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by datruth
    no way, bibby doesnt have half the defensive abilities of marbury, bibby just a scorer in my eyes, and thats not what the knicks need at the PG position, i dont see marbury gettin traded away from NY anyway
    Yeah. When Marbury's contract ends 2 seasons from now, he is going to play in Italy, so either way we won't have him. He won't be traded from NY.

Marbury, Jefferies, Dickau, and Jones for Artest and Bibby. Now were talking a deal. The Kings get the expiring contracts and a "superstar" quality player in Marbury, whose only got two years left on his contract which means next season they can ship him out for help or just let the contract burn out.

As for the Knicks they get Artest who could either make this team legit and a possible Eastern conference power or completely emplode the team. Just an idea why extend him right after the trade. I'd make him play atleast part of the season to see his behavior and chemistry and things like that. Cause then if it doesn't work after this season you could just let him go and in the process you get a younger Mike Bibby and unload Jefferies and Marbury's massive contracts.

Mike Bibby is a good player, passes the ball and is a deadly spot up shooter. And what do the Knicks need spot up shooters around the big guys. I'll give you that Marbury may be a better defensive player but its not like Bibby is god awful. Plus up until last season Marbury basically just choosed not to play defense. Also Mike Bibby is a winner and a clutch player. He's won a national championship and has gone deep in the playoffs. If you remember back when the Kings and Lakers had there playoff battles, Mike Bibby was the player who made all the big shots. As for Marbury two words could never be used to describe him, Winner and Clutch.

Sidenote Bibby wouldn't be the public relations nightmare Marbury is.

This trade most likely will never happen but if its on the table i'd jump at it.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Marbury, Jefferies, Dickau, and Jones for Artest and Bibby. Now were talking a deal. The Kings get the expiring contracts and a "superstar" quality player in Marbury, whose only got two years left on his contract which means next season they can ship him out for help or just let the contract burn out.

As for the Knicks they get Artest who could either make this team legit and a possible Eastern conference power or completely emplode the team. Just an idea why extend him right after the trade. I'd make him play atleast part of the season to see his behavior and chemistry and things like that. Cause then if it doesn't work after this season you could just let him go and in the process you get a younger Mike Bibby and unload Jefferies and Marbury's massive contracts.

Mike Bibby is a good player, passes the ball and is a deadly spot up shooter. And what do the Knicks need spot up shooters around the big guys. I'll give you that Marbury may be a better defensive player but its not like Bibby is god awful. Plus up until last season Marbury basically just choosed not to play defense. Also Mike Bibby is a winner and a clutch player. He's won a national championship and has gone deep in the playoffs. If you remember back when the Kings and Lakers had there playoff battles, Mike Bibby was the player who made all the big shots. As for Marbury two words could never be used to describe him, Winner and Clutch.

Sidenote Bibby wouldn't be the public relations nightmare Marbury is.

This trade most likely will never happen but if its on the table i'd jump at it.
    Right on man! I agree. I would love to have Bibby on this team instead of Marbury. Although, I thought I heard rumors that Bibby and Artest don't get along and don't want to play with each other. If the rumors aren't true, then bring him here. Bibby is exactly the kind of point guard the Knicks need, and Artest is exactly the kind of small forward the Knicks need.

Unfortunately, I think everyone is right. There is no way Isiah would trade Marbury. Too bad. It would be a perfect fit.