Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One More Week

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Right on man! I agree. I would love to have Bibby on this team instead of Marbury. Although, I thought I heard rumors that Bibby and Artest don't get along and don't want to play with each other. If the rumors aren't true, then bring him here. Bibby is exactly the kind of point guard the Knicks need, and Artest is exactly the kind of small forward the Knicks need.

Unfortunately, I think everyone is right. There is no way Isiah would trade Marbury. Too bad. It would be a perfect fit.
    and why do da knicks need a PG in bibby who only scores, knicks dont need scorers and bibby is not a good defender

Originally Posted by datruth
    and why do da knicks need a PG in bibby who only scores, knicks dont need scorers and bibby is not a good defender
    You talk like Marbury is NBA all defense. He improed last year but hes far from the best defensive PG in the league.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    You talk like Marbury is NBA all defense. He improed last year but hes far from the best defensive PG in the league.
    marbury is the knicks best perimeter defender and what he showed last year, he is one of the best defensive PGs, ask ray allen

marbury is the knicks best perimeter defender and what he showed last year, he is one of the best defensive PGs, ask ray allen
    lol, ur kidding right? please tell me you're kidding.

while he improved, kirk hinrich, jason kidd, chauncey billups, deron williams, devin harris, trenton hassel, chris duhon, tony parker, allen iverson, chris paul, andre miller, and gilbert arenas, are all better defenders than marbury.

Originally Posted by reuel

while he improved, kirk hinrich, jason kidd, chauncey billups, deron williams, devin harris, trenton hassel, chris duhon, tony parker, allen iverson, chris paul, andre miller, and gilbert arenas, are all better defenders than marbury.
    i'll give u kidd, paul and andre miller, trenton hassel is not even a PG, all devin harris could do is play Defense but it involves mostly on his acting skills, iverson doesnt play good 1 on 1 defense, he just loves to gamble, chauncey billups is solid but is not better than marbury in my opinion, tony parker, dats marbury son, and gilbert is like AI who likes to gamble, and hinrich is not a even a good defender

Maybe you should ask Marbury about the game in the Garden when Allen went off in the fourth quarter. Also ask Marbury about missing a FT with no time left that would have sent the game into OT.

Marbury is improved defensively, I just wonder why all the sudden he decided to play defense. All the other years he couldn't stop anybody from scoring. My only point is, if we can get Artest and Bibby for basically just Marbury you have to do it. All that said the chances of that happening is about 5 %

And being best perimeter defender on this team doesn't say all that much. BTW Q when healthy was the best perimeter defender.

Default Some more Ron Artest info

From Ken Berger's blog
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Still, I believe there’s a 50-50 chance that Artest winds up getting traded to the Knicks – if not this summer, then at trade deadline. It just makes too much sense. He’d be the perfect offensive/defensive combination at the 3, would go through a wall for Isiah, and as he stated Tuesday, he’d take the privilege of playing in New York very, very seriously. I think after all he’s been through, he could handle it. Sounds crazy to say about a guy who’s found the trouble he’s found over the years, but I get the impression he wants this to happen in the worst way.

Not just for basketball reasons, but for personal reasons. If you haven't seen the column I wrote in today's paper on Artest, here is is.

And maybe this is me being overly cynical, but all these glowing statements about Artest coming from Kings G.M. Geoff Petrie strike me as a guy talking up a player so he can get more back in a trade. For all his good works lately, Artest has baggage and has been a huge headache at times for the Kings. Petrie knows that Artest will be gone after next season anyway, so why not talk his value up now and try to get something for your trouble?

By the way, I think the same thing is going on with the canonization of Nate Robinson this summer.

But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. The fact that the interview with Artest happened in New York is not an indication that a trade is imminent. In fact, when Artest and I spoke on the phone later in the day, he’d already flown back to Cali.

I also spoke with Artest’s agent, Mark Stevens, on Tuesday. This is what he said: “From what I know and understand, Ron is a King and he’s going to be a King. If anything different arrives, we’ll deal with it at that point.”

Here is what we know: Artest badly wants to play in New York, but has decided it’s not his place to request a trade. One thing he understands is loyalty, and he believes that Petrie and the Maloof brothers deserve his loyalty for sticking by him through some troubled times.

We know Isiah has two extra players on the roster and has accumulated some pieces that give him the flexibility to pull off several different types of trades. He has desirable young players to offer – Lee, Balkman, Crawford, Randolph Morris, even N8 – plus a variety of expiring contracts.

Now he waits for things to shake out – not only with Artest, but also with Kobe. Time is on his side.

Will Artest show up at training camp, look around at a collection of talent that won 32 games last season, and lose all his enthusiasm and loyalty for Sac-Town?

Will Kobe show up at training camp, period?

Either one or both could be available in the coming months. Say what you want about Isiah, but he has the right combination of talent and garbage to be at the front of the line in either scenario.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Good look Trin thanks for the info. Now I will admit the Artest deal sounds dull right now I now think it aint happening, I mean Ken Berger is the only guy that talked about such a trade, no other reported has. Seriously if Isiah wants to keep his job, and improve the team on the court, I suggest him to bring Artest home, if not I am looking at a below 500 season again 39-43.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Marbury always had the ability to play defense. His footwork on defense is one of the best in the NBA, he definitely proved himself in the 06-07 season.

Nyk Logo marburey is a good defender.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Marbury always had the ability to play defense. His footwork on defense is one of the best in the NBA, he definitely proved himself in the 06-07 season.
    You have to give him this point marbury is a good defender, he's quick and strong, his weakness seems to be the minor nagging injuries that have plagued him the past two seasons. Making him a good defender some nights and terrible others(injury acting up). which marbury will we get this season. the 20ppg 8assist or the new isaiah mode marbury.

Nyk Logo Isiah Mode Marbury

WELL MARBURY IS TRYING HIS HARDEST TO STAY A KNICK AND HE LOVES ISIAH SO HE WILL DO WHAT HE WANTS AND I THINK HIM BEING A GOOD DEFENDER AND A SPOT SHOOTER WHEN ZAC AND CURRY GET DOUBLED WILL BE THE BEST THING FOR THE TEAM. BUT DONT WORRY AT ANYTIME I THINK HE WILL BE ABLE TO KICK IT INTO ACTION WHEN THE TEAM NEEDS HIM TO BUT IF THEY STICK TO THE PLAN WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE TO DO THE DAMN THING

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Marbury has the ability to be a solid defender, and he even had a vote of confidence from Kobe once. I can't find the source right now, but if I remember correctly, Kobe said after one game vs. the Knicks (i think) that Marbury (during the game) was one of the tougher defenders that he'd faced.

Using your athletic ability is one part of defense. Putting forth a hard effort is another. I think Marbury's starting to look like he's gettting the latter down pretty solidly at this point in his career.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Agreed with Roco, btw Marbury >>>>>>>> Bibby.

Veteran

Originally Posted by reuel

Miller, AI, Arenas, Harris,Hinrich, Duhon, Parker ARE ALL JOKES on defense.

Miller too slow. AI just plays the passing lanes, not an on ball defender. Harris too light, Hinrich plays well within the team concept, but he himself is not that stout a defender. Duhon? Parker? Same as Hinrich. GILBERT? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kidd, Chauncy and Deron all play d. Take it easy on the rest.