Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Steph says Media twisted his words!!

  1. #1
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Steph says Media twisted his words!!

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Once again - the media up to its dirty tricks....damn I hate those bastards...

    Say what you will...but since last year, Steph has been saying that he's a changed man, a man of God....this article sounds more like him and shows how the media twisted and edited what he was saying to create a story.

  2. #2
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Media needs to get off of Stephon's dick, seriously.

  3. #3
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I hear ya Metro.
    Right now I'm so ****ing heated...
    They edit the dude's words and run it - now every news source is writing about it based on that one edit - and when he clarifies what happened in the NYpost - they just write about how after getting heat for his comments - he is changing his tune, instead of how what he said was twisted and taken out of context....

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    I hear ya Metro.
    Right now I'm so ****ing heated...
    They edit the dude's words and run it - now every news source is writing about it based on that one edit - and when he clarifies what happened in the NYpost - they just write about how after getting heat for his comments - he is changing his tune, instead of how what he said was twisted and taken out of context....
    I think this maybe the first time in history that a news paper would twist an athlete's words to generate a story. You know, cause news people never do anything that could be considered prejudicial or tainted. Again, this is a another glaring example of why I hate the Media. I hope Steph can get himself a homer reporter, sorta like Jordan and Ahmad Rashad. Then he'll get his beliefs out but in his favor.

  5. #5
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,672
    Rep Power
    11

    Nyk Logo

    As much as I despise the media, Steph is somewhat at fault here. He needs a PR director to help him when speaking to the media. The media dogs are already clawing at his angles. He's got to know what and what not to say. That's just apart of the business. I knew right away that his line of 'I hear it's a sport to some people' would be taken out of context. This is why nearly every one in the NFL has no comment on the issue. Steph if you're reading this next time try a response like "My prayers are with Vick and his family, other than that I don't have a comment." Although I agree with your comments the media will crucify you at any chance they get.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bay Shore, NY
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    man i wish steph stops talkin... i really can't blame the media 100 % on this one. they have him on tv saying this stuff. even though he might not have wanted it to come out that way, it's on tv and for the whole world to see.

  7. #7
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I hate to say it, but ini some ways black athletes get the worst media coverage when it comes to things like this. I bet you anything if Brett Favre said "from what i hear, dogfighting is a sport" it wouldn't have been this serious.

  8. #8
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    You guys gotta admit, if you were a sports reporter looking for a story that will sell some papers- You know damn well you would follow Steph eveywhere he goes with to write the outlandish comments he makes. lol its instant unintentional comedy.

    Some players are good when talking to the media, and some just really need to go to take a few courses in school. Look at early interviews with Moses Malone. Dude looked like a friggin special ed student. At that same token look at Shaq's early interviews compared to now. Chris Weber is best example on planet. He went from moron to basketball ambassador. He even went on to be regulary invited to speak on social issues on many cable news shows.

    If Steph helps win ball games, no one really care at all about what goes on in that head of his. He may not be that bright, but who cares as long as he can bring up his assists.

  9. #9
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by alrobinson6022
    man i wish steph stops talkin... i really can't blame the media 100 % on this one. they have him on tv saying this stuff. even though he might not have wanted it to come out that way, it's on tv and for the whole world to see.

    Well that's what he was trying to show. He said one thing and then the TV station in albany edited his comments before and after the one where he is seen on TV - so people didn't hear the whole story and his argument against dogfighting. From the TV clip - the newspaper wrote the text excerpts - from which other news sources began using.

    From what Steph said in today's paper and what the TV station reported, I could see the interview going something like this:

    Reporter: What do you think of the Vick situation and killing dogs

    Steph: I think it's bad where some sports kill animals. Who are we to decide which animals live or die... it's like deer hunting - who says u can kill those animals and why is that not illegal.

    Reporter: So you're saying dogfighting is a sport like deerhunting?

    Steph: From what I hear - it's a sport, just done under cover. Both of them kill animals and you don't hear people complaining about that.


    Do you see how easy it is to misconstrue what someone was saying if you only listen to certain parts of an argument..
    Plus with Steph - he is sooo easy to get baited into those open ended questions

  10. #10
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    Well that's what he was trying to show. He said one thing and then the TV station in albany edited his comments before and after the one where he is seen on TV - so people didn't hear the whole story and his argument against dogfighting. From the TV clip - the newspaper wrote the text excerpts - from which other news sources began using.

    From what Steph said in today's paper and what the TV station reported, I could see the interview going something like this:

    Reporter: What do you think of the Vick situation and killing dogs

    Steph: I think it's bad where some sports kill animals. Who are we to decide which animals live or die... it's like deer hunting - who says u can kill those animals and why is that not illegal.

    Reporter: So you're saying dogfighting is a sport like deerhunting?

    Steph: From what I hear - it's a sport, just done under cover. Both of them kill animals and you don't hear people complaining about that.


    Do you see how easy it is to misconstrue what someone was saying if you only listen to certain parts of an argument..
    Plus with Steph - he is sooo easy to get baited into those open ended questions
    No. They don't misconstrue anything. They hear the whole damn thing... they just take the most controversial part of the comment and build on that. Eventually anything else a person said becomes irrelevent.

    Reporters are actually taught to do this in conversation.

  11. #11
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Once again - the media up to its dirty tricks....damn I hate those bastards...
    Nah, I think he is just trying to contain the damage. I hope he retires soon. His behaviour is just inappropriate for any franchise. He is making the whole Knicks organisation look ridiculous.

    First the TV interview, now the dog fighting comment and a while ago, oh yes, the best point guard in the league thing. He is just one thing: embarrassing.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bay Shore, NY
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    Well that's what he was trying to show. He said one thing and then the TV station in albany edited his comments before and after the one where he is seen on TV - so people didn't hear the whole story and his argument against dogfighting. From the TV clip - the newspaper wrote the text excerpts - from which other news sources began using.

    From what Steph said in today's paper and what the TV station reported, I could see the interview going something like this:

    Reporter: What do you think of the Vick situation and killing dogs

    Steph: I think it's bad where some sports kill animals. Who are we to decide which animals live or die... it's like deer hunting - who says u can kill those animals and why is that not illegal.

    Reporter: So you're saying dogfighting is a sport like deerhunting?

    Steph: From what I hear - it's a sport, just done under cover. Both of them kill animals and you don't hear people complaining about that.


    Do you see how easy it is to misconstrue what someone was saying if you only listen to certain parts of an argument..
    Plus with Steph - he is sooo easy to get baited into those open ended questions
    i hear you. don't get me wrong, i love steph to death but he has to know that dog fighting is not a sport. i don't buy that one bit. even though he said "from what i hear". steph doesn't come across as someone who's sheltered from reality... he's not stupid

  13. #13
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by alrobinson6022
    i hear you. don't get me wrong, i love steph to death but he has to know that dog fighting is not a sport. i don't buy that one bit. even though he said "from what i hear". steph doesn't come across as someone who's sheltered from reality... he's not stupid
    Actually dog fighting is a sport, albeit a very cruel and inhumane one...it was a sport here in the US until it was made illegal, but it still remains a very popular sport in Central America, South America, the Caribbean and other countries like Russia and Central Asia.

    And one thing about growing up in NYC, you are exposed to all different cultures especially the ones from central, south america and the caribbean.
    Dogfighting exists in NYC - and being from BK, Steph knows about it. He might not condone it, but he knows it exists. Hence the reason why he said, "From what I hear".

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bay Shore, NY
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    Actually dog fighting is a sport, albeit a very cruel and inhumane one...it was a sport here in the US until it was made illegal, but it still remains a very popular sport in Central America, South America, the Caribbean and other countries like Russia and Central Asia.

    And one thing about growing up in NYC, you are exposed to all different cultures especially the ones from central, south america and the caribbean.
    Dogfighting exists in NYC - and being from BK, Steph knows about it. He might not condone it, but he knows it exists. Hence the reason why he said, "From what I hear".
    All good points but he should know better to say stuff like that to the media. He falls for it everytime.

Similar Threads

  1. KG says it again - wishes he can reunite with Steph
    By Trin_Starr in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2006, 10:31
  2. Start Nate?, Bench Steph? Let Kids play?
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Dec 30, 2005, 10:28
  3. Steph and Knicks starting to get it right
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2005, 09:29
  4. Steph moving to the two guard
    By thwax in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2005, 00:04
  5. starting pg. steph? jamal? nate?
    By nyk33334 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2005, 15:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •