Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: More likely to be in a Knick Uniforom on Opeining Night

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default More likely to be in a Knick Uniforom on Opeining Night

    I know this is getting boring we are all ready for opening night and these blogs are getting a bit redundant with all the Ron or Kobe Threads, but with no Knick News in the paper (The Marbury dogfighting articles are already old to me) us Knick Nerds need something to talk about. So I pose this question who will be in a Knick Uniform opening night.

    Eddy Curry- LOCK as long as IT is the GM/Coach he will go nowhere plus I wouldn't want him to

    Zach- LOCK: I'd say for now, but if the Eddy Zach expeirement doesn't work, look for him to be possibly moved assuming his trade value doesn't dip ie. Steve Francis (which was actually pretty low before he became a Knick, just hit rock bottom after)

    Q-75/25: I think he is in our immediate plans, and I think he's the most complete player we have, but if the right deal came along I can see him getting moved

    Jamal Crawford-90/10: Not that he's that much more unexpendable than Q, but frankly I think he is a hard player to move, he doesnt really fit the mold of any other team in the league execept maybe Pheonix or Golden State, and they have players at his position. But as much as I bash Jamal I kinda like him as a Knick

    Steph-Lock: Let's just leave it at that and you can make your own assumptions as to why, but either way he's a Knick opening night

    Nate: 50/50: Great Summer League may have helped his image, but may have made him tradable at the same time.

    Mardy-80/20: A great find by Zeke so for that reason alone his future is bright with the Knicks (I'll elaborate more on this theory when I get to Nichols), but the Kobe issue has not been resolved yet( I'll elaborate more on that theory when I get to David Lee and Balkman)

    Jared Jefferies-90/10: No ones bitting on this contract unless David Lee is involved in the package. I think he deserves a 2nd shot anyways

    David Lee and Balkman-95/5: I always associate these two players together for some reason....anyways the same applies to them both they are not going anywhere unless Kobe is on the market

    Wilson Chandler-75/25: Turned alot of heads over the summer great upside, GM hates trading youth in fear of watching the player turning into a star elsewhere, plus IT likens him to Ariza with a J and that is saying a lot. Still not a lock because if SAC or LA insisted I think he could be apart of a deal

    D Nichols-75/25: Isiah found this guy in the 2nd round, that has been Isiah's saving grace in NY is his ability to draft, no way this kid gets let go by the Knicks to go join a team like the Celtics where he goes from being a great find for Isiah to being another great off season move by Ainge. So my point I alluded to with Mardy is that Isiah will hold on to a player who makes him look good. I can however see Isiah letting Nichols go in a deal for Ron Artest.

    Randolph Morris-50/50: Like Nate a good summer validated that he can play in this league but at the same time uped his trade value, Isiah sold him well by talking him up as a late lottery pick after he was acquired and then he played like one during summer league. Sac wants to get younger and talented Morris fits that bill and he is already behind Lee and Zach in the rotation, making him a nice trade chip for Ron

    Malik Rose- 60/40: The Knicks need veteran leadership, but he could be the contract that is needed to make a trade for Artest work from a salary stand point

    Dan D-0%: 3 reasons why Lead canidate to be bought out by the Knicks if the roster issue isn't resolved. has an expiring contract which could be offered to Sac, and finally Sac needs a backup PG. So be it trade or buyout this guy is gone

    Fred Jones-65/35: Isiah likes him so that is a major plus, Isiah drafted him (see examples above) another major plus, but Isiah wouldn't want to endure the public beating he would recieve if not parting with Fred Jones was the deal breaker in a deal for a key player. Worth mentioning is his expiring contract, D, atheleticism, and is realitively young.

    Jerome James: If Jerome James comes into camp in shape, ready to contribute. and with a new found focus and passion for the game then he's a LOCK!

    Ron Artest-anywhere from a lock to not likely I'd say 70/30: We have all the peices to get him, he wants to be a Knick, Sac wants to dump him, so it's likely we can get him, howver Sac could ask for Lee or Balkman, and we know Lee is off limits, so that could get interesting. But for all we know behind close doors this deal could be all but done, it's hard for me to imagine that even off the record the Knicks and the Kings haven't discussed this seriously at all this summer, and if the deal wasn't going to happen then Isiah would've come out and said for sure stated that the deal is dead much like he did when Ron was trying to get traded from Indy and the Pacers wanted Frye.

    Kobe- 5% (at best)- Kobe is in great shape, the Lakers aren't moving him for nothing, and we only have nothing to offer! a Lee,Balkman, and Crawford package could get us Paul Peirce, or Gasol, but not Kobe.

    But ofcourse these are just my opinions, let me know yours

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I agree on eveything besides, I think artest's chances are more like 45/55 now with the rumors of pat riley being interested. but you never know. I also believe Kobe to be 2% i just don't see it happening, we will have to dismember the whole team to make a package for kb24. but everything else i kinda agree with you

  3. #3
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    For the most part, I agree with your assessment on the team. I definitely agree that Jeffries does deserve another shot. The only player I would trade Q for would be Ron right now. Since IT drafted Fred Jones, I think he is really interested in making him fit with the team.

    I think the future of Randolph Morris depends on James. IT nor any of us Knick fans will stand for another poor season from that dude. If James is decent, Morris will be burried further down the roster.

    I like Jamal period. After watching that 52 point performance yesterday on MSG it reminded me just how much he can imitate some of the best players in the league when he's on his game. Other than some D and some shot selection, there is nothing wrong with Jamal's game.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by reuel
    I agree on eveything besides, I think artest's chances are more like 45/55 now with the rumors of pat riley being interested. but you never know. I also believe Kobe to be 2% i just don't see it happening, we will have to dismember the whole team to make a package for kb24. but everything else i kinda agree with you
    Ron wouldn't at all mind playing in MIA, but WANTS TO PLAY IN NY. I can't imagine a package that the Heat can offer that is better than what the Knicks could offer. Udonis and Jason Williams is a nice package, but Sac already went the Jay Will route, plus the Knicks could give Sac a better pick in this years draft, Nate as a backup PG, Morris as apart of your future frontcourt with the Center they drafted this year (remember teams want low post players now with the Oden, Howard, Amare, Ming, and yes Curry emerging as the future of the league) and expiring contracts. Riley may want him, and he would win w/ Miami but he would rather win with the Knicks. Not just saying this as a Knick fan, but truthfully we have a better shot than Miami, plus Riley is dumb to move a consitent player like Haslem for a player who can opt out next year, not to mention has some backage issues. Ron is a win win for us, we trade mutltiple players for him and resolve our roster issues, if Ron stays out of trouble and plays D like we know he can then we are in the top have of the Eastern brackett come playoff time, if he gets into trouble or doesnt perform we don't resighn him we still have resolved our roster issues and you have Balkman and Chandler to fill the gap.

  5. #5
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    Ron wouldn't at all mind playing in MIA, but WANTS TO PLAY IN NY. I can't imagine a package that the Heat can offer that is better than what the Knicks could offer. Udonis and Jason Williams is a nice package, but Sac already went the Jay Will route, plus the Knicks could give Sac a better pick in this years draft, Nate as a backup PG, Morris as apart of your future frontcourt with the Center they drafted this year (remember teams want low post players now with the Oden, Howard, Amare, Ming, and yes Curry emerging as the future of the league) and expiring contracts. Riley may want him, and he would win w/ Miami but he would rather win with the Knicks. Not just saying this as a Knick fan, but truthfully we have a better shot than Miami, plus Riley is dumb to move a consitent player like Haslem for a player who can opt out next year, not to mention has some backage issues. Ron is a win win for us, we trade mutltiple players for him and resolve our roster issues, if Ron stays out of trouble and plays D like we know he can then we are in the top have of the Eastern brackett come playoff time, if he gets into trouble or doesnt perform we don't resighn him we still have resolved our roster issues and you have Balkman and Chandler to fill the gap.
    Everyone that thinks we will get Artest with out giving up either Lee or Balkman is really not thinking clearly. While Artest has a bad rep and some GM's would not want his poor attitude in their club house, most teams see his value. He makes very little money for the amount of talent he possesses and he is the premier outside defender in the league. Sacramento will not just give him away for picks! They won't take back a long term contract either, like Q'riche's. They will want a young promising talent, expiring contract and a pick. I think the Knicks could get Artest for Balkman, one or both expiring contract(s) and a pick. That would get him to NY before the start of the season. You know what, I would make that trade! Artest has years of proven talent, while Balkman has teased us with what he did at times last season. Proven for a promise.... No brainer to me! Lee is the guy you want to keep out of the trade.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Everyone that thinks we will get Artest with out giving up either Lee or Balkman is really not thinking clearly. While Artest has a bad rep and some GM's would not want his poor attitude in their club house, most teams see his value. He makes very little money for the amount of talent he possesses and he is the premier outside defender in the league. Sacramento will not just give him away for picks! They won't take back a long term contract either, like Q'riche's. They will want a young promising talent, expiring contract and a pick. I think the Knicks could get Artest for Balkman, one or both expiring contract(s) and a pick. That would get him to NY before the start of the season. You know what, I would make that trade! Artest has years of proven talent, while Balkman has teased us with what he did at times last season. Proven for a promise.... No brainer to me! Lee is the guy you want to keep out of the trade.
    I think maybe we may have to part with Balkman and I'm with you on letting him go for Ron. I would love it if we didn't have to, but if it comes to that then IT should pull the trigger on that trade. Not to mention Artest, Balkman and Chandler creates a log jam at the SF position. Balkman has more hustle and heart than Chandler, but Chandler is clearly more skilled.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 10, 2011, 07:59
  2. Marbury: I want to die a Knick
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: Dec 25, 2007, 23:48
  3. Isiah Rips Former Knick over Comments
    By vinod1227 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2006, 13:18
  4. Random Knick thoughts thus far...
    By Starks in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2005, 17:27
  5. Knick Concerns
    By mrj18 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 14:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •