UUUUGH, I can't stand the suspense! What's gonna happen?

jzero29

Rotation player
Is there a trade in the knicks future? what will thge roster be on opening night? nichols gone? Dickau released? jones roster spot? Jerome james bench spot next to hot dog vendor? Jarred jefferies good season?(he's been practicing by himself) How will our big guys get along? who will Nate robison be dunking for this year? Lee balkman artest and kobe, who'll be a knick who won't? I can't take it any longer, the suspense is killing me! November is so far away! So what do you think will happen?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
You forgot one thing Z Bo and EC coexisting! If it happens it will be like Artest said. Him and J- Oneal in Indiana.

God, there are a lot of possibilities. I really think that Isiah is waiting for this Kobe situation to develop. Once training camp rolls around we should get a better idea of whether anything will happen with that. I can see him letting go of Dickau, keeping Jones (his own pick), and one other cut or buyout (preferably Jerome James, cant help us anyway)

One think I do hope is that he gives David Lee and Balkman real minutes. Even is they dont start, they should get pretty good minutes. Randolph Morris should also get some burn, so we can see what his worth is.

I think the only way Zack and Eddy coexist is if we limit their playing time together. Playing the forward/center combos will be crucial to our success. When Zack and Eddy are in the game together, one of them will have to defer to the other, sort of play the "role player" for some time. If you look at successful team, the forward/center tandem includes one playmaker and one role player. My 2 cents.

jzero29

Rotation player
addressed the eddy and zach question...

Is there a trade in the knicks future? what will thge roster be on opening night? nichols gone? Dickau released? jones roster spot? Jerome james bench spot next to hot dog vendor? Jarred jefferies good season?(he's been practicing by himself) How will our big guys get along? who will Nate robison be dunking for this year? Lee balkman artest and kobe, who'll be a knick who won't? I can't take it any longer, the suspense is killing me! November is so far away! So what do you think will happen?

You forgot one thing Z Bo and EC coexisting! If it happens it will be like Artest said. Him and J- Oneal in Indiana.
the how will our big guys get along was eddy and zach, reference, right after jareed jeff and before nates question.
But i can't imagine it being like j.oneil and artest, first both of them are great defenders, i'll give it to them, they are probably better offensively than JO and ronny. but defense. Jermaine blocks shots and artest plays D. Eddy doesn't block shots and zach doesn't play d. Granted a new year can bring new things, I hope.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
God, there are a lot of possibilities. I really think that Isiah is waiting for this Kobe situation to develop. Once training camp rolls around we should get a better idea of whether anything will happen with that. I can see him letting go of Dickau, keeping Jones (his own pick), and one other cut or buyout (preferably Jerome James, cant help us anyway)

I dont know if Kobe is going to leave L.A. this seasone but I do know there will be two more Blockbuster trades done before the regular season begins, and Jermain O'Neal will be apart of one. I agree with you on the Dickau and Jones, but Jerome James might come in handy this season alongside of Zach.

One think I do hope is that he gives David Lee and Balkman real minutes. Even if they dont start, they should get pretty good minutes. Randolph Morris should also get some burn, so we can see what his worth is.

From what I seen of Rookie Randolph Morris his defensive game and rebounding is dependable once he become relax amongst NBA competion.
David Lee, Balkman, and Nate are the Knicks SAVIORS this season, and should get alot of burn.

I think the only way Zack and Eddy coexist is if we limit their playing time together. Playing the forward/center combos will be crucial to our success. When Zack and Eddy are in the game together, one of them will have to defer to the other, sort of play the "role player" for some time. If you look at successful team, the forward/center tandem includes one playmaker and one role player. My 2 cents.

The only way that Curry & Zach could co-exist is by them complimenting one another talents. If Curry is hot then Zach have to Man-up the boards and defend, and Visa Versa when Zach is hot. This is the reason why Zach should not be a starter at the beginning of the regular season.
Zach offense and Balkman Defense with either Rookie Morris or James at Center as a frontcourt bench Unit will eat up alot of teams just from the differ change performance of Curry, Lee, and Q.Richardson (Starters).
Having Zach keep up with Balkman is what we want to prepare him for so by midseason the Zach & Curry Tandem will have the complete ballance to co-exist in the frontcourt.

Kiyaman

Legend
The knicks just signed nichols to a one year non-guaranteed contract.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09012007/sports/sports_shorts.htm

After failing to persuade him to head to Europe for a year, the Knicks yesterday offered rookie guard Demetris Nichols a one-year non-guaranteed minimum contract ($427,000) to retain his rights yesterday. Nichols is expected to sign and be at training camp Oct. 1. -Marc Berman

Very WISE move on Isiah Thomas behalf, because 6.8 Demetris Nichols is the missing Part to this Knick Team Success. Now the Knicks should hire a good Defensive Guard assistant Coach to work with Marbury, Crawford, Nate, Collins and BIG-Guard Demetris Nichols in the backcourt this season.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Ok.....Now i definitely sense a big trade going down.....i believe we are going for artest....i think nate is on his way out...so is jones....id rather keep dan in any event....i believe balkman and jeffries are expendable now....also james rose and i hat eto say it...lee.....i think artest is our target...and its going to be a last minute trade.....so...new-yorkish

Artest and Kobe? I like it, but now now. but I wonder between them Marbury, and Zack how many people we could manage without imploding. I think we really need to pick a direction, focus, stick to it.

I dont really understand the concept of collecting lots of talent without diretion. But Kobe and Artest together is something good for a video game. Now if we to trade just for Kobe, by giving up Randolph, Balkman, Jeffries, some contracts, I would like that. I dont think we need both Artest and Kobe.

How could the starting lineup of Curry,Lee,Artest,Q or Crawford, and Marbury go wrong? I also think we could keep our current roster the way it is minus J.James,Dickau and maby Jones and still contend for the playoffs, but with the above starting five I think we could compete for some rings!

Toons

is the Bo$$
but 5 players cant win a ring...we need a solid supporting cast...and currently i think that our bench can compete with a few nba teams....
nate/dickau
nichols/ collins
balkman/ jeffries
D.lee/ wil. chandler
morris/ james

that is what i call DEEEP

Kiyaman

Legend
The Kobe Bryant Issue is still up in the air, although the majority wish he would stay put if they can not have him. To get players like Kobe, Jermain O'Neal, Gasol, and even $8 million Ron Artest, the next team have to gut their roster of their young players in a trade for these Star Players.
This is what it seems like the Knicks is waiting to do before the offseason end or the regular season begins, having two expired contracts (in Dickau & Jones) as bait, plus signing a potential 2nd rounder in the draft that shows promise to alot of NBA teams in need of a 6.8 BIG-Guard that adds defense & offense from the peremeter (Demitris Nichols).

The Knicks are in more of a dieing need of 6.8 Rookie Demetris Nichols services from the Peremeter than any other NBA Team. The Knicks Brains was going to send Nichols overseas to Italy (LOL), untill Nichols changed Agents when other NBA teams seen his repeated consistent performance with unquestionable born instints on the peremeter in the Summer League Games. I liked 6.8 Rookie Chandler performance however, Nichols out shined him in so many departments especially in court-awareness and decision-making on offense & defensive plays. But they both looked real good playing together for the first time alongside of 6.7 Renaldo Balkman on both sides of the court (Three Swingman SF who proved they could Co-exist together on court confusing oponents of who is the PF, SF, and SG, they were awesome.).
It is a down right nasty shame that Isiah Thomas will be trading this TRIO real soon.

I think we could get Kobe and K.Brown for Crawford,Randolf,Nate,one of our SF's(J.Jeffries,Nicholes,Chandler,Balkman) and some garbage maby some picks. Would you do it then?

jzero29

Rotation player
okay so thats one question, partially answered

The knicks just signed nichols to a one year non-guaranteed contract.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09012007/sports/sports_shorts.htm

After failing to persuade him to head to Europe for a year, the Knicks yesterday offered rookie guard Demetris Nichols a one-year non-guaranteed minimum contract ($427,000) to retain his rights yesterday. Nichols is expected to sign and be at training camp Oct. 1. -Marc Berman
I like this move, lets see, what happens next. I am expecting some sort of trade to happen. I think artest may be a possiblity. Unless, IT is holding out for the chance at Kobe.