Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make a run @ Kobe?

Veteran

Default Make a run @ Kobe?

Its speculated as though the Bulls are Kobes first choice the Knicks are a close second and that we could make another run at him before training camp begins.

I'm not a big Kobe fan but the unselfish way he is playing for US i only hope we do make a run at him and that he stays this way if we get him. W

With Kobe makin near 18 mill next season wed have to give quite a few contracts for it to work. but with a group of young players expiring contracts and quality players Isiah could make this work.

Would you give up all we would have to to get him? and who would you send?

With Lee being Lee I wouldnt mind sending Randolph but im not too sure on that.

Id either pack Randolph, Crawford and say Chandler or Robinson for Kobe.
    our roster would then look like...
    Curry/Morris/James
    Lee/Rose
    Jeffries/Balkman/Nichols
    Bryant/Q/Jones
    Marbury/Collins/Dickau

OR

put Q, Lee, Jeffries, Jones, Dickau for Kobe but then wed be with..
    Curry/Morris/James
    Randolph/Rose
    Balkman/Chandler/Nichols
    Bryant/Crawford
    Marbury/Collins

still not a bad team...
    what would you do? or would you even trade? or wait for artest?

Superstar

do you really think they would trade kobe for lee, q, jeffries jones and dickau? they would try and dump radmanovic to us i think. anyway that talent level isnt really on par... lee would have to be thrown in with another superstar and not be the best or second best player in the package.

Actually, aquiring Kobe might look a little better after his performance in the FIBA Tournament....playing with players who can get the job done is exactly what kobe needs to win....an he cant do that in LA...or with any team making a run for him in the western conference. With that being said, i think kobe will either go to Chicago or new york. I feel he might go to chicago because it will definitely solve the lakers problem at the 1 spot, but that would be it. An paxon dosent want to break up his young team. I really think he would choose NYC because its NEW YORK firstly, secondly we could make a realistic trade of
    Q.Rich.......8.1 mil
    Crawford...7.9 mil
    Nate.......1.2 mil
    Lee.....990 thousand
    Jones...3.3 mil (expireing contract)
    1st round draft pick (isiah can spot talent late in the draft)

for

Kobe....18.1 mil
    Maurice evans...1.2 mil
    2 rnd draft pick

Our lineup will then be one to compete and contend for a title in the NBA...

Marbury/ collins/ dickau
    Kobe/ nichols
    Balkman/ Chandler/Jefferies
    Randolph/ Morris/ Rose
    Curry/ James

If isiah could pull this off, GM of the year....Bigger than the garnett trade

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this link clearly shows that kobe will b disappointed having to feed the ball to kwame brown in the post....kobe dosnet need another scoring title, he wants to win a chamionship, an he ain ga do it with LA fa sure

what r ur ideas knick fans? with nate maturing, and his performance in summer league, qrich, craw, and the double double machine, david lee, can we aquire KB24?

lol, and then trade balkman and marbury for artest

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune did a wrap up on the Americas tournament in Vegas and briefly discussed Kobe Bryant's future. Let me nip this in the bud before anyone gets hysterical, because Sam suggests the Knicks will be major players in trying to get Kobe.

Sam merely speculated on what we've all been speculating since Kobe first came out and said he wanted out, so don't read too much into this. There is nothing new.

why not giving up Marbury and one or two young players? This could solve the Lakers problems on the point guard spot and since it doesn't take so many years until Marbury's contract expires, the Lakers might see it as a chance to to keep themselves in the media (cf. Vick, my ho et cetera) and going over to rebuilding as soon as Marbury is in Italy.

For the Knicks to get Kobe, Isiah would have to make a trade with the some key players along with expiring contracts and unprotected picks. I think this is the trade scenario that I think would make that deal happen:
    To Lakers:
    Eddie Curry
    Renaldo Balkman and/or David Lee
    Fred Jones
    Dan Dickau
    Wilson Chandler and/or Randolph Morris
    1 to 2 Unprotected #1 Picks

To Knicks:
    Kobe Bryant

I don't think the Lakers would want Crawford but I think they would love to have Curry after loosing O'Neil. So, I think that scenario would get Kobe to NY for sure. You might have to give up more young guys if you wanted to keep either Lee or Balkman. So, the 3 young guys (the 2 draft picks from this past draft and Chandler). Not sure if they would want to dump Vladimir's contract as well. If so, they might want the Knicks to add Rose's contract to the trade and force the Knicks take his 3 remaining years.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by pat
    why not giving up Marbury and one or two young players? This could solve the Lakers problems on the point guard spot and since it doesn't take so many years until Marbury's contract expires, the Lakers might see it as a chance to to keep themselves in the media (cf. Vick, my ho et cetera) and going over to rebuilding as soon as Marbury is in Italy.
    Who would be our point guard? Nate? Marbury is a lock because he's good and because there's no one else out there available on his level. I expect to see Randolph's name in the trade. This is going to upset allot of you guys but ether Randolph or Lee are out of here. My guess is Lee due to his contract.

Here's a likely trade:

Dan Dickau
    Salary: $2,990,028 Years Remaining: 1

Jamal Crawford
    Salary: $7,920,000 Years Remaining: 4

Quentin Richardson
    Salary: $8,105,500 Years Remaining: 3

David Lee
    Salary: $990,600 Years Remaining: 1
    ----------------------------------------------
    For Kobe Bryant
    Salary: $19,490,625 Years Remaining: 3

Expect Thomas to bring up Balkmans' name before Lee's. Still I see L.A. demanding Lee in the trade.

Projected Knicks Roster

Marbury,Robinson
    Bryant, Collins, Chandler, Nichols
    Jeffries, Balkman
    Randolph, Rose
    Curry, Morris/James

Superstar

hometheaterguy i think your trade is more in the ballpark. the only way we can get him for less is if he holds out of training camp and theyre forced to trade him. but as long as hes willing to stay in LA theyre not gonna take anything short of overwhelming.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

If this happens we will be in the top 4 spot in the Eastern Conference. I wouldn't mind having Kobe here at all.

Am I the only one who doesn't want Kobe here? We would have to give up way too much to get him. Kobe is not worth it. Let Chicago give up half their team for him.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

So how long you want to wait still to finally get a title? 10-20 years?

I would love to see Kobe in NY but only if were keeping Curry,Lee,Q and Steph around him. Those players and Kobe and we would be on top of the East and real contenders for a championship.