A Knicks season preview

Kiyaman

Legend
Here is my own personal Link to the Knicks competition in the Atlantic Division that may keep them out of the Postseason Games.

The FOUR competitive Teams in the Atlantic Division that will strive to be apart of the Eastern Conference Post Season Games.

I think we Knick-Fans has been hood-winked again during the offseason.
The 2007 offseason the Knicks went after a scoring PF.
The 2006 offseason the Knicks went after a Coach.
The 2005 offseason the Knicks went after a Coach & Center.
The 2004 offseason the Knicks went after a scoring SG.

1) The Nets have sumpthin inwhich the Knicks are in badly need of and thats TEAM-Chemistry. Ever since Jason Kidd became a Net, the Nets been playing with Team-Chemistry to make it to every Playoffs.

2) The Raptors best move this decade was in trading for PG-TJ Ford, this one player has the entire roster playing every play with TEAM-Chemistry. Inwhich the two full seasons of PG-T.J. Ford both teams he played for made the playoffs.

3) The Celtics has the Leadership Players in three Super-Star Players on their roster however, they are short one player that gives these three star-players spunk to be consistent Winners and that is a Playmaking PG. PG-Sam Cassell bought-out the best in Ray Allen & KG when he were their teammates. Cassell took alot of presure off of his Star Teammates by adding Team Chemistry.

4) The Knicks LACK Team-Chemistry! the Knicks always had the above .500 roster its just that the Knicks Lacked the Starting Playmaking PG when Laydumb traded PG-Chris Childs the same offseason Ewing was traded. Charlie Ward was one of the Best Backup Defensive PG you could ever put into the game to slow down any scoring Guard in the NBA. Knick Players like PG-Chris Childs, PG-Ward, SG-Houston, and SF/SG-Sprewell took the 8th seeded Knicks to the FINALS.

So the Knicks BIGGEST Weak area on their roster is NOT having that playmaking PG that gets everyone into the flow of the game.
Each offseason we Knick-Fans has been HOOD-WINKED by this and that when the REAL Problem lies in Marbury as the Knicks Starting PG (and we all thought Howard Eisley was bad, but Marbury took it to another losing level the Knicks career history never seen before.).

When the Knicks drafted PG-Nate Robinson, we Knick-Fans watched him play in his rookie Summer League Games, we all thought the Knicks just solved one of their biggest problems with this fast Athletic high jumping short player. But who thought that Nate Robinson would have to play 2nd Fiddle to 35 MPG Marbury & Crawford (Two Losers in the NBA), plus program his skillz & talents to follow their lead by both Head coaches demands.

P.S. Here is sumthing that all Knick-Fans need to recall, the season before Nate Robinson became a Knick the "Marbury & Crawford" backcourt was the worst "Decision-Making" backcourt in the NBA. The two guards were so bad the Knicks went on a consistent Losing streak that broke all Knicks record-books that had Head Coach Lenny Wilkins Fired in Midseason. The intermediate Head Coach Herb Williams took over and broke the Marbury & Crawford Tandem up in the Backcourt by never playing them together for the rest of that 33 WIN season.

Curry & Zach or Curry & Frye is a tiny problem when Compared to the Knicks BIGGEST Problem which is Marbury as the Knicks Starting PG averaging 35 MPG...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
wow...can you be more pessimistic? I mean being realistic is one thing...but you act like we don't stand a chance. These are possibilties (not likely possiblities but they are possibities). The more likely scenario is that NJ will struggle to defend both Curry and Randolph since the two bigs are agile and powerful unlike NJ's absent front court. What...Kristic is going to defend Curry? LOL Maybe Collins? LOL Collins will foul out and Kristic is too soft. They're best post defender is Josh Boone and he sits the pine. NJ is the least of our worries. Team Chemistry will come.

2. True...but they lack the talent that we have. If we put effort in our gameplay we will come out on top. Again who is going to give Curry and Randolph problems on this team? Defensively we're going to be possibly weak since Bosh can blow by both of our bigs and most of their bigs have outside J's but a zone will kill them.

3. The celtics don't need a playmaker...they have 2...possibly three but Allen is a shooter not a playmaker. They need a PG willing to take the back seat and feed the stars and play D similar to a Charlie Ward.

....Did you just call starbury a loser? YOU think he's the problem? You have definitely lost it buddy...marbury shut down Ray Allen defensively...who on this team can do that? Marbury has made sacrifices they most scoring PGs wouldn't do and that's relinquish his shot attempts. Give credit where credits due but from you...I haven't heard any given credit from you...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
wow...can you be more pessimistic? I mean being realistic is one thing...but you act like we don't stand a chance. These are possibilties (not likely possiblities but they are possibities). The more likely scenario is that NJ will struggle to defend both Curry and Randolph since the two bigs are agile and powerful unlike NJ's absent front court. What...Kristic is going to defend Curry? LOL Maybe Collins? LOL Collins will foul out and Kristic is too soft. They're best post defender is Josh Boone and he sits the pine. NJ is the least of our worries. Team Chemistry will come.

2. True...but they lack the talent that we have. If we put effort in our gameplay we will come out on top. Again who is going to give Curry and Randolph problems on this team? Defensively we're going to be possibly weak since Bosh can blow by both of our bigs and most of their bigs have outside J's but a zone will kill them.

3. The celtics don't need a playmaker...they have 2...possibly three but Allen is a shooter not a playmaker. They need a PG willing to take the back seat and feed the stars and play D similar to a Charlie Ward.

....Did you just call starbury a loser? YOU think he's the problem? You have definitely lost it buddy...marbury shut down Ray Allen defensively...who on this team can do that? Marbury has made sacrifices they most scoring PGs wouldn't do and that's relinquish his shot attempts. Give credit where credits due but from you...I haven't heard any given credit from you...

I mostly agree with you except about New Jersey. Don't forget, they also picked up Jamaal Magloire and drafted Sean Williams. Both are good defenders. I don't see the Knicks being better than New Jersey this year. The only thing the Knicks have done this offseason is get Randolph, and everybody has questions as to whether or not Zach and Eddy can co-exist. Now, if we get Artest, then I think the Knicks will be better than the Nets and possibly win the Atlantic (if they develop chemistry).

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I mostly agree with you except about New Jersey. Don't forget, they also picked up Jamaal Magloire and drafted Sean Williams. Both are good defenders. I don't see the Knicks being better than New Jersey this year. The only thing the Knicks have done this offseason is get Randolph, and everybody has questions as to whether or not Zach and Eddy can co-exist. Now, if we get Artest, then I think the Knicks will be better than the Nets and possibly win the Atlantic (if they develop chemistry).

I don't get why every one seems to think that Randolph is a big question mark and Artest is the savior. Artest is a great defender with mental issues. True, Jersey made some upgrades but their question mark is just as big as ours. Magloire can ball but is inconsistent. The same can be said for Randolph I suppose. I like Randolph but he and Crawford are damn good trading bait. I think the Kobe talk should heat up again. Let's not waist our assets on Artest. He will make his way here soon enough. Kiyaman you're a flip flopper. What's it going to be now, the coach's fault, the Center, the PF and now you say it's Crawford/Marbury. Damn you must really think this team sucks.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i dont even think kiyahman is a knick fan.....prolly a jersey fan who came to stir problems

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
knicks problem defensively last year was the opposition 3 point shootin, scoring in da paint last year wasnt a big problem, the 3 point shooting allowed by the knicks was pathetic last year so dont put all the blame on curry defensively

LJ4ptplay

Starter
knicks problem defensively last year was the opposition 3 point shootin, scoring in da paint last year wasnt a big problem, the 3 point shooting allowed by the knicks was pathetic last year so dont put all the blame on curry defensively

That's not what I was trying to say. I was saying that Artest would be better for this team because he would help solve the Knicks biggest weakness. And the reason there are questions with Randolph, is because his game is similar to Curry's. Plus, Randolph doesn't address the defensive needs that are desperately needed to make up for Curry's lack of defense in the post.

Roco

Rookie

IMO, this concern about Curry and Randolph's defense isn't really directed at their defense in the post, it's more of their lack of shotblocking. Randolph was a stellar rebounder last season, and had Curry put up 23 and 10 last season, then he would be unanimously hailed as our franchise player.
No question that we need a better effort from Curry defensively, but it isn't just all about shotblocking. Charles Oakley was a defensive stalwart, but he never averaged over .6 bpg. Curry may not have Oakley-type potential on defense, but should he get in better shape and develop a consistent focus, then he could be solid at the least. This past season, we got into it with all the question marks, and we were given career highs. Curry already pledged his allegiance to Isiah, and I'm sure that Isiah will continue to push him.

We address a glaring weakness if we trade for Artest. Artest is a great perimeter defender, and when you have a guy who you can count on to consitently deny dribble penetration into the paint, then the shotblocking issue won't be as much of a concern as it was before.

that season preview link was pretty poor in its assumption that Lee will CERTAINLY start at the 3.

i see no way how this could happen, unless Lee developed some excellent perimeter D skills and a sweet 18-footer. Though i do know hes been working on his jump shot, the best we can hope right now is that hell be serviceable when shooting from outside 10-12feet. He shot 60% from the field, but how many times did we here Cylde compain on tv about how Lee's lack of a perimeter shot allows the D to let him roam around the perimeter. Whenever he gets the ball outside he just dribbles or immediately looks to pass.

Now im not trying to crap on Lee or anything, he is actually tied with Balkman as my favorite player on the Knicks, but he is no small forward at this point in his career.

Q is much more obvious choice at the 3 since he is a better defender with a nice outside shot. With Marbury and Craw hopefully penetrating the D, and Curry and Zach holding it down on the blocks, we desperately need a guy to knock down open jumpers. Im not a big fan of Q, because he was so badly overrated coming to NY ( if only i had a nickel everytime i said that about knicks incomers) , but he should certainly get the start at SF provided hes fully healed from injury.

Also, Lee is much more useful off the bench when Randolph or Curry need a breather.

I belive that we could use Randolf and Crawford in a trade for Kobe (with some other stuff) and we will still have enough on our roster to make a play for Artest since Sacramento is going to lose him next year to us anyway they might as well get something out of a deal this year. This would be a sick NY lineup Curry,Lee,Artest,Kobe and Marbury and no matter what still a deep bench.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I belive that we could use Randolf and Crawford in a trade for Kobe (with some other stuff) and we will still have enough on our roster to make a play for Artest since Sacramento is going to lose him next year to us anyway they might as well get something out of a deal this year. This would be a sick NY lineup Curry,Lee,Artest,Kobe and Marbury and no matter what still a deep bench.

no need for both of dem

Kiyaman

Legend

Did you read the BigPush Article? They actually Joked on each of the Knicks Starters and the situation Isiah Thomas put this team in.

The only good thing the Article mention was the performance of PF-David Lee being the best option as a Starter, even at the SF spot. It also mentioned that in the past Isiah showed he do not want to Start David Lee.

Being a Knick-Fan does not mean that you have to justify wearing a Red suit to a Black & White Dance. 86 WINS in three seasons! come on.

Marbury was not the type of PG the Knicks wanted or needed after his performance with the Nets. The guy cant throw an Alley-oop pass to his teammates. How many Alley-oops did Marbury throw to KG, K-Mart, and Amare? one or three a season. Stop Justifying for Marbury poor Team-Play.

Kiyaman

Legend
I want my Knicks to have some chemistry within 7 to 8 players this season, but the way they talked about Certain Knick Players in that "Preview", like mentioning Marbury & Crawford will be Knicks till 2009. because of their contract$.
These two players are LOCKED here, so I Finally want Marbury & Crawford to put in some chemistry with their teammates.
Chemistry means: playing both sides of the court with your teammate.
You have NBA Players that wish they were in Marbury & Crawford position with this team.
I'm not worried about the Knicks Frontcourt players with Balkman, David Lee, and Q.Rich to chose from.
It's the Knicks Starting Backcourt of Marbury & Crawford leadership at quarterback that bothers me the most about this Knick Team making the playoffs.

Is this the season that Marbury & Crawford become one of the top-5 Backcourt Tandems in the NBA?
That is what I expect from both Marbury & Crawford the next two season.
All these seasons together both players should know how to make one another talent better, plus you got a guaranteed two more seasons together.

Head Coach Zeke will have Marbury & Crawford Start & Finish games this season.